Travel Insurance Finland
Travel Insurance Finland
Get comprehensive coverage for your trip to Finland with the Tata AIG TravelGuard Policy.
If you are planning to visit Finland anytime soon, you will be mesmerised by its beauty! Cities like Oulu, Helsinki, Loviisa and Kitee are a few names that attract the attention of many tourists. Finland, to say the least, is one of the most beautiful destinations in the world.
And if you wish to go on a safe and secure trip to the land of the Finnish, it’s important to have the right tools in place! And in this regard, a travel insurance policy is advisable.
Travelling to Finland from India is not a big deal if you are prepared well. And here, we are not talking about booking the tickets on time or arranging for the accommodation. Rather, this is about getting the right travel insurance Finland plan before departure!
With Tata AIG, you can get some of the most affordable travel insurance plans for your Finland trip. And with the help of our online premium calculator, you can also calculate the premium prices online, go through the policy exclusions and inclusions, and then pick a plan that suits your needs the best.
Even our online policy buying, renewal, and claim processes are easy and hassle-free. With us, you can make a travel insurance claim in minutes and get the compensated amount upon approval.
Our travel insurance Finland policy will start at just ₹45.5 a day*.
Advantages of Buying a Travel Insurance Finland Plan
Our comprehensive travel insurance policy for Finland offers baggage coverage, journey coverage, third party coverage, flight cancellation and delay coverage, death and repatriation coverage, and much more. Here are a few benefits of opting for a travel insurance Finland plan with Tata AIG -
Flight delay/cancellation Cover
Personal Liability Cover
Assistance during the trip
Check-in Baggage Cover
Accident and Illness Cover
Choice of travel insurance plans, starting at ₹45.5 a day*
Automatic extension of your Finland travel insurance -
for up to 60 days or date of discharge, in the event of hospitalisation close to the expiry of the policy.
for upto 7 days in the event of flight delay from Finland & not alternative air transport is made available to the insured
Travel Insurance Finland from India
Travelling to Finland could be a dream come true for you. And in the recent past, Finland has seen an upsurge in travellers from India. Believe it or not, beholding the Northern Lights and taking a road trip in Finland can be truly mesmerising for every travel lover. And when it’s about travelling from India, one should always be mindful of potential emergencies that can come your way in a foreign country.
And in order to stay financially secure during your Finland trip, we suggest you opt for a Tata AIG travel insurance policy that’s specifically curated for your trip. And the best part? Well, the policies are absolutely affordable! So, if you have always thought that investing in a travel policy is unnecessary, we must tell you that it isn’t if you really understand the benefits of the same.
For entering Finland, a Schengen visa is required. And in order to get a Schengen visa from India, one needs to have a valid travel insurance policy in hand. With Tata AIG, you can purchase traveller insurance for your Finland trip from the comfort of your office or home. The online purchase, renewal and claim processes for our insurance plans are absolutely hassle-free and swift.
Major Benefits of a Tata AIG Travel Insurance Finland Plan
Here are some of the major benefits of having a Tata AIG Finland travel insurance policy:
COVID-19 Benefits : If you are still worried about the lurking threat of the coronavirus, know that with Tata AIG’s travel insurance policy, you can get coverage for every single treatment-related cost if you get affected with the virus and need to be hospitalised.
Medical Benefits: Your travel insurance Finland plan from Tata AIG offers coverage against hospitalisation expenses you may face during your stay in Finland. The plan also covers medical evacuation if you need to come back to India for treatment. Also, in case of accidental death of the insured, the repatriation costs will be taken care of by the policy.
Baggage Delay/Loss: Your travel insurance Finland policy will also provide extensive financial coverage against your baggage loss or delay during the trip. The lost or delay items in your baggage will be covered by the policy, subject to terms and conditions.
Journey Cover: At the onset of your the Finland travel or during your trip, if you happen to lose your passport, suffer losses due to flight delays, or cancelled flights and reservations that cannot be refunded, or need a policy extension in the face of an emergency, the journey cover offers coverage against these damages.
