Travel Insurance For France From India
Travel Insurance France
Do you have plans to visit France soon? Then you must opt for an adequate travel insurance policy for France and safeguard your journey. Here's your guide to Tata AIG travel insurance for France.
Adorned with some of history's iconic landmarks, France is one of the most frequented tourist destinations across the globe. Whether it is delectable food, ancient towns, or breathtaking natural beauty, France has it all. Situated in Western Europe, the beautiful country is home to Alpine hamlets and Mediterranean shores alike.
There is no French city more well-renowned than Paris - the city of lights. From exploring ancient castles to taking serene boat rides on the Seine, from enjoying the delicacies of French cuisine at quaint cafés to beholding the view of the breathtaking Paris skyline from the observation deck of the Eiffel Tower, visitors to the country are spoilt for choice.
Visiting France is a common global bucket list item, and you can cross it off your travel wishlist by visiting the European nation. If you are making plans to visit France, you must get a suitable travel insurance cover and ensure that your trip is financially protected against a host of unanticipated events.
At Tata AIG, we have an excellent range of overseas travel insurance policies as a part of our Schengen Travel Insurance, starting at just ₹40.82 per day.
Major benefits of buying a travel insurance France plan:
- Travel assistance
- Hijack cover
- Coverage for loss or delay of baggage
- Local assistance during your trip
- Cover against personal liability
- Coverage for accidents and sickness to the tune of $5,00,000
- Coverage for medical expenses arising from the diagnosis and treatment of Covid-19 during your journey
- Convenient and swift purchase of the Tata AIG travel insurance France plans
- Cost-effective travel insurance for France from India, starting at just ₹40.82 per day
- Automatic extension of your France travel insurance plan for France for 60 days in the event of hospitalisation close to the expiry date of the plan
- Automatic 7-day extension of your travel insurance policy for France following a cancellation or delay of your flight home
Travel Insurance For France from India
Before travelling to any overseas destination, it is important to have a clear understanding of where you are going and what kind of preparation you need to do in terms of the travel arrangements, the visa application, the entry guidelines, and other legal requirements. Since international travel, like all travel, is filled with uncertainties, you must opt for a suitable travel insurance policy to get coverage for your trip.
Even the most carefully designed plans are susceptible to external events, which is why your travel plans must have a certain degree of flexibility and room for contingencies. Any number of global or local situations may tear your travel plans asunder. The ongoing Covid-19 global pandemic, for instance, has led to the restriction of international travel and caused events as important as the Olympic Games to be postponed.
Therefore, it is absolutely essential to cover the uncertainty of international travel with the certainty of travel insurance. By choosing a suitable travel insurance France plan, you can have sufficient coverage against accidents, medical emergencies, flight delays and cancellations, loss of passport, and baggage loss and delay, to name a few. At Tata AIG, we have designed our France travel insurance plans to cover a wide array of adverse events that may transpire during your trip. Therefore, if you are planning a trip to France, you should waste no time in getting a Tata AIG travel insurance plan for France.
Why Do You Need Travel Insurance from India to France?
You may engage in thorough planning and preparation for your trip to France. However, no amount of planning and preparation can ensure complete protection against uncontrollable events. One of the things that France is renowned for its protests and mass gatherings, both of which are events that are highly volatile in nature.
Therefore, you must check the French government's travel advisory before making your travel plans for the picturesque nation. In addition to the local elements that may have a bearing on your travel itinerary, there are potential medical exigencies that may leave you vulnerable. If you end up falling ill or faced with an accident whilst on your trip, you will need medical assistance. This is one of the many reasons why you must purchase a suitable travel insurance France plan.
Whilst selecting a France travel insurance plan, you must check its coverage and ensure that it includes a medical cover, a cover for repatriation expenses, baggage loss and delay coverage, and a clause for plan extension should you need that.
With the Tata AIG travel insurance for France comprising all of the above features and more, you can be assured of a substantial degree of financial protection during your international journey.
Here are some of the benefits offered by the Tata AIG travel insurance France plan
By choosing a Tata AIG travel insurance for France plan, you can benefit from extensive travel insurance coverage, including the following covers.
1. Baggage Cover- In the unfortunate event of your baggage being lost or delayed at any of the airports you cross during your trip, the baggage cover included in our travel insurance France plan can prove to be of great assistance to you. Under this cover, you can seek reimbursement for the cost of the items in your check-in baggage.
2. Journey Cover- With our France travel insurance plans, you get substantial coverage for your journey, including covers for the loss of your passport, the cancellation or delay of your flights, and the cancellation of your hotel reservations.
*3. Medical Cover *- The Tata AIG travel health insurance for France has been designed to offer you the required coverage during any sickness and accident that may require you to be hospitalised during your trip. If you meet with an accident or fall sick during your journey to and from France or your stay there, our medical cover has got you covered. What is more, is that, in light of the ongoing global pandemic, we have included a cover for Covid-19 related medical expenses in this plan.
