Senior Citizen Health Insurance
Health Insurance For Senior Citizens
If you are looking for an excellent health insurance policy for individuals over 60 years of age, then our feature-laden Senior Citizen Insurance Plan is just the right plan for you.
Packed with several benefits and a pocket-friendly price, Tata AIG's Health Insurance for Senior Citizens encompasses covers for a wide range of health-related challenges, including those associated with age. Buy the Tata AIG Senior Citizen Health Insurance Plan now.
How To Care For Older Members of Your Family
Waiting Periods in Health Insurance - All You Need to Know
Key Highlights of Tata AIG's Health Insurance Plans for Senior Citizens
Our Health Insurance Plans for Senior Citizens offer you all the benefits of a Tata AIG health insurance plan. Here are the key highlights of the Tata AIG Health Insurance Plans for Senior Citizens.
- The assurance of a TATA promise
- Excellent health insurance coverage, starting at ₹15 per day*
- Access to Cashless Insurance at 7,200+ Network Hospitals
- 94.43 per cent Health Insurance Claim Settlement Ratio for FY 2020-2021
- 4.5/5 Customer Ratings
- Coverage for Pre-hospitalisation, Hospitalisation, and Post-Hospitalisation Expenses
- Coverage for Preventive Health Check-ups
- Coverage for Covid-19
- Tax* Benefits under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961
- Swift and hassle-free policy purchase and renewal process
What is Senior Citizen Health Insurance?
Every stage of life is filled with a unique set of challenges, and old age is no different. Ageing brings with it a wide gamut of illnesses, physical and mental alike, which can take a heavy toll on your finances. The importance of having an optimal medical insurance policy cannot be overstated, particularly when you are past the age of 60 years.
If you are looking for a health insurance policy for senior citizens, the Tata AIG Senior Citizen Health Insurance Policy is where your search stops. With excellent coverage for the expenses arising in the wake of pre-hospitalisation, hospitalisation, post-hospitalisation, preventive health check-ups, the treatment of pre-existing diseases, etc., this plan is a comprehensive health insurance solution for the elderly.
The minimum age of entry for the Tata AIG Senior Citizen Health Insurance Policy is 60 years. Since this plan has been specifically designed for senior citizens, no one below the age of 60 years can be a beneficiary of this plan. However, individuals who are younger than 60 years can purchase our Health Insurance Policy for Senior Citizens for their parents or parents-in-law.
The Tata AIG Senior Citizen Insurance Policy has no dearth of beneficial elements, such as:
- Access to a wide network of cashless hospitals across the nation
- The security of the trusted TATA promise
- Extensive health insurance coverage at feasible rates
- A Claim Settlement Ratio of 94.21 per cent
- Cover for Hospitalisation Expenses
- Cover for Ambulance Expenses
- Cover for Covid-19 related expenses
You can purchase the Tata AIG Senior Citizen Health Insurance Policy at our website and use our Health Insurance Premium Calculator to compute the premium of the plan in accordance with your age, medical condition, lifestyle habits, health insurance coverage requirements, and the tenure selected for the policy.
Why Do You Need Health Insurance Plans for Senior Citizens?
Health is wealth and something that must not be taken lightly or compromised with. The question 'why do senior citizens need specific health insurance plans?' has many answers, ranging from the simple to the complex. First and foremost, there can be no doubt about the fact that age is directly proportional to the occurrence of various diseases and inversely proportional to the immunity of one's body.
The aforementioned universal facts should suffice to prompt senior citizens to purchase an optimal health insurance policy for themselves or their family members to make this decision. Here are some reasons why health insurance for senior citizens is an absolute must-have:
1. Increased risk of various diseases and infections: It is no secret that with the passage of age, the human body becomes more vulnerable to several diseases, ranging from the common cold and joint pain to critical illnesses such as cancer, cardiovascular ailments, and cancer. Therefore, it is important to buy medical insurance for senior citizens and have some level of financial protection against any adverse health-related events.
