Travel Insurance Jordan From India
Travel Insurance Jordan
Jordan is a rugged desert that’s located in the northern Arabian Peninsula. The country is known for its rich culture and stunning landscapes. But, quite excitingly, the country still resides amidst an ancient land, where you will also be able to behold glimpses of old civilisations. Surrounded by Iraq to the east, Saudi Arab to the south and southeast, Syria to the north, and Israel and West Bank to the west, Jordan is beautiful, to say the least.
You can visit Jordan at any time of the year. Even during June and August’s hot and humid months, the touristy places in Jordan like Amman aren’t much hot. Both Petra and Amman are situated around 850m and 1100m above sea level. Hence, the weather in these two places is pleasant. And the nights in Petra are cold.
Your first trip to Jordan would be an exciting one. Also, surely would be prepared well with your itinerary,documents and bookings. However, no matter how well-prepared you are for your international trip, you may fall prey to several trip-related exigencies. So, to ensure that your finances are safe, it’s prudent to have a robust Jordan travel health insurance policy in place.
Travel Insurance Jordan from India
A travel insurance policy will keep your financial worries at bay if in case you fall sick during the trip, meet with an accident, lose your luggage, miss your flight, and so on. Such adversities may come unannounced, and then you will not know whom to seek help from. But with your travel insurance plan in hand, you can get reimbursed by the insurer in no time!
At Tata AIG, you can compare travel insurance different travel policies for your international trip to Jordan. Our overseas travel insurance plan for Jordan starts only at ₹45.5 per day*.Not only is our policy purchase and renewal swift, safe, and hassle-free but you can also file a claim with us in a matter of minutes through our official website.
Major Benefits of Buying a Travel Health Insurance Jordan Plan
A trip to Jordan could be a dream come true for many. The country is breathtakingly picturesque, and therefore, the whole vacation would be really exciting for you. But travelling to a new place may come with certain hiccups! Hence, it’s important to be fully prepared for any kind of trip-related adversities that may come at any point in time. But with the right travel insurance Jordan in place, you can keep your financial worries at a distance!
Here are some of the major benefits of opting for a travel insurance Jordan online policy with Tata AIG -
- Local journey assistance
- Flight hijack cover
- Coverage for loss or delay of luggage
- Cover against personal liabilities
- Cover against hospitalisation due to accidents, illnesses, and COVID-19 care to the tune of $5,00,000
- Cover against medical emergencies due to Accident & Sickness, including the treatment of Covid-19 during the trip, if hospitalised
- With Tata AIG, buy or renew medical travel insurance Jordan online in a swift and hassle-free way
- Affordable travel insurance for Jordan from India starting at just ₹45.5 per day*
- Automatic extension of your travel health insurance for Jordan plan for up to 60 days or date of discharge whichever is lesser in the event of hospitalisation close to the expiry date of the insurance plan
- Automatic 7-day extension of your travel insurance Jordan plan due to the cancellation or delay of your flight back to India
Jordan Travel Health Insurance from India
Jordan has been the centre of humanity since the advent of civilisation. Different civilizations have evaded the country, including Akkadians, Mesopotamians, Sumerians, Persians, Babylonians, Romans, Greeks, Crusaders, and Nabateans. Arabic is the official language of Jordan, and once you step there, even though the locals will understand English, it’s better to learn some important Arabic words to be able to get more friendly with them.
Whether you are planning a solo trip, a honeymoon, or an adventure trip with friends, your Jordan trip would be the most beautiful, irrespective of your expectations. However, to have a relaxed trip, without the worries of getting financially handicapped, it’s always better to have travel health insurance for Jordan in place. A travel insurance policy will secure your pockets, and you will have the peace of mind to tour around the places. For a family trip, it is always advisable to opt for a family travel insurance plan that will provide coverage to all your family members for a reasonable premium!
So, with travel insurance Jordan from Tata AIG, you will be able to keep your financial hassles at bay! Your chosen international travel insurance policy will cover the medical treatment costs and the expensive medical bills that may arise in case of hospitalisation. Also, if you lose your passport, belongings or other important documents, or if you miss your flight or if it gets delayed, and so on, your travel policy will compensate for the loss.
Again, with Tata AIG, the policy buying and renewal process is absolutely easy and safe online. You can buy travel insurance Jordan online to cover a wide array of accidents and adverse events that may arise during your trip to this beautiful country. Therefore, once your tickets are done for Jordan, you must immediately opt for a Tata AIG travel insurance Jordan policy right away!
