Travel Insurance for Saudi Arabia
Travel Insurance Saudi Arabia
If you are planning an international vacation to somewhere uncommon yet beautiful, Saudi Arabia could be the perfect place to visit! The country boasts of amazing locales, a rich heritage, and delicious cuisines. Saudi Arabia is the birthplace of Islam and is frequented by visitors from all around the globe throughout the year. From the majestic Red Sea coral reefs to the Tai’s Mountain resorts and Nabatean tombs’, you will be overwhelmed with things to do and places to visit in Saudi Arabia.
Saudi Arabia has been a top favourite for travellers keen on experiencing different cultures and religions while vacationing. And the country has its own treasures. You can pay a visit to Riyadh, the geographic and cultural hub and the capital of Saudi Arabia, to experience the ultimate mix of modern and ancient. From residential suburbs to high-rises, you will also get the perfect traditional appeal of the historic Qasr Al-Hokm here.
Intrigued already? Well, before you start jotting down an itinerary for your Saudi Arabia trip, you should also think about protecting your trip financially. And the best way to do that is by opting for a travel insurance plan. While on an international trip, you may fall prey to several trip-related adversities. You can fall ill or meet with an accident for which you may need immediate hospitalisation. And in such cases, a travel medical insurance Saudi Arabia plan can keep your pockets safe.
Also, if you end up losing your luggage, passport, or other essential documents on the trip. Or, if your hotel bookings or flights get cancelled, with a timely travel insurance claim, you will get the compensated amount on your account. So, while searching for cheap travel insurance in Saudi Arabia policy, you may find the perfect match with Tata AIG. Our international travel insurance plans start at as low as just ₹45.5 per day*.
With Tata AIG, you can experience an absolutely easy and hassle-free policy purchase, renewal, and claiming process online. Also, if you are planning a trip with your family, you can opt for a family travel insurance plan for your Saudi Arabian trip.
Major Benefits of Buying a Travel Insurance for Saudi Arabia Plan
A trip to Saudi Arabia could be intriguing and exciting for anybody! However, if you are travelling for the first time, you need to guard your pockets against emergencies. As mentioned above, accidents may happen anytime, and you may even fall sick. Also, several other mishaps may take place during the trip. Hence, to keep your financial woes at bay during such tough times, you should have a robust Saudi travel insurance policy in place!
Here are some of the major benefits of having a travel insurance for Saudi Arabia plan with Tata AIG -
- Local journey assistance
- Flight hijack cover
- Coverage for loss or delay of luggage
- Cover against personal liabilities
- Cover against hospitalisation due to accidents, illnesses, and COVID-19 care to the tune of $5,00,000
- Cover against medical emergencies due to Accident & Sickness, including the treatment of Covid-19 during the trip, if hospitalised
- With Tata AIG, you can buy the best travel insurance Saudi Arabia in a hassle-free and fast way
- Affordable travel insurance plan for Saudi Arabia from India starting at just ₹45.5 per day*
- Automatic extension of your travel insurance Saudi Arabia online plan for up to 60 days or date of discharge, whichever is lesser in the event of hospitalisation close to the expiry date of the insurance plan
- Automatic 7-day extension of your travel insurance Saudi Arabia plan due to the cancellation or delay of your flight back to India
Travel Insurance from India to Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia has opened its borders for tourists from all over the world. It now welcomes visitors beyond just the Muslim pilgrims who visit for their annual haj. Hence, foreign tourists have been delighted to tour around the country in order to experience the best of its ancient ruins as well as the most exciting modern structures in the country.
However, in order to experience a worry-free trip to Saudi Arabia, you need to secure your trip financially. This is advisable because you will never know what situations will arise during your trip to make you anxious and worried amidst unknown faces. Hence, with travel insurance for Saudi Arabia policy, you can at least have the needed financial support.
Travel insurance from India to Saudi Arabia will offer you the right kind of financial assistance in a different nation. Even though the locals in Saudi Arabia are helpful, you will not know where to go in case of an accident. But with the best travel insurance Saudi Arabia policy, you can keep all your worries at bay! Our international travel insurance will offer coverage against all kinds of medical exigencies and treatment costs in Saudi Arabia. Also, if you end up losing your luggage or passport, your valid travel insurance for Saudi Arabia will reimburse you for the same.