2. Rapidly rising medical inflation: Medical inflation across the globe has been rising on average, and India is no exception to this disturbing trend. Whether it is a doctor's consultation or the cost of hospitalisation, any kind of medical treatment can have a substantial impact on your finances. With the assistance of a senior citizen mediclaim policy, though, a majority of medical expenses can be covered.
3. The necessity for periodical health check-ups: Even if old age treats you well and you do not need constant medical attention, it is still advisable to undergo periodical health check-ups to ensure that all your organs are in working order and that there is no cause for concern. A regular health check-up can be expensive, which is another reason for you to choose a mediclaim policy for senior citizens.
4. A shield for your savings: Imagine having your meticulously accumulated retirement fund be diluted by the expenses for the treatment of a critical illness or a medical condition that requires constant attention and care, for instance, diabetes and arthritis. It's not a scenario anyone should be faced with. You can easily protect the savings meant for your post-retirement years by purchasing a suitable senior citizen health insurance policy.
Features Of Tata AIG's Health Insurance Plans for Senior Citizens
The Tata AIG Health Insurance For Senior Citizens Plan has several features that make it one of the best health insurance plans for senior citizens. Here are the main features of our medical insurance for senior citizens.
1. Cashless Insurance: By selecting the Tata AIG senior citizen mediclaim policy, you can get access to cashless insurance at more than 7,200 hospitals across the country. With our widespread network of partner hospitals, you can get the required medical treatment and file an online health insurance claim to pass the worry of the payment of your hospitalisation bills to us.
2. A TATA Promise: One of the main reasons why you can trust our mediclaim for senior citizens is that it comes backed with the ever-reliable TATA promise. You can be assured of our consistent assistance during the policy purchase/renewal and claims processes.
3. Cover for Hospitalisation: The Tata AIG Senior Citizen Health Insurance Plan comprises a cover for hospitalisation, thereby enabling you to get the necessary medical care without having to worry about the expenses of hospital beds, Intensive Care Units, medicines, etc.
4. Extensive Coverage: In addition to a cover for hospitalisation expenses, our senior citizen health insurance plan also has several other important covers, including an ambulance cover, cover for pre-hospitalisation and post-hospitalisation expenses, cover for daycare procedures, AYUSH cover, and a cover for pre-existing diseases.
5. Covid-19 Cover: Keeping in mind the threat of the ongoing global pandemic, we have included a cover for Covid-19 in our health insurance for senior citizens.
6. Convenient Policy Purchase Process: At Tata AIG, we aim to make your health insurance experience as hassle-free as possible. This is why we have a swift policy purchase and renewal process as well as a customer-friendly claims process.
7. Paperless Policies: We only have one planet to call home, and the planet's health is as important as our own. Therefore, our policies are paperless and delivered to you in a digital format. This is one of the ways we can reduce our carbon footprint.
Benefits Of Buying Tata AIG's Health Insurance Plans for Senior Citizens
If you opt for Tata AIG's Health Insurance for Senior Citizens Plan, you will get several health insurance benefits. Some of the benefits of our senior citizen insurance plan are as follows:
1. Substantial Health Insurance Coverage: With the Tata AIG senior citizen mediclaim policy, you get substantial health insurance coverage, including covers for pre-existing diseases, hospitalisation expenses, pre and post-hospitalisation expenses, health check-ups, ambulance expenses, and Covid-19. Our health policy for senior citizens has been designed with meticulous care and consideration for the unique health insurance requirements of the elderly, thereby making it an excellent selection.
2. Wide Network of Partner Hospitals: One of the most useful benefits of selecting a Tata AIG Health Insurance For Senior Citizens Plan is that you get access to more than 7,200+ network hospitals across India where you can avail of cashless insurance. This means that you do not need to pay your daycare or hospitalisation bills. All you have to do is file a health insurance claim, and we will settle the bills for you.
