Travel Insurance Oman
Travel Insurance Oman
Oman, a country in the Gulf region, is blessed with surpassing natural beauty and encompasses all the beautiful components of nature, from mountains to beaches and islands. Oman is also home to picturesque forts with detailed architectural beauty. One should visit Oman at least once in a lifetime with their loved ones under travel insurance cover to experience the best. You would have a truly revitalizing, exhilarating and adventurous vacation.
Key benefits of travel insurance while travelling to Oman:
- Trip Cancellation
- Local Assistance
- Baggage lost or delayed cover
- Duplicate or new passport, in case it gets lost
- Compensation when flight gets delayed
- Reimburse bounced bookings of hotels & airline
- Automatic policy extension for 7 days
- Reimburse for emergency transportation to a hospital, treatment and medical supplies.
Travel Insurance for Oman from India
To enjoy your trip to the fullest and zero down the scope of worries, it is imperative to plan your trip efficiently and make bookings in advance. However, despite planning everything, an unforeseen event might knock on your door just before your trip or during your trip. Therefore, to stay prepared for such unforeseen events and keep the trip financially secured, people usually buy Oman travel insurance. You can compare travel insurance plans to pick the one that suits you the most, in terms of coverage amount & premium.
Besides Oman’s natural beauty, you will also get to see how beautifully people have preserved their rich culture and tradition over the years.
Why Do You Need Travel Insurance From India To Oman?
Irrespective of wherever you are, it is preferable to keep yourself secured under a travel insurance plan. Similarly, before or during your trip from India to Oman, you might face unexpected events, such as a medical emergency before a few days of your trip leading to flight cancellation, or maybe baggage loss/delay at the airport, medical emergency during the trip, etc. It might be quite challenging to handle such mishaps. Therefore, it is imperative to have a top-notch solution, like international travel insurance, to cope with such problems and enjoy the serenity of Oman without any worries. We’ve mentioned the benefits offered under the international travel insurance in brief:
Journey Cover It covers adversities such as trip delay, flight cancellation, loss of passport, bounced airline or hotel bookings, etc.
Baggage Cover It supports and offers compensation in case of check-in baggage loss or delay.
Medical Coverage Unfortunately, if you meet with an accident and get injured or fall sick during your trip to Oman, we will reimburse the amount of your treatment, subject to your policy’s sum assured and certain terms and conditions.
To know more, Check Travel Insurance
Oman Visa information & Entry Information
Obtaining an Oman visa online is a seamless process. You just need to keep the required documents ready based on your purpose of travel. There are three common types of visa:
a) Tourist Visa b) Business Visa c) Student Visa
For all types of visas, there is a common set of documents required; find them below:
- A passport that does not expire for at least 6 months from the date of travel.
- The visa application form of the applicant.
- Two photographs of the applicant
- The proof of the applicant’s stay in the country.
- Flight tickets
- Travel insurance as proof for medical coverage when travelling to Oman
However, for obtaining a business visa, you might also require an invitation letter from the company you will employ in Oman.
Once you have submitted your application with all your documents, it might take an average of less than 24 hours to receive a response. However, due to seasonal demand, it may take a bit longer, but you can surely expect a reply within a few days.
- Indian passport holders need a visa to enter Oman.
- When entering Oman, Indian nationals need a passport valid for at least 6 months.
- Apart from passport and visa requirements, visitors need to be aware of Oman customs regulations. For example, free import of up to 2 liters/2 bottles of alcoholic drinks and 400 cigarettes (travellers aged 21 and above) is allowed. And, perfume is limited to 100 millilitres.
- Cash, local and foreign currencies over OMR 6,000 and goods with a value of OMR 6,000 or more must be declared.
Travel Documents Required While Travelling from India to Oman
There are a number of travel documents required to enter Oman. We’ve listed them below:
- An Omani visa
- Proof of accommodation bookings
- Valid passport (check expiry date and remaining validity)
- Medication prescription (might be needed)
- Travel Insurance inclusive of medical and COVID cover
- COVID 19 PCR Test Report
Oman Travel: Safety and Precautionary Measures to be Undertaken
- In tourist and crowded spots like shopping malls and crossroads, keep your belongings close and avoid expensive items like jewellery and cameras.
