Travel Germany Insurance
Travel Insurance Germany
Do you need travel insurance for Germany? Read on to know more!
Situated in Central Europe, Germany is a picturesque country surrounded by the North Sea and the Baltic Sea in the North. To the south of the historic nation lie the Alps. With its diverse landscapes and unique place in history, Germany is one of the most popular tourist destinations across the globe. From museums to memorials, architectural masterpieces to art galleries, there is something in the country to fascinate people from different socio-economic backgrounds and nationalities.
If you are planning a trip to Germany, it is advisable to purchase travel insurance for Germany to ensure that your trip is financially safeguarded.
The major benefits of having a travel insurance Germany plan are as follows.
- Travel assistance
- Coverage for loss or delay of baggage
- Hijack cover
- Local assistance
- Medical assistance to the tune of ₹5 lakhs with travel health insurance for Germany
- Cover against personal liability
- Cover for accident and sickness
- Reimbursement for the cancelled bookings for hotels or flights
- Automatic extension of your Germany travel insurance plan for 7 days in case of a delay or cancellation of your flight back home
- Reimbursement for emergency medical transportation, treatment, and the necessary medical supplies
- Feasible travel insurance Germany plans, including coverage for Covid-19
Travel Insurance for Germany from India
Travelling to an international destination like Germany requires substantial planning and forethought. The more planned you are, the better prepared you are to handle any unanticipated circumstances during your travels. Hence it is important to conduct sufficient research about the place you are travelling to and the applicable local laws for visitors. Furthermore, you must ensure that your travel arrangements are complete in time so as to avoid any last-minute glitches. You can also opt to buy a travel insurance plan for Germany online.
Irrespective of a high degree of planning, there are some events that are uncontrollable and may affect the implementation of your plans. The ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, for instance, has brought the entire world to a standstill and caused a massive disruption in international travel. There are strict entry restrictions in place in most countries, with a limited number of incoming and outgoing flights allowed.
Therefore, it is more important than ever before to be extremely thorough whilst planning your international trip and take border restrictions and Covid-19 resultant protocols into account. To reduce the level of uncertainty associated with global travel, you must add a layer of financial security to your journey to Germany by purchasing a travel insurance Germany plan.
Why Do You Need Travel Insurance from India to Germany?
No matter how thoroughly you plan for anything in life, there are always uncertainties lurking around the corner, carrying the power to send your plans into disarray. Planning for an international trip is a comprehensive task, one that requires accounting for contingencies. Therefore, you must secure your international travel plans by purchasing a suitable travel insurance policy.
If you are travelling to Germany, it is recommended to have an adequate Germany travel insurance policy so as to extend the necessary protection to the travelling party which may include friends and family. While selecting a travel insurance policy for Germany, you must ensure that the plan comprises a health insurance cover as well. If you or your co-travellers happen to fall ill during the trip, the aforementioned plan can provide you with substantial financial assistance.
A suitable Germany travel insurance plan is also of great help in the event of the loss or delay of baggage at any of the airports you pass through during your journey. With the excellent travel insurance Germany plans offered by Tata AIG, you can choose the coverage as per your insurance requirements and budget and stay financially secured against any adverse events during your journey.
Here are some of the benefits offered by the Tata AIG travel insurance Germany plan.
Here are some of the benefits offered by the Tata AIG travel insurance Germany plan.
- An insurance cover against the delay or cancellation of flights, the cancellation of hotel bookings, and the loss of passport during your trip
- Reimbursement of the required expenses in the event of the delay in arrival or loss of check-in baggage
- Covid-19 cover to provide you financial assistance if you test Covid positive during the trip
- Travel health insurance for Germany to financially support you in the wake of any accidents or sickness during your journey or stay in Germany
- Affordable policies with an extensive coverage
- Quick and easy purchase process for online Germany travel insurance without there being any comprehensive health check-up
- The flexibility to pay in Indian Rupees and get coverage in United States Dollars
Visa Information for Germany
Indian nationals planning to visit the central European nation of Germany can apply for the following categories of visas.
- Tourist Visa
If you are travelling to Germany as a tourist, you can apply for a tourist visa to the nation. The Schengen Tourist Visa is valid for a maximum period of 3 months. You can apply for a Schengen Tourist Visa at the German embassy or consulates in India. The Schengen Tourist Visa carries a fee of €80.
For Indian nationals visiting Germany to meet their relatives or friends, the visa category applicable is the aforementioned visa.
- Language Course Visa
If the purpose of your visit to Germany is learning the German language through a comprehensive course, you can apply for a Language Course Visa to the country. It is important to remember that the selected course must have a duration of 3 to 12 months, with at least 18 hours of lessons per week. This visa is usually granted for the duration of the language course and is extendable for up to one year under special cases.
- Student Applicant Visa
Indian nationals who have applied for an educational programme at a university in Germany and stand a substantial chance of admission can apply for a Student Application Visa. With the aforementioned visa, the applicant can participate in examinations, interviews, and other important pre-admission formalities in Germany. This visa can be converted into a Student Visa following their admission to a German university.
