Travel Insurance For Dubai From India
Travel Insurance for Dubai
Travel insurance for Dubai from India is one plan you must consider buying before you travel to the Middle East. Located in the Arabian Gulf, Dubai is one of the largest cosmopolitan cities in the world, one that is widely renowned for its hospitality and tourism. The city is home to people from over 200 nations and is a true confluence of cultures, trade, and leisure. Adorned with idyllic beaches and international landmarks, Dubai effortlessly combines old-world charm with modern luxury.
Travel Insurance Dubai
From beach lovers to desert admirers, there is something for everyone who visits this traditional yet distinctly advanced centre of civilisation. Visiting Dubai should be on your bucket list, and you should secure this unique experience with travel insurance in Dubai.
The key benefits of a travel insurance Dubai plan
- Travel assistance
- Cover for accident and illness
- Cover against personal liability
- Hijack cover
- Assistance in the event of the loss or delay of baggage
- Automatic extension of your travel insurance Dubai plan
Travel Insurance for Dubai from India
It is of utmost importance to have thorough planning for your trip to ensure that you can enjoy the experience in a hassle-free manner. However, even the best-laid plans are susceptible to change, particularly in the wake of unanticipated events, such as the recent travel disruptions caused by the Covid-19 pandemic for which a travel insurance plan can come in handy.
Therefore, it is a good idea to purchase travel insurance for the UAE and financially secure yourself before embarking on your journey to one of the most visited destinations on the global map.
Why Do You Need Travel Insurance from India to Dubai?
There is no certainty in life, and the same principle applies to travel plans as well. You will need a travel insurance policy to handle any unexpected circumstances before or through the course of your sojourn to Dubai, including a sudden illness that could cause you to miss your flight, baggage loss or delay at the airport, or a medical emergency en route Dubai or home.
Therefore, it is advisable to invest in a travel insurance plan and safeguard yourself against unplanned situations that carry the potential to ruin your trip. With our excellent plans offering international travel insurance for Dubai visitors, you can be well-equipped to travel to and from Dubai sans worry.
Here are the benefits included in our travel insurance Dubai plan.
- Covid-19 cover to cover the costs associated with testing Covid positive during the trip
- The option to pay in Indian Rupees and get coverage in United States Dollars
- Affordable policies with a premium as low as ₹41 per day
- Instant purchase of online travel insurance to Dubai without extensive health check-ups
- Cover for flight delays and cancellations, hotel booking cancellations, and loss of passport
- Compensation on the loss or delay of check-in baggage
- Travel medical insurance to Dubai to financially assist you in the instances of sickness and accidents during the trip
Dubai Visa Information and Entry Information
The documents required for applying to a pre-arranged visa are as follows.
- The colour photograph of the applicant
- The colour copy of the passport of the applicant that should be valid for at least three months
From May 1st, 2017 onwards, the following category of individuals are eligible for a 14-day visit visa on arrival in Dubai for a fee of AED120. The aforementioned stay can be extended to an additional 14 days for a fee of AED250.
- Indian citizens with a passport valid for six months or above from the date of arrival
- Individuals holding a green card or a visit visa issued by the designated U.S.A. authority, which is valid for a minimum period of six months
- Residents of the United Kingdom and the European Union
- From April 29th, 2016, GCC residence permit holders are required to apply for a visa before visiting the UAE.
From July 7th, 2020, all travellers arriving at Dubai with a pre-approved visa are required to carry the following documents with them.
- A health declaration form
- A quarantine undertaking form
- A valid travel insurance policy that covers medical expenses for the duration of the visit
- It is also advisable for visitors to Dubai to have valid travel insurance Dubai plan that covers medical expenses. As an Indian citizen, you must consider buying travel insurance for Dubai from India. You can also book a PCR test from authorised centres in Dubai.
The immigration procedure at Dubai International Airport now also comprises random eye screenings, which require the visitors to Dubai to present a hard copy of their visa or visa confirmation number.
Entry information for Indian citizens
All Indian nationals travelling to Dubai must have a valid passport as well as a pre-approved visa. It is also advisable to purchase and carry a valid travel health insurance policy before travelling to Dubai. Indian nationals who wish to travel to Dubai must apply for a visa in advance online.
Here are the types of Dubai visas available for Indian citizens:
- A visit visa valid for a 48-hours visit
- A visit visa valid for a 96-hours visit
- A short-term single entry tourist visa valid for 30 days from arrival at Dubai
- A short-term multiple entry tourist visa valid for 30 days from first entry in Dubai
- A long-term single entry tourist visa valid for 90 days from arrival at Dubai
- A long-term multiple entry tourist visa valid for 90 days from first entry in Dubai
COVID Guidelines: All passengers arriving at the Dubai International Airport have to undergo a Covid-19 test upon arrival. The international borders of Dubai are presently closed to Indian nationals except for the ones who hold a UAE residence visa.
Travel Documents Required while Travelling from India to Dubai
While travel insurance for UAE is strongly recommended, there are also certain travel documents that are required for travelling to Dubai from India, which have been listed below.
- A valid Indian passport (valid for a minimum of six months from the date of arrival in Dubai)
- Pre-approved visa, if applicable
- The colour photograph of the traveller
- Prescription for specific medications, if necessary
- Travel health insurance to Dubai, including Covid-19 coverage.
