Vietnam Visa for Indians
Vietnam Visa for Indians
Secure your trip to Vietnam with Tata AIG’s travel insurance plan starting at 45.5/day*.
Vietnam receives thousands of tourists annually, and a significant portion of that is made up of Indian tourists. It has much to offer its many visitors with its beautiful coastline, rich history, diverse culture and mouth-watering food. Vietnam is also famous amongst the Indian audience as getting there from India is quick and easy. Moreover, it is a great place to go with family because you can find something for everyone to do. From hikes up jagged peaks for adventurous people to sprawling beaches for those wanting to relax, you can get it all in one trip.
But before you start planning your Vietnam trip, you must have all the necessary paperwork. And leading the list of important paperwork is your Vietnam visa. This is because you cannot begin your trip until you have your visa in hand. The good news is that you can get a Vietnam e-visa for Indians, and acquiring it is simple.
When thinking about your visa, you should also be thinking about a travel insurance plan. Getting international travel insurance allows you to enjoy your trip more thoroughly as you know you are financially taken care of in many situations. Furthermore, you can also find assurance in the fact that your travel insurance plan will come to your aid in some extreme situations, should you have to face them.
Tata AIG’s international travel insurance plan offers you comprehensive care at affordable rates. You also get to customise your plans as per your needs so that you can cover all the bases. Furthermore, we offer you a hassle-free travel insurance claim process to ensure you get your dues, should you need them. So when planning a trip to Vietnam, choose Tata AIG’s international travel insurance as your partner.
Vietnam Tourist Visa for Indians
Vietnam has become a popular tourist destination in the last few years, with more and more people appreciating all the country has to offer. However, if you are someone who wishes to experience the sights and sounds of the Southeast Asian country, you will first need to apply for a Vietnam visa. You will not be able to access the country unless you have a valid Vietnam visa for Indians.
But you need not worry about getting your visa for Vietnam as the process is fairly simple. You can apply for a Vietnam e-visa for Indians or get it physically. Your visa is a single-entry visa and stays valid for 30 days from the date of commencement on your trip. You must always apply for a Vietnam e-visa for Indians as it means you save time.
There are a few documents you need to present when you apply for your Vietnam visa, and if you have these documents in place, you should have no problem getting your visa, allowing you to enter Vietnam and enjoy all the country has to offer.
Vietnam Visa for Indians –The Application Process
As we have already mentioned above, there are two ways in which you can apply for a Vietnam visa. You can either opt for a Vietnam e-visa for Indians or apply for your visa physically. As implied, both application methods have different procedures one needs to follow, and we will be elaborating on both for your convenience.
Applying for Vietnam e-Visa for Indians
The steps to apply for a Vietnam e-visa or a Vietnam visa on arrival are as follows;
- Go to the official Vietnam e-visa application portal
- Click on apply
- Scan the information and photo page on your passport and upload these scanned pictures in JPG format.
- Provide your details and any details of your trip being asked for on your screen
- Pay the visa fees online through any of the e-payment models being offered.
You should hear back from the visa office in 3-5 days, and if your visa is approved, you will be issued an approval letter stating the same. You can find this letter on the e-visa portal after your application has been approved. You need to enter your registration details, email address and date of birth to access this letter. Once you can access this letter, take a printout of the same. You must show this letter to the immigration authorities, pay the stamping fee, and get your e-visa stamped. The stamped e-visa will act as a Vietnam visa on arrival for Indians.
Applying for a Vietnam Visa Physically
If you wish to physically apply for your Vietnam visa, you can do so through the VFS office. The steps you need to follow for this application are as follows;
- Go to the VFS Global Vietnam Visa Application Centre closest to you with a visa application form and your valid passport
- Once at the centre, you will need to collect a token from the security official and wait your turn
- You will need to go to the counter you are called to when your token number is announced
- Submit your application to the VFS officer along with all the other necessary documents that are being asked for. Check that all the fields are filled on your visa application form and that they are filled correctly
- Pay the visa application fee and the service charge. You can pay your visa fees electronically, but the service charge needs to be paid in cash
- You can choose to get your visa couriered to you via courier or ask to be notified when it arrives at the Embassy and collect it from there.
Check where your closest VFS office is located and make your arrangements to get there accordingly. You may not find an office in your city, so if you need to travel to reach an office, keep some time in hand for your journey.
Vietnam Visa Types for Indians
For Indians who wish to travel to Vietnam, the following are the visa types available to you.
Vietnam Tourist Visa- If you are someone who wishes to visit Vietnam for a short period (holiday or tourism), this is the visa you need to opt for. You are not permitted to conduct business or take classes in Vietnam if you are in the country on this visa.