At Tata AIG, you can buy cheap travel insurance Saudi Arabia plans to cover a wide range of accidental adversities that may arise during your trip to this beautiful. Hence, if your tickets are booked, it could be just the right time to apply for a Tata AIG travel insurance policy online.
Why Do You Need a Travel Insurance Saudi Arabia Plan from India?
When planning for your first-ever trip to Saudi Arabia, you should plan thoroughly! There shouldn’t be any stone unturned and you should plan everything thoroughly. This is important because while vacationing in a different nation, no amount of research is ever enough! So, in order to ensure that you have the most memorable trip, you need to be prepared well beforehand.
But even when you may think that everything related to the trip has been taken care of, a sudden accidental emergency or illness may happen to you or your co-traveller while touring anytime. Also, keeping in mind the susceptibility of our health conditions due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, it’s always better to be safe than sorry! So, prepare yourself properly to travel well, and only then you will be able to come back with nothing but a bag full of memories.
However, when buying travel insurance online, it’s also important to look at all the options to find the best match. At Tata AIG’s official website, you can go through the different international insurance plan quotes and then choose the one that’s affordable and comes with wide coverage options. Your chosen travel insurance policy should have the necessary medical assistance, trip cancellation/extension coverage, luggage loss coverage, passport loss coverage, repatriation coverage, etc.
With Tata AIG’s travel insurance for Saudi Arabia policy, you can get all the features mentioned above and more. Our international travel insurance will offer you a substantial amount of financial shield during your international trip to Saudi Arabia.
Benefits offered by the Tata AIG travel insurance for Saudi Arabia plan
With Tata AIG’s travel insurance for Saudi Arabia from India plan, you can benefit from different travel insurance policy coverage options. Some of which are listed below:
1. Baggage Cover - If during your trip to Saudi Arabia, you end up losing your luggage in transit or if it gets delayed at any of the airports, the Tata AIG baggage coverage will provide financial assistance for the same. This coverage option is included with our travel insurance for Saudi Arabia policy, and with this, you can opt for full reimbursement for the cost of every single item in your checked-in luggage upto the limit stated in the policy document.
2. Journey Cover - With Tata AIG’s travel insurance from India to Saudi Arabia, you will get absolute coverage for your trip. It will include financial protection against the loss of your passport, the flight delay or cancellation, cancellation of your hotel bookings, etc.
3. Medical Cover- The Tata AIG travel insurance for Saudi Arabia plan is designed perfectly to provide you with the essential monetary coverage during any kind of illness or any sudden accident during the trip that requires hospitalisation.
If you fall sick or meet with an accident in the country that requires you to get hospitalised, our medical coverage will have you financially covered. Keeping in mind the current pandemic scenario, you can also get coverage against any Covid-19 related medical emergencies in a foreign land.
1. Miscellaneous Benefits
- Travel insurance for Saudi Arabia plans start at an affordable rate of just ₹45.5 per day*.
- Travel insurance policy purchasing can be done online through the Tata AIG website with no additional requirements of a thorough medical check-up.
- There is complete ease of paying the travel insurance policy premiums in Indian National Rupees and receiving the travel insurance Saudi Arabia plan coverage in Saudi Arabia.
Saudi Arabia Visa and Entry Information
Visa Information for Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia expects every single visitor to have a valid visa in hand in order to enter the Kingdom. You can apply for a visa for the country from your nearest Saudi Arabian Embassy or Consulate. The country also offers the ease of applying for a visa online for the residents of 49 nations, including India. Hence, you need to choose the right visa depending upon the purpose of your visit.
Here is a list of the Saudi Arabian visas for the Indian travellers
1. Tourist Visa – This one is meant for the tourists travelling to the country for leisure.
2. Business Visa – If you wish to travel to Saudi Arabia for business purposes, you need to get this visa approved by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
3. Religious Visa – Muslims from all over the world need to apply for this visa through the website of the Ministry of Hajj.
