Travel Insurance Turkey From India
Travel Insurance for Turkey
From historical ruins, amazing food, and picturesque monuments, Turkey has it all for travellers from around the world! Turkey is a great amalgamation of Asia and Europe, and if you are keen on experiencing the best of both worlds, a visit to Turkey should be on your bucket list.
However, when you reach Turkey, you could be overwhelmed with the places to visit, and hence, it’s prudent to be well-prepared beforehand. You need to create a list of places to visit and local cuisines that you must try tasting while on your vacation in Turkey. And apart from this, you should also ensure that you keep yourself healthy till the end of your trip.
But no matter how well-prepared we are before an international trip, several unforeseen incidents like falling sick or meeting with an accident or losing a bag of luggage may arise. And in such cases, it’s always better to protect your hard-earned money! And how to do that? Of course, by opting for a robust travel insurance Turkey policy. The best travel insurance for Turkey online plan from Tata AIG will keep your pockets secured from any of such uninvited accidents during the trip. So, if you fall sick or meet with an accident during the trip, or if you lose your baggage in Turkey, your travel insurance policy will pay for the loss.
On the official website of