Travel Insurance for Israel From India
Travel Insurance Israel
Israel was established post the Second World War as a state for the Jewish people. The country is home to several holy places for Christians, Jews, and Muslims. Due to this, Israel witnesses a major group of pilgrims each and every year, and most of them come to get a glimpse of the famous Basilica of the Holy Sepulchre, the Al-Aqsa Mosque, and the Dome of the Rock.
If you are planning a trip to Israel anytime soon, it can be a soul-fulfilling trip for yourself and your co-travellers. There are several historical and spiritual places to travel to Israel, and you can even replicate the famous hike of Jesus Christ that covers around 65 km from Nazareth to Capernaum. And if you love food, then Israel could be a heaven for you as you can enjoy the best Falafel, shawarma, Sabich, and hummus there.
But to be able to enjoy your trip to Israel in the best possible manner, it’s prudent to have an overseas travel insurance policy in hand. With a travel insurance plan in place, you can keep your finances safe during any kind of trip-related exigencies. For instance, you can meet with an accident, fall ill, lose some of your belongings, and so on. And for that, you’d need to spend some money from your pockets if you do not have travel insurance for Israel in place.
With Tata AIG, you can claim a travel insurance policy online in just a few steps from any part of the world. And our team will reimburse the money to your account so that it’s easier for you to pay for the emergencies. Similar to the online buying and renewal process, our online claim procedure is hassle-free as well. Also, Tata AIG’s international travel plans start only at ₹45.5 per day*.
Travel Insurance for Israel from India
Although travel restrictions are already up for most of the countries for their travellers, it’s better to be well-prepared before your international trip during this post-pandemic situation worldwide. It’s always advisable to gauge the possibilities of falling prey to mishaps and take necessary precautions. This is important because no matter how much we try, staying away from the virus is not possible!
Also, when it comes to sudden emergencies in an unknown land, we can never know the impact that it may have on our pockets! So, for a safe and financially secured trip to Israel, you shouldn’t forget to opt for travel medical insurance for Israel from India policy. This way, you will be properly prepared for the adversities that may come your way. And also, it will help you to experience a trip of a lifetime!
Travel insurance for Israel policy will offer you just the right kind of financial support in an unknown land. Because during an accident, you will not know where to go or whom to approach in an unknown country. But with the right travel medical insurance Israel plan, you will be able to keep your pockets safe and your tensions at bay! Our overseas travel insurance will offer extensive coverage against different emergencies along with medical treatment costs. Also, if you lose your passport, any important document, or luggage, your valid travel insurance for Israel will compensate for the same.
At Tata AIG, you can get travel insurance for Israel from India policies to avail yourself of extensive coverage against a wide range of accidental events that may arise during the trip. Therefore, if your tickets for Israel are done, it is the right time to apply for a Tata AIG travel insurance policy online. If your family members are also joining you on the trip, you can get a family travel insurance policy instead of several individual policies. This will help everyone get the right coverage against various situations during the trip, that too at affordable premiums.
Major Benefits of Buying a Travel Medical Insurance Israel Policy
Your first trip to Israel could be really exciting. However, travelling to an all-new country can come with its own cons too! You may have to go through different trip-related vulnerabilities. Accidents, sudden illnesses, and theft are a few of them which may strike anytime and anywhere during the trip. However, to keep your financial woes at bay during such critical conditions, you need to have one of the best travel insurance policy!
Here are some of the major benefits of having a travel insurance for Israel trip policy with Tata AIG -
- Local journey assistance
- Flight hijack cover
- Coverage for loss or delay of luggage
- Cover against personal liabilities
- Cover against hospitalisation due to accidents, illnesses, and COVID-19 care to the tune of $5,00,000
- Cover against medical emergencies due to Accident & Sickness, including the treatment of Covid-19 during the trip, if hospitalised
- With Tata AIG, you can buy the best travel health insurance for Israel in a hassle-free anIsraeli way
- Affordable travel insurance policy for Israel from India starting at just ₹45.5 per day*
- Automatic extension of your travel insurance for Israel from India plan for up to 60 days or date of discharge, whichever is lesser in the event of hospitalisation close to the expiry date of the insurance plan
- Automatic 7-day extension of your travel insurance for Israel plan due to the cancellation or delay of your flight back to India
Why Do You Need Travel Insurance for Israel from India?
