Travel Insurance For Canada From India
Travel insurance For Canada
Canada is the second-largest nation in the world. So, if you are planning to visit Canada anytime soon, do not expect to cover the entire nation in a few days or weeks. The country is huge and travelling from one part to the other would mean travelling long distances. But that surely shouldn’t stop you from visiting this beautiful nation. From bustling cities to incredible national parks, Canada is everything a wandering soul can dream of! So, while creating an itinerary for Canada, you need to be very sure about keeping the most famous places on the list. Also, booking accommodation near to the main sightseeing locations would be prudent.
However, before anything else, in order to keep your trip safe and secure, you must also think about investing in a robust travel insurance plan. Canada’s international travel policy from India will keep your entire vacation protected against several kinds of trip-related emergencies. You can always find the best travel insurance for Canada from India online when you compare travel insurance plans. Our travel insurance Canada plans offer the right kind of coverage options for maximum financial support. So, when you have our affordable travel health insurance Canada plan in place, you will not have to worry about making a hole in your pockets!
On Tata AIG’s official website, you can compare the different travel plans with our online travel insurance premium calculator. Also, the policy buying and renewal processes are hassle-free. Our overseas travel insurance plans start from only ₹60.32 per day*. And if you are travelling with your family, you can opt for the family travel insurance plan for Canada.
Expert's Guide to Canada Visa Process
Best Places to Visit in Canada
Major Benefits of Buying a Travel Insurance Canada Policy
Your trip to Canada could be really exciting if you travel to this country for the first time. However, any international trip also comes with a lot of apprehensions. This is because you will never know what you’d face during your stay in Canada. And in case you face certain adversities like accidents or a sudden sickness, you will never know whom to approach in an unknown land. And in such a case, your travel policy can be of great help! Here are some of the other benefits of having a travel insurance Canada policy with Tata AIG -
- Local journey assistance
- Trip Delay and Passport Loss during your travel to Canada from India
- Coverage for loss or delay of luggage during your India to Canada travel
- Cover against personal liabilities
- Cover against hospitalisation due to accidents, illnesses, and COVID-19 care to the tune of $5,00,000
- Cover against medical emergencies due to Accident & Sickness, including the treatment of Covid-19 during the trip, if hospitalized
- With Tata AIG, travel medical insurance Canada online in a hassle-free and fast way
- Affordable travel health insurance Canada from India starting at just ₹60.32 per day*
- Automatic extension of your travel insurance for Canada from India plan for up to 60 days or date of discharge, whichever is lesser in the event of hospitalization close to the expiry date of the insurance plan
- Automatic 7-day extension of your travel insurance Canada plan due to the cancellation or delay of your flight back to India
Travel Insurance for Canada from India
Whenever you are planning a trip it is of utter importance that you are properly prepared and are aware of what the place offers. Canada is a safe country for tourists; however, there may be unfortunate incidents that occur during your visit. What do you do then? Do not let any emergency catch you unawares. Be financially prepared for even the worst scenario so nothing leaves you surprised. And a travel health insurance Canada plan online can help face any problems that should come your way. Remember these are preparations for eventualities that may never occur, but as the saying goes, always safe than sorry.
A travel insurance Canada policy online helps you feel secure even if you are in an unknown place and among strangers. You may be going to Canada to have the holiday of your dreams and you just might! But remember, health is a variable that can take you by surprise at any given time. But with the right kind of travel medical insurance Canada policy, you have nothing to worry about, other than having the best holiday. Our travel policy for Canada will cover various kinds of medical emergencies and treatment costs. Also, if you lose your luggage or passport, your valid travel insurance for Canada from India will take care of the technicalities for you.
You can buy the best travel insurance for Canada from India plans help you protect yourself from any range of unexpected scenarios that may come up during your visit to Canada. Therefore, if your tickets are booked for Canada, it’s the perfect time to apply for a travel policy from Tata AIG online for your Canada trip.
Why Do You Need Travel Insurance for Canada from India?
Planning a trip to any place needs proper preparation. You must remember that you are sitting in a different country, planning your stay in a different part of the world. This could give rise to some problems when you actually reach your destination. It is why we recommend you to check and double check your plans before you begin your journey.
