Travel Insurance Hong Kong
Hong Kong Travel Insurance
A trip to Hong Kong can provide you with the most thrilling experience. You can have endless fun with your co-travellers and take part in various entertainment activities. The country is home to glitzy malls, iconic skyscrapers, impressive gadget souks, lush green nature, legalised casinos, and no service tax!
Hong Kong can bring to the plate loads of possibilities for you as a traveller. So much so, that a few days in Hong Kong can rejuvenate you during this post-pandemic situation. However, we must not forget that the threat of the virus is here to stay, and hence, it’s always better to be safe than sorry! So, when planning a trip to Hong Kong, you should not forget to opt for a travel insurance policy.
With Tata AIG, you can compare travel insurance plans online and then choose a travel policy as per your needs. For instance, if you are making the trip with your family, then an appropriate family travel insurance policy will help cover all family members during the course of the trip.
Our international travel insurance for Hong Kong from India is easy to purchase or renew online. With us, you can buy cheap travel insurance for Hong Kong with comprehensive coverage against every kind of trip-related exigency.
So, when planning a trip to Hong Kong or Macau anytime soon, you must pick the right travel insurance for Hong Kong online with us. Our travel policy will ensure complete financial protection towards your trip and will also cover you against any unprecedented accidents.
At Tata AIG, we have a huge array of travel insurance plans to suit every requirement of the travellers, at just ₹45.5 per day*.
Major Benefits of Buying a Travel Insurance Hong Kong Policy
International trips could be cumbersome if you do not plan them better. Also, any trip can come with unexpected circumstances and events like illness, accidents, etc. Therefore, even before you book your tickets for Hong Kong, you should buy travel insurance to keep your financial woes at bay!
Here are some of the major advantages of having a travel insurance Hong Kong plan in place with Tata AIG -
- Local trip assistance
- Flight hijack cover
- Coverage for loss or delay of baggage
- Cover against personal liability
- Cover against accidents, illnesses, and COVID-19 care to the tune of $5,00,000
- Cover against medical emergencies arising from physical tests and treatment of Covid-19 during the trip, if hospitalized
- Swift and hassle-free purchase of the Tata AIG travel insurance Hong Kong plans online
- Affordable travel insurance India to Hong Kong, starting at just ₹45.5 per day*
- Automatic extension of your travel insurance for the Hong Kong plan for up to 60 days or date of discharge whichever is lesser in the event of hospitalization close to the expiry date of the plan.
- Automatic 7-day extension of your travel insurance Hong Kong policy following a cancellation or delay of your flight back home.
Travel Insurance for Hong Kong from India
Hong Kong, as an international travel destination, has it all. The country never ceases to amaze its visitors. If you are fond of different cuisines, then you can have your best time in Hong Kong. For shopaholics, Hong Kong could be a paradise! And for party heads, Hong Kong has some of the most enticing rooftop bars and pubs!
A large number of people from India visit Hong Kong every year. And even if you are visiting the place for work, you must always buy a travel insurance policy to ensure safety during the trip. Basically, your travel policy for Hong Kong will cover your financial losses during any unprecedented events in a foreign land.
You may fall sick or meet with an accident. Or you may end up losing your luggage somewhere during the journey. You may even lose your passport while travelling in and around Hong Kong. And when you are in an unknown land, amidst unknown faces, you will surely get anxious with no help around. In such cases, our travel insurance will help! In case you are travelling alone for business purposes, you can opt for a specific business travel insurance that will keep you safe on your trip.
Even hospitalisation or treatments in Hong Kong could be expensive. And if you do not have travel insurance with the needed medical coverage, you may end up losing most of your savings. At Tata AIG, our travel policy will compensate for your monetary losses and will provide comprehensive coverage against your trip. And in case you are still not sure what you need to have in your insurance plan, you can compare travel insurance plans on our website, calculate premium amounts, and then choose one as per your feasibility.
At Tata AIG, you can buy cheap travel insurance for Hong Kong plans to cover a wide range of hostile events that may arise during your trip. Hence, if your tickets are booked for Hong Kong, you should right away apply for a Tata AIG travel insurance Hong Kong policy.