Why Do You Need Travel Insurance Jordan from India?
While planning a trip to Jordan, you should plan everything thoroughly. This will ensure that you will enjoy an amazing trip in Jordan, and you will be back with just happy memories and nothing else! However, no matter how well-prepared you are, you can never avoid uncertain events in an unknown land. Also, keeping in mind the ongoing risk of the Covid-19 pandemic, it’s always better to have on of the best travel insurance to be safe than sorry.
Therefore, you must check the local travel advisory of Jordan while booking your tickets. Also, you must take the necessary precautionary measures to avoid any kind of unforeseen events. However, certain medical difficulties may arise unannounced. But that should not leave you worried and helpless amidst unknown faces. So, if you fall sick or meet with an accident in Jordan, with the help of your travel insurance, you will be able to get the necessary medical assistance on time. This is one of the most important reasons for choosing a suitable travel insurance Jordan policy with us.
But with so many options online, while choosing the travel insurance plan for your Jordan trip, you must compare travel insurance policies to pick the right one for yourself. First, keep in mind your Jordan travel insurance requirements and then browse through the travel insurance quotes. Finally, buy a plan that goes easy on your pocket and offers maximum coverage benefits.
At Tata AIG, we have the most affordable Jordan travel insurance that comes with full coverage options. Your chosen insurance plan should include medical assistance, baggage-related coverage, trip cancellation or extension coverage, repatriation coverage, etc. With the Tata AIG travel insurance Jordan plan, you can get all the above-listed features. In addition, our policies offer a great degree of financial protection to the policyholders during their international trips.
Benefits offered by the Tata AIG travel insurance Jordan plan
With a valid Tata AIG travel insurance Jordan plan, you can benefit from several travel insurance coverage advantages be it an individual travel insurance plan or a family travel insurance policy. Some of these are listed below:
1. Luggage Cover- If you end up losing your baggage during the trip or if your luggage gets delayed at the airports, the Tata AIG baggage cover can provide unmatched assistance to you. Under this cover included in our travel insurance Jordan plan, you can get reimbursement for the cost of all the items in your check-in luggage upto limits described in the policy wordings.
2. Journey Cover - With Tata AIG travel insurance for Jordan, you can get complete coverage for your international trip to Jordan. It will include financial protection against the loss of your passport, the delay or cancellation of your flights, cancellation of your hotel bookings, etc.
3. Medical Coverage- The Tata AIG travel insurance plans are specifically designed to offer much-needed coverage during illnesses or accidents during the trip. If you fall sick or meet with an accident that requires you to get hospitalised, the medical coverage will have you covered. The best part is you will also get coverage against any Covid-19 related medical expenses during the trip if hospitalized.
4. Miscellaneous Benefits -
- Travel insurance Jordan plans start at an affordable rate of ₹45.5 per day*.
- Travel insurance for Jordan from India through Tata AIG’s website comes with no requirements of a thorough medical check-up.
- Ease of paying the travel insurance policy premiums in Indian National Rupees and receiving the travel insurance Jordan coverage in Jordan.
To get the best travel insurance for Jordan, be sure to compare travel insurance plans with the help of our online travel insurance premium calculator.
Jordan Visa and Entry Information
Visa Information for Jordan
According to Jordan’s visa policies, Indians need to have a valid visa in place to enter Jordan. The only exception is for the Indian passport holders who are transiting through Jordan to a different nation and needs to stay in Jordan for less than 48 hours are allowed to be there without a visa. Indian nationals can also apply for an electronic Jordan Pass before travelling to Jordan. This Jordan Pass allows them to stay away from paying the visa on arrival fees at the airports. Apart from this, Indians can get visas on arrival when travelling to Jordan.
- Types of Jordan Visas for Indians
There are generally two kinds of Jordan visas for Indians; Tourist visas and Business visas. So, according to your purpose of visit, you can get your visa on arrival at the Jordan airport.
Tourist Visa: If you are visiting Jordan for leisure, this is the right visa for you. This visa is also provided to those visiting Jordan to meet family and friends.
Business Visa: If you are travelling to Jordan for business, you will need to opt for a Business Visa. You need to get this visa before arrival in Jordan, and its duration will vary as per your travel requirements.