Travel Insurance Finland is Essential to Get a Schengen Visa
For visitors from third nations, it is essential to get a Schengen visa to be able to travel to Finland. And in order to get a Schengen visa from India, a travel insurance policy is mandatory as well. The visa will help you to move around Finland with ease. And for that, you need to have travel insurance for Finland with a minimum coverage amount of €30,000.
So, once you visit the Embassy to opt for a Schengen visa from India for your Finland trip, you will be required to show a valid travel insurance plan. Therefore, you could opt for one from Tata AIG prior to your trip to Finland.
Also, as mentioned above, apart from obtaining a visa for your Finland travel, a travel insurance Finland plan will also be useful for you in case of an illness or accident. Also, if you are travelling with children and other family members, you can opt for a family travel insurance from Tata AIG. This plan will keep every member of your family financially secure during the trip, and also, you will be able to receive extensive coverage in just a single premium payment.
Travelling to Finland from India – Visa Information
Schengen visa for a Finland trip is required for every traveller from India. This will be a short stay visa which will be valid for 90 days. You will have to get in touch with the Finnish Embassy in India in order to be able to get a Finland visa in hand.
Here is what you need to do -
- First, you will have to visit the nearest Embassy to apply for the Finland Schengen visa.
- You will get a visa application form that you will need to fill up accurately with all the details.
- After filling up the form, you will be asked to submit a few essential supporting documents along with the form.
- You can make the visa application payment online and submit the duly filled visa application at the Embassy of Finland.
- Once the Embassy approves your visa, they will notify you through an email.
- You will be given a date and time to pick up your passport and your visa from the Finland Embassy.
Finland Visa Requirements from India – Documents Needed
Here is a list of all the documents that you need to provide to the Finland Embassy in order to get a valid Schengen visa for your Finland trip –
- A duly filled visa application form
- Passport size photographs of the travellers(s) that’s not more than 6 months old.
- A negative RT-PCR text report, stating that you haven’t contracted the virus. The report should not be more than 72 hours old.
- A recent bank statement as proof of funds during the Finland trip.
- A copy of a valid travel insurance Finland plan.
- Round-trip tickets to Finland.
- Accommodation proof in Finland.
- Current employment details.
- Income Tax Return of the past 3 years.
The Indian Embassy in Finland
In case of any emergency during your stay in Finland, you can get help from the Indian Embassy in Finland. Below are all the details regarding the same. It’s prudent to keep their address and number handy while touring in the country –
|Embassy||Address||Ph.one Number||Working H.ours|
|The Embassy of India||Kulosaarentie 32, 00570 Helsinki, Finland||358 (0)9 228 99 10||Monday–Friday (8:30 AM–5:00 PM)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
Finland Trip: Safety and Travel Tips
Here are a few safety tips that will surely help you during your stay in Finland –
- Keep your passport safe with you at all times.
- You can drink tap water in Finland as it’s very clean and hygienic. And several past studies have also shown that it is as pure as bottled water.
- Always treat the locals with respect. Wear a smile whenever you come across a local.
- Do not litter as Finland is extremely beautiful, and littering is punishable.
- Do not be a part of protests.
- Always keep a tab on the local news channels and travel advisories by the Finnish government.
- Take local transport to move around as it will give you the sense of being a part of the Finnish culture.
Safety Tips for COVID-19
Beware of the ruthlessness of the pandemic and follow all the COVID-19 rules while travelling in Finland.
- If you are surrounded by people, do not forget to cover your mouth and nose with a surgical mask.
- As far as possible, always keep some distance from others in public places.
- Wash your hands frequently and use hand sanitisers.
- Stay hydrated, eat well, and watch out for any COVID-19 related symptoms. Self-isolate immediately and get checked if you see any symptoms.
- Follow all the local COVID-19 rules and regulations.
Your travel insurance Finland policy from Tata AIG will offer extensive coverage against COVID-19-related treatment costs if you are hospitalised.