Even though Israel won’t necessarily come to your mind when you would start planning an international trip, once you zero down on this destination, you should plan well. This is important because once you plan everything thoroughly, you will be confident enough about the trip. Also, there will be very few chances of you falling prey to emergencies during the trip.
But we also know that while planning for an international trip, no amount of research is ever enough! So, to ensure that you come back only with happy memories and nothing else, you need to plan everything well in advance. Accidents, however, may happen anytime. You could fall ill or meet with an accident for which you may need to get hospitalised. Or your co-traveller may lose their passport or luggage. And in such cases, only your travel insurance for Israel could be of great help. Also, the fact that we are all vulnerable to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, it’s always better to be safe than sorry!
Again, while planning your trip to Israel, you should also check the travel advisory by the Israeli government before leaving for the trip. And with a valid international travel insurance policy in hand, you can keep all your financial troubles at bay. Your travel insurance for Israel from India policy will keep your finances protected against different adversities. Whether you fall sick or meet with an accident during the trip, you will be reimbursed if you have a valid travel insurance policy. Medical treatments in Israel could be costlier than that in India, and therefore, having a travel medical insurance Israel plan would be prudent.
However, in order to make an informed choice, it’s also important to go through the different policy options, compare everything, and then choose the right one. At Tata AIG’s official website, you can compare travel insurance policy prices and then pick a policy that is affordable and which comes with comprehensive coverage facilities.
For example, you get a Tata AIG family travel insurance with comprehensive coverage options against different situations during the trip. However, with a single plan, you will be able to pay reasonable premiums for the coverage.
Your chosen overseas travel insurance should offer proper medical coverage, trip cancellation/extension coverage, baggage loss coverage, passport loss coverage, repatriation coverage, etc.
With Tata AIG’s travel insurance for Israel policy, you can get all the benefits mentioned above and a lot more even when you file a claim online. Our travel insurance plans will offer you great monetary protection during your international trip to Israel.
Benefits offered by the Tata AIG travel insurance for Israel policy
With Tata AIG’s travel insurance for Israel from India, you can benefit from different travel insurance policy coverage benefits. Some of which are listed below:
1. Baggage Cover - If during your trip to Israel, you lose your baggage anywhere in transit or if your bags get delayed at any of the connecting airports, the Tata AIG baggage coverage will provide financial assistance for the loss. This coverage option is included with our travel insurance for Israel policy, and with this, you can opt for reimbursement for the total cost of every single item in your checked-in baggage as per the coverage limit specified in the policy.
2. Trip Cover - With Tata AIG’s travel insurance for Israel from India, you will get complete coverage for your entire trip. It will include financial protection against the loss of your passport, the flight delay or cancellation, cancellation of your hotel bookings, etc.
3. Medical Cover - The Tata AIG travel insurance for Israel plan is curated perfectly to provide you with the essential financial coverage during any kind of sickness or any sudden accident during the trip that requires hospitalisation.
If you fall sick or meet with an accident in Israel that requires you, or your co-traveller, to get hospitalised, our medical coverage will have you financially covered. Keeping in mind the current pandemic scenario, you can also get coverage against any Covid-19 related medical emergencies in Israel.
- Travel insurance for Israel plans start at an affordable rate of just ₹45.5 per day*.
- You can do travel insurance policy purchasing online through the Tata AIG website with no additional requirements of a thorough medical check-up.
- There is complete ease of paying the travel insurance policy premiums in Indian National Rupees and receiving the travel insurance for Israel coverage in Israel.
To find the right travel insurance for Israel, always go through the different options to find the best travel insurance for Israel with the help of our online travel insurance premium calculator.
Israel Visa and Entry Information
Indian travellers to Israel will need to have a visa in place. So, before departing for Israel, you need to have a valid Israel visa in hand. You will need to apply for a visa well in advance. Here are the different types of visa options available for Indians travelling to Israel –
- A2 Visa (Student Visa) – This is the type of visa that needs to be applied by the students who need to travel to Israel for studies.
- B1 (Employment/Work) Visa) – For the ones who need to visit Israel for work need to opt for this visa.
- B2 (Business) Visa – If you need to attend any business conference or meeting in Israel, you should have a valid B2 Business Visa in place.
- B2 (Tourist) Visa – For tourists, a valid copy of this visa is essential.