3. Cumulative Bonus: For every policy year during which you do not file a health insurance claim on your senior citizen mediclaim policy, we shall increase the sum insured in the policy by 10 to 100 per cent. You do not have to pay any additional premium for this enhancement of the sum insured under our Cumulative Bonus benefit.
4. 24*7 Support: At Tata AIG, we are committed to providing you with the necessary support throughout your association with us. You can reach out to our support team via phone (1800-266-7780), WhatsApp (+91-9136160375), or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
5. High Claim Settlement Ratio: Our health insurance claim settlement ratio of 94.21 per cent for the financial year 2020-2021 is a testament to our commitment to customer satisfaction and ensuring a seamless claims process.
6. No Co-Pay: You can choose to remove the room rent limit in your Tata AIG health insurance plan for senior citizens. Our health policies allow you to select the hospital room of your choosing as long as its cost does not exceed the sum insured under the policy.
7. Tax Benefits: All senior citizens paying health insurance premiums are eligible for health insurance tax benefit deductions to the tune of ₹50,000 per annum under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961. What is more, is that if your children or spouse who are below the age of 60 years are paying this premium on your behalf, they can avail of this deduction on their income tax liability.
What's Covered By Tata AIG's Senior Citizen Health Insurance Plan?
Our Senior Citizen Health Insurance Policy comprises the following covers:
1. Cover for Hospitalisation Expenses: The Tata AIG Health Insurance Plan for Senior Citizens offers you coverage for the hospitalisation expenses arising out of accidents, pre-existing diseases, etc. With this cover, you can avail of cashless insurance or seek reimbursements for the cost of your hospitalisation bills, doctor's consultation fees, ICU charges, medicine bills, room rent, etc.
2. Cover for Daycare Procedures: With our mediclaim for senior citizens, you can get financial protection against more than 540+ daycare procedures. These are procedures that require you to stay in a hospital for a period not exceeding 24 hours.
3. Cover for Pre-hospitalisation and Post-hospitalisation Expenses: The coverage of our senior citizen health insurance plan is not limited to just hospitalisation expenses. We are mindful of the expenses that can accompany pre-hospitalisation and post-hospitalisation treatments.
Therefore, Tata AIG's Health Insurance For Senior Citizens comprises a cover for pre-hospitalisation expenses incurred 30 to 60 days before you are hospitalised. In addition to this, you also get coverage for post-hospitalisation expenses generated 60 to 90 days after your discharge from the hospital. These limits may vary from one plan to another, which is why you must check your policy documents carefully.
4. Cover for Pre-existing Diseases: Our health insurance plans include a cover for pre-existing illnesses, which is an excellent benefit, particularly if you have any such illnesses. However, this cover gets activated after a specific waiting period. It is advisable to check the waiting period for pre-existing illnesses before buying your senior citizen health insurance plan.
5. Cover for AYUSH Treatment: We recognise the importance of various doctrines of medical treatment, which is why our senior citizen health insurance plan has a cover for AYUSH treatments, that is, treatments under Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Sidha, or Homeopathy.
6. Cover for Covid-19: The dangerous and highly infectious virus that has wreaked havoc on lives across the globe over the past two years has changed the dimensions of health insurance. This is why we have incorporated a cover for Covid-19, namely the Tata AIG Corona Kavach Policy, into our health insurance plans.
What's Not Covered By Tata AIG's Senior Citizen Health Insurance Plan?
It is important to make a note of what is not covered under your Tata AIG Senior Citizen Health Insurance Plan. Here are the exclusions from our mediclaim for senior citizens.
Here are the medical exclusions from our senior citizen insurance plan:
- Plastic surgery or Cosmetic Surgery unless required as a part of the treatment for accident-induced injuries, cancer, or burns as advised by the attending Medical Practitioner.