Vietnam Business Visa- You can use this short-term visa if you are in Vietnam for a temporary business-related purpose like signing a contract, meeting an investor, or attending a conference. You are not permitted to take up employment if you are in the country with this visa.
Vietnam Work Visa- If you are someone who wishes to carry out business in Vietnam or have found legal employment in Vietnam, you are eligible for this long-term visa.
Vietnam Diplomatic Visa- If you are a government official or a foreign diplomat visiting Vietnam, you will be issued the Vietnam Diplomatic Visa. If you are travelling with family, they will also be granted this visa.
Vietnam Student or Internship Visa- If you are a student who has gained admission to a Vietnamese institution or are a fresher with an internship in a Vietnamese company, this is the visa for you.
Vietnam Investor Visa- This is a special visa granted to only those who will be investing their money in a business in Vietnam.
Vietnam Transit Visa- If you will be landing in the Vietnamese airport only to catch a flight to a different country but need to be in a Vietnamese airport’s international transit area, you need to have a Vietnam Transit Visa.
Who Should Apply for a Vietnam Visa for Indians?
If you are an Indian who wishes to visit Vietnam for any reason, from tourism to business, you must apply for a visa. If you do not have a visa before you can get to Vietnam, you still have the option to get it at the Vietnam airport, given that you have applied for a Vietnam e-visa for Indians. You need to determine which category of visa you require as that determines the actions you can perform in Vietnam to a large extent.
When applying for your visa, take stock of the documents you require to submit and have them ready with you in advance. This helps speed up the process and makes getting the visa much easier. Remember that you will not be able to pass immigration without your Vietnam visa, so ensure you have the visa or e-visa with you before reaching Vietnam.
When Should One Apply for a Vietnam Tourist Visa from India?
You should always apply for your visa well in advance, but since Vietnam has two options, your timing should depend on which kind of visa you are applying for. If you are applying for a visa physically, you should apply for it well in advance, as it could take some time for it to come through. You also need to factor in that you need to apply for the visa from a VFS office which does not exist in every city in the country. If you are not from any of the cities where an office is, you will need to travel to these cities to get your visa and then wait for the courier with the visa to reach you once your application is complete. It is, thus, best to start the process 30-45 days before your trip.
If you are opting for a Vietnam visa on arrival, you must apply for the Vietnam e-visa online. In most cases, your approval letter comes to you within 2-3 working days. You also have other options where if you need to go to Vietnam urgently, you can get your letter in 4-8 hours and if it is very important, you can get it in as less as 30 minutes. Once you have the letter, you need to get a printout, show it at a Vietnam international airport, and pay the stamping fee.
Documents Required for Vietnam Visa for Indians
To get a visa for Vietnam, you need to be able to furnish the following documents;
- The visa application form
- An Indian passport valid for at least 6 months from the date of the commencement of your trip. Your passport must have a minimum of two blank pages for the Vietnam visa stamp.
- Two coloured passport-size photographs.
- The visa approval letter in case of your e-visa
- Proof of the payment of your visa fees and the amount necessary for the stamping fee in Vietnamese currency for your e-visa.
- Proof that you have adequate funds to sustain yourself while in Vietnam
- Your round-trip tickets
- Proof of accommodation
Vietnam Visa Cost for Indians
The Vietnam visa cost for Indians varies depending on the mode of your application. You need to pay a different fee if you opt for a Vietnam e-visa and a different fee for a physical visa. These charges have been tabulated for your convenience.
|Application Mode||Fees in ₹|
|E-visa followed by visa on arrival||₹1200 for the e-visa and visa letter and ₹1800 as the stamping fee at the Vietnam airport|
|Through VFS and Embassy||₹4400|
*The Vietnam tourist visa cost for Indians varies depending on the Indian rupee and Vietnamese dong conversion rate.
International Travel Insurance from Tata AIG for Vietnam
Travelling to a new place can be a liberating experience. You are surrounded by new sights, cultures and experiences, allowing you to try things you may never have before. Most people go out of their comfort zones while on holiday and try things they otherwise would not. And to truly get into the spirit of a vacation, one must feel free. This can only happen if you feel that the burden of responsibilities has shifted from your shoulders a little. But how do you do this when you are in a new place and have a lingering fear that things might go wrong?
You can truly enjoy yourself on your trip to Vietnam if you have a reliable travel insurance plan. With the right travel insurance plan, you can get covers for a wide range of issues you might face while on your trip. From lost baggage to flight cancellations, from medical aid to evacuation if the need arises, your international travel insurance is like the companion who stands by you in all your difficulties.