4. Work Permit/Residence Visa – If you intend to stay in Saudi Arabia for more than three months, you will need to have a valid Iqama; a residential permit.
Process of Application for a Saudi Arabian Visa
In order to apply for a Saudi Arabian visa, you need to fill in the application form on the website of MoFA. After submitting the form, you will have to take out a printout of the form and submit the same to your nearest Consulate or Embassy along with a few necessary documents. Here’re the documents that you will need to apply for a visa for your Saudi Arabian trip –
- Passport/visa size photographs of the applicants'
- Copy of the first and last page of your valid passport
- Dully filled application form
- Return flight tickets
Entry Information of Saudi Arabia from India
All visitors from India to Saudi Arabia needs to have the following documents in place –
- Proof of vaccination
- Return flight tickets
- Accommodation proof
- A valid Indian passport with a validity of at least 6 months
- Proof of sufficient amount in the bank account for sustaining throughout the trip
- A valid Saudi Arabian Visa issued by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia Visa Application Centres in India
|OFFICE OF THE SAUDI HEALTH EMPLOYMENT, NEW DELHI C-14, Anand Niketan, New Delhi 110021, India.||0091-11-46009700 email@example.com|
Saudi Arabia Trip: Safety and Precautionary Measures to Be Undertaken
Once you are in Saudi Arabia, you should always obey the local safety protocols for avoiding any unnecessary incidents. Some of the general safety measures are listed below -
- The country is safe and has very low crime rates. However, you need to be aware of pickpocketing and mugging by staying vigilant in crowded places.
- Always keep your passport and other mandated documents safe and with you.
- Try to avoid visiting the border areas with Iraq and Yemen if you are worried about terrorist attacks during the trip.
- Do not unnecessarily participate in any demonstrations.
- If you find yourself amid any large local gatherings or protests, quickly take shelter in a safe place nearby.
- Keep following the local news and adjust your travel itinerary accordingly.
- Respect the local laws and regulations posed by the Saudi Arabian government and authorities.
- Do not be a part of any unlawful activities or violate the dignity of public places.
- The locals follow the Wahhabism branch of Islam. Try to be respectful towards them.
- Carry a decent amount of cash along with you, as credit cards are mostly not accepted in the local markets.
- Do not travel to any remote places without proper knowledge about the same. Take help from local authorities always.
- Always use official and legal means of transport.
- Learn some common Arabic words as English isn’t a commonly spoken language there.
- Be mindful of your visa validity in Saudi Arabia and ensure that you do not overstay in the country without a valid visa.
- Protect your luggage, passport, and other belongings, especially in crowded spaces and tourist spots.
Opt for the best travel insurance for Saudi Arabia policy to have maximum financial support during your journey.
Covid-19 Specific Safety Gidelines
- Cover your nose and mouth with a mask, especially in public places and while using public transport.
- Always maintain social distancing.
- Cooperate with the local Saudi Arabian government and designated authorities, and follow the applicable Covid-19 guidelines.
- Monitor yourself for any Covid-19 symptoms. Self-isolate and get tested in case you develop any of the symptoms.
If you have the right travel insurance for Saudi Arabia policy with yourself, you will not have to worry about the financial altercations that may arise if you end up contracting the Covid-19 virus during your trip to and from the country.
The Indian Embassy in Saudi Arabia
|Embassy of India, Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia||B-1, Diplomatic Quarter, PO Box 94387, Riyadh 11693, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia||Telephone: 011-4884144/ 4884691 Fax: 011-4884750|
Major International Airports in Saudi Arabia
- King Khalid International Airport, Riyadh
- King Fahad International Airport, Dammam
- King Abdul-Aziz International Airport, Jeddah
- Prince Mohammad bin Abdul-Aziz International Airport, Madinah
A Few Most Exciting Things to Do in Saudi Arabia
When you are in Saudi Arabia, you would be overwhelmed with choices to explore. From amazing local souks to places to worship and lip-smacking food, you will be spoilt for choices. Here are a few things that you shouldn’t miss out on while on your first-ever trip to Saudi Arabia –
- Grab a bite of the delicious Saudi Arabian Shawarma and we are sure you will not be able to have just one bite of it! Shawarma is one of the most popular food items in the country and quite rightfully so! In India, you haven’t even tasted 1% of what a real Saudi Arabian shawarma is.