But no matter how well prepared you are, you cannot foresee any sudden accidental exigency or illnesses. You or your co-travellers may fall ill or meet with an accident. You guys can lose a bag or two or other important documents like passports. And in such cases, a travel insurance Canada policy can help you greatly!
Also, keeping in mind the vulnerability of health conditions due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, you should always take necessary precautions. So, why not buy travel medical insurance for your Canada trip to safeguard your travel? You will only come back with nothing but a bag full of happy memories!
Also, before booking your tickets and staying in Canada, you should thoroughly check the travel advisory of the Canadian government. And a robust travel insurance policy can keep all your trip-related worries at bay. Your travel policy will keep you financially safe if you meet with an accident or fall sick and get hospitalised in Canada. Medical treatments in Canada could be expensive, and hence, having a travel insurance Canada plan would be wise.
However, you must also compare the policy options when picking a travel policy for your trip to Canada. This will let you choose the right available one. Also, the policy prices differ from one another, and therefore, you need to pick one that’s affordable and offers wide coverage facilities. Your chosen travel insurance should offer proper medical coverage, trip cancellation/extension coverage, luggage loss coverage, passport loss coverage, repatriation coverage, etc.
With Tata AIG’s online travel insurance Canada policy, you can get all the features mentioned above and more. Our travel insurance plans are affordable yet will offer you considerable financial protection during your international trip to Canada.
Benefits Offered by the Tata AIG Travel Insurance Canada Plan
With Tata AIG’s travel insurance Canada online plan, you can get several benefits from travel insurance coverage options. Some of which are listed below:
1. Baggage Cover - If during your trip to Canada, you lose your baggage in transit or if it gets delayed at any of the airports, the Tata AIG baggage coverage will provide financial assistance for the same. This coverage option is included with our travel insurance for Canada from India policy, and with this, you can opt for full reimbursement for the cost of every single item in your checked-in luggage up to the limit mentioned in the policy wordings.
2. Journey Cover - With Tata AIG’s travel insurance for Canada online, you will get total coverage for your trip. It will include financial protection against the loss of your passport, flight delay or cancellation, cancellation of your hotel bookings, etc.
3. Medical Assistance Cover- The Tata AIG travel insurance for Canada policy is designed perfectly to provide you with the essential financial assistance during any kind of illness or any sudden accident during the trip that may require hospitalisation. Keeping in mind the current pandemic scenario, you can also get coverage against any Covid-19 related medical emergencies in a foreign land.
4. Miscellaneous Benefits
- Travel insurance Canada plans start at an affordable rate of just ₹60.32 per day*
- You can buy travel insurance online through the Tata AIG website with no additional requirements of a thorough medical check-up.
- You can easily pay the travel insurance premiums in Indian National Rupees and receive the travel insurance Canada plan coverage.
To learn more about the best travel insurance for Canada, do not forget to compare travel insurance plans online with our online travel insurance premium calculator.
Canada Visa and Entry Information
Visa Information For Canada
To be able to enter Canada, you need to have a valid Canadian visa in hand. Your Canadian visa would be based on the purpose of your visit. You will have to obtain this visa before travelling to Canada as the nation doesn’t support visas on arrival.
There are 5 different types of Canadian visas available for travellers. So, you need to pick one according to the purpose of your visit.
1. Transit Visa – This is valid for one or two entries, and you will not have to pay any fees to avail of this.
2. Super Visa – You will need to provide your biometrics and the duly filled application form to get this visa.
3. Temporary Resident/Visitor Visa – With this, you can stay in Canada for a maximum of 6 months.
4. Work Permit – If you are travelling for work, you need to apply for this visa. Again, similar to a Super Visa application, you will need to provide your biometric details.
5. Study Permit – If you need to visit Canada to study, you will need a Study Permit from the Canadian government. You will need to provide your biometric details for this.