A Few Major International Airports in Finland
- Tampere Pirkkala Airport
- Oulu Airport
- Joensuu Airport
- Kruunupyy Airport
- Helsinki vantaa Airport
- Kuopio Airport
Currency and Foreign Exchange
The markka was the original monetary unit of Finland until February 2012; currently, the Euro is the only official currency of Finland. Though a lot of international debit and credit cards are widely used in Finland, the economy also functions on cash. Since the exchange rates from INR to € fluctuate quite regularly, it is advisable to check the present exchange rates before you plan your trip to Finland and also before purchasing your travel insurance plan.
You can find the exchange rates from INR to EURO here - https://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?
A Few Things to Experience When in Finland
Finland is a dreamy destination. And once you book your tickets for Finland, you need to create a bucket list of all the things you would like to experience there. To make it easier for you, we have curated a simple listicle with some of the must-do things in Finland. Read below!
- Behold the Northern Lights
Finland will offer you the best view of the Aurora Borealis, normally known as the Northern Lights, even better than Iceland. The beauty of Lapland will mesmerise you, to say the least. Hence, you should book your tickets during the time when you would be able to get a clear glimpse of the Northern Lights.
- Be a Part of the Wildernes
Each season in Finland is unique. It will offer you a special experience no matter when you are planning your trip there. From snow-covered frozen lakes, reindeers, pine trees, and rustic homes in the winter, Finland is a perfect Christmas destination!
- Relish the Local Culture
If you wish to experience your trip to Finland like a local, try to be a part of its Savonlinna Opera Festival. This one is hosted on the covered patio of the Olavinlinna Castle. It takes place from June to August. Here, you will also get to experience the delectable local cuisines as well.
Best Time to Visit Finland
The months between May to August are ideally the best time to make a trip to Finland from India. The weather during these months is absolutely comfortable, without too many chills! Also, the local festivities will make you feel at home, and you will come back with loads of experiences.
All the information mentioned above is well-researched and sourced from reliable sources. Since this information is subject to change, it is advisable to check the latest travel guidelines and other location-specific information before planning a trip to any location.
*Subject to change based on the nature and extent of the coverage.
Frequently Asked Question
1. Is a visa necessary for Indian travellers to Finland?
Yes. Every Indian traveller to Finland needs to have a valid Schengen visa in place.
2. With a Schengen tourist visa, how long will I be able to stay in Finland?
The Schengen tourist visa for Finland is valid for 90 days. So, you will be able to stay there for a maximum of 90 days.
3. How much does a Finland travel insurance cost from India?
The price of your Finland visa from India will depend upon the types of coverage you will choose. With Tata AIG, however, you can get most of the policy inclusions at a very affordable price.
4. How to buy a Finland travel insurance from India?
With Tata AIG, the process is simple.
- Visit Tata AIG’s official website and go to the travel insurance page.
- You can pick a travel insurance policy with the coverage options that you need.
- Fill in your personal information and make the online payment for the insurance plan.
That’s it! Your chosen travel insurance Finland plan will be sent to your registered email ID.
5. How early should I buy a Finland travel insurance?
You should purchase your Finland travel insurance at least a few days before your visit to the country. The main reason for doing so are the currency exchange rates which will help you determine the most suitable premium rates and coverage for your travel insurance plan. If you purchase your policy closer to the date of departure, you can enjoy the policy coverage as per the duration of your trip.
6. Can my travel insurance policy help me if I need to extend my stay in Finland due to an emergency?
Yes, in case of a medical emergency leading to hospitalisation, your travel insurance plan can be automatically extended by up to 60 days or until you are discharged. Moreover, if your flight from Finland is delayed or cancelled, an automatic policy extension of 7 days will be granted.
7. What can I do if my trip needs to be cancelled due to an emergency?
Your Tata AIG Finland travel insurance plan has a provision where you can be covered against losses resulting from trip cancellations that includes flight bookings and accommodation reservations that cannot be refunded.