Secure Your Travel With Our Travel Insurance Plan!
Travel Insurance (COVID - 19 Covered*)Let’s get you started on your travel insurance journey!
People travel for various reasons today - for studies, for work, or to have a memorable vacation with their friends and family.
However, a lot could go wrong on the way. Your passport could be stolen, you may miss a transit flight, and - if the worst comes to the worst - you may be physically injured in a foreign land where you don’t know anyone and medical costs could be high. Such scenarios can be scary; the wise thing to do would be to plan for them well in advance. That’s how the idea of travel insurance came about. A good comprehensive travel insurance plan can take care of things that can go wrong, leaving you to enjoy your trip, worry-free! We at Tata AIG are committed to making your travel absolutely hassle-free. To do that, we offer four comprehensive travel insurance plans - International Travel Insurance, Student Travel Insurance, Domestic Travel Insurance, and Senior Citizen Travel Insurance. You can choose a plan depending on your travel patterns and needs.
*Tata AIG offers coverage for medical expenses related to COVID – 19 when the insured is outside India. Policy T&C apply
We Have The Perfect Travel Insurance For You
We Have The Perfect Travel Insurace For You
International Travel Insurance
International Travel Insurance
This policy caters to international travellers and covers baggage or passport loss, flight cancellations/delays, loss of payment cards, medical expenditure (including transport back to India), and more. This is the standard travel coverage that we recommend for international travellers aged six and above. For frequent travelers, we recommend the multi-trip policy that will cover travelers for an entire year.
Domestic Travel Insurance
Domestic Travel Insurance
This policy takes care of travel emergencies within India. It covers travel reimbursement if your flight is delayed/cancelled as well as medical benefits such as reimbursement for hospitalisation. If you are a frequent traveler, we recommend the multi-trip policy that will cover you for an entire year of travel.
Student Travel Insurance
Student Travel Insurance
As the name implies, this policy is aimed at students aged 16-35 who wish to pursue higher education outside India. Under this policy, they get various unique benefits in addition to those covered by the standard Insyernationl Travel Insurance plan. For instance, students can claim reimbursement for a two-way compassionate visit that allows the insured person’s parents to visit them if they are ill or injured.
Senior Citizen Travel Insurance
Senior Citizen Travel Insurance
This policy is aimed at travellers who are 70 years and above. While the nature of medical coverage is similar to other health insurance policies, this plan offers additional coverage benefits for medical emergencies. Some of these benefits include dental coverage, emergency medical evacuation, and repatriation of remains.
What's Covered In Tata AIG Travel Insurance
Baggage Covers (Available for International Travel Insurance and Student Travel Insurance)
Tata AIG covers you for all the mishaps that can happen to your baggage and travel-related documents. This includes:
Baggage loss: If your Checked baggage gets lost in Theft or misdirection by the common carrier or also due to non-delivery at its destination, we will compensate you for your lost belongings. You will be compensated if your entire luggage is lost during transit. However, this is not applicable if your luggage is damaged or in case of a partial loss.
Baggage delay: In case there’s a delay or misdirection of your checked-in baggage by the airline, we will reimburse you the expense of necessary personal effects items so that you can continue with your trip smoothly.
Baggage handling is just one aspect of the all-round protection we provide. In case something goes wrong during your journey, you will be covered for the following situations:
Trip Delay: We will reimburse you additional expenses if your flight is delayed for more than 12 hours due to a covered hardship.
Bounced flight/hotel bookings: You will be compensated for any bounced flight and hotel bookings if they have been made in advance.
Lost passport: You will be reimbursed for the cost of obtaining a duplicate or a new passport if it is reported to the police within 24 hours of you realizing it was stolen. In all the above scenarios, you will be reimbursed as per your sum insured. Additionally, you are allowed:
In the case of the hijacking: You will be eligible for a distress allowance if insured’s common carrier has been hijacked
Fraudulent Charges: If payment card as specified in the schedule is lost or stolen, we will reimburse the unauthorized charges up to 12 / hours prior to the first reporting the event to the payment card issuer(s).
Home burglary: In case your house has been robbed while on your trip, we will repay you for any loss or damage caused to your home up to the benefit sum insured. No benefit is payable if the House is unoccupied for more than 90 days.
Personal Liability: Covers damages for claims legally filed on insured against property damage and medical expenses to others as a result of bodily injury caused by insured in an accident.