- Student Visa
If you have been accepted into an academic institution in Germany, you are required to apply for a Student Visa for the nation. Valid for a period of 3 months, a student visa has to be accompanied by a Residence Permit if your intended stay in Germany exceeds 3 months. The fee for a Student Visa to Germany is €75.
- Business Visa
For Indian citizens wishing to conduct business activities in Germany, a short-term Schengen Visa is required. A German Business Visa is valid for a stay of 90 days in the country spread across a maximum period of 6 months. With a fee of €80, a German Business Visa has two variants, namely a single-entry visa and a multiple-entry visa.
- Working/Employment Visa
If you are travelling to Germany to work in the country, you need to apply for a Germany Working/Employment Visa. This visa is a long-term visa and the validity of the visa is determined on the basis of the duration of your employment contract. It is permissible to seek an extension to your employment visa as long as your employment status remains unchanged.
In addition to the aforementioned visa categories, Indian nationals travelling to Germany can also apply for one of the following types of visas.
- Airport Transit Visa
- Medical Treatment Visa
- Guest Scientist Visa
- Training/Internship Visa
- Trade Fair and Exhibition Visa
Entry Information for Indian citizens travelling to Germany
Indian nationals travelling to Germany are required to comply with the following entry requirements and documentary proof.
- An Indian passport that is valid for at least three months from the date of arrival and not issued earlier than 10 years
- Two passport-sized photographs
- A valid visa to Germany
- A self-declaration form
- A proof of eligibility to enter Germany at arrival that could be a Residence Permit, Employment Certificate, or University Certificate proving your enrolment in a German university
- Proof of sufficient funds for your stay in Germany
- Submission of a Digital Registration Form upon arrival in Germany
- Compliance with the prevailing European Union transit rules
- A travel itinerary, including a return ticket, if applicable
Covid-19 guidelines for travelling to Germany:
All foreign nationals travelling to Germany amidst the ongoing pandemic are required to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Wear a surgical mask, an FFP2 mask, or a K95 mask during the journey and transit
- A negative RT-PCR test report of a test sample not older than 48 hours from the arrival time or proof of Covid-19 vaccination
- Quarantine for 10 days upon testing positive for Covid-19 on arrival. The quarantine can be reduced to 5 days if the individual subsequently tests negative for Covid-19.
- Comply with the quarantine rules issued by the different states in Germany
Travel Documents Required while Travelling from India to Germany
If you are travelling to Germany, you must remember to carry the following travel and identification documents with you.
- A valid Indian passport that is not older than 10 years and is valid for at least three months
- Two recent passport-sized photographs
- A valid Schengen Visa
- A copy of the data page of your passport
- A valid travel medical insurance plan for Germany
- A cover letter comprising the itinerary of the trip
- Travel documents, including flight and railway tickets as applicable
- A proof of your intended accommodation in Germany
- Evidence of your present financial status, including payslips, proof of income, bank statements, and Income Tax Return.
- Employment Letter from your employer, if applicable
- No-objection certificate from your university, if applicable
- Proof of your civil status, including a marriage certificate, death certificate of spouse, or birth certificate of children
Covid-19 specific travel documents for Germany:
A negative RT-PCR test report not older than 48 hours from arrival in Germany or the proof of Covid-19 vaccination
Germany Travel: Safety and Precautionary Measures to be Undertaken
- Keep your passport safe at all times.
- Check your passport for the permissible duration of the visit.
- Respect the country’s laws and regulations.
- Use official commercial means of transport and avoid seeking private help.
- Do not stay in the country post the expiration of your visa
- Protect your belongings, especially when you are in crowded places and tourist hotspots.
- Avoid travelling to unfamiliar or remote areas, particularly during the night.
- Do not participate in any unlawful activities.
- Do not violate public decorum through your words, actions, or a combination of the two.
Choose the best travel insurance for Germany to financially secure yourself against any untoward incidents.
Covid-19 specific safety guidelines:
- Wear a mask over your nose and mouth, particularly while using public transport.
- Practise social distancing.
- Cooperate with the local government and designated authorities by following the Covid-19 guidelines.
- Monitor yourself for Covid-19 symptoms and self-isolate and get tested if you develop any of the symptoms.
- Having the best travel health insurance for Germany during your travel will also be useful.
The Indian Embassy in Germany
The Indian Embassy in Germany is located at the following address in the capital city of Berlin.
The Embassy of India, Tiergartenstraße 17, 10785 Berlin, Germany
Present Ambassador: The position of Indian Ambassador to Germany is presently vacant. From April 2017 to June, 2021 Mrs Mukta Dutta Tomar had held the position of India's Ambassador to Germany.
Contact details of the Embassy:
Website: Embassy of India, Berlin, Germany
Telephone number: +49 - 30 - 257950
Fax number: +49 - 30 - 26557000
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM
Working hours for Consular Services:
Submission of documents: Monday to Friday, 09:30 AM to 12:30 PM
Collection of documents: Monday to Friday, 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
Consular Services Telephone Number**bold text**: +49 - 30 25795 820
International airports in Germany
Here are the major international airports in Germany, listed in order of their average international traffic.