Covid Guidelines: Amidst the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, all travellers to Dubai are required to carry a negative PCR test report for a test not older than 72 hours. For some specific countries, the aforementioned test needs to have been conducted a maximum of 48 hours prior to the individual’s arrival in Dubai. However, children below the age of 12 years and passengers who have a severe or moderate disability are not required to carry the aforementioned report.
Dubai Travel: Safety and Precautionary Measures to be Undertaken
- Protect your belongings, particularly in crowded places and tourist hubs.
- Use official commercial means of transport and avoid seeking private help.
- Do not consume alcohol if you are under the age of 21 years.
- Do not consume alcohol in public places as the act violates the laws of the UAE.
- Keep your passport safe at all times.
- Respect the country’s laws and regulations.
- Avoid travelling to unfamiliar or remote areas, particularly during the night.
- Do not participate in any unlawful activities.
- Do not violate public decorum through your words, actions, or a combination of the two.
- Choose from the best travel insurance for Dubai to financially safeguard yourself against accidents and medical emergencies.
The Indian Embassy in Dubai
The Indian Embassy in Dubai is located at the following address.
Plot No. 10, Sector W-59/02, Diplomatic Area, off the Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Street (Previously known as Airport Road), near Pepsicola, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
Present Ambassador: H.E. Pavan Kapoor
Contact details of the embassy:
Website: Embassy of India, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Telephone number: 00-971-2-4492700
Fax number: 00-971-2-4444685
Working Hours: Sundays to Thursday, 08:30 AM - 05:00 PM
Public Interface Hours: Sunday to Thursday, 09:00 AM to 12:30 PM
International airports in Dubai
There are two major international airports in Dubai, namely:
- The Dubai International Airport (DXB)
- The Dubai World Central or the Al Maktoum International (DWC)
Currency and Foreign Exchange
The currency of the United Arab Emirates is the United Arab Emirates Dirham (AED), commonly referred to as Dirham. It is advisable to carry an adequate amount of AED before starting your trip. The exchange rate of the AED with respect to the Indian National Rupee fluctuates on a daily basis. Therefore, you must monitor the applicable exchange rate before travelling to Dubai.
Dubai Tourist Places
Dubai is adorned with a wide variety of tourist attractions, ranging from natural to man-made, simple to unique, and academic to entertaining.
Here are some of the places you must mark on your itinerary while visiting Dubai.
Burj Khalifa is the tallest building in the world and one of the most iconic landmarks of Dubai. Every visitor to the vibrant metropolis must visit this marvel of design, architecture, and human achievement.
Renowned as the first indoor Dolphinarium in the Middle Eastern countries, the Dubai Dolphinarium is a popular tourist attraction that allows interactions with dolphins.
Jumeirah Beach is considered a representative of the spirit of Dubai: lively and welcoming. You can walk on the beach, shop around the surrounding boulevard, and participate in water sports.
Located within the A-Fahidi Fort, the Dubai Museum comprises significant artefacts from the history of Dubai, including small wooden boats, paintings, and life-size models of historical scenes.
The Dubai Fountain Show is the tallest fountain show in the world and is a visually appealing experience that can enchant audiences. With eclectic music as its backdrop, the fountain delivers a unique and memorable experience to visitors.
Motiongate, Dubai is a Hollywood-centric theme park that houses rides replicating scenes and sets from movies like The Hunger Games, Kung Fu Panda, and Zombieland.
The Green Planet is an indoor rainforest that transports visitors into the habitat of diverse flora and fauna. Built around an 82-feet tall tree and an indoor waterfall, the rainforest offers a memorable experience for nature enthusiasts.
As you visit the above-mentioned places, having a secure travel insurance plan for Dubai will offer you a hassle-free travel experience in the UAE.
Best Time to Visit Dubai
The best time to visit Dubai and experience the city in all its glory is November to March, when mild winter envelops the city. During the aforementioned period, the temperature in the city usually ranges between 19 degrees Celsius to 31 degrees Celsius.
Visit UAE today and safeguard your international journey with online travel insurance Dubai plan from TATA AIG Insurance.
Frequently Asked Question
How can I get a travel insurance Dubai plan?
If you want to purchase a comprehensive plan for travel insurance for Dubai, you can visit our website and choose international travel insurance. On the aforementioned page, you will be prompted to enter the required personal information and select the extent of the coverage you wish to buy. The coverage of your travel insurance policy can include the following additional elements.
- Medical coverage
- Baggage coverage
Once you have customised your travel insurance policy, you can proceed with the payment and complete the purchase. The policy will be issued immediately and you can peruse it through your email inbox.
How much should I pay for a travel insurance Dubai plan?
The cost of your travel insurance Dubai plan will vary based on the duration of your stay in the city along with several other significant factors. At Tata AIG, we offer travel insurance for Dubai visitors at as low as ₹45.50 per day. It is advisable to select an adequate sum assured so as to ensure sufficient protection for yourself during the trip. If you are travelling to Dubai with family, the sum assured has to be determined in a way that provides financial security against adverse events to all of you.
Is it mandatory to buy a medical travel insurance Dubai plan?
Yes, it is mandatory to have valid travel medical insurance Dubai plan. If you purchase the aforementioned policy, you can financially safeguard your trip to the UAE.