When it comes to medical emergencies, we have a healthy recovery plan for you:
Injuries during the trip: You will be compensated for the treatment of an injury, sickness, or dental treatment incurred during the trip, as long as they are not a part of the exclusions.
Compassionate visit: If you fall sick or get injured on your trip, a two-way ticket will be provided to a member of your family to visit you and stay at your bedside.
Interruption of study (under the Student Guard plan): If your studies have been interrupted due to your sickness or in case of the death of a family member, we will reimburse your tuition fees that have been paid to your educational institution.
Medical evacuation: If it has been judged that you need to be relocated to another location for better treatment (according to our medical panel), we will provide the appropriate means to evacuate you.
Accidental death: We will pay back 100% of the principal sum if the insured passes away while on the trip. We will also arrange for the repatriations of their remains back to their city of residence. Please bear in mind that you will be reimbursed as per the coverage of your policy; If you want to avail a higher compensation, you should opt for a higher Sum Insured.
These are just some of the many benefits you get with a standard Tata AIG Insternational Travel Guard plan.
To know about the entire range of benefits, refer to your policy document.
What's Not Covered
Baggage Exclusions (Available for International Travel Insurance and Student Travel Insurance)
Tata AIG works to ensure that your travel is as smooth as possible. However, under certain circumstances, we may not be able to help you with your claim.
While our comprehensive travel plans leave no scope for ambiguity in your protection, there are certain situations where the policy might not be applicable:
- Loss of baggage: Loss of baggage is not covered if the items were shipped separately or prior to your travel.
- If the policy does not cover the area of travel: For instance, the Student Guard plan will not be responsible for the loss of baggage within India.
- Unreported theft of belongings: If you have not reported the loss of your baggage, passport, or travel documents to the relevant authorities, you will not be able to make a claim on them.
There are a few scenarios that would reasonably keep your claim from being approved, such as:
- Involvement in illegal activities: If you have been involved in felony, deceit, violence, or other malicious acts, your claim might be rejected.
- Participation in adventure sports: If you have been involved in adventure sports such as skydiving, scuba diving, or mountain diving, the policy will not be in effect.
- Undertaking manual work: Undertaking any manual work that could potentially be dangerous to your health could disqualify you from being eligible to claim reimbursement.
Your request could be deemed invalid if:
- You’re not following doctor’s orders: If you are unwell and have travelled against the advice of your doctor, you will not be eligible for any reimbursement for medical aid.
- Pre-existing conditions: Any complications arising due to pre-existing health conditions are not covered.
- Self-inflicted injuries: Treatment due to self-inflicted injuries and suicide attempts will not be covered.
- You are pregnant or have any related condition: Any conditions arising due to your pregnancy, including birth control and surgical procedure, are not covered by the policy.
- Other exclusions: Claim made for sexually transmitted diseases, mental disorders, or injuries made under the influence of alcohol or drugs (that were not prescribed medically) will not be covered.
For a complete list of inclusions and exclusions, read the policy document carefully. We recommend you go through the policy wording before signing any insurance-related document.
Did Not Find What You Were Looking For?
Frequently Asked Question
Why do I need travel insurance?
You can never expect what might happen during a trip. While you might plan your best, you might have some unforeseen medical expenses or travel emergencies such as loss of baggage or flight delays. In such a case, travel insurance can help you mitigate the financial strain such an emergency can bring about.
How to claim travel insurance?
In case you ever need to make a claim, the process is simple and easy to follow. You can call us on our helpline number 1800-266-7780 or send an SMS to 5616181 to inform us about the situation and start your claim process. Alternatively, you can reach out to your insurance agent to file a claim.
However, the quickest way would be to make a claim online. Fill out the claim settlement form available on our website to register a claim by yourself. You can expect a response to your application within the next 24-48 hours.
- Please keep your policy number saved in a place where you can always access it. Without a policy number, we may not be able to process your claim.
- Make sure you save a copy of all relevant travel documents such as your flight and hotel bookings, passport and visa details, bank statements, etc. as you might be required to present them at the time of claim.
- Please coordinate with the customer service desk to expedite your claim settlement.
- Before making a claim, please check if you have all the documents that may be needed and verify whether the situation at hand isn’t listed in the exclusions. Your claim would only be entertained as per the inclusion clauses
- It may take us up to seven working days to process the claim and reimburse you, as long as we have received all the documents. Your patience is highly appreciated, and we hope you have a wonderful trip!
Do I get a free-look period?
A free-look period is only available in case of an annual or multi-trip policy. There is no free-look period for single trip insurance.