Why Do You Need Travel Insurance for Hong Kong from India?
When you start planning for a trip to Hong Kong, you should also think about how well-prepared you are when it comes to managing sudden stress during the trip. It may include an accident or you may fall prey to certain local crimes like pick-pocketing, theft or so on. Also, you may get affected by the Coronavirus. And hence, it’s always better to keep yourself as financially protected as possible.
Also, you should always check the travel advisory by the government of Hong Kong before booking your tickets for this wonderful place. And to keep your medical exigencies and other trip-related emergencies at bay, you must have a solid travel insurance Hong Kong plan in place. Coping with financial worries in a foreign land could be tough. But with Tata AIG’s travel insurance policy in hand, you will find it easier to avail of medical assistance without the help of any locals.
However, when choosing a travel policy for Hong Kong, you need to be aware of what you exactly need from it. Hence, it’s better to browse through the options, go through the policy inclusions & exclusions, features, prices, and then choose one that you feel is the right one for you. Always remember that your chosen travel insurance plan should include baggage-related coverage, medical coverage, trip cancellation and extension coverage, repatriation coverage, and so on.
With the Tata AIG travel insurance Hong Kong plan, you will get all the above-listed features and much more. Our travel policy will offer a substantial degree of financial protection during your international trip to Hong Kong.
Benefits offered by the Tata AIG travel insurance Hong Kong plan
With a valid Tata AIG travel insurance Hong Kong plan, you can benefit from a number of travel insurance coverage options. Some of the benefits are listed below:
1. Baggage Cover - If you end up losing your luggage during the trip or if it gets delayed at the airports, the Tata AIG baggage cover can offer unmatched assistance to you. Under this feature, you can opt for full reimbursement for the cost of all the items in your check-in luggage.
2. Journey Cover- With Tata AIG travel insurance for Hong Kong, you will get complete coverage for your journey to this international destination. It will include protection against the loss of your passport, the delay or cancellation of your flights, cancellation of your hotel bookings, and so on.
3. Medical Assistance - The Tata AIG travel insurance Hong Kong plans are designed to offer extensive coverage during any kind of illness or accident during your trip. If you fall sick or meet with an accident that requires you to get hospitalized, this medical coverage will have your finances covered. The best part is, you will also get coverage against any Covid-19 related medical expenses during the trip.
4. Miscellaneous Benefits
- Travel insurance Hong Kong plans start at an affordable rate of ₹45.5 per day*.
- Buy travel insurance Hong Kong through the Tata AIG website with no requirements of a thorough medical check-up.
- Ease of paying the travel insurance policy premiums in Indian National Rupees and receiving the travel insurance Hong Kong coverage in Hong Kong.
Hong Kong Visa and Entry Information
Visa Information for Hong Kong
Indians can visit Hong Kong without a visa if they are able to complete their Pre-arrival registration successfully (PAR) online. PAR application is easy and is also free of charge. If you are planning to visit Hong Kong, you should apply for PAR at least 4 to 6 weeks prior to your trip. You can apply for it online if you hold an Indian passport that’s valid for a minimum of 6 months and if you plan a visit to Hong Kong for not more than 14 days.
This PAR registration will be valid for 6 months and you can visit Hong Kong multiple times but for less than 14 days each time. For registration, you need to provide your valid Indian passport and PAR notification slip.
Types of Hong Kong Visas for Indians
The Hong Kong visa will depend upon your need to enter Hong Kong. Here are the four different types of visas that you need to have information about before planning a trip to the country –
1.Work Visa - If you need to go to Hong Kong regarding work, you need to provide a work permit to get a work visa to Hong Kong. Work visa holders can apply for residency for their spouses and children. However, work visas cannot be transferred from one person to another.
2. Dependent Visa - All work visa owners can apply for a dependent visa for their family members. For your parents who are more than 60 years of age should also opt for a dependent visa if you stay in Hong Kong.
