Travel Insurance For Spain From India
Travel Insurance Spain
Looking for the best travel insurance for Spain? Read on to know more!
Spain has emerged as one of the hot travel destinations for Indians in recent times. After all, who doesn’t want a hands-on experience of the scenes shown in the Bollywood movie “Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara,” much of which was shot in Spain?
This country, located in extreme south-western Europe, is famous for its delicious food, scenic beauty, and vast coastline. Apart from enjoying the beautiful beaches, you can visit some world-renowned cathedrals and museums of Spain, such as the Basilica and the Prado Museum.
If you are planning a trip to Spain, do not forget to procure travel insurance for Spain to ensure that you stay financially safeguarded from the adversities during your trip.
Below are some of the most significant benefits of having a travel insurance Spain plan:
- Travel assistance
- Coverage for loss or delay of baggage
- Hijack cover
- Local assistance
- Accident & Sickness Cover Upto $5,00,000
- Cover against personal liability
- Reimbursement for the cancelled bookings for hotels or flights
- Automatic extension of your Spain travel insurance plan for 7 days in case of flight delay or cancellation
- Reimbursement for emergency medical transportation, treatment, and the necessary medical supplies
- Coverage against Covid-19
Travel Insurance for Spain from India
With pristine beaches, delicious local cuisines, world-renowned museums, and vibrant festive culture, Spain can be the best destination for your next family vacation. However, it is very crucial to plan your international trip meticulously. While planning your itinerary, conduct a thorough research about the places to visit in Spain and the applicable local laws for the visitors. Furthermore, be aware of the COVID-19 protocols that are in place at the locations you’re planning to visit.
Complete your travel arrangements and book your tickets in advance to avoid any last-minute hassles. It’s advisable to buy an online travel insurance plan for Spain to keep yourself and your family protected from unforeseen events that can ruin your entire trip. For example, if you miss your connecting flight or lose your baggage during the trip, you can face deep troubles. However, with an international travel insurance plan in your kitty, you will be assured of immediate help in such situations.
Moreover, the uncertainty over the COVID-19 pandemic may cause disruptions during your vacation. Hence, it becomes even more important to add an extra layer of security to your trip with a travel insurance Spain plan.
Why Do You Need Travel Insurance from India to Spain?
Irrespective of a high degree of planning, the possibility of a mishap can’t be nullified. Some uncontrollable things can ruin your entire trip and leave you in a state of disarray. Therefore, it is prudent to count for the contingencies while planning for an overseas trip. This is where an international travel insurance plan is highly useful.
While preparing for your trip to Spain, it is recommended to pack a Spain travel insurance policy to keep yourself protected from mishaps at foreign shores. A comprehensive family travel insurance plan would safeguard you as well as your family members from various types of adversities that may arise during your Spain trip. Additionally, you must make sure that the travel insurance you’re buying should include a health insurance cover as well. This will ensure that if you or any of your family members fall ill during the trip, you will be able to get substantial financial assistance. You can compare travel insurance plans to pick the one that suits you the most, in terms of coverage amount & premium.
Tata AIG offers some great travel insurance products to secure your overseas trip in an affordable manner. You can purchase a Tata AIG online travel insurance plan for Spain from the convenience of your home/office. Our travel insurance plans are designed to cover a range of mishaps, from baggage loss to medical emergencies.
Here are some of the benefits offered by the Tata AIG travel insurance for Spain
- Journey Cover
You will get coverage against the delay or cancellation of flights, cancellation of hotel bookings, and the loss of your passport during the trip
- Baggage Cover
In the event of a delay in arrival or loss of your check-in baggage, you will get full reimbursement of the required expenses
- Medical Coverage
- Cover of up to $5,00,000 for Sickness and Accidents in case you fall ill or meet with an accident
- Cover against COVID-19 if you test positive and are hospitalised during your trip
- Emergency Evacuation and Assistance Services
- Other benefits
- Affordable policies with an extensive coverage
- Quick and easy online purchase process
- Flexibility to pay in Indian Rupees and get coverage in United States Dollars
Spain Visa and Entry Information
- Visa Information for Spain
Indian nationals who are planning to visit Spain can apply for the following categories of visas:
1. Tourist Visa - Those who are planning to visit Spain for the purpose of tourism can apply for a tourist visa. As Spain shares a common visa policy with the rest of the Schengen countries, you can apply for a Schengen visa. The person holding a Schengen visa is allowed to enter not only Spain but also 25 other countries located in the same zone. The validity of a Schengen tourist visa is for a maximum period of 3 months.