Process of Application for an Israel Visa
You can apply for an Israel visa online by downloading the application form and then submitting it to your nearest Israel Embassy along with the required documents. You can also apply for an Israel visa through a nearby reputed travel agency. You can download the visa application form for the Israel visa online and fill it up with all the necessary details.
Here are the documents needed for an Israel visa –
- Passport with at least six months validity from the date of entering Israel
- Duly filled application form appropriate to the type of visa
- Two copies of original photographs
Israel Visa Application Centres in India
|Address||Contact Number||Business Hours|
|The Israel Visa Application Centre International Trade Tower, S-1 Level, Nehru Place, New Delhi - email@example.com||Monday to Friday between 0900hrs - 1200hrs & 1300hrs - 1600hrs (except holidays observed by the Israel missions in India)|
|Address||Contact Number||Business Hours|
|206B, 2nd Floor, The Arcadia Building, Vinayak Kumar Shah Marg, NCPA, Nariman Point, Mumbai - firstname.lastname@example.org||Monday to Friday between 0900hrs - 1200hrs & 1300hrs - 1600hrs (except holidays observed by the Israel missions in India)|
|Address||Contact Number||Business Hours|
|Acropolis Mall, Unit No. 14, 7th floor on 858/1, Rajdanga Main Road, Shantipally, Sector 1, East Kolkata Township, Kolkata - email@example.com||Monday to Friday between 0900hrs - 1200hrs & 1300hrs - 1600hrs (except holidays observed by the Israel missions in India)|
|Address||Contact Number||Business Hours|
|The Israel Visa Application Centre. S-519, 5th floor, South Block Manipal Centre,47, Dickenson Road, Bengaluru – firstname.lastname@example.org|
Israel Trip: Safety and Precautionary Measures to Be Undertaken
When you are in Israel, you should always obey the local safety protocols for avoiding any unnecessary events. Some general safety measures for Israel tourists are listed below -
- Always keep your passport safe and with you.
- Keep your mandatory documents handy.
- Do not unnecessarily participate in any local demonstrations.
- If you find yourself amid large local gatherings or protests, quickly take shelter in a safe place nearby.
- Avoid taking public transport during rush hours as they are more prone to terrorist attacks.
- Keep following the local news and adjust your travel itinerary accordingly.
- Respect the local laws and regulations posed by the Israeli government and authorities.
- Do not be a part of any unlawful activities or violate the dignity of public places.
- Do not travel to any remote places without proper knowledge about the same. Take help from local authorities.
- Always use official and legal means of transport.
- Be mindful of your visa validity in Israel and ensure that you do not overstay your visit in the country without a valid visa.
- Protect your luggage, passport, and other belongings, especially in crowded spaces and tourist spots.
- Opt for the right travel health insurance Israel plan to have the necessary financial support during your trip to this picturesque country.
Covid-19 specific safety guidelines
- Cover your nose and mouth with a mask, especially in public places and while using public transport.
- Always maintain social distancing.
- Cooperate with the local government and designated authorities, and follow the Covid-19 guidelines.
- Monitor yourself for any Covid-19 symptoms. Self-isolate and get tested in case you develop any of the symptoms.
If you have the right travel insurance for Israel in place, you will not have to worry about the financial worries that may come along if you contract the Covid-19 virus during your trip to and from Israel.
The Indian Embassy in Israel
|140, Hayarkon Street, PO Box 3368, Tel Aviv-6345103||00-972-3-7620700|
Major International Airports in Israel
- King Hussein International Airport
- Sharm el-Sheikh International Airport
- Queen Alia International Airport
Currency and Foreign Exchange
The Shekel, shortened as NIS, is the country's official currency.
1 Shekel = 23 INR 1 Shekel = 0.31 USD
A Few Must-Visit Tourist Places in Israel
Israel is known as the ‘hometown of Jesus’ and is located in the middle of ancient mounds and beaches along the beautiful Mediterranean coast! The country is the sacred abode of the Lord that is placed in the heart of the Middle East. Once you are in Israel, you will be overwhelmed with places to visit and things to do. From ancient buildings with mounted domes to lip-smacking local cuisines, there is a lot to discover in Israel.
