Mobile insurance is a comprehensive Insurance product with all the right specifications. It covers your smartphone display screen from accidental damage or loss (including physical and liquid damage accident), fire, riot & strike, and any fortuitous cause.
- Accidental Physical Damage covered (Whether it is broken, cracked or shattered)
- Accidental Liquid Damage covered.
- Pan India coverage (Your mobile screen is protected wherever you go in India)
- Real time damage detection with zero-manual intervention.
- No lengthy process or app download required to purchase the policy.
Your smartphone should not be more than 1 year old from the date of purchase of the device opt for coverage under the policy
The display screen should not have any pre-existing damages at the time of purchase of this policy and should be in a good general health. The health of the smartphone has been determined using the diagnostic tool
Main characteristics of the product, Options and coverage provided by the product, as applicable:
1. Coverage: One-time display screen coverage from accidental damage (including physical and liquid damage), fire, riot & strike, and any fortuitous cause
2. Geographical Limit: Within India
3. Only smartphones which are less than 1 year old from the date of availing for the display screen coverage will be covered under the policy.
4. The sum insured will be 40% of the invoice value of your smartphones
5. In case of damage, indemnification up to repair value or Sum Insured, whichever is lesser is applicable. Repairs only from Authorised
Service Center is applicable. Repair invoice is mandatory
6. Excess of 10% of claim amount is applicable for claims
7. Enrolment under the policy is non-transferable
1.Damage caused by any process of cleaning, dyeing or bleaching, restoring, servicing, preventative maintenance, repairing or renovation or deterioration arising from wear and tear, moth, vermin, insects or mildew or any other gradually operating cause.
2.Loss or damage caused by mechanical or electrical derangement/breakdown of any article unless caused by accidental external means or specifically declared and accepted by us and expressly stated in the policy schedule
3. Consequential loss or legal liability of any kind
4. Loss or damage due to or contributed to by the Insured having caused or suffered anything to be done whereby the risks hereby insured against were unnecessarily increased.
5.Loss or damage due to misplacement, misuse, reckless, abusive, willful or intentional conduct associated with handling and use of the covered item.
6.Any cosmetic loss or damage including but not limited to scratches and dents that do not otherwise affect the functionality of the covered item
For a detailed list of exclusions please refer policy wordings on Tata AIG Website
Important General Conditions:
DUTY OF DISCLOSURE: This Policy shall be void and all premium paid hereon shall be forfeited to the Company in the event of misrepresentation, mis description or non-disclosure of any material fact.
REASONABLE CARE: The Insured shall take all reasonable steps to safeguard the property insured against accident, loss or damage.
CANCELLATION: The Company may at any time cancel this Policy, by giving 15 days notice in writing by to the Insured at his last known address on the grounds of misrepresentation, fraud, non-disclosure of material facts or non-cooperation. In the event of cancellation on the grounds of misrepresentation, fraud, non-disclosure of material facts, policy shall stand cancelled ab-initio and there will be no refund of premium. In the event policy is cancelled on grounds of non-cooperation by insured, the premium shall be computed in accordance with company’s short period scales for the period policy has been in force, provided no claim has occurred up to the date of cancellation. In the event a claim has occurred in which case there shall be no return of premium.
The Insured may also give a 15 days notice in writing to the Company for the cancellation of this Policy, in which case the Company shall retain the premium for the period this Policy has been in force at the Company’s short period scales. However, if insured has made any claim on this policy before the cancellation date then no refund of premium will be given.
Policy cancellation period
Premium to be retained
Cancellation of policy <=3 months
Cancellation of policy >3 months & <=6 months
Cancellation of Policy > 6 months & < = 9 months
Cancellation of policy > 9 months
Basis of Loss Settlement:
In the case of damage (partial loss) to a covered item:
If it is reasonably capable of repair, reinstatement, renewal or refurbishment then company’s payment to the insured will reflect reasonable costs of restoring by such means the damaged item to its condition immediately prior to the event that gave rise to the claim under this policy without any allowance for wear and tear and depreciation involving replacement of parts except those with limited life, less salvage value of replaced item/part but limited nevertheless to the sum Insured or the limit as stated in the schedule
Claims can be intimated in many ways through telephone/fax/email/SMS/registered post within 24 hours, from the occurrence of the loss or the event giving rise to the claim.
24-hour Toll-free Helpline at 1-800-266-7780
Writing to us at email@example.com
SMS us as: Claims: Type in CLAIMS and send it to 5616181
Directly into system when a customer walks to the office.
1. Relevant information, which includes policy and other details regarding the claim, will be asked from the insured.
2. The insured needs to preserve any damaged property so that it may, at our discretion, be inspected and examined by independent surveyors and/or our representatives.