To apply for a Schengen tourist visa, you are required to visit the Spanish Embassy or Consulate located in India. The applicant is required to show proof that he/she is visiting Spain strictly for tourism purposes. The approval of a Schengen tourist visa may take up to 10 to 15 days. The fee for applying for a tourist visa is Rs. 5851 for each person.
2. Business Visa - If a person is travelling to Spain for a business purpose, he/she needs to apply for a Business Visa. Just like a tourist visa, a business visa also carries a validity of 90 days from the date of its issuance. The process to apply for a business visa is also the same, just that the applicant needs to prove to the authorities that he or she will be visiting Spain for a business purpose.
To apply for a business visa, a letter of business from a Spanish organization is necessary. It should be written in both English as well as Spanish. The applicant is also required to submit his/her business-related documents as asked by the Embassy. The cost of a business visa is the same as that of a tourist visa.
3. Family/Friend Visit Visa - A person travelling to Spain to visit his/her friend or a family member can apply for a Family/Friend visit visa. The process and documents required to apply for this visa are the same as the two types of visas mentioned before. The only difference is, the applicant is required to submit the details and identity documents of his/her friend or relative living in Spain.
The original invitation letter issued by the “Policia Nacional De Spana” is also required to prove that the applicant is being invited by his/her friend or relative to visit Spain.
4. Employment Visa - If a person is travelling to Spain for the purpose of employment, he/she is required to apply for an Employment visa. To apply for an employment visa, the applicant needs to visit the Spanish Embassy along with the job offer letter from a Spanish company, asking him or her to come and work with the company in Spain. The fees and validity of an Employment visa may vary as per the conditions and requirements.
5. Student Visa- Indian nationals who are looking to study at a University in Spain can apply for a Student visa. To apply for a Student Visa, the applicant is required to visit the Spanish embassy with a letter of admission issued by a Spanish University.
In case the applicant wants to participate in examinations, interviews, and other important pre-admission formalities in Spain, he/she can apply for a student application visa, which can be converted to a student visa following his/her admission to a Spanish University.
In addition to the aforementioned visa categories, Indian nationals travelling to Spain can apply for a Medical Visa, Official Visit Visa, Cultural and Sports Visa, and an Airport Transit Visa.
Entry Requirements for Indian Citizens Travelling to Spain
All Indian nationals entering Spain are required to show the following documentary proofs to the officials:
- An Indian Passport valid for at least three months from the date of arrival and issued within the last 10 years
- Two passport-sized photographs
- A valid visa to Spain
- Proof of accommodation to show where you will be staying during your Spain trip
- A self-declaration form
- Documents proving your purpose of visit to Spain
- Proof of sufficient funds for your stay in Spain
- Compliance with the prevailing European Union transit rules
- Your travel itinerary, including your return tickets, if applicable
Covid-19 guidelines for travelling to Spain
Amid the coronavirus outbreak, the entry restrictions to Spain are frequently changing based on the COVID-19 situation in other countries. As per the latest guidelines, the Government of Spain has lifted travel restrictions on Indian nationals, but they are supposed to adhere to the following protocols :
- Wear a surgical mask, an FFP2 mask, or a K95 mask during the journey and transit
- Provide proof of vaccination with a WHO-approved COVID-19 vaccine
- Show a negative RT-PCR test report of a test sample not older than 72 hours from the arrival time or proof of Covid-19 vaccination
- A recovery certificate not older than 180 days from the date at which the sample was taken (for those who have contracted COVID-19 previously)
- Compulsory health check-up at the first entry point. If tested positive for Covid-19, the traveller needs to follow the directives of the health officials.