- The cost of rehabilitation procedures, rest cure, sanitorium treatment, respite care, or long-term nursing care
- Preventive care, including vaccination and immunisation except when the vaccine is for post-bite treatments or specifically covered under the policy
- Hospitalisation for enteral feedings and other nutritional and electrolyte supplements except when it is certified by the attending Medical Practitioner as being required for a treatment covered under the plan
- The expenses for treatments that are experimental in nature and/or have not been approved yet, including Rotational Field Quantum Magnetic Resonance, External Counter Pulsation, and Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy.
Here are the non-medical exclusions from our senior citizen mediclaim policy:
The cost of diagnostics incurred at a hospital when such tests are not related to or required for a particular medical condition that necessitates hospitalisation
Items needed for personal comfort during hospitalisation, including access to a telephone, television, Internet, food, hygiene products, bath additives, cosmetics, etc., when they are specifically charged.
The charges for the treatment received from a Medical Practitioner that is outside the ambit of their medical discipline
The payment of the medical fees charged by a Medical Practitioner who:
- Is a resident of the same house as you, or
- Is related to you
It is advisable to study the policy wordings to check the full list of exclusions from your senior citizen mediclaim policy.
How To File a Claim for Your Tata AIG Senior Citizen Health Insurance Plan?
The claims process is an important aspect of any health insurance policy, and at Tata AIG, we have a streamlined and customer-friendly claims process. You can either get treated at one of our network hospitals and file a cashless claim or get medical treatment in a non-network hospital and submit a reimbursement claim. Either way, the process is swift, simple, and safe.
How To File a Cashless Claim For Treatment At a Tata AIG Network Hospital?
If you receive medical treatment at one of our network hospitals across the country, you can file a cashless claim under your Senior Citizen Health Insurance Policy. Here's the process to file a cashless claim under your senior citizen mediclaim policy.
Step 1: Send us your cashless insurance claim via email within 24 hours of being hospitalised. If you have a hospitalisation scheduled in advance, it is advisable to inform us before you get admitted to a hospital.
Step 2: After receiving your health insurance claim form, you will be issued a Claim Intimation/Reference Number, which you should retain for further correspondence regarding the claim.
Step 3: You must submit the following documents with your cashless claim.
- A copy of your health insurance plan
- Your insurance card
- Your photo identity proof and address proof
- A duly filled CKYC form in case the value of the claim is higher than ₹1 lakh
Step 4: Once we have received the above documents, we will issue an authorisation letter to the relevant network hospital and pay your hospital bill.
Step 5: All you have to worry about is your health and recovery!
How To File a Reimbursement Claim For Treatment at a Non-network Hospital?
If you choose to get medical treatment at a hospital that is not a part of our network of partner hospitals, you need to pay the hospitalisation bills yourself, then subsequently file a reimbursement claim with us. Here's the process to file a reimbursement claim under your mediclaim policy for senior citizens.
Step 1: Email your reimbursement claim form to us along with the following documents:
- A copy of your senior citizen health insurance plan
- A copy of your hospital discharge certificate
- The relevant pathological test reports
- A Medical Certificate signed by a registered Medical Practitioner
- The original hospital and pharmacy bills
- Duly filled CKYC form if the claim amount is in excess of ₹1 lakh
- Your NEFT details (for the reimbursement of the claim amount)
Step 2: Once we have received your health insurance reimbursement claim form with the necessary documents, we will verify the authenticity and applicability of all these documents.
Step 3: After the verification of the claim form and the supporting documents, we shall process your claim and transfer the amount to your bank account.
You can submit your Senior Citizen Health Insurance Claim at the claims page of our official website. It is advisable to check the timelines of the claims process by perusing the policy wordings.
