Philippines Visa For Indians
Philippines Visa For Indians
Secure your trip to the Philippines with Tata AIG’s comprehensive and affordable travel insurance plan.
The Philippines has long been a popular tourist destination boasting of one of the best beaches in the world. An archipelago of over 7,600 islands in the Western Pacific Ocean, the Philippines consists of rice fields, surf spots, and endemic wildlife that is unparalleled in the world. It has something to offer to all kinds of travelers – adventure junkies, nature lovers, surfing enthusiasts, history buffs, children, and senior citizens. An ideal getaway for your family from India – the Philippines is a preferred destination for many Indians.
However, before you get all excited about your upcoming Philippines trip, make sure that you have all the required documents and paperwork to ensure a memorable experience. One of the most important documents is your Philippines Visa. You will not be allowed to enter the country unless you have a Philippines Visa for Indians. The good news is that you can now get a Philippines visa in a simple and hassle-free manner.
Apart from the visa, you also need to think about getting a travel insurance. When you buy an international travel insurance policy, you can enjoy your trip without having to worry about medical or non-medical emergencies. Tata AIG offers a comprehensive travel policy at affordable rates. We also offer a hassle-free claim settlement process to help you get your reimbursement in case of any emergency. Make sure that you compare travel insurance plans and choose the best one for your needs.
Philippines Tourist Visa For Indians
The Philippines archipelago offers a range of experiences to travelers making it a highly popular destination, especially among Indian travelers. However, to experience the magic of the 7600+ island archipelago, you need to apply for a visa. However, it is important to remember that there is no Philippines e Visa for Indian travelers. Fortunately, the offline process to apply for a visa to the Philippines is simple. You can opt for a single-entry for three months, multiple-entry for six months, multiple-entry for one year, and long duration stay visa based on your plans. Make sure that you understand the process and documents needed to get your visa in a hassle-free manner.
Philippines Visa For Indians –The Application Process
There is no Philippines visa on arrival for Indians. Hence, you need to apply for a visa before going on your trip. There are two ways in which you can apply for a Philippines visa. You can either apply in person or through a travel agency. Remember, the Philippines visa application process is offline and you will have to visit the embassy office for submission. Here is a quick look at the process:
- Visit the official website of the Embassy of The Philippines in India
- Download the visa application form for India
- Fill out the form and provide your recent photographs and the specified documents
- Submit the application at the embassy office in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, or Chennai
Typically, the processing time for a Philippines visa is around 10 days. Hence, make sure that you apply in advance.
Philippines visa requirements for Indian citizens living and working in foreign countries
You can also apply for a Philippines visa as an Indian living in another country by visiting the Philippines Embassy Office there. In fact, the Philippines government offers visa-free entry for 14 days to Indians living and/or working in one of the following countries:
- The USA
- The UK
- Schengen countries
Philippines Visa Types For Indians
If you are planning to travel to the Philippines for a temporary visit (non-immigrant), then you need to apply for one of the Section 9 visas. These include:
- Philippines Tourist Visa – These visas are ideal for people planning a short vacation in the Philippines. It is issued for a default period of 14 days and can be extended for an additional seven days.
- Philippines Business Visa – This is a short-term visa offered to people entering the Philippines for business or work. You will have to provide the relevant documents to ascertain the purpose of your visit and the duration of your stay.
- Philippines Temporary Religious Workers’ Visa – People going to the Philippines for religious work or as missionaries can apply for a temporary visitor’s visa under this category. You will need a letter from the inviting individual/entity.
- Philippines Seaman’s Visa – Philippines has a major port with hundreds of ships leaving its harbor every year. Seamen, from around the world work on these ships. If you have landed a job on a ship and need to board it from the Philippines, then you can apply for the Seaman’s visa.
- Philippines Transit Visa – If you are taking a short stopover in the Philippines not exceeding 72 hours, then you can apply for the Philippine Transit Visa.
- Philippines Student Visa – If you are planning to pursue an educational course in the Philippines, then you can opt for the Student Visa. The duration of the visa will depend on the duration of the course enrolled in.
Who Should Apply For A Philippines Visa For Indians?
Remember, the Philippines does not offer visas on arrival for Indian travelers. Therefore, you are required to apply for a Philippines visa before you reach the country. While Indian citizens living and/or working in the US, UK, Australia, Canada, Japan, Singapore, and any of the Schengen countries can get a 14-day visa-free entry into the country. However, make sure that you check with the local Philippines Embassy before embarking on your trip. While applying for a visa, it is important to consider the purpose and duration of your trip. Also, make a list of all the documents that you would need for the application process. Remember that you will not be able to get through immigration without your Philippines visa, so ensure you have the visa with you before boarding the flight.