Travel Documents Required while Travelling from India to Spain
While travelling to Spain, do not forget to carry the following travel and identification documents with you:
- A valid Indian passport that is not older than 10 years and is valid for at least the next three months
- Two recent passport-sized photographs
- A valid Schengen Visa
- A copy of the data page of your passport
- A valid travel insurance policy for Spain
- A cover letter comprising the itinerary of the trip
- Travel documents, including the flight tickets, as applicable
- A proof of your intended accommodation in Spain
- Evidence of your present financial status, including payslips, proof of income, bank statements, and Income Tax Return.
- Employment Letter from your employer, if applicable
- No-objection certificate from your university, if applicable
- Proof of your civil status, including a marriage certificate, death certificate of spouse, or birth certificate of children
Covid-19 specific travel documents for Spain
A negative RT-PCR test report not older than 72 hours from arrival in Spain or the proof of Covid-19 vaccination
Spain Travel: Safety and Precautionary Measures to be Undertaken
- Keep your passport safe at all times.
- Check your passport for the permissible duration of the visit
- Abide by the country’s laws and regulations
- Use official commercial means of transport and avoid seeking private help
- Do not stay in the country post the expiration of your visa
- Protect your belongings, especially when you are in crowded places and tourist hotspots
- Avoid travelling to unfamiliar or remote areas, particularly during the night
- Do not participate in any unlawful activities
- Do not violate public decorum through your words, actions, or a combination of the two
- Procure the best travel insurance plan for Spain to stay financially secured against any unforeseen incidents
Covid-19 specific safety guidelines:
- Wear a mask over your nose and mouth, particularly in public places
- Practise social distancing
- Cooperate with the local government and designated authorities by following all Covid-19 protocols
- Self-isolate and get tested for COVID-19 if you develop any of the symptoms
- Having a comprehensive travel insurance plan for Spain will help you get financial assistance in case of a medical emergency.
The Indian Embassy in Spain
The Indian Embassy in Spain is located at the following address in the capital city of Madrid:
The Embassy of India, Avenida Pio 30-32, 28016 Madrid, Spain
Present Ambassador: The position of current Indian Ambassador to Spain is being held by Mr. Sanjay Verma.
Contact details of the Embassy:
- Website: https://www.eoimadrid.gov.in/index.php
- Email**bold text**: email@example.com
- Telephone number: +34 91 309 88 82
- Working hours: Monday to Friday, 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM
- Working hours for Consular Services:
- Submission of documents: Monday to Friday, 09:30 AM to 12:30 PM
- Collection of documents: Monday to Friday, 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Consular Services Telephone Number: +34 917693741
International airports in Spain
Below are some major international airports in Spain, listed in the order of their average international traffic.
- Madrid International Airport, Madrid
- Barcelona International Airport, Barcelona
- Palma De Mallorca International Airport, Palma De Mallorca
- Malaga International Airport, Malaga
Currency and Foreign Exchange
The currency of Spain is the Euro (€), which is also the official currency of 19 of the 27 nations that are members of the European Union. Since the exchange rate between the Euro (€) and the Indian National Rupee (₹) varies daily, it is advisable to monitor the prevailing exchange rate before leaving for your trip to Spain. Remember to carry a sufficient amount of the aforementioned currency with you so that you do not land up in trouble during your journey.
Spain Tourist Places
Once you have completed all the formalities, you can start your trip to Spain and explore the top tourist places in the country. As mentioned before, Spain is famous for its pristine beaches, eateries, and world-renowned museums and cathedrals. Also known as the land of flamenco, siestas, and fiestas, Spain has a vibrant festive culture to adorn. It is, after all, the second most visited country in the world. While visiting this South-Western European country, do not forget to pass through these places:
With bustling beaches and vibrant nightlife culture, Barcelona is the ultimate destination in Spain for tourists. You can view the architectural wonders of Antoni Gaudi, including the renowned Casa Batllo and the Sagrada Familia Church. Combining the ancient charm with modern luxury, the city’s outdoor offerings present an equally magnificent sight to behold. While in Barcelona, do not forget to visit La Barceloneta and Parc Guell beach and neighborhoods like Barri Gotic.