What To Consider While Buying Health Insurance Policies for Senior Citizens
Every important decision in life must be taken after careful thought and consideration, and buying health insurance is no different. Before purchasing health insurance for senior citizens, you must consider the following significant factors:
1. Sum Insured: Since ageing enhances the risk of the occurrence of diseases and infections, your senior citizen health insurance plan must have an adequate sum insured. From preventive health check-ups to hospitalisation, from domiciliary treatment to the cost of medicines, your health insurance plan ought to be able to cover all your health-related expenses. Hence you must opt for a sufficient sum insured in your health insurance policy for senior citizens.
2. Maximum Age of Entry: Since health insurance for senior citizens often comes with a ceiling on the maximum age of entry, you must check whether you are eligible for subscribing to a specific plan before selecting it. It is, therefore, prudent to look for only those plans which allow entry at the age you are. This approach can help you save on time and effort.
3. Renewability: Not all health insurance plans can be renewed for a lifetime, which is why you must ascertain whether the plan you are selecting has the option of lifetime renewability. Plans with this feature are more convenient than ones that do not offer lifetime renewals since it is easier and cost-effective for you to renew the same plan and buy a new one.
4. Enhancement of Sum Insured: It is important to determine whether the senior citizen health insurance plan you are considering has the option of enhancement of sum insured at a later stage. This option can be available either in the form of the flexibility to choose a higher sum insured during policy renewal, an increase in the sum insured through a cumulative bonus, or both.
5. Waiting Period: Several covers in your senior citizen health insurance plan have specific waiting periods attached with them. You must read the policy wordings carefully to ascertain the activation timelines of various covers, such as the cover for pre-existing diseases, critical illnesses, etc.
6. Policy Inclusions and Exclusions: The extent of the coverage of any health insurance policy is determined by its inclusions as well as exclusions. It is, thus, advisable to check both of these components in the policy wordings before selecting a health insurance policy for senior citizens.
Frequently Asked Question
Why Is Health Insurance Important for Senior Citizens?
All of us require a suitable health insurance plan, and senior citizens are no exception to this. With the reduction of immunity with age, increased risk of the occurrence of diseases and infections, and the consistently rising cost of medical treatments, it is pivotal for senior citizens to have an optimal health insurance policy for senior citizens. Not only does buying such a plan provide them with substantial health insurance coverage, but it also helps them protect their savings from being drained by medical bills.
I am 65 years old. Am I eligible for Senior Citizen Health Insurance?
Yes, there are several health insurance plans that are specifically designed for senior citizens and, consequently, allow subscription to people above the age of 60 years. However, since the entry age varies from one senior citizen health insurance plan to another, it is advisable to check whether the plan you have selected allows for entry at the age of 65 years.
What Does a Pre-existing Condition Mean In Health Insurance?
In the context of health insurance, a pre-existing condition refers to a medical condition or ailment that you have prior to the purchase of a particular health insurance policy. A majority of health insurance plans have a waiting period for the cover for pre-existing conditions to get activated, during which time you cannot avail of health insurance for the specified pre-existing diseases. Therefore, you must check the policy wordings of a health insurance policy and gain clarity on the waiting period for pre-existing conditions.
*What Are The Various Covers Available Under Tata AIG's Senior Citizen Insurance Policy? *
The Tata AIG Health Policy for Senior Citizens offers extensive coverage, including the following covers.
- Hospitalisation Cover
- Pre-hospitalisation Cover
- Post-hospitalisation Cover
- Ambulance Cover
- AYUSH Cover
- Cover for Pre-existing Diseases Cover
- Cover for 540+ Daycare Procedures
- Covid-19 Cover
Does the Tata AIG Senior Citizen Health Insurance Plan Cover AYUSH Treatments?
Yes, the Tata AIG Health Insurance Plan for Senior Citizens comprises a cover for AYUSH treatments. You can file either a cashless claim or a reimbursement claim for the cost of said treatments.
Do I Get a Cover for Daycare Procedures in My Tata AIG Senior Citizen Health Insurance Plan?