- It is advisable to avoid walking alone in poor-lit streets at night if you’re not familiar with the area.
- Avoid hitchhiking and prefer using official taxis.
- It is important to respect Oman’s local customs and laws. And to give you further details, pornography and drugs are illegal in Oman. Also, swearing or using obscene gestures might be considered insulting.
- Licensed restaurants can sell alcohol but drinking alcohol in public is an offence. Also, the legal age for drinking in Oman is 21.
- It is important to respect the conditions and requirements of your Omani visa.
- To cope with adversities such as baggage loss and medical emergency, consider purchasing travel insurance for Oman.
- Choose from the best travel insurance for Oman to financially safeguard yourself against accidents and medical emergencies.
Indian Embassy in Oman
The Indian embassy in Muscat, Oman, was established in 1971. Before this embassy, India had a consulate in Muscat, which was established in 1955.
Address Embassy of India, Oman, Muscat Jami'at Al - Dowal Al - Arabiya Street, Diplomatic Area, Al Khuwair
Website Embassy of India, Muscat-Oman
Contact Number (+968) 24684500
Working Hours 08.30 AM – 05.00 PM (Sunday – Thursday)
Common E-mail Address firstname.lastname@example.org
For services related to Indian visas, contact: Email: email@example.com; Telephone: (+968) 24684599
For services related to passport & consular issues, contact: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Telephone: (+968) 24684588
International Airports in Oman
In Oman, there are two main international airports:
- Muscat International Airport Serves: Muscat, Oman
- Salalah International Airport Serves: Salalah, Oman
Omani Rial (OMR) is the national currency of Oman. It is advisable to have an amount of OMR before starting your trip.
Oman Tourist Places
Emarald Water at Wadi Sahab The Wadi is a peaceful and beautiful easy walk along with the emerald green water pools. It is a perfect place to cool yourself down during your hike. After walking through, you will reach an end from where you can swim through the cave.
Wahiba Sands, Oman Desert Oman desert is an enormous desert and is a part of ‘The Empty Quarter’ area. Camping in the Wahiba sands desert has become a quite popular and adventurous thing to experience in Oman.
Sultan Qoobas Mosque It is one of the most important spiritual sites of Oman. The beauty of this mosque can be defined by detailed architecture.
Jabal Akhdar Mountains This is counted as one of the remote areas in Oman. Therefore, you might not find many tourists here, but the drive-through of these mountains is beautiful.
Al Mughsail Beach It is half an hour drive away from Salalah, a beautiful and visit-worthy city with rich culture. This beach has about four miles of white sand, complete with frankincense trees and picnic shelters. You can relax offshore and enjoy the vibes of clear turquoise waters.
Muscat It is considered a major port in the Gulf of Oman. It is known for super fresh seafood, breathtaking hiking terrain, dolphins and whatnot. You can also visit the Royal Opera House and experience the serenity of the Dimaniyat Islands.
Best Time To Visit
The best time to visit Oman is the winter season, months from October to March, as there is pleasantly cool weather. Around this time, the temperature lingers around 25 degrees Celsius, and the weather is cool and breezy. Therefore, you can comfortably visit all open places.
Disclaimer / TnC
Your policy is subjected to terms and conditions & inclusions and exclusions mentioned in your policy wording. Please go through the documents carefully.
Frequently Asked Question
How can I get travel insurance in Oman?
You can visit TATA AIG’s website and choose international travel insurance. You just need to fill in your basic information and choose the extent of each cover, for say, medical cover or baggage cover, as per your requirement. Thereafter, you can make the payment and get the policy issued instantly.
How much should you pay for travel insurance in Oman?
This would depend on the duration of your trip and other distinct specifications. For example, it is advisable to opt for a higher sum assured if you are travelling with your family.
Is medical insurance mandatory in Oman?
It is mandatory to buy international travel insurance inclusive of medical cover for your Oman trip. Besides, this would be helpful in financially securing your trip.