- Do not forget to visit Al-Ula. It is one of the popular tourist destinations in Saudi Arabia. It was once the centre of trade and commerce in the country. Today, this famous archaeological spot has numerous remnants for visitors that are thousands of years old.
- If you are fond of exciting nightlife, you can pay a visit to one of the several dance bars and discos. You can enjoy non-stop live music in almost each one of them. Riyadh often organises different concerts and musical evenings where you can spend an entire evening enjoying pop, jazz, and all other sorts of music.
- Your trip to Saudi Arabia will not be complete without taking a trip to the National Heritage, which is a very popular Saudi Arabian Museum in Riyadh. This beautiful museum boasts eight different kinds of exhibition halls that are based on thrilling themes like the Man and Universe, the Pre-Islamic Era, and the enigmatic Arabian Kingdom.
Best Time to Visit Saudi Arabia
The best time to visit Saudi Arabia is during the months of November to February. During these months, the weather in Saudi Arabia remains pleasant and the outside temperature is average, which makes it perfect to tour around. You should avoid planning your trip to Saudi Arabia in the summer months between April and October. During this time the weather is hot and humid.
All the information mentioned above is well-researched and sourced from reliable sources. Since this information is subject to change, it is advisable to check the latest travel guidelines and other location-specific information before planning a trip to any location.
*Subject to change based on the nature and extent of the coverage.
Frequently Asked Question
1. How to buy travel insurance for Saudi Arabia plan?
If you wish to opt for travel insurance for Saudi Arabia policy with Tata AIG, you can directly visit our website and select the international travel insurance under the products section. Fill in the required personal information, select the right coverage options you wish to have in your travel insurance policy, and make the payment online. If you want, you can also add some additional covers to your travel insurance policy for Saudi Arabia with us, including the following.
- Medical coverage
- Baggage coverage
- Journey coverage
Once you have opted for the necessary coverage options on your travel insurance for Saudi Arabia plan, you can pay through your desired payment option online and complete the purchase process of the insurance policy. Upon verification, we will send the policy to your registered email ID.
2. Is it mandatory to buy travel insurance for Saudi Arabia plan to visit the country?
No, it is not mandatory to have travel insurance for Saudi Arabia for your trip to this country. However, it is strongly recommended for you to have one as it will keep your finances safe during any trip-related mishaps. Also, if you are looking for affordable plans, do check the price of your travel insurance Saudi Arabia plan with our Travel Insurance Premium Calculator online.
3. What is not included in a travel insurance Saudi Arabia plan?
Certain things will not be included in your international travel insurance policy for Saudi Arabia. For instance, if you lose your passport or if it is detained or confiscated by the police or any other official authorities, or if you lose your belongings due to a threat to national security like riots, it won’t be covered by your plan. Also, any other non-medical expenses that you incur will not be covered under the plan. Moreover, if you incur any medical condition while travelling against the advice of your doctor or due to a pre-existing disease-related emergency, it will not be covered.
4. Do I need to buy a separate plan for my family member/spouse?
No. You can go for a family insurance plan where you will have to pay one single premium amount and you can get coverage for the whole family.
5. If there is a change in my travel dates to Saudi Arabia, can I make the changes to the travel dates mentioned in the policy?
Yes, you can change the travel dates mentioned in the policy before the commencement of your travel insurance plan, which is the same as your date of travel.
6. When will my travel insurance Saudi Arabia from Tata AIG end?
The end date of your travel insurance policy will be mentioned on your policy document. For single trip policies, the travel insurance ends as soon as your trip ends and you return to your city of residence. For multi-trip policies, you can check the dates on your policy document.
7. If I immigrate to Saudi Arabia, do I need a travel insurance plan for the same?
No. A travel insurance plan will not cover you if you are immigrating to Saudi Arabia. Your travel insurance Saudi Arabia plan from Tata AIG will only cover your expenses if you are going there for leisure, studies, or work.