Yes, the Tata AIG Senior Citizen Mediclaim Policy provides you with coverage for over 540 Daycare Procedures. If I Need Domiciliary Treatment, Will My Tata AIG Health Insurance Policy for Senior Citizens Cover The Cost? Yes, your Tata AIG Senior Citizen Health Insurance Plan covers the cost of domiciliary hospitalisation. However, the exact duration of domiciliary hospitalisation that is covered by the plan may vary depending on the extent of the coverage chosen by you.
What Are the Factors That Determine the Premium of a Senior Citizen Health Insurance Policy?
The premium for your senior citizen insurance plan is determined on the basis of several factors, which include:
- Your age
- Your medical history and that of your family,
- The existence of any pre-existing medical conditions
- The sum insured you opt for
- The tenure of the plan
Are the Premiums For Health Insurance Policies for Senior Citizens Higher Than Those For The Health Insurance Plans For People Below The Age of 60 Years?
Yes, the premium for a senior citizen mediclaim policy tends to be higher than the health insurance premium for people below the age of 60 years. Since age is an important factor in the computation of health insurance premiums and you become more vulnerable to health-related risks as you grow older, your health insurance premium is directly proportional to your age.
How Can I Check the Premium for Tata AIG's Senior Citizen Health Insurance Policy?
It is easy to check the premium of our senior citizen health insurance illness policy. You can do so by visiting our website and entering some personal information into our online health insurance premium calculator. This tool will provide you with an instant quote for your health insurance plan.
Can I Get Tax Benefits for the Health Insurance Premiums Paid Towards my Parents' Senior Citizen Health Insurance Plans?
Yes, absolutely. You can get a tax benefit for the premiums paid towards your parents' Senior Citizen Health Insurance Plan/s. Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961 has mandated a maximum tax deduction of ₹50,000 per annum for such premiums.
Furthermore, you can claim an additional tax deduction of ₹25,000 for the health insurance premium paid towards a policy covering yourself and/or your legally wedded spouse and/or your dependent children. And if you are above the age of 60 years, the ceiling of this deduction is ₹50,000.
How Can I Buy a Senior Citizen Health Insurance Plan from TATA AIG?
You can purchase the Tata AIG Senior Citizen Health Insurance Plan by visiting our website and selecting health insurance. Then you must follow the steps mentioned below.
- Select the persons you want to include in the coverage of the plan and click on 'Get Plan'.
- Enter the required personal information on the following page, including your mobile number and email address, and click on 'See Plan'.
- Select the Senior Citizen Health Insurance Plan and carefully study the various elements of the plan, including the coverage, benefits, etc.
- On the following page, enter the necessary details such as your age, lifestyle habits, pre-existing diseases, etc., and click on 'Get Quote'.
- If the above quote is feasible for you, make the payment online and complete the purchase process.
- Your health insurance policy for senior citizens shall be delivered to your email inbox.
How Can I File a Claim for My Tata AIG Senior Citizen Health Insurance Plan?
You can file a claim for your Tata AIG Senior Citizen Health Insurance Plan at the claims section of our website. The tool available thereon allows you to complete the entire claims process in a digital manner, including the submission of the required documents.
Whether you wish to file a cashless claim or a reimbursement claim, our claims process is swift, simple, and streamlined. You must keep the following documents handy while filing your health insurance claim online.
- Your photo identity proof and address proof
- A copy of your senior citizen health insurance plan
- Your insurance card
- A duly filled CKYC form if the amount of the claim is higher than ₹1 lakh.
If you are filing a reimbursement claim, you shall be required to submit some additional documents, including your original hospital and pharmacy bills and your NEFT details.
Can I Seek Support From Tata AIG to File My Health Insurance Claim?
Yes, you can reach out to our support team and seek assistance during any step of the claims process or the policy purchase/renewal process. Here's how you can connect with us:
📞: 1800-266-7780 💬: +91-9136160375 (WhatsApp) ✉️: email@example.com