*When Should One Apply For A Philippines Tourist Visa From India? *
You can apply for a Philippines visa offline only. Therefore, it is prudent to begin the application process well in advance. The processing time depends on the type of visa and your documents. If you are applying for a tourist visa and all your documents are in order, then you can expect the visa to arrive (if approved) within 10 days. However, the processing time can be different for different types of visas. Hence, make sure that you check with the Embassy before planning your trip.
Documents Required For Philippines Visa For Indians
Here is a detailed list of documents needed to apply for a Philippines visa:
- The completed and signed visa application form
- An Indian passport, valid for at least 6 months from the date of the commencement of your trip. Your passport must have a minimum of two blank pages for the Philippines visa stamp.
- Two colored passport-size photographs.
- A letter mentioning the purpose of your visit
- A bank account statement or credit card statement with a balance of a minimum of USD500
- Bank account statement for six months immediately preceding your date of travel
- For salaried professionals: Salary slips for three months immediately preceding your date of travel
- For self-employed professionals: registration documents of the business
- Flight tickets and hotel booking details
- Income Tax returns for the last three years
- Proof of the payment of your visa fees
Philippines Visa Cost For Indians
The Philippines visa cost for Indian travelers varies depending on the type of visa and the duration of your travel. These charges have been tabulated for your convenience.
|Type and duration of visa||Fees in ₹|
|9A Single Entry Valid for three months||₹3160|
|9A Multiple Entry Valid for six months||₹6320|
|9A Multiple Entry Valid for one year||₹9480|
|9B Transit Visa||₹3160|
|9F Student Visa||₹19750|
*The Philippines tourist visa cost for Indians varies depending on the Indian rupee and Philippine Peso conversion rate.
International Travel Insurance From Tata AIG For Philippines
Traveling exposes us to new experiences, sights, and cultures. Hence, most travelers try things that they have never done before. They step out of their comfort zones and attempt things that they have not done before. Also, to truly enjoy your vacation, it is important to be free of any worries. However, when you are in a foreign land, things can go wrong. Medical and non-medical emergencies can dent your finances and cause undue stress.
However, with the right travel insurance plan, you can get coverage for all travel-related emergencies during your trip. Imagine losing your baggage while taking a flight from one city to another in the Philippines. It can derail your plans and cause an unnecessary financial burden. However, when you opt for a travel insurance policy for the Philippines, you get approved compensation for the same. If you get injured or fall ill, then the policy offers compensation for treatment and hospitalization costs.
While it is not mandatory for travelers to have a travel medical insurance plan, it is recommended to have one to get coverage for medical and non-medical emergencies. This can help you feel secure no matter what situation you face. Tata AIG offers Philippines Travel Insurance plans to help you manage exigencies during your trip. We offer affordable plans that can help you get the protection you need. We offer a range of features and benefits that make us a top choice for most travelers.
Travelling To Philippines- Post-COVID Restrictions
From May 27, 2022, the Philippines Government eased its Covid restrictions for travelers. If you are fully vaccinated and have received the booster shot of an approved Covid-19 vaccine, then you don’t need a negative RT-PCR report.
However, if you have missed your vaccination or booster dose, then you must ensure that you have a negative RT-PCR report taken not more than 48 hours before you commence your travel.
Reasons For The Rejection Of Your Philippines Visa Application
The Philippines is a tourism-friendly country and approves visa applications without a lot of fuss. However, there are certain scenarios under which your Philippines visa application can be rejected as listed below:
- Incomplete application the information provided therein by you is incorrect (the primary reason behind most rejections)
- Violation of the rules and documentation process
- An expired or invalid passport
- If you are a proven immigration law offender
- If there are indications that you may use your visa incorrectly
Things To Know About Philippines
Traveling to a new country is an opportunity to explore different geographies, cultures, languages, and traditions. If you are planning a trip to the Philippines, then here are some interesting facts that you should know to make your trip more interesting and memorable:
- There are 7641 islands that constitute the Philippines archipelago
- The Philippines was the first Southeast Asian country to gain independence after the Second World War
- Spain has colonized the Philippines for over three centuries
- The USA colonized the country for 48 years after the Spanish occupation
- Filipino is the official language of the Philippines
- It is the world’s top supplier of nurses
- Locals are very passionate about boxing as a sport
- Most of the people in the Philippines are Christians
- It is the texting capital of the world with over 400 million text messages sent every day
- Jeepneys are the most common mode of public transport in the Philippines
- Tropical cyclones are common in the country and can come at any time
- The capital city of Manila has the highest population density in the world
- A volcanic eruption at Mt. Pinatubo in the Philippines created a sulfuric acid haze in the world for nearly two years
- The largest pearl in the world was found at Palawan in the Philippines
- Karaoke machines originated from the Philippines
- The national attire of the country – the Barong Tagalog is made from pineapple fiber
- Cock fighting is common in the country
- The Zambales Mango that grows naturally in Masinloc Zambales is the sweetest mango in the world
Places To See And Things To Do In Philippines
While we recommend travelers to create an itinerary of the places they want to visit and activities that they want to participate in, here is a quick list to help you get started:
- Take a boat ride along one of the world’s largest underground rivers at Puerto Princesa
- Spend an entire day island-hopping in this magical archipelago.
