Travel Insurance Mexico
Travel Insurance Mexico
No matter whether you are planning a trip to Mexico for the first time or you have been there before, the country will have something new and amazing to offer you every time! Mexico is a rich amalgamation of food, fun, and culture, and hence, a trip to this beautiful country could be truly relaxing for you and your co-travellers.
From palm-fringed beaches, colourful festivals to ancient ruins, Mexico is beautiful in its way. Also, if you are a foodie, the Mexican cuisine can become your top favourite as soon as you taste it upon arrival! Due to all these reasons, Mexico is a very popular international travel destination for Indians. And this could be just the right time for you to plan a trip to this picturesque country.
However, before you start building a travel itinerary for your Mexican trip, it’s also important to safeguard your finances during the trip. And in this regard, a travel insurance plan can help you greatly. During your travel from India to Mexico, you may face several trip-related emergencies. You may miss your flights, lose your luggage or passport, get sick or meet with an accident. And in such cases, to keep your pockets safe, you must have a robust overseas travel insurance policy.
You can indeed go for a budget trip to Mexico. However, coping with sudden financial emergencies could be tricky if you do not have the necessary support. So, do you need travel insurance for Mexico? Even though it’s not mandated by the Mexican government to have a valid travel policy for the tourists, it’s advisable to have one if you wish to make your trip safe and secure.
At Tata AIG, we have the most affordable overseas travel insurance policies. Hence, your search for cheap travel insurance to Mexico may end with us! We offer the best travel insurance for Mexico from India with the right coverage options. Our travel policies offer maximum financial protection. So, when you opt for our travel medical insurance Mexico plan, you will not have to worry about breaking the bank!
Also, at Tata AIG’s online website, you can purchase, renew or make an insurance claim in the most hassle-free manner. To claim travel insurance policy online with us, you just need to spare a few minutes, and your compensated money will reach your account in no time. Also, our Mexico travel medical quotes start from as low as only ₹40.82 per day*.
Major Benefits of Buying a Travel Medical Insurance Mexico Plan
Your trip to Mexico would be exciting. It is also one of the must-visit countries globally, so you shouldn’t miss your chance to be there! However, it’s normal for first-time travellers to have some cold feet. So, if you are feeling anxious, it’s natural because you will not know what you can expect there. You may lose your luggage, meet with an accident, get sick, need hospitalisation due to COVID-19, miss a flight, etc. But with a valid travel insurance
Mexico policy in hand, you will not have to worry about your money!
Here are some of the major benefits of having a travel insurance for Mexico policy with Tata AIG -
- Local journey assistance
- Trip delay and passport loss cover
- Coverage for loss or delay of luggage
- Cover against personal liabilities
- Cover against accidents, illnesses, and COVID-19 care to the tune of $5,00,000
- Cover against medical emergencies due to Accident & Sickness, including the treatment of Covid-19 during the trip, if hospitalised
- With Tata AIG, buy the most suitable travel medical insurance Mexico in a hassle-free and fast way
- Affordable and the best travel insurance for Mexico from India starting at just ₹40.82 per day*
- Automatic extension of your overseas travel insurance from India plan for up to 60 days or date of discharge, whichever is lesser in the event of hospitalisation close to the expiry date of the insurance plan
- Automatic 7-day extension of your travel insurance Mexico plan due to the cancellation or delay of your flight back to India
Travel Medical Insurance Mexico from India
While planning a trip to Mexico, it’s always better to be prepared well in advance. Mexico is undoubtedly a beautiful nation, and quite naturally, it’s regarded as one of the must-see places worldwide. Due to this, the country welcomes travellers from all parts of the world throughout the year. However, pickpocketing and fraud are common scenarios that travellers face when in Mexico. And to safeguard your finances during such a mishap, it’s better to have a travel insurance plan in hand!
Such a travel policy will ensure the total security of your trip. And therefore, you will be able to come back home with nothing but beautiful travel memories! But for your first trip to Mexico, you will never be able to gauge what may come your way. Hence, opting for travel insurance for Mexico policy would be prudent!
A travel insurance Mexico policy will offer you the right kind of financial protection you would need in an unknown country, amidst unknown people and culture. Mexican people are cooperative, but you will not know whom to ask for help in case of an accident. But with the best travel insurance for Mexico, you can keep your financial tensions at bay! Our overseas travel insurance for Mexico from India will cover all major medical emergencies and the treatment costs you may face during the trip. Also, if you lose your essentials or passport, your valid travel insurance for Mexico will compensate for the same.