Travel Documentation for a Canadian Visa for Indians
The duly filled visa application form needs to be submitted along with a few supporting documents to avail yourself of a valid Canadian visa. However, apart from the few fixed set of documents, the list of documents differs according to the type of Canadian visa you are applying for. Here is a list of the mandatory documents that you would need to submit –
- A valid Indian passport with a validity of at least 6 months and two empty pages
- Duly filled visa application form
- Two photographs with the name and DOB of the applicant written on the back
- Proof of financial stability/proof of income
- Photocopy of return air tickets
- Accommodation proof for your stay in Canada
Canadian Visa Application Procedure in India
The visa application process is pretty straightforward for the Indians. You can do it online or offline. You can submit your visa application form along with the supporting documents in a VAC nearby, or you can do it online by following the steps mentioned below –
- Visit the Canadian government’s official website
- Select the type of visa you are applying for
- Fill up the application form properly
- Upload all the necessary documents
- Pay the visa fees and the biometric fees online
- Submit the application form
- Submit your photographs and biometric details at a nearby Biometric Collection Service Point within 30 days
Canada Visa Application Centres in India
|Embassy Information||Address||Contact Details||Working Hours|
|High Commission of Canada||7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi, 110021||+91 (11) 4178-2000||Monday – Friday – 8.30 am – 4.45 pm Saturday & Sunday Closed|
|Embassy Information||Address||Contact Details||Working Hours|
|Consulate General of Canada, Mumbai||Tower 2, Indiabulls Financial Centre, 21st Floor, Senapati Bapat Marg, Elphinstone Road (West), Mumbai, Maharashtra - 400013||+ 91 (22) 6749 4444||Monday – Friday – 9.00 am – 5.15 pm Saturday & Sunday Closed|
|Embassy Information||Address||Contact Details||Working Hours|
|Consulate General of Canada, Kolkata||Duncan House, 31 Netaji Subhash Road, Kolkata, 700001||+ 91 (33) 2242 6820||Monday – Friday – 9.00 am – 12.00 pm Saturday & Sunday Closed|
|Embassy Information||Address||Contact Details||Working Hours|
|Consulate General of Canada, Bengaluru||22nd Floor, World Trade Centre, 26/1, Dr Rajkumar Road, Malleshwaram West, Yeshwantpur, Bengaluru, 560055||+91 (80) 4924 7000||Monday – Friday – 8.30 am – 4.45 pm Saturday & Sunday Closed|
Canada Trip: Safety and Precautionary Measures to Be Undertaken
Once you land in Canada, you should always obey the local government rules and safety protocols to avoid unnecessary events. Some general safety measures are listed below for you to follow -
- Always keep your mandated documents like passport safe and with you.
- Do not unnecessarily participate in any demonstrations.
- If you find yourself amid large local gatherings or protests, quickly take shelter in a safe place nearby.
- Keep following the local news and adjust your travel itinerary accordingly.
- Respect the local laws and regulations posed by the Canadian government and authorities.
- Do not be a part of any unlawful activities or violate the dignity of public places.
- Do not travel to any remote places without proper knowledge about the same. Take help from local authorities always.
- Always use official and legal means of transport.
- Be mindful of your visa validity in Canada and ensure that you do not overstay in the country without a valid visa.
- Protect your luggage, passport, and other belongings, especially in crowded spaces and tourist spots.
Opt for the best travel insurance for Canada policy to have maximum financial support during your journey.
Covid-19 Specific Safety Guidelines
- Cover your nose and mouth with a mask, especially in public places and while using public transport.
- Always maintain social distancing.
- Cooperate with the local Canadian government and designated authorities, and follow the Covid-19 guidelines.
- Monitor yourself for any Covid-19 symptoms. Self-isolate and get tested in case you develop any of the symptoms.
If you have the right travel insurance Canada policy with you, you will not have to worry about the financial worries that may arise if you contract the Covid-19 virus during your trip to and from Canada.
The Indian Embassy in Canada
|Consulate Address||Working Hours||Website|
|Consulate General of India, Toronto, Canada||Monday to Friday between 0900 - 1730 hrs||https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/|
A Few Major International Airports in Canada
- Toronto Pearson International Airport
- Vancouver International Airport
- Calgary International Airport
- Edmonton International Airport
- Montreal-Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport
- Ottawa – MacDonald – Cartier International Airport
- Kelowna International Airport
A Few Must-Visit Canadian Tourist Places
As discussed already, Canada is a huge nation. And quite naturally, there are plenty of amazing places to visit in the country. When you are in Canada, you will be spellbound by its beauty. And also, while creating an itinerary for Canada, you would be overwhelmed with options. However, to help you with your planning, we are here with some suggestions of the must-visit places in the country –
Niagara Falls – If you are visiting Canada during Summers, this place should be on top of your travel list. Niagara city is built along the beautiful waterfalls by the same name. And this famous city is the perfect place for exploring the tourists. Niagara Falls is undoubtedly one of Canada's most iconic places to visit. Enjoy the stunning views and click pictures of the cascading waterfalls.