- Explore the historical city of Cebu
- Soak in the culture of Manila
- See Tarsiers and Chocolate Hills in Bohol
- Indulge in surfing, rock climbing, and cave exploration at Siargao Island
- Go scuba diving. The Philippines is one of the best destinations for exploring the marine world
- Visit the old town of Vigan. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, Vigan has a unique architectural design that is unparalleled anywhere in Southeast Asia
- Go for a sunset cruise
- Go firefly-watching in the jungle. Make sure that you have a guide with you.
- Take a Calauit Safari tour
- Indulge in a range of adventure sports
- Explore the local cuisine including the world-famous dish Adobo, Kinilaw, Kare-Kare, Halo Halo, and Ube Puto Cheese
Disclaimer / TnC
Your policy is subjected to terms and conditions & inclusions and exclusions mentioned in your policy wording. Please go through the documents carefully.
How Many Nations are Part of the Schengen Area?
How Many Nations are Part of the Schengen Area?
The Schengen Area presently has 26 nations, including France, Germany, Switzerland, Greece, Italy, and Switzerland.
How Many Categories of Schengen Visa are Available For Me to Choose From?
There are two major categories of Schengen Visa you can choose from, namely a Uniform Schengen Visa and a National Schengen Visa. Whilst the former is a short-stay visa, the latter is for a long-term stay in or permanent immigration to the Schengen Area. A Uniform Schengen Visa has the following subcategories.
- Category A Uniform Schengen Visa or Airport Transit Visa (valid for 24 hours or lower)
- Category C Uniform Schengen Visa or Short-stay Visa (valid for a stay of 90 days across a period of 180 days), available in the following variants:
- Single-entry Uniform Schengen Visa
- Double-entry Uniform Schengen Visa
- Multiple-entry Uniform Schengen Visa
I wish to visit the Schengen Area for a family trip lasting 15 days. Which category of Schengen Visa should I apply for?
If you wish to visit the Schengen Area for a short duration with the goal of tourism, you must apply for a Category C Uniform Schengen Visa. This visa is also referred to as a short-stay Schengen Visa and enables you to stay in the Schengen Area for a maximum period of 90 days across 180 days of the validity of the visa.
What is the present fee for Schengen Visa for Indian Nationals?
If you are an Indian national, the present fee you would be required to pay for the Schengen Visa is ₹7,088 (for adults). If there are children between the ages of 6 and 12 years in your travelling party, then the Schengen Visa for them would attract a fee of ₹5,310. This Schengen Visa fee is based on the latest exchange rate between the Euro and the Indian National Rupee and is subject to change based on fluctuations in the said exchange rate.
What is the 90/180 rule surrounding the Schengen Visa?
The 90/180 rule surrounding the Schengen Visa states that you can stay in the Schengen Area for a maximum duration of 90 days on a particular visa. This stay of 90 days can span across the 180 days of the validity of the visa. However, you will be allowed two or multiple entries into the Schengen Area only if you have a double-entry Schengen Visa or a Multiple-entry Schengen Visa, respectively.
Can I Apply for a Schengen Visa Online?
Yes, you can apply for a Schengen Visa online. You can do so by following one of the following methods.
- Visit the official website of the Indian embassy or consulate of the Schengen Area nation you wish to visit.
- Visit the official website of the Schengen Area and apply for a Schengen Visa there.
What is the Latest Time for Applying to a Schengen Visa?
The latest time for applying for a Schengen Visa is fifteen days before your intended date of travelling to the Schengen Area. However, it is advisable to apply for your Schengen Visa well in advance so as to not have your travel plans be derailed by any potential procedural delays in the visa application and screening process.
Can I Seek an Extension on My Schengen Visa?
It is extremely difficult to get an extension on your Schengen Visa, particularly if you have exhausted the number of days of permissible stay in the Schengen Area mentioned in the visa. However, if you apply for an extension whilst the visa is still valid, and you still have some days left to legally stay in the Schengen Area, you may get an extension to your visa in case of:
- Force Majeure
- Humanitarian Reasons
- Important Personal Reasons
Is It Mandatory To Have a Schengen Insurance Plan?
Yes, it is mandatory to have a Schengen Travel Insurance Plan in order to apply for a Schengen Visa. You must have a valid Schengen Medical Travel Insurance cover of at least €30,000, and this cover should include the cost of medical treatment and repatriation.
How Can I Buy Tata AIG's Schengen Insurance Plan?
You can purchase Tata AIG's Schengen Travel Insurance Plan by visiting our official website. After studying the features of the plan and adding the number of people you wish to bring under the ambit of the coverage, you can make the premium payment online and have the policy document instantly delivered to your email address and WhatsApp inbox.