At Tata AIG, you can buy travel insurance for Mexico online from the comfort of your home or office to cover a wide range of adversities that may arise during the trip. Hence, if your tickets are booked for magnificent Mexico, it’s just the right time to apply for a Tata AIG travel insurance Mexico plan with us today!
Why Do You Need Travel Insurance Mexico from India?
Planning everything thoroughly for your trip to Mexico is essential to ensure the absolute safety of the trip. However, even when you think that you are fully prepared, you may come across certain incidents during the trip that may leave you anxious and sad. Also, with the ongoing threat of the Covid-19 pandemic, it’s always better to be safe than sorry.
Therefore, it’s advisable to check the travel advisory by the Mexican government before travelling to this nation. Also, taking every necessary precautionary measure to avoid several unforeseen events while on your trip is important. But, as discussed before, falling prey to medical adversities may leave you helpless. You may fall sick, meet with an accident or get Covid-19. And in such a situation, you will not know where to seek medical assistance on your own. This is one of the most important reasons for choosing a suitable travel medical insurance Mexico policy from India.
However, while picking the travel insurance plan for Mexico online, you should go through the various options of travel medical insurance Mexico plans online to choose the right one for yourself. Always go through the different travel insurance Mexico quotes online and buy the best travel insurance for Mexico. At Tata AIG, we have cheap travel insurance Mexico policies with extensive coverage options. Your chosen insurance policy should include medical assistance, baggage-related coverage, extension coverage, flight cancellation insurance, repatriation coverage, etc.
With the Tata AIG travel insurance Mexico policy, you can also get several other features. You can also opt for our family travel insurance plan that can offer the necessary financial support to you and your family during your international trip to this beautiful nation.
Benefits offered by the Tata AIG travel insurance Mexico policy
With a valid Tata AIG travel insurance Mexico plan in hand, you can avail yourself of travel insurance plan-related coverage benefits. Some of them are listed below:
1. Luggage Cover - If during the trip to Mexico, you lose your baggage or if your luggage gets delayed at the airport, the Tata AIG baggage cover can provide unmatched assistance to you. Under this cover included in our travel insurance Mexico plan, you can seek reimbursement for the cost of all the items in your check-in luggage up to the limit mentioned in the policy documents.
2. Journey Cover - With the Tata AIG travel insurance plan for Mexico, you can get complete coverage for your international trip to Mexico. It will include financial protection against the loss of your passport, the delay or cancellation of your flights, cancellation of your hotel bookings, etc.
3. Medical Coverage - The Tata AIG international travel insurance plan is specifically designed to offer much-needed coverage during any kind of illness or accident during the trip. If you fall sick or meet with an accident that requires you to get hospitalised, the medical coverage will have you covered. The best part is that you will also get coverage against any Covid-19 related medical expenses if hospitalised during the trip.
4. Miscellaneous Benefits
Travel insurance Mexico plans start at an affordable rate of ₹40.82 per day*. Your travel insurance for Mexico online through Tata AIG’s website comes with no requirements of a thorough medical check-up.
Ease of paying the travel insurance plan premiums in Indian National Rupees and receiving the travel insurance Mexico coverage in Mexico.
Mexico Visa and Entry Information
Visa Information for Mexico
Foreign nationals need to have a valid Mexican visa in place to be able to enter the country. However, there are 68 countries that the Mexican government exempts from acquiring a visa to enter the country and residents from these countries can go for the Electronic Authorisation System. India doesn’t belong to these 68 nations, and hence, a visa is mandatory for Indian travellers to Mexico.
There are 3 different types of Mexican visas available for the Indians. So, according to the purpose of your visit, you may apply for one of them.
1. Mexico Temporary Visa: This visa is issued to those who aim to move to Mexico for more than 6 months but less than 4 years. This type can be further divided into three categories -
a. Mexico Student Visa
b. Mexico Work Visa
c. Mexico Family Visa
2. Mexico Tourist Visa: With this visa, one can stay in Mexico for a maximum of 180 days. So, even if you need to visit Mexico for business purposes, you may apply for this visa type.