- Frankfurt Airport, Frankfurt
- Munich International Airport, Munich
- Dusseldorf International Airport, Dusseldorf
- Berlin Tegel Airport, Berlin
- Hamburg Airport, Hamburg
Currency and Foreign Exchange
The currency of Germany is the Euro (€) which is the official currency of 19 of the 27 nations that are members of the European Union. Since the exchange rate between the Euro (€) and the Indian National Rupee (₹) varies daily, it is advisable to monitor the prevailing exchange rate before your trip to Germany. Furthermore, you must carry a sufficient amount of the aforementioned currency during the journey.
Germany Tourist Places
Once you have secured your travel with the right travel insurance plan to Germany, you can go ahead and explore the top tourist places in the country. With deep roots in history and a significant place in modern international politics, Germany is a country renowned as much for its historic landmarks as its modern architectural marvels. From the Bavarian Alps to the majestic valleys of the Rhine, Germany is adorned with natural beauty that has fascinated tourists for a long time. If you are planning to visit the central European nation, the following places must be on your bucket list.
The capital city of Germany, Berlin, is hailed as being one of the cultural centres of the European continent. With its iconic landmarks and cosmopolitan diversity, the city effortlessly combines ancient charm and modern luxury. Whilst in Berlin, you must visit the Brandenburg Gate, Museum Island, the German Historical Museum, and Charlottenburg Palace.
Nestled on the edge of the Bavarian Alps, Munich is one of Germany's largest cities and a tourist favourite. Adorned with glorious churches, the city is famous for its cultural and religious heritage. If you visit Munich, be sure to go to Micahelskirche, a Renaissance-era marvel and the Marienplatz which is a massive open square in the middle of the city. There are several art galleries and museums you can visit in Munich.
Renowned as a hub of trade and commerce, the German city of Cologne has no dearth of churches, cafes, and galleries. Established in the Roman era, the city has several monuments that pay homage to Roman architecture and culture. Cologne Cathedral is one of the most famous architectural marvels in Cologne.
- The Rhine Valley
The picturesque city of Koblenz is famous for scenic views of the Rhine Valley and the confluence of the Rhine and Mosel rivers. Across the banks of the Rhine, there are several gorgeous towns that seem akin to a postcard from an age long gone. With verdant gardens and mesmerising castles, this area is reminiscent of classical towns of centuries past.
- The Black Forest
Located in South-West Germany, the Black Forest is adorned with the valleys of multiple rivers and beautiful hills. There are several hike trails in the region, making it a preferred destination for hikers and nature enthusiasts. Whilst in the area, you must visit the Black Forest Railway and the Black Forest Open Air Museum.
Best Time to Visit Germany
The best time to visit Germany is between March and May when it is spring in the country and between October and November during the season of autumn. During both the seasons mentioned above, the temperature in Germany hovers around a pleasant 19 degrees Celsius. Since the country usually experiences high tourist footfall during the summer months of June to September, it is not advisable to plan your visit to Germany during summer.
Visit Germany today and financially secure your international trip by purchasing a travel insurance Germany plan from TATA AIG Insurance. With our diverse range of international travel insurance plans, you can opt for the best travel insurance for Germany. We offer Germany travel insurance at feasible costs under our Schengen area travel insurance plans. Visit our website to know more about the best travel insurance for Germany from India.
Frequently Asked Question
How can I get a travel insurance Germany plan?
In order to purchase travel insurance for Germany, you can visit our website and select international travel insurance under the products section. The next page will prompt you to enter some personal information and select the coverage you want. It is important to note that there are certain additional features that you can add to your travel insurance for Germany plan, namely:
- Medical coverage
- Baggage coverage
After choosing the coverage for your Germany travel insurance plan, you can make the payment and complete the policy purchase. The policy will get issued immediately and sent to your email inbox.
How much should I pay for a travel insurance Germany plan?
The cost of your travel insurance for Germany shall vary on the basis of many factors, including the duration of your stay in the country and the sum assured selected under the policy. If you are planning to visit Germany with your family, it is advisable to choose an adequate sum assured so that there is sufficient coverage for all of them during the trip.
Is it mandatory to buy a medical travel insurance Germany plan?
Yes, it is mandatory to have valid medical travel insurance for Germany as it is one of the prerequisites for applying for a Schengen Visa. Therefore, you must opt for a suitable medical travel insurance Germany plan before your journey begins so as to financially secure yourself against any untoward events during the trip. With the Tata AIG Schengen travel insurance plan, you can get travel health insurance for Germany and secure your trip at an affordable price.
All the information provided above has been well-researched and sourced from reliable sources. Since this information is subject to change, it is advisable to check the latest travel guidelines and other location-specific information before planning a trip to any location. *Subject to change based on the nature and extent of coverage.