The capital of Spain is the magnificent Madrid city. Known for its sparkling neighbourhoods, enviable shopping malls, and stunning parks, Madrid is a dream destination for tourists. Its colourful cosmopolitan culture will leave you mesmerised. While wandering along the roads here, you can hear the melodies of the Spanish Guitar and enjoy a midday meal with some fun company. While in Madrid, do not forget to explore the outstanding museums, including the Museo Del Prado and the Centro De Arte Reina Sofia.
Valencia is the third biggest city in Spain, after Madrid and Barcelona. It is famous for its architecture and Mediterranean lifestyle. You can indulge in delicious roadside cuisines during your visit to this coastal city. Your visit to Valencia would be incomplete without exploring the dynamic museums, gothic monuments, and flourishing beaches. You should become a part of the lively nightlife culture by visiting one of the beach restaurants or shacks.
The picturesque city of Seville is considered a blessing for honeymoon couples. Its romantic allure and pleasant weather will give you a feeling which is found nowhere else in the world. You can witness flamenco dancing during the night and enjoy the tranquility of the city with your loved ones. This is a kind of place where you can allow yourself to get lost in it. The popular sites to visit in Seville include the Plaza De Espana and the Real Alcazar.
The Arabic influence of Granada separates this destination from the rest of Spain. Thanks to the Moorish Empire, Granada is home to many Moroccan cafes and Arab bathhouses. You can experience the simultaneous confluence of two cultures during your stay in this city. Also, do not forget to visit the Alhambra and the Sierra Nevada National Park.
Best Time to Visit Spain
Spain has a lot to offer to the tourists, irrespective of the time at which they visit this place. Usually, the late spring season between April to July is considered the best time to visit Spain. The temperature here remains warm and pleasant during this time. However, you can also visit this place between September to November if you’re fond of colder temperatures.
While planning your itinerary for Spain, do not forget to secure your trip with an international travel insurance plan from Tata AIG. You can opt for the best Spain Travel Insurance plan from us at feasible costs under our Schengen area travel insurance offers. Visit our website to know more about our travel insurance offerings from India to Spain.
Frequently Asked Question
How can I get a travel insurance Spain plan?
To purchase travel insurance for Spain, you can visit our website and select international travel insurance under the products section. The next page will prompt you to enter your personal information and select the appropriate coverage as per your requirements. It is important to note that there are certain additional features that you can add to your Spain travel insurance plan, such as:
- Medical coverage
- Baggage coverage
- Journey coverage
After choosing the plan for your Spain travel insurance plan, you are required to make the payment and complete the policy purchase. The policy will get issued immediately and sent to your email inbox.
How can I get cheap travel insurance from India to Spain?
Many factors affect the cost of your travel insurance plan for Spain. These include the duration of your stay in the country, the number of people covered by the policy, and the sum assured selected under it. You can customise your travel insurance policy as per your budget and requirements. If you are planning to visit Spain with your family, it’s important to choose an adequate sum assured so that every member of your family gets sufficient coverage during the trip.
Is it mandatory to buy medical travel insurance for Spain?
Yes, it is mandatory to have valid medical travel insurance for Spain as it is one of the prerequisites for applying for a Schengen Visa. You must opt for a suitable travel insurance plan as per your budget and requirements. With the Tata AIG Schengen travel insurance plan, you can get medical travel insurance for Spain and secure your trip by paying a pocket-friendly premium.
How to file a claim on my Spain travel insurance policy?
In case you fall into a distressing situation during your trip, do not panic. You are secured with a Tata AIG international travel insurance plan and hence, you will get immediate assistance. To file a claim, all you need to do is contact our Europe Assistance team at +1-833-440-1575 and they will reach out to you as soon as possible. You can also write an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to raise your claim.
All the information provided above has been well-researched and sourced from reliable sources. Since this information is subject to change, it is advisable to check the latest travel guidelines and other location-specific information before planning a trip to any location.
Subject to change based on the nature and extent of coverage.