3. Mexico Permanent Resident Visa: Those who wish to live in Mexico permanently should apply for this visa type.
Documents Required for a Mexican Visa
Here are the necessary documents that you will need to submit to get a valid Mexican visa –
- A duly filled Mexico Visa Application Form
- A valid Indian passport and a photocopy of the passport
- Passport-size photographs of the traveller
- Confirmed return travel tickets
- Proof of sufficient finances
- Proof of accommodation in Mexico
- Employment status documents of the travellers
- Cover letter from the Indian employer in case of a business-related trip
- Applicable Mexico visa fees
- Any additional documents related to the purpose of your travel
Process of Application for a Mexican Visa
Indians can apply for a Mexican visa by following the below-mentioned steps
- Arrange all the necessary documents that are relevant for the visa type an Indian traveller is applying for.
- Next, the traveller needs to book an appointment with the Mexican Embassy.
- The applicant needs to pay the necessary visa fees online and it needs to be done before submitting the necessary documents online and after booking an appointment with the embassy.
- Once the appointment is booked on MEXITEL, the applicant will receive a confirmation on their email ID. This appointment confirmation letter should be carried along with the other relevant documents and the visa payment receipt to the embassy.
- Once the visa is approved, it will take two working days to get it processed. The applicant then needs to collect their passport from the embassy in person.
Mexican Embassy Details in India
|Embassy of Mexico
|C-8 Benito Juarez Marg, Block C, Anand Niketan, New Delhi - 110021
|+91 (11) 2411 7180
|Monday to Friday – 9 AM to 6 PM
Mexico Trip: Safety and Precautionary Measures to Be Undertaken
Once you are in Mexico, do follow the local rules and guidelines set by the government for the tourists. Here are some of the general safety measures for your Mexican trip that you need to keep a track of -
- Always keep your passport safe and with you.
- Do not unnecessarily participate in any demonstrations.
- If you find yourself amid large local gatherings or protests, quickly take shelter in a safe place nearby.
- Keep your belongings and pockets safe, as pickpocketing is pretty common in Mexico.
- Keep following the local news channels and adjust your travel itinerary accordingly.
- Respect the local laws and regulations posed by the Mexican government and authorities.
- Do not be a part of any unlawful activities or violate the dignity of public places.
- Do not travel to any remote places without proper knowledge about the same. Take help from local authorities always.
- Always use official and legal means of transport.
- Be mindful of your visa validity in Mexico and ensure that you do not overstay in the country without a valid visa.
- Protect your luggage, passport, and other belongings, especially in crowded spaces and tourist spots.
- Opt for the best travel insurance for Mexico policy with Tata AIG to avail yourself of maximum financial protection during your journey. You should also compare the options online before choosing one.
Covid-19-specific Safety Guidelines
- Stay away from other and always cover your nose and mouth with a mask, especially in crowded places or while using public transport.
- Do not forget to maintain social distancing.
- Cooperate with the local Mexican government and other designated authorities, and follow the Covid-19 guidelines.
- Monitor yourself for any Covid-19 symptoms. Self-isolate and get tested in case you develop any of the symptoms.
If you have the right travel insurance Mexico plan in place, you will not have to worry about the financial hassles if you contract the Covid-19 virus during your trip to and from Mexico.
The Indian Embassy in Mexico
In case of any emergency during your trip to Mexico, you can contact the Indian embassy in Mexico.
|Embassy of India, Mexico City
|Musset 325, Col. Polanco, Mexico City - 11550
|Monday to Friday – 9.00 AM to 5.30 PM
A Few Major International Airports in Mexico
- Cancun Airport
- Benito Juarez Airport
- Miguel Hidalgo Y Costilla Guadalajara Airport
- Los Cabos International Airport
- General Abelardo L. Rodriguez International Airport
Currency and Foreign Exchange
The official currency of Mexico is the Mexican Peso. The current exchange rate of the Mexican Peso can be checked here - https://themoneyconverter.com/MXN/Exchange_Rates_For_mexican_peso.
Mexican Tourist Places
If you are having a hard time curating an itinerary for Mexico, we are here to share the load. We have done the homework right and have come up with a listicle to make it easier for you to enjoy your Mexican trip. Keep reading below –
1. Museo Frida Kahlo
If you like Frida Kahlo and are fascinated by her works, you need to visit this museum in Mexico. She is one of the most famous artists in the country, and hence, this is one of the must-visit places in Mexico. Museo Frida Kahlo is also known as the “La Casa Azul”. The locals often call it the Blue House.