3. Visa for Up to 14 Days - As discussed above, in order to get a visa for Hong Kong, you need to show the PAR and a valid Indian passport. The ones who are exempted from the need for pre-arrival registration include holders of an Indian diplomatic passport or a Hong Kong Travel Pass.
4.Visa for More Than 14 Days - You can apply for a visa through the Hong Kong embassy or consulate. If you have a sponsor, they can help with your Hong Kong visa application form as well. However, a sponsor should either be a Hong Kong resident or an organisation and should be at least 18 years old. Also, they should be your acquaintance.
Process of Application for an Indonesian Visa
The following documents are needed to apply for a Hong Kong visa from India –
- A duly filled Hong Kong Visa Application Form.
- A recent photograph of the applicant affixed on the form.
- A photocopy of the applicant’s travel document.
- A photocopy of the proof of financial status of the traveller including any of these bank statements/savings account passbooks/tax payment receipts/employment certificate.
- A copy of the trip details and hotel bookings.
- Proof of purpose of visit (package tour receipt/itinerary).
- A copy of the sponsor’s Hong Kong Identity card (for a visa for more than 14 days).
- A copy of the sponsor’s passport ID page (for a visa for more than 14 days).
Visa Application Process with the Indonesian Embassy or Consulate
If you wish to get your visa from Hong Kong directly by visiting the Hong Kong Embassies in India, here are the details of the same –
|EMBASSY / CONSULATE||ADDRESS||CONTACT DETAILS||WORKING HOURS||WEBSITE|
|Embassy of the People’s Republic of China||50, Shantipath, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi, Delhi 110021||098103 41609||Monday to Thursday (9:00 AM - 4:00 PM) Friday (8:30 AM - 3:30 PM)||http://kolkata.china-consulate.org/eng/|
|Chinese Consulate General, Kolkata||EC-72, EC Block, Sector 1, Salt Lake City, Kolkata, West Bengal, 700064||033 4001 0210||Monday-Friday (10:30 AM - 11:30 AM)||http://uaeembassy-newdelhi.com/consularservices_consulate-offices.asp||http://www.visaforchina.org/DEL_EN/|
Indonesia Trip: Safety and Precautionary Measures to Be Undertaken
When you are in Hong Kong, you need to follow the travel advisory posted by the Hong Kong government. Some of which are listed below -
- Always keep your passport safe with you.
- Stay away from participating in any local demonstrations.
- If you find yourself in the vicinity of any large local gatherings or protests, get to a safe place or shelter to take shelter.
- Always follow the local news and adjust your travel itinerary according to it.
- Respect the local laws and regulations as posed by the local government and authorities.
- Stay away from any unlawful activities and do not violate the dignity of public places.
- Do not travel to any unknown or remote areas without proper information about the places. Take help from local authorities.
- Always go for only official and legal means of transport.
- Be mindful of your visa validity in Hong Kong and ensure that you do not overstay in the country without a valid visa in hand.
- Protect your baggage and belongings, especially in crowded spaces and tourist spots.
- Opt for the best travel insurance Hong Kong plan to have appropriate financial support throughout your trip.
Covid-19 specific safety guidelines for travellers
- Always wear a non-surgical mask to cover your mouth and nose when in a public place.
- Maintain social distancing.
- Wash your hands regularly and carry a hand sanitiser when travelling.
- Try to stay healthy, keep yourself hydrated and monitor yourself for any COVID-19 symptoms. If you experience any symptoms, self-isolate yourself and get tested as soon as possible.
- Cooperate with the local government to make it easier for them to keep Hong Kong safe and secure by following all local COVID-19 guidelines.
If you develop any COVID-19 symptoms or require any emergency medical help, you can always use your travel insurance and get financial help.