Jerusalem – This city is considered to be the holiest land in the whole world, and hence, this place certainly needs to be there in your travel itinerary for Israel. Jerusalem is visited all the time by religious people from all over the world. Also, the place is magnificently glorified by ancient buildings and majestic buildings.
Bethlehem - The birthplace of Jesus, Bethlehem is one of the most exquisite places to visit in Israel. This is located to the south of Jerusalem, along with the West Bank. Bethlehem is around a 1.5-hour drive from the city centre of Jerusalem. So, if you are staying in Jerusalem, you can visit Bethlehem during a day’s trip. Here, you will find several churches and religious places to visit.
Tel Aviv – If you wish to get the best of roaming in the cities of Israel, you need to roam around the Carmel market of Tel Aviv. Also, you can take a trip to Sharona, which is the oldest modern village today, enjoy the picturesque sunset, and dance all night at the exciting discs of Tel Aviv! Besides, this coastal city is home to various beaches in Israel. Hence, you can get the best seafood and lots of water activities.
Acre - The beautiful city of Acre in Israel is also called Akko. This place is another very popular tourist place in Israel. And quite strikingly, Acre has walls that tell several tales. Once you are there, you will be spellbound by the incredible structures and their architectural wonders. You can pay a visit to several forts, domed mosques, and ancient monuments here.
Best Time to Visit Israel
The best time to visit Israel is during the spring months of March to May or during the fall season, i.e., the months of September to November. During these times, there will be fewer crowds, cheaper hotel accommodations, and the best weather for staying out on the beach.
All the information mentioned above is well-researched and sourced from reliable sources. Since this information is subject to change, it is advisable to check the latest travel guidelines and other location-specific information before planning a trip to any location.
*Subject to change based on the nature and extent of the coverage.
Disclaimer / TnC
Your policy is subjected to terms and conditions & inclusions and exclusions mentioned in your policy wording. Please go through the documents carefully.
Frequently Asked Question
1. How to buy travel insurance for Israel plan?
If you wish to opt for travel insurance for Israel policy with Tata AIG, you can directly visit our website and select the international travel insurance under the products section. Fill in the required personal information, select the right coverage options you wish to have in your travel insurance policy, and make the payment online. You can also add some additional covers to your travel insurance for Israel with us, including the following.
- Medical coverage
- Baggage coverage
- Journey coverage
Once you have opted for the necessary coverage options on your travel insurance for Israel from India plan, you can pay through your desired payment option online and complete the purchase process of the insurance policy. Upon verification, we will send the policy to your registered email ID.
2. How much should I pay for travel insurance for Israel plan?
The premium payment for your travel insurance for Israel policy will depend upon various factors, including the duration of your stay in Israel and the sum insured you choose. It is advisable to select an appropriate sum assured to have sufficient coverage during your trip. This becomes even more vital if you plan your trip with your family. With the Tata AIG travel insurance for Israel plans, you can avail of the excellent coverage benefits at a price that won’t leave a hole in your pockets! You can determine the price of your travel insurance for Israel plan with our Travel Insurance Premium Calculator.
3. What are the exclusions in the travel insurance for Israel plan?
Some of the exclusions in an international travel insurance policy are loss of passport or delays due to detention or confiscation by the police or any other authorities, any loss due to a threat to national security like riots, and non-medical expenses that you incur. Moreover, if a medical emergency is caused if you travel against the advice of your doctor and pre-existing disease-related emergencies will not be covered.
4. Does the travel insurance for Israel have a free-look period?
We offer a 15-day free look period on annual and multi-trip policies. But if you are purchasing a single trip policy for your trip to Israel, no free look period is provided to you.
5. If there is a change in my travel dates to Israel, can I make the changes to the travel dates mentioned in the policy?
Yes, you can change the travel dates mentioned in the policy before the commencement of your travel insurance plan, which is the same as your date of travel.
6. When will my travel insurance for Israel from India from Tata AIG end?
The end date of your travel insurance policy will be mentioned on your policy document. For single trip policies, the travel insurance ends as soon as your trip ends and you return to your city of residence. For multi-trip policies, you can check the dates on your policy document.
7. I am immigrating to Israel. Do I need a travel insurance plan?
We provide travel insurance for work, leisure, and business purposes. You can also buy travel insurance for Israel if you travel for education purposes. If you are planning to migrate, the travel insurance plan will not be able to cover you.