Even though Vietnam does not necessitate having a travel insurance plan, you should never travel abroad without one. Having the right international travel insurance prevents you from feeling vulnerable in a foreign land. You know you can also lean on your travel insurance plan should things go wrong, which helps you feel secure no matter where you may be.
Tata AIG’s travel insurance plan ensures you never have to face any trouble alone. Our covers are customised so that should any problem arise, you can count on us to bail you out. Further, our plans are affordable, making them accessible to a larger cross-section of people, and the many years of our success in the insurance market have made us a top choice for most travellers. So, when choosing international travel insurance, always choose Tata AIG!
Travelling to Vietnam- Post-COVID Restrictions
As of 15th May 2022, Vietnam authorities have lifted all Covid restrictions, and their borders are open to both vaccinated and non-vaccinated travellers. But if you notice yourself having any Covid-like symptoms, it is assumed that you will be responsible and not try to make your way into the country.
However, countries are constantly changing their Covid guidelines based on their requirements, so do not forget to check for the latest updates before heading to Vietnam.
Reasons for the Rejection of your Vietnam Visa Application
There are very few visa applications that get rejected when it comes to Vietnam. They are generally very accepting of all travellers, regardless of the country of origin. If you have all your documents in place, you should not face any trouble while applying for a visa for Vietnam.
There are only a few instances when your application may be withheld. They are:
- If your visa form is incomplete or if the information provided therein by you is incorrect
- If you are a proven immigration law offender
- If the details on your application form do not match your documents
- If there are indications that you may use your visa incorrectly
Things to Know About Vietnam
Knowing interesting facts about a place always makes going there a more enjoyable experience. Also, knowing things other people do not know is a great conversation starter among strangers and gives you bragging rights amongst family and friends.
So if you are going to Vietnam, here are a few fun facts that may help you:
- Vietnamese culture draws great influence from Chinese and European Cultures.
- One of the grandest festivals in Vietnam, the Hue Festival, is only celebrated in one city in the country.
- Tortoises are auspicious for the Vietnamese people.
- It is considered bad luck to gift anyone a yellow flower in Vietnam.
- The Eiffel Tower in France and the Long Bien Bridge in Vietnam share a common designer.
- Son Doong in Vietnam is the largest cave in the world and was discovered accidentally by a farmer.
- Vietnam celebrates a festival for ex-lovers called the ‘Love Market' festival.
- Vietnam is the second-largest producer of coffee in the world.
- Pho, the national dish of Vietnam, is now considered an international delicacy.
- Áo Dài, the national dress of Vietnam, was once worn by people of both genders.
- People in Vietnam regularly consume dog meat.
- Lizard fishing is among the favoured pastimes in Vietnam.
Places to See and Things to Do in Vietnam
If we were to start listing the things to see and do in Vietnam, we would never be able to draw it close. Still, we have compiled a list of the most popular and beloved things to experience in Vietnam. They are
- Take a boat ride on Halong Bay
- Bike through Hue
- Stroll through Ho Chi Minh city
- Swim in the Tu Lan Cave
- Cross the bridge at the iconic Tran Phu Street
- Go trekking on the Fansipan Mountain
- Enjoy Vietnamese city life in Hanoi
- Bask in the sun and sand at Nha Trang
- Explore the Cu Chi Tunnels
- Go Kayaking or take a cruise along the Lan Ha Bay
The display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and any other subject matter of intellectual property on this page pertains and belongs to their respective owners. The display of such intellectual properties on this page must not be construed as an indication of Tata AIG's association or partnership with the owners of said intellectual property.
Subject to change based on the nature, extent and duration of the travel insurance policy.
Frequently Asked Question
1. How long can I stay in Vietnam with a Tourist Visa?
You can stay in Vietnam for 30 days from the day you enter the country on a single visit tourist visa.
2. Can I visit Vietnam if my passport is valid for 2 months from the day I received my visa?
No. Your Indian passport needs to be valid for 6 months from the date of the commencement of your trip to Vietnam.
3. Which website should I access if I wish to get my e-visa?
If you wish to apply for an e-visa, you can do so on the official Vietnam Visa website.
4. Is there a support team I can contact if I need help with my visa application?
Yes, you can contact the support team by emailing them at email@example.com or calling them at (+84) 832 320 320.
5. If I misplace my passport while in Vietnam, how will my travel insurance plan from Tata AIG help me?
If you misplace your passport while in Vietnam, we will take care of the cost of getting you a new one.