The Indian Embassy in Hong Kong
|EMBASSY / CONSULATE||Working Hours||Address||Phone Number|
|Consulate of India||Monday-Friday (9:00 AM - 5:30 PM)||95 Queensway, Central, Hong Kong||+852 2528 4028|
International Airports in Hong Kong
These are the major international airports in Hong Kong –
- Hong Kong International Airport
- Macau International Airport
Currency and Foreign Exchange
Hong Kong has its own currency and it is called the Hong Kong dollar (HKD). The country uses a different currency to Mainland China's yuan (RMB) or the Macau pataca (MAP). It is easier in Hong Kong to exchange currencies. Also, all kinds of international cards are accepted widely in HK. You can also withdraw money quite easily in Hong Kong through ATMs.
Popular Tourist Places in Hong Kong
In Hong Kong, apart from shopping and indulging in local cuisines, you can also visit a number of local destinations. From temples to museums, there are a number of places to explore when in Hong Kong. Here are a few most important tourist places that should be on your itinerary –
- Madame Tussauds
Madame Tussauds in Hong Kong is one of the main tourist attractions. The museum is home to wax statues of some of the biggest global icons including film stars, popular sports stars, and other celebrities. A visit to the museum might just let you meet your favourite celebrity and that is something you wouldn’t like to miss!
- Man Mo Temple
Man Mo Temple is one of the oldest temples in the country. It is a Cantonese transliteration of the Wen Wu temple and it is about worshipping the God of literature and the God of War. The best part is the interiors of the temple replicate several popular video games.
- Po Lin Monastery and Tian Tan Buddha
The Monastery was constructed in 1993 and during the same time, the Big Buddha’s statue was constructed as well. This is one of the major tourist destinations in Hong Kong. Here, you can also experience an amazing long gondola ride and then take a few steps to reach the Buddha statue. The beautiful bronze Buddha Statue is something that you shouldn’t miss.
- Flora Garden
This is one of the largest public gardens in São Lázaro, Macau, China. Located at the foothills of Guia hill, this garden is stunning to look at. The garden was used as a Flora Palace during Portuguese rule in Macau. The flower bed is absolutely charming and a walkway through the waterfall will make you fall in love with the place.
Best Time to Visit Hong Kong
The best time to visit Hong Kong is anytime between October and December. During these months, the temperature in Hong Kong is comfortable and the hotel rates are reasonable. After the New Year, there is usually a rise in the prices for tickets and other essentials. After December, the hotel prices also rise and the streets get crowded with visitors from all around the world. Even summer months are quite popular in Hong Kong for visitors from colder countries. However, if you wish to protect your pocket, avoid visiting Hong Kong during the Chinese national holidays and large conventions.
So, now that you have all the required information during your trip to Hong Kong, you should also opt for a travel insurance Hong Kong plan. Our wide collection of international travel insurance plans for Hong Kong will offer the best coverage at just ₹45.5 per day*
You can find the best travel insurance Hong Kong plans from India on Tata AIG’s official website.
Frequently Asked Question
How to buy a travel insurance Hong Kong plan?
To buy a travel insurance Hong Kong plan, you can visit our website and go to International Travel Insurance under the products section. Fill in your personal information and select the coverage plans you wish to have in your travel policy. You can also add some additional covers to your travel insurance for Hong Kong with us, including the following.
- Medical coverage
- Baggage coverage
- Journey coverage
Once you have opted for the coverage on your travel insurance Hong Kong plan, you can make your payment online and complete the purchase with just a few clicks. Once we receive the payment, we will send the policy to your registered email ID.
How much should I pay for a travel insurance Hong Kong policy?
The premium payment for your travel insurance Hong Kong plan will be determined by various factors. It will include the duration of your trip and the sum insured you choose. Hence, it is prudent to select an appropriate sum assured in order to have adequate coverage during your stay in Hong Kong.
Also, if you are travelling with your family, it is all the more necessary to have a travel insurance plan in place. With the Tata AIG travel insurance Hong Kong plans, you can avail of excellent coverage at a price that won’t break your bank. You can determine the price of your travel insurance Hong Kong policy with our online Travel Insurance Premium Calculator.
All the information mentioned above is well-researched and sourced from reliable sources. Since this information is subject to change, it is advisable to check the latest travel guidelines and other location-specific information before planning a trip to any location. *Subject to change based on the nature and extent of the coverage.