Quebec City – It is known as North America’s oldest walled city and is one of the most picturesque cities in Canada. Quebec City is also one of the top tourist locations in the country, and if you are travelling with your partner, you shouldn’t miss out on the French romance and all things romantic in this magical city in Canada!
Tofino - If you are an absolute beach lover and can’t imagine a vacation without a beach, Tofino is the right place for you! Tofino is a beautiful paradise for water lovers and could be a heaven for you if you seek comfort during your stay in Canada. During the day, relax on the beach and stroll through the city at night!
Old Montreal - Montreal should definitely be on your travel list for Canada. Its old-world charm, remarkable buildings, and horse-drawn carriages will take your breath away during your stay in the city. Montreal is pretty fascinating and has a very different kind of aura as compared to other places in the nation. If you are looking forward to a peaceful travel experience, this is the perfect place!
Okanagan Valley – This valley is famous for its wineries and fruit orchards. And if you are a nature lover, this could be the best place to visit in Canada. A slow walk through the valley will make you feel like you have stepped into heaven. Capture the moments through your eyes and camera and return refreshed with the best of nature!
Best Time to Visit Canada
The summer months of July and August are the best time to travel to Canada. During these months, you will find the best kind of temperature outside, and also, it’s perfect for getting into adventure activities like horse-riding, paragliding, and so on. However, during these months, Canada sees a lot of travellers from all parts of the world. Hence, you need to make your bookings beforehand.
All the information mentioned above is well-researched and sourced from reliable sources. Since this information is subject to change, it is advisable to check the latest travel guidelines and other location-specific information before planning a trip to any location.
*Subject to change based on the nature and extent of the coverage.
Disclaimer / TnC
Your policy is subjected to terms and conditions & inclusions and exclusions mentioned in your policy wording. Please go through the documents carefully.
Frequently Asked Question
1. How to buy a travel insurance Canada plan?
If you wish to opt for a travel insurance Canada policy with Tata AIG, you can directly visit our website and select the international travel policy under the products section. Fill in the required personal information, select the right coverage options you wish to have in your travel insurance, and make the payment online.
Once you have opted for the necessary coverage options on your travel insurance Canada plan, you can pay through your desired payment option online and complete the purchase process of the insurance policy. Upon verification, we will send the policy to your registered email ID.
2. How much should I pay for a travel insurance Canada plan?
The premium payment for your travel insurance Canada plan will depend upon various factors, including the duration of your stay in Canada and the sum insured you choose. It is advisable to select an appropriate sum assured to have sufficient coverage during your trip.
This becomes even more vital if you plan your trip with your family. With the Tata AIG travel insurance Canada from India plans, you can avail of the excellent coverage benefits at a price that won’t leave a hole in your pockets! You can determine the price of your travel insurance Canada plan with our Travel Insurance Premium Calculator.
3. What are the exclusions in the travel insurance for Canada from India plan?
Some of the exclusions in international travel insurance are loss of passport or delays due to detention or confiscation by the police or any other authorities, any loss due to a threat to national security like riots, and non-medical expenses that you incur. Moreover, if a medical emergency is caused if you travel against the advice of your doctor and pre-existing disease-related emergencies will not be covered.
4. Does the travel insurance Canada plan have a free-look period?
We offer a 15-day free look period on annual and multi-trip policies. But if you are purchasing a single trip policy for your trip to Canada, no free look period is provided to you.
5. If there is a change in my travel dates to Canada, can I make the changes to the travel dates mentioned in the policy?
Yes, you can change the travel dates mentioned in the policy before the commencement of your travel insurance plan, which is the same as your date of travel.
6. When will my travel insurance Canada from Tata AIG end?
The end date of your international travel insurance plan will be mentioned on your policy document. For single trip policies, the travel insurance for Canada ends as soon as your trip ends and you return to your city of residence. For multi-trip policies, you can check the dates on your policy document.
7. I am immigrating to Canada, do I need a travel insurance plan?
We provide travel insurance for work, leisure, and business purposes. You can also buy a travel insurance Canada plan if you travel for study purposes. If you are planning to migrate, the travel insurance plan will not be able to cover you.