Process of Application for a Jordan Visa
Technology has entirely changed the way of applying for a Jordan visa. One can apply for a Jordan visa from home through the official website of the Jordan Tourism Board. You will now be comfortable applying for a Jordan visa online from home or office.
Here is the list of documents that you will need to submit to get your Jordan visa -
- A duly filled visa application with all the necessary information.
- A cover letter stating the applicant's name and their tour plan.
- A copy of the passport with a minimum validity of six months.
- Documents with the flight details.
- Documents in support of hotel bookings.
- Documents supporting financial status, including bank statements and salary slips.
- Documents supporting education and professional qualification.
- For business visa, documents supporting company registration, PAN, and GST.
- A valid travel insurance Jordan.
Visa Application Process with the Jordan Embassy or Consulate
If you wish to apply for a Jordan visa through an Embassy or Consulate, you can do so by visiting the nearest Jordan Consulate/Embassy. Then, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps to get your Jordan Visa –
- Email or call the Consulate/Embassy and let them know about your requirements for a Jordan Visa.
- Collect all the necessary documents for visa application and fill up the visa application form. Then, you can visit the Embassy or Consulate to submit these or email them.
- You will then have to wait for your visa to get processed, and once it’s done, you need to visit the Consulate/Embassy to collect the same.
In case of any queries, you can get in touch with the Jordan Embassy at the below-mentioned address
|Embassy/Consulate||Address||Working Hours||Contact Number|
|Embassy of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan||N 14, August Kranti Marg, Panchsheel Park North, New Delhi - 110017||Monday to Friday 9.00 AM – 4.00 PM||0091 11 26497031/2|
Jordan Trip: Safety and Precautionary Measures to Be Undertaken
When you land in Jordan, you should always follow and obey every single safety precaution that the Jordan government has posed for its tourists. Some of which are listed below -
- Always keep your passport with you, and keep it safe.
- Stay away from participating in any demonstrations.
- Keep following the local news and adjust your travel itinerary accordingly.
- Respect the local laws and regulations posed by the local government and authorities.
- Stay away from any unlawful activities or violating the dignity of public places.
- If you find yourself in the vicinity of any large local gatherings or protests, get to a safe place or shelter to take shelter.
- Do not travel to any unknown or remote areas without proper information about the places. Take help from local authorities.
- Always go for only official and legal means of transport.
- Protect your luggage, especially in crowded spaces and tourist spots.
- Be mindful of your visa validity in Turkey and ensure that you do not overstay in the country without a valid visa.
- Get the right travel insurance Jordan policy to have sufficient financial support throughout your trip.
Covid-19 specific safety guidelines
- Cover your nose and mouth with a mask, especially in public places and while using public transport.
- Always maintain social distancing.
- Cooperate with the local Jordan government and designated authorities and follow the Covid-19 guidelines.
- Monitor yourself for any Covid-19 symptoms. Self-isolate and get tested in case you develop any of the symptoms.
If you select the best travel insurance Jordan plan, you can be well prepared for the adverse financial consequences during any such incidents during your trip to and from Jordan.
The Indian Embassy in Jordan
|Embassy/Consulate||Address||Working Hours||Contact Number|
|Embassy of India, Amman, Jordan||No 24, Al-Hidhab Street (Corner of Abu Bakr Al Banani Street), Abdoun, Amman, Jordan, PO Box no. 2168, Amman 11181, Jordan||Sunday to Thursday – 9.00 AM to 5.00 PM||00-962-6-462-2098/4637262|
International Airports in Jordan
Queen Alia International Airport, Amman
King Hussein International Airport, Aqaba
Currency and Foreign Exchange
Since 1950, the official currency of Jordan is the Jordanian Dinar which is also known as JOD.
1 Jordanian Dinar = 107.54 Indian Rupee
Jordan Tourist Places
Jordan is an offbeat travel destination with Israel to its west and Saudi Arabia & Iraq to its east. However, although it is not everyone’s cup of tea, a trip to Jordan can make anyone fall in love with the country. Here are some of the best places to visit in Jordan that you must keep in your travel itinerary –
Mount Nebo - It is one of the most sacred places for the residents of Jordan and travellers. Mount Nebo is the place where Moses was laid to rest. Hence, it is a popular pilgrimage site. Do not forget to visit this memorial of Moses on Mount Nebo during your trip to this country.