2. Palacio Nacional
If you are fond of history and wish to glimpse Mexican history, then this could be your next stop in Mexico. This is a picturesque building that’s also stunningly ornate. And it also showcases murals made by Diego Rivera, the husband of Frida Kahlo. If you wish to get a depiction of the chapter of Mexican history, you need to see these murals painted between 1929 and 1951.
3. The Day of the Dead
If you can visit Mexico during this festival, you will be able to witness a unique local celebration. The Day of the Dead is one of the country’s most famous festivals to attend and is also one of the top things to do there. Locally known as dia de Los Muertos, it celebrates the living and the dead. The festival is a very important part of the Mexican culture. Here offerings are made to the deceased by the locals.
4. Chichen Itza
This is another place in Mexico that you shouldn’t miss out on visiting! It is a place that should be there on your itinerary. Considered to be one of the largest archaeological cities and a World Heritage Site, Chichen Itza became famous in 1988. You can visit this place from Cancun during a day trip. However, if you plan to stay overnight, you can visit the place in the morning. It is open from 8 AM until 5 PM.
Best Time to Visit Mexico
The months from December to April are the best time to visit Mexico. This is the dry season in Mexico, and hence, you will not have to worry about experiencing sudden rains. However, if you get the best out of your visit to Mexico, book your tickets for December or February.
Now that you have all the necessary information related to your Mexican vacation, it’s time for you to opt for the best travel insurance for Mexico policy to protect your trip financially. And with our wide range of overseas travel insurance plans online, you can expect the best coverage at just ₹40.82 per day*
You can find the best travel insurance Mexico policies from India on the official Tata AIG website. Happy travelling!
All the information mentioned above is well-researched and sourced from reliable sources. Since this information is subject to change, it is advisable to check the latest travel guidelines and other location-specific information before planning a trip to any location.
*Subject to change based on the nature and extent of the coverage.
Disclaimer / TnC
Your policy is subjected to terms and conditions & inclusions and exclusions mentioned in your policy wording. Please go through the documents carefully.
How to buy a travel insurance Mexico plan?
How to buy a travel insurance Mexico plan?
If you are looking for a travel insurance Mexico policy, you can visit the online Tata AIG’s website and select the overseas travel insurance under our products section. Fill in the required personal information, then select the coverage plans you wish to have in your insurance policy. You can also add a few additional covers to your travel insurance plan for Mexico with us, including the following.
- Medical coverage
- Baggage coverage
- Journey coverage
Once you have opted for the right coverage options on your travel insurance Mexico plan, you can make the payment online and complete the purchase of the insurance policy. We shall deliver the policy documents to your registered email ID.
How much should I pay for a travel insurance Mexico plan?
The premium payment for your travel insurance Mexico plan will be determined by several important factors, including the duration of your stay and the sum insured you choose. It is, therefore, essential to select an appropriate sum assured to have sufficient coverage during your trip.
This becomes even more vital if you plan your trip with your family. With the Tata AIG travel insurance Mexico plans, you can benefit from excellent coverage at a price that won’t break your bank. You can determine the price of your travel insurance Mexico policy with our Travel Insurance Premium Calculator.
What are the exclusions in the travel insurance Mexico plan?
Some of the exclusions in an international travel medical insurance Mexico are loss of passport or delays due to detention or confiscation by the police or any other authorities, any loss due to threat to national security like riots, and non-medical expenses that you incur. Moreover, if a medical emergency is caused if you travel against the advice of your doctor and pre-existing disease-related emergencies will not be covered.
Does the travel insurance Mexico plan have a free-look period?
We offer a 15-day free look period on annual and multi-trip policies. But if you are purchasing a single trip policy for your trip to Mexico, no free look period is provided to you.
If there is a change in my travel dates to Mexico, can I make the changes to the travel dates mentioned in the policy?
Yes, you can change the travel dates mentioned in the policy before the commencement of your travel insurance plan, which is the same as your date of travel.
When will my travel insurance for Mexico from Tata AIG end?
For single trip policies for Mexico, the travel insurance plan will end as soon as your trip ends and you return your home in India. For multi-trip policies, you can check for the exact dates of its conclusion on your policy document.
I am immigrating to Mexico. Do I need a travel insurance plan?
Tata AIG provides a travel insurance plan for work, leisure, medical, and business purposes. You can also buy a travel insurance Mexico plan if you travel for education. If you are planning to migrate, the travel insurance plan will not be able to cover you.