Travel Insurance New Zealand From India
Best Travel Insurance for New Zealand
New Zealand is a beautiful country that has a lot to offer to its visitors from around the globe. From skydiving to sailing, you will not be disappointed or bored on your trip to New Zealand. If you have been planning to visit this magnificent country, you are probably making the right vacation choice for yourself!
New Zealand has something special to offer to all its visitors, irrespective of their age groups and interests. The country is blessed with stunning landscapes, and those are an absolute treat to the eyes. Also, if you are a beach lover, a trip to the Coromandel Peninsula will offer you an experience like never before with its spectacular golden sand beaches.
From spotting dolphins and albatrosses to hiking through the Abel Tasman National Park, a trip to New Zealand could be a dream come true for you. However, once you have decided on your trip and booked your tickets, you must not forget about opting for travel insurance NZ from India.
With Tata AIG, you can find the best travel insurance for New Zealand from India at the most affordable price. Also, with our travel insurance premium calculator online, you can check the price of your New Zealand travel policy and then choose one that’s comfortable with your budget and insurance needs.
At Tata AIG, you can find travel insurance plans for your international trips that start from as low as just ₹40.82 per day*. Also, our online purchase, renewal, and claiming process of travel insurance New Zealand policies is absolutely easy and hassle-free. If you are travelling with your family, you can purchase the family travel insurance plan for New Zealand.
Major Benefits of Buying the Best Travel Insurance for New Zealand
The coastal locales of New Zealand will offer numerous stunning spots that are worth exploring while on your trip to the country.
However, if you aren’t well-prepared in advance, you may fall prey to several unannounced trip-related adversities. For instance, you may fall sick with the COVID-19 virus; you may meet with an accident, you may end up losing your luggage or passport, and so on. And in such cases, whom do you ask for help in an unknown place?
Hence, to keep your financial hassles & emotional worries at bay during any of such mishaps, you should have a valid travel insurance policy by your side!
Here are some of the major advantages of having a travel insurance New Zealand plan with Tata AIG –
- Local journey assistance
- Flight hijack cover
- Coverage for the loss or delay of luggage
- Cover against personal liabilities
- Cover against hospitalisation due to accidents, illnesses, and COVID-19 care to the tune of $5,00,000
- Cover against medical emergencies due to Accident & Sickness, including the treatment of Covid-19 during the trip, if hospitalised with our travel medical insurance
- With Tata AIG, buy travel insurance for New Zealand visitors from India in a hassle-free and fast way
- Affordable travel policy for New Zealand from India starting at just ₹40.82 per day*
- Automatic extension of your travel insurance India to New Zealand plan for up to 60 days or date of discharge, whichever is lesser in the event of hospitalisation close to the expiry date of the insurance plan
- Automatic 7-day extension of your travel insurance NZ plan due to the cancellation or delay of your flight back to India
Travel Insurance for New Zealand Visitors from India
New Zealand, along with its beautiful natural landscapes, also boasts of rich historical & cultural backgrounds and kind natives. The Maori locals who are indigenous to the islands play an integral part in New Zealand and its vibrant culture. Hence, taking a trip to this beautiful country could be your perfect opportunity to blend with their culture and feel a part of them. Also, New Zealand will have something unique to offer for nature-lovers and adventure-junkies.
However, to experience a worry-free trip to New Zealand, you should ensure the absolute security of your trip. This is important because when you are in an unknown country, you will never gauge what may await you. But, with a travel insurance New Zealand policy, you can at least have solid financial support.
A travel insurance NZ policy will offer you just the right kind of financial backing during your trip to a different country. If you meet with an accident in New Zealand, even though you can get help from the locals, you may feel helpless with no known faces around. But with the best travel insurance for New Zealand, you can keep all your worries at bay! Our overseas travel policy will cover all kinds of medical adversities and treatment costs during your trip. Also, if you lose your luggage or passport, your valid travel insurance plan for New Zealand will compensate for the same.
At Tata AIG, you can buy travel insurance India to New Zealand plans to cover a wide range of accidental events that may arise during your trip. Therefore, if you have booked your tickets for New Zealand, it’s just the right time to opt for a Tata AIG travel insurance policy online.
Why Do You Need Travel Insurance NZ from India?