Dead Sea– It is located at the lowest point on Earth and is one of the most interesting places to behold in Jordan. The dead sea is basically a lake that straddles through the borders of Jordan and Israel. You will see the beautiful aquamarine colour at the bottom of the lake with a fading emerald colour at its bay. The hyper-saline phenomenon of the sea makes people float on its water without the help of any equipment. Also, the mineral-rich mud of the sea is used for various therapeutic treatments.
Dana Biosphere Reserve – This is the country’s largest nature reserve and is a breathtakingly beautiful place for hiking and walking on a windy day. You can go for a camping trip here and enjoy different activities like cycling trails, stargazing, cooking classes, and bird watching. This reserve talks about the heritage and biodiversity of Jordan.
Petra- The ancient Jordanian city of Petra is carved beautifully on red sandstone. However, Petra was not known to the rest of the world for hundreds of years. This place was once a flourishing business centre for the locals. In 1985, UNESCO declared Petra as a World Heritage site. In 2007, Petra was declared one of the new 7 wonders of the world.
Best Time to Visit Jordan
The best seasons to visit Jordan are in the spring and autumn. The days are warm during these months, but the nights are cool, with moderate temperatures remaining in the high twenties. This is the most pleasant climate and is perfect for touring around the places in Jordan. Also, these two seasons are perfect for hiking through the nature reserves and getting a glimpse of the best flora and fauna for the hikers.
So, now that you have all the important details for your trip to Jordan, you must get yourself a travel insurance Jordan policy to protect your trip financially. Our wide range of overseas travel insurance plans will provide you with the best coverage at just ₹45.5 per day*
You can find your choice of travel insurance Jordan plans from India on Tata AIG’s official website. Happy journey!
All the information mentioned above is well-researched and sourced from reliable sources. Since this information is subject to change, it is advisable to check the latest travel guidelines and other location-specific information before planning a trip to any location.
*Subject to change based on the nature and extent of the coverage.
Disclaimer / TnC
Your policy is subjected to terms and conditions & inclusions and exclusions mentioned in your policy wording. Please go through the documents carefully.
Frequently Asked Question
How to buy a travel insurance Jordan plan?
To buy a travel insurance Jordan policy, you can visit the official Tata AIG website and select the international travel insurance under the products section. Fill in the required personal information, then select the coverage plans you wish to have in your insurance policy. You can also add a few additional covers to your travel insurance plan for Jordan from India with us, including the following.
- Medical coverage
- Luggage coverage
- Journey coverage
Once you have opted for the coverage on your travel insurance for Jordan plan, you can make the payment online and complete the purchase of the policy. We shall deliver the policy documents to your registered email ID.
How much should I pay for a travel insurance Jordan plan?
The premium payment for your travel insurance Jordan from India will be determined by different important factors, including the duration of your stay and the sum insured you choose. Therefore, it is prudent to select an appropriate sum assured to have sufficient coverage during your trip.
This becomes even more vital if you plan your trip with your family. With the Tata AIG travel insurance Jordan plans, you can benefit from excellent coverage at a price that won’t break your bank. You can determine the price of your travel insurance Jordan plan with our Travel Insurance Premium Calculator.
What are the exclusions in travel insurance Jordan plan?
Some of the exclusions in an international travel insurance plan are loss of passport or delays due to detention or confiscation by the police or any other authorities, any loss due to a threat to national security like riots, and non-medical expenses that you incur. Moreover, if a medical emergency is caused if you travel against the advice of your doctor and pre-existing disease-related emergencies will not be covered.
Does the travel insurance Jordan plan have a free-look period?
We offer a 15-day free look period on annual and multi-trip policies. But if you are purchasing a single trip policy for your trip to Jordan, no free look period is provided to you.
If there is a change in my travel dates to Jordan, can I make the changes to the travel dates mentioned in the policy?
Yes, you can change the travel dates mentioned in the policy before the commencement of your travel insurance plan, which is the same as your date of travel.
When will my travel insurance Jordan from Tata AIG end?
The end date of your international travel insurance plan will be mentioned on your policy document. For single trip policies, the travel insurance ends as soon as your trip ends and you return to your city of residence. For multi-trip policies, you can check the dates on your policy document.
I am immigrating to Jordan. Do I need a travel insurance plan?
We provide travel insurance for work, leisure, and business purposes. You can also buy a travel insurance Jordan plan if you travel for study purposes. However, if you are planning to migrate, the travel insurance plan will not be able to cover you.