Aarogyasri Telangana Health Insurance
- Author :
- TATA AIG Team
- Published on :
Health Insurance is one of the most important financial protection objectives for any individual. It helps in ascertaining the necessary medical care during an emergency and otherwise. Furthermore, it is particularly essential for the weaker sections of society who cannot afford the required treatment at any stage in their life. Without health insurance, many individuals from economically weaker backgrounds may not be able to access the necessary medical treatment, leading to untreated illnesses and further financial strain.
Considering this aspect, the Indian state of Telangana introduced the Aarogyasri Telangana, a health insurance program for the people under BPL.
What Is The Aarogyasri Telangana Health Insurance Program?
Aarogyasri Telangana is a health insurance program in the Indian state of Telangana managed by the Aarogyasri Health Care Trust that provides financial assistance to economically weaker sections of society for medical treatment. The program was launched in 2007 and is implemented by the state government in partnership with private hospitals. The scheme's mission is to offer quality medical care to BPL families. The Government introduced this initiative to achieve the goal of "Health For All."
The scheme covers a wide range of medical treatments and procedures, including inpatient and outpatient care, diagnostic tests, and surgeries in a network of empaneled hospitals provided under the Aarogyasri Telangana Hospitals List. The Government pays the entire premium for the scheme.
List of linked Government Hospitals.
List of linked Private Hospitals.
The key features of the Aarogyasri scheme are:
- Equity of access to quality medical healthcare services.
- Demand-driven healthcare services
- Free transportation and food
- Cashless treatment
- Free follow-up services
- 24/7 availability
Here is a detail about the scheme statistics:
- Financial protection of up to ₹5 lakhs for BPL families is provided under the scheme.
- A total of 1672 packages are covered under the scheme.
- A total of 87.5 lakh families are covered under the scheme.
Coverage Under Aarogyasri Telangana Health Insurance
The Aarogyasri Telangana Health Insurance provides coverage against a range of treatments for various diseases and illnesses in the kidney, liver, heart, lung, pancreas, etc.
In addition, it includes treatments such as
- Cancer treatment
- Pediatric congenital malformations,
- Burns and post-burn contracture surgeries
- Cochlear implant surgery with auditory-verbal therapy for children under two years.
In addition, the scheme also covers coverage for follow-up services, such as consultation, investigation, etc., of up to one year. The beneficiaries can access the treatment using their Aarogyasri Card Telangana.
*Exclusions include high-end procedures such as *
- Gamma-knife procedures in neurosurgery
- Hip and knee replacements
- Bone marrow
- Cardiac and liver transplants
- Aided devices for cardiac failures.
In addition, diseases included in the national programs, such as malaria, tuberculosis, leprosy, infectious diseases, filaria, HIV/AIDS, gastroenteritis, and jaundice, are also excluded.
The scheme provides a total reimbursement of ₹1.50 lakhs per family, which can be utilised individually or collectively by family members. An additional sum of ₹50,000 is also provided as a buffer for expenses that may exceed the original sum.
Furthermore, the total cost of the cochlear implant surgery is fully covered by the Aarogyasri Health Care Trust. Including auditory-verbal therapy, the maximum coverage is ₹6.50 lakhs.
Aarogyasri Telangana Eligibility
The scheme is intended for members of families classified as Below Poverty Line (BPL), as listed and photographed in BPL ration cards and recorded in the database of the Civil Supplies Department. It is available for the following categories of people:
- Residents belonging to Telangana
- People referred by a medical practitioner from a private or Government hospital
How to Apply for Arogyasri in Telangana?
All eligible BPL families, as listed above, are automatically eligible for the Arogyasri benefits in Telangana. However, you will need to apply to receive the official Arogyasri Card that confirms your enrolment and allows you to avail of the scheme benefits.
Here is how to apply for Arogyasri card in Telangana:
- Go to the Aarogyasri Telangana website and select ‘New Enrolment’.
- Provide the necessary personal and family details as asked for in the enrolment form.
- Upload the necessary documents for identity, income and address proof.
- Submit the form. The application verification might take some time.
- Upon successful verification, the Arogyasri Card will be sent to your registered address. You can even download it online.
When applying for the card, you will be required to create a login ID and password. Keep it safe for future access.
How To Login Into The Aarogyasri Telangana?
To log in to the Aarogyasri Telangana website, follow these steps:
- Go to the official Aarogyasri Telangana website and look for the "Sign-in" button in the top right corner of the page.
- Enter your login credentials (Username and Password)
- Click on the "Login" button.
Benefits Of The Scheme
- Financial coverage to the weaker sections of society, including their families.
- Many diseases and treatments are covered under the scheme.
- The beneficiaries can avail of the best quality healthcare services.
- The Government pays the premium for the scheme.
All transactions for covered procedures are cashless, meaning that BPL beneficiaries can receive treatment without having to make any payments to the hospital. It applies even for diagnostic procedures if the patient does not ultimately require surgery or therapy.
Hospitals must conduct free health camps, bringing advanced evaluations to patients' doorsteps. Help desks staffed by Aarogyamitras are provided at all Primary Health Centers, Area or District Hospitals, and Network Hospitals to assist illiterate patients. Field staff, including Network Arogyamitra, are recruited through district collectors on an outsourcing basis.
Having a medical insurance plan is crucial for ensuring access to quality healthcare. It can help protect individuals and families from the financial burden of unexpected medical expenses. It can also provide peace of mind, knowing that you and your loved ones are covered in case of an illness or injury. Benefits of health insurance can also provide access to preventative care and early detection of health issues, leading to better outcomes and lower costs in the long run. Beneficiaries with a family history of serious illnesses or diseases who can afford an additional health insurance plan for increased benefits from private insurers can purchase another health insurance plan with designated features such as critical illness insurance. At Tata AIG, we provide affordable and customisable health insurance plans for different categories of people based on their affordability and needs. Individuals can utilise the online portal to compare and buy health insurance online.
The Aarogyasri scheme in Telangana offers a wide range of coverage for various diseases and treatments, including surgeries, cancer treatment, and prostheses. The scheme is specifically designed to assist members of Below Poverty Line (BPL) families and provide them with quality healthcare.
The scheme offers cashless transactions and free health camps, making it easy for patients to access the scheme's benefits. The scheme also provides access to Help Desks managed by AAROGYA MITHRAs to assist illiterate patients. Therefore, it is an important initiative that can help improve the overall health and well-being of the people of Telangana.
Disclaimer / TnC
Your policy is subjected to terms and conditions & inclusions and exclusions mentioned in your policy wording. Please go through the documents carefully.