When you plan your trip to New Zealand, you should research well about every single thing to make your trip worthwhile. However, when you are on vacation in a different nation, mishaps may occur at any point in time. And to come out of such situations, you will need robust financial support. Hence, even though travel policy for New Zealand isn’t mandatory, it is well recommended for anyone who is planning a trip to this country anytime soon.
Moreover, keeping in mind the vulnerability of health conditions due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, it’s always better to be prepared well in advance. This way, you will ensure that you will come back with nothing but only a bag full of happy memories!
It is also advisable for you to check the local travel advisory as set by the New Zealand government before departing for the trip. Also, you must always opt for a robust international travel insurance plan. This is prudent because your travel policy will keep you financially protected during several uncertain events.
However, when buying a travel insurance plan online, it’s also important to go through different options, compare them, and then choose the right one. At Tata AIG’s official website, with the help of our travel insurance premium calculator online, you can browse through the insurance policy prices and then choose the one that’s not only affordable but also comes with wide coverage options. You must understand that your chosen travel insurance should have proper medical assistance, trip cancellation/extension coverage, luggage loss coverage, passport loss coverage, repatriation coverage, and so on.
With Tata AIG’s travel insurance NZ plan online, you can get all the features mentioned above and a lot more. Our travel insurance plans will offer you a great deal of financial protection during your international trip to New Zealand.
Benefits offered by the Tata AIG travel insurance NZ policy
With Tata AIG’s travel insurance NZ policy online, you can avail of the advantages of several travel insurance coverage options. Some of which are listed below:
1. Baggage Cover - If during your trip to the picturesque locales of New Zealand, you end up losing your luggage in transit, or if it gets delayed at any of the connecting airports, Tata AIG’s baggage cover will provide financial assistance for the loss. This coverage option is included with our travel insurance NZ plan, and with this, you can opt for full reimbursement for the cost of every single item in your checked-in luggage.
2. Journey Cover - With Tata AIG’s travel insurance for New Zealand from India, you will get complete coverage for your entire journey. It will include financial protection against the loss of your passport, the flight delay or cancellation, cancellation of your hotel bookings, etc.
3. Medical Cover - The Tata AIG travel insurance New Zealand plan is designed in a way to provide you with the needed monetary coverage during any kind of illness or any sudden accident during the trip that may require hospitalisation.
If you fall sick or meet with an accident in the Philippines that requires you to get hospitalised, our medical coverage will have you financially covered. Keeping in mind the current pandemic scenario, you can also get coverage against any Covid-19 related medical emergencies in the foreign land.
4. Miscellaneous Benefits -
- Travel insurance NZ plans start at an affordable rate of just ₹40.82 per day*.
- You can do travel insurance purchasing online through the Tata AIG website with no additional requirements of a thorough medical check-up.
- There is complete ease of paying the travel insurance premiums in Indian National Rupees and receiving the travel insurance New Zealand coverage in New Zealand.
To get the best travel insurance for New Zealand, always compare travel Insurance plans with the help of our online travel insurance premium calculator.
New Zealand Visa and Entry Information
Visa Information For New Zealand
For travelling to New Zealand from India, you will need a valid New Zealand visa as per the duration and the type of your visit to the country. Here are the most common visa options for Indians travelling to New Zealand –
Tourist Visa – If you visit the country as a tourist, you will have to apply for this visa. Student Visa – If you are going to study in a school, college, or university in New Zealand and have a valid acceptance letter from the institution, you will need this visa. Transit Visa – If your travel requires you to transit through New Zealand, you will need to opt for this visa well in advance. Work Visa – For those who have got a job in New Zealand, a work visa is necessary.
New Zealand Visa Fees for Indians
To get a New Zealand Visa from India, there are certain specific fees that Indians need to pay. The following table specifies the New Zealand Visa fees for Indians who wish to apply for the same to visit the country –
|New Zealand Visa Category||Fees in Rupees (INR)*|
|Tourist Visa (for 90 days)||₹14,200.00|
|Work VisaWork Visa||₹17,035.12|
Process of Application for a New Zealand Visa
The visa application process for New Zealand is pretty simple. You will need to fill up the application form online and submit the same with a few important supporting documents.
Click here to find the online application form for your New Zealand visa.