If you get hospitalised in France and are worried about your France travel insurance plan expiring, you should give yourself and your worries a break. We offer automatic extensions of the plan for 60 days in such situations.
*4.Other benefits *
- Travel Insurance France, starting at a feasible rate of ₹40.82 per day.
- Instant purchase of your travel insurance plan for France on our website with no necessity to go through a comprehensive medical check-up.
- The flexibility to pay your travel insurance policy premium in Indian National Rupees and receive travel insurance France coverage in United States Dollars.
France Visa and Entry Information
Visa Information For France
Indian nationals travelling to France are required to have a pre-approved visa. You must, therefore, apply for a visa for France at the French Embassy or consulates in India. Since France falls under the Schengen Area, you need to apply for a Schengen Visa to visit the nation.
You can apply for either a Uniform Schengen Visa (for short stays) or a National Schengen Visa, depending on the purpose and intended duration of your stay in France.
1. Uniform Schengen Visa : If you wish to stay in France for a period shorter than 90 days, you can apply for a Uniform Schengen Visa, also referred to as a Type C Schengen Visa and a Short-stay visa.
This type of visa allows you to stay in France for a maximum period of 90 days and is valid for six months from the date of first entry into the country. This visa comes in single-entry, double-entry, and multiple-entry variants.
2. National Schengen Visa : If your visit to France is for a long-term purpose, such as pursuing an academic course in the country, working there, or permanently immigrating to France, you shall be required to apply for a National Schengen Visa, which is available in single-entry and multiple-entry variants.
This visa is also referred to as a Type D Schengen Visa and a long-stay visa and is usually issued for a maximum period of 1 year, following which you can apply for an extension should you need one.
There are different types of French visas you can apply for, depending on the purpose of your visit to the nation, including:
- French Tourist/Visitor Visa
- French Visa for Business Purposes
- French Visa for Study, Training, or Internship
- French Visa for Medical Purposes
- French Visa for Culture, Sports, Film Crew, and Religious Purposes
- French Visa for Members of Official Delegations
- French Airport Transit Visa
- French Visa for the Wife/Husband of a French Citizen
- French Visa for Underage Children
- Process of Application for a French Visa
Indian nationals who are planning to travel to France must apply for a Schengen Visa by following the process described below.
1. Step 1 - Ascertain which type of Visa you need to apply for
Firstly, you must ascertain the type of French Visa you require based on your purpose of visiting the nation and the duration of your intended stay there.
2. Step 2 - Fill the online Visa application form
You must fill out your French Visa application form online and have all the necessary travel documents handy, including your passport and two recent identification pictures in PDF.
3. Step 3 - Book your Visa Appointment
The next step in this process is to book your visa appointment with the French Embassy or consulates in India. It is important to schedule this appointment at least two weeks prior to your departure date to France in case of a long-stay visa and six months in advance for a short-stay visa.
4. Step 4 - Attend your Visa appointment
You must ensure that you attend your visa appointment as scheduled and carry all the necessary documents, including your identity proof, passport, recent photographs, etc. This appointment ideally lasts between 20 to 40 minutes and includes the review of your visa application, the collection of the required biometric data, and the payment of the visa Visa fee.
5. Step 5 - Track your Visa application
You can track your French Visa application here. In addition to applying for a French Visa, you must also select and purchase a suitable France travel insurance plan.
Documents Required By Indian Nationals Applying For a French Visa
Here is a list of the documents required by Indian nationals whilst applying for a Visa for France:
- A printout of your French visa application form duly filled and signed;
- Two recent passport-sized photographs as per the Schengen Visa photograph requirements;
- An Indian passport valid for at least three months from your intended date of entry into France and containing at least two blank pages;
- A copy of your return ticket from France;
- Schengen Visa insurance in line with France travel insurance requirements, including medical travel insurance for France cover of at least €30,000;
- A cover letter describing the purpose of your visit to France and containing your travel itinerary;
- The proof of your accommodation in France;
- The proof of your civil status, stating whether you are married and have children (Marriage Certificate and the Birth Certificate of Children, if applicable)
- Proof of sufficient means of sustenance during your stay in France;
- Proof of payment of visa fees.
Your Schengen Visa Fee depends on the type of visa you apply for and the intended duration of your stay in France. The fee for a short-stay Schengen Visa is €80 (₹ 6,974) for Indian nationals above the age of 18 years and €40 (₹3,487) for Indian nationals between 6 and 12 years of age. There is no visa fee for Indian children below the age of 6 years.
*The applicable Schengen Visa fee is in accordance with the current exchange rate between the Indian National Rupee and the Euro and is subject to change with a change in the said exchange rate.