Here are the documents you need to have to apply for a New Zealand visa –
- Original passport and old passports (Validity of 6 months)
- 2 recently taken passport size photographs with a white background
- Travel Itinerary along with proof of stay, hotel bookings, the purpose of visit, and duration
- All documents should be verified and signed by Immigration New Zealand, New Delhi
- Income Tax Returns of the last 3 years
- Financial Statements, bank records verified by the bank
- Employed individuals must submit their leave letter and salary slips at least for the last 3 months
- If they are self-employed then they must submit a certificate that is proof of their company being registered and a cover letter on the company letterhead
New Zealand Visa Application Centres in India
|Address||Contact Number||Working Hours|
|Third Floor, Urmi Axis Building, Behind Famous Studio, Opp. E Moses Road, Mahalaxmi (West), Mumbai – 400 01100051||022 67866053||Passport collection: Monday to Friday 15:00 – 17:00 Submission hours for applicants: Monday to Friday 09:00 – 15:00 Submission hours for travel agents: Monday to Friday 09:00 – 13:firstname.lastname@example.org|
|New Zealand Visa Application Centre, Mezzanine Floor, Baba Kadak Singh Marg, Shivaji Stadium Metro Station, Connaught Place, New Delhi - 110001, India||https://visa.vfsglobal.com/ind/en/nzl/attend-centre/newdelhi||Passport collection: Monday to Friday 15:00 – 17:00
Submission hours for applicants: Monday to Friday 09:00 – 15:00
Submission hours for travel agents: Monday to Friday 09:00 – 13:00
New Zealand Trip: Safety and Precautionary Measures to Be Undertaken
When you are in New Zealand, you should always obey the local safety protocols for avoiding any unnecessary incidents. Some general safety measures are listed below -
- Always keep your passport safe and with you.
- Do not unnecessarily participate in any demonstrations.
- If you find yourself amid large local gatherings or protests, quickly take shelter in a safe place nearby.
- Keep following the local news and adjust your travel itinerary accordingly.
- Respect the local laws and regulations posed by the New Zealand government.
- Do not be a part of any unlawful activities or violate the dignity of public places.
- Do not travel to any remote locations without proper knowledge about the same. Take help from local authorities.
- Always use official and legal means of transport.
- Be mindful of your visa validity in Indonesia and ensure that you do not overstay in the country without a valid visa.
- Protect your baggage, passport, and other essential belongings, especially in crowded spaces and tourist spots.
- Opt for the best travel insurance for New Zealand policy to have maximum financial support during your journey.
Covid-19 specific safety guidelines
- Cover your nose and mouth with a mask, especially in public places and while using public transport.
- Always maintain social distancing.
- Cooperate with the local Chinese government and designated authorities, and follow the Covid-19 guidelines.
- Monitor yourself for any Covid-19 symptoms. Self-isolate and get tested in case you develop any of the symptoms.
If you have the right travel insurance NZ policy in hand, you will not have to worry about the financial difficulties that may arise if you end up contracting the Covid-19 virus during your trip to and from New Zealand.
The Indian Embassy in New Zealand
|High Commission of India, Wellington, New Zealand||Ranchhod Tower, Level-2, 102-112, Lambton Quay, Wellington-6011 PO Box:4045||Telephone: +64-4-4736390 Fax: +64-4-4990665|
Major International Airports in New Zealand
- Auckland International Airport
- Christchurch International Airport
- Dunedin International Airport
- Queenstown International Airport
- Wellington International Airport
Currency and Foreign Exchange
The official currency of New Zealand is the New Zealand dollar. The foreign exchange for the New Zealand dollar is NZD. The currencies of Australia and New Zealand are some of the most widely traded cross pairs in the forex market. The New Zealand dollar is colloquially referred to as the “kiwi,” which is a bird native to the country and it also appears on the country’s $1 coin.
For the Latest INR to New Zealand conversion rate, check here:
A Few Must-Visit the New Zealand Tourist Places
New Zealand is 280 miles wide and 1,000 miles long and is home to less than five million people. However, this narrow and long country consists of a huge variety of places to visit and things to see. From skiing on the snow-capped mountains to basking on the subtropical beaches, there are lots to do in New Zealand. Here is a simple list of must-visit places in the country that must be there in your travel list –
Rotorua is well-known amongst travellers for its geothermal features and Maori culture and is located in the central North Island. If you are short on time, you can visit this place while on a day trip from Auckland. However, it’s a convenient stop when travelling through the North Island. Places like Hell’s Gate, Wai-O-Tapu, or Orakei Korako are great options for bubbling mud pools, boiling geysers, and colourful rock formations.
The Coromandel Peninsula spreads across 50 miles into the Hauraki Gulf and goes till the Firth of the Thames from Auckland. This place is a microcosm of all that’s great in northern New Zealand. Here you will find an amazing mix of stunning beaches, hiking trails, and creative, laid-back towns. During low tide, you can also dig a few inches down the sand in the Hot Water Beach to create your own natural hot spring bath. Spending a day at Cathedral Cove, one of New Zealand’s most beautiful beaches, should be on your bucket list.
Tongariro National Park
Tongariro National Park is located on the high central plateau of central North Island. It is a dual UNESCO World Heritage Site and is listed both for its natural and cultural significance. This park's most sights and activities revolve around three volcanic peaks: Mounts Tongariro, Ruapehu, and Ngauruhoe. The Tongariro Alpine Crossing is a soberly exciting day hike that you must not miss if you are fond of hiking. If you visit during winter, you must ski at the Whakapapa or Turoa ski fields.
If you are fond of wine, Hawke’s Bay could be your place to be when in New Zealand as it’s a premier wine-producing region and also the oldest one with more than 200 vineyards. This area is popular for its sunny climate, Art Deco appeal, and the world’s largest gannet colony. Particularly, the city of Napier is famous for its Art Deco architecture because, after a huge earthquake in 1931, much of the city was rebuilt in this style.
Best Time to Visit New Zealand
New Zealand is situated in the Southern hemisphere and, therefore, shares the same temperature cycle as Australia. The best time to visit the country is during the summer season, from December to January. During these months, it’s cold in other parts of the world. However, the temperature in New Zealand differs from one region to another because of its diverse landscape. This means, when you plan your trip to New Zealand, the temperature would be ideal for your trip.
Disclaimer All the information mentioned above is well-researched and sourced from reliable sources. Since this information is subject to change, it is advisable to check the latest travel guidelines and other location-specific information before planning a trip to any location. *Subject to change based on the nature and extent of the coverage.
Frequently Asked Question
How to buy a travel insurance New Zealand plan?
Suppose you wish to opt for travel insurance for New Zealand visitors from India policy with Tata AIG. In that case, you can directly visit our website and select the international travel insurance under the products section. Fill in the required personal information, select the right coverage options you wish to have in your travel policy, and make the payment online. If you want, you can also add some additional covers to your travel insurance for New Zealand with us, including the following.
- Medical coverage
- Baggage coverage
- Journey coverage
Once you have opted for the necessary coverage options on your travel insurance for New Zealand from India plan, you can pay through your desired payment option online and complete the purchase process of the insurance policy. Upon verification, we will send the policy to your registered email ID.
How much should I pay for a travel insurance NZ plan?
The premium payment for your travel insurance New Zealand will depend upon various factors, including the duration of your stay in the Philippines and the sum insured you choose. It is advisable to select an appropriate sum assured in order to have sufficient coverage during your trip.
This becomes even more important if you are planning your trip with your family. With the Tata AIG travel insurance New Zealand plans, you can avail of the excellent coverage benefits at a price that won’t need you to break the bank! You can determine the price of your travel insurance NZ policy with our Travel Insurance Premium Calculator.
What are the exclusions in the travel insurance NZ plan?
Some of the exclusions in an international travel insurance plan are loss of passport or delays due to detention or confiscation by the police or any other authorities, any loss due to threat to national security like riots, and non-medical expenses that you incur. Moreover, if a medical emergency is caused if you travel against the advice of your doctor and pre-existing disease-related emergencies will not be covered.
Does the travel insurance New Zealand plan have a free-look period?
We offer a 15-day free look period on annual and multi-trip policies. But if you are purchasing a single trip policy for your trip to New Zealand, no free look period is provided to you.
If there is a change in my travel dates to New Zealand, can I make the changes to the travel dates mentioned in the policy?
Yes, you can change the travel dates mentioned in the policy before the commencement of your travel insurance plan, which is the same as your date of travel.
When will my travel insurance New Zealand from Tata AIG end?
The end date of your international travel insurance plan will be mentioned on your policy document. For single trip policies, the travel insurance NZ ends as soon as your trip ends and you return to your city of residence. For multi-trip policies, you can check the dates on your policy document.
I am immigrating to New Zealand, do I need a travel insurance plan?
We provide travel insurance for work, leisure, and business purposes. You can also buy a travel insurance New Zealand plan if you are travelling for study purposes. If you are planning to migrate, the travel insurance plan will not be able to cover you.