Entry Information For Indian Citizens Travelling to France
All Indian nationals travelling to France must be mindful of certain entry restrictions. Here is a list of the France entry requirements for Indian citizens:
- A valid Indian passport;
- A valid Schengen Visa;
- Proof of your accommodation in France;
- Two passport-sized photographs;
- Proof of sufficient funds for your stay in France;
- A valid travel health insurance plan for France, with a medical cover of €30,000 or more, comprising a cover for medical evacuation and repatriation;
- Your return ticket from France;
- Adherence to the latest European Union transit rules.
Covid-19 guidelines: As of July 2021, Indian nationals who have been fully vaccinated against Covid-19 have been allowed to travel to France at least seven days after their second dose of said vaccine. The traveller must carry a vaccination certificate. Indian travellers with a 'Talent Passport' as well as students and researchers can enter France with the negative report of a PCR test conducted not earlier than 72 hours or a Rapid Antigen Test conducted not earlier than 48 hours before their departure from India.
Travel Documents Required While Travelling From India to France
Before travelling to France, you must have the following travel documents in place:
- A valid Indian passport;
- A valid Schengen Visa;
- Travel medical insurance for France;
- Proof of vaccination against Covid-19 with a vaccine approved by the European Medical Agency (EMA);
- A sworn self-declaration that you have no symptoms of Covid-19 and have not been in contact with any confirmed case of the virus for the preceding 14 days;
- A negative PCR test report not older than 72 hours or a Rapid Antigen Test Report not older than 48 hours from the time of departing India for non-vaccinated Indian travellers;
- Two recent passport-sized photographs;
- Documentary proof of sufficient funds to sustain you during your trip to France;
- A cover letter detailing the purpose of your visit to France;
- Your flight tickets and travel itinerary;
- Proof of your accommodation in France.
France Travel: Safety and Precautionary Measures To Be Undertaken
When you are in France, you must adhere to several important safety and precautionary measures, some of which have been listed below.
- Always keep your passport safe and with you.
- Avoid participating in any demonstrations.
- If you happen to be in the vicinity of any large gatherings or protests, find yourself a safe place or shelter to take refuge in.
- Keep monitoring the local news and modify your travel itinerary accordingly.
- Respect the laws and regulations of the local government and authorities.
- Enrol in the Smart Traveller Enrolment Programme to receive alerts from the French authorities and to help them locate you in case of an emergency.
- Refrain from engaging in any unlawful activities or violating the decorum of public places.
- Do not travel to any unfamiliar or remote areas without the proper information and guidance from local authorities.
- Use only official and legal means of transport.
- Have a contingency plan for emergencies and peruse this checklist for travellers to France.
- Be mindful of your visa validity in France and ensure that you do not overstay in the country.
- Protect your belongings, especially at crowded spots and tourist places.
- Opt for the best travel insurance plan for France so as to have sufficient financial security during your trip.
Covid-19 specific safety guidelines:
- Wear a mask over your nose and mouth, particularly while using public transport.
- Practise social distancing.
- Cooperate with the local government and designated authorities by following the applicable Covid-19 guidelines.
- Monitor yourself for Covid-19 symptoms, and self-isolate and get tested if you develop any of the symptoms.
- If you select the best travel health insurance plan for France, you can be prepared for the financial ramifications of any adverse events during your travels to and from and stay in the country.
The Indian Embassy in France
The Indian Embassy in France is located at the following address in Paris:
The Embassy of India, 13-15, Rue Alfred Dehodencq, 75016 - Paris, France.
Present Ambassador: His. Excellency Mr Jawed Ashraf Contact details of the Embassy: Website: Embassy of India, Paris, France Telephone number: +33-140507171 and +33-140507070 Emergency Consular Services number: 0033-648340063 Fax number: 0033140500996 Working hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM
International Airports in France
There are several international airports in France, some of which have been listed below.
- Charles de Gaulle Airport, Paris;
- Nice Cote d'Azur Airport, Nice;
- Lyon-Saint Exupery Airport, Lyon;
- Marseille Provence Airport, Marseille;
- Toulouse-Blagnac Airport, Toulose/Blagnac
Currency and Foreign Exchange
France is one of the 19 European Union nations that have adopted the Euro (€) as their currency. The exchange rate between the Euro (€) and the Indian National Rupee (₹) varies on a daily basis. Hence it is important to ascertain the exchange rate prevailing at the time of your visit to France and carry a sufficient amount of Euros on your trip.
France Tourist Places
From mesmerising mountains to beautiful beaches, ancient castles to modern resorts, France has a diverse range of natural and man-made attractions that have been enchanting visitors from across the globe for centuries. Here are some of the tourist spots in France that you simply must pencil in on your itinerary.
Celebrated as the city of light, Paris is one of the most visited tourist destinations in France. With its natural beauty and architectural richness, the French capital offers visitors an experience to remember for a lifetime. Whether it is a walk alongside the banks of the Seine or a boat ride on the ancient river while beholding Notre Dame in the vicinity, you can enjoy the history and magic of this city through its monuments, culture, and cuisine. While in Paris, you can visit the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, the Bibliotheque Nationale, the Champs-Elysees, and the iconic Notre Dame Cathedral.
2. The Cóte d'Azur
The Cóte d'Azur, fondly referred to as the French Riviera, is a place where you can enjoy a calm and leisurely holiday. Adorned with the azure waters of the Mediterranean and a cerulean sky to match, the French Riviera is renowned for its luxury resorts and hospitality. While in Cóte d'Azur, you can visit Nice, Cannes, and Saint-Tropez, all of which are famous global vacation spots.
3. The French Alps
If you are in France, you must go visit the Alps in all their magnificence. Home to Mont Blanc, the highest mountain in Europe, the French Alps have an abundance of a clean environment, picturesque valleys, gorgeous lakes, and enchanting forests. This region is popular amongst tourists for more than its natural beauty, with activities such as skiing, hiking, snowboarding, hiking, and ice-skating being on offer.
The beauty of France is not restricted to its big cities; at the scenic region of Provence in the French countryside, you can step into a world almost untouched by the turn of the century. Adorned with tranquil farms, orchards, and fields, Provence has small villages with a rich culture and diverse cuisine. The quaint cafés and the streets of the region carry an old-world charm that is infectious.
Think magnificent castles and historical monuments, and Bordeaux is one of the first French regions that come to mind. With castles and churches galore, Bordeaux is home to some iconic world heritage sites. With its charming villages and verdant hills, this part of France has its own distinct appeal.
Best Time to Visit France
The best time to visit France is during the Spring months of March to May. During this season, the temperatures in the country vary between 10 and 22 degrees Celsius, leading to warm and pleasant weather with occasional rainfall. This is the period when the mesmerising hues of blooming flowers add to the natural beauty and charm of the country.
Spring is the ideal time to visit the picturesque European nation not only because of the moderate temperatures but also because of the organisation of several iconic events, including the Dunkirk Festival, the Paris Fashion Week, and the Cannes Film Festival. The summer months of June to August are also a good period on the calendar to visit France since the weather in the country is warm and sunny during this time. When you buy online on tataaig.com, you can choose between various plans. By using the Compare Travel Insurance Feature you can pick the plan the offers the best coverage amount & premium for you.
You can plan your trip to France now and ensure your financial security against unexpected events during the overseas journey by purchasing a Tata AIG travel insurance France plan. We have a wide selection of international travel insurance plans, enabling you to choose the best travel insurance for France, starting at just ₹40.82 per day* You can find the best travel insurance plans for France from India on our website. To peruse our travel insurance France plans, read this webpage. Bon Voyage!
Disclaimer / TnC
Your policy is subjected to terms and conditions & inclusions and exclusions mentioned in your policy wording. Please go through the documents carefully.
Frequently Asked Question
How can I get a travel insurance France plan?
If you wish to buy travel insurance for France, you must visit our website and select international travel insurance under the products section. Proceed by entering the required personal information, then select the extent of the coverage you wish to have in your plan. You can add certain additional covers to your travel insurance France plan with us, including the following.
- Medical coverage
- Baggage coverage
- Journey coverage
Once you have selected the coverage for your France travel insurance plan, you can make the payment online and complete the purchase of the travel insurance policy. The policy document shall be delivered to your email inbox.
How much should I pay for a travel insurance France plan?
What you pay for your travel insurance for France is determined by several important factors, including the duration of your visit and the sum assured you choose. It is prudent to select a suitable sum assured to have sufficient coverage during your trip.
This becomes even more important if you are travelling overseas with your family. With the Tata AIG travel insurance France plans, you can benefit from excellent coverage at a price that shan't leave a huge dent in your pockets. You can ascertain the price of your France Travel Insurance plan by using our Travel Insurance Premium Calculator.
Is it mandatory to buy a medical travel insurance France plan?
Yes, it is mandatory to buy a medical travel insurance France plan because it is one of the necessary clauses of the application procedure for a Schengen Visa. Therefore, it is critical to choose an adequate medical travel insurance plan for France and add a layer of financial security to your French trip. If you select the Tata AIG France travel insurance plan, you can benefit from excellent travel insurance in exchange for a feasible premium, starting at just ₹40.82 per day. You can assess our travel insurance plans for France now and buy one to safeguard your international journey.
All the information mentioned above is well-researched and sourced from reliable sources. Since this information is subject to change, it is advisable to check the latest travel guidelines and other location-specific information before planning a trip to any location.
*Subject to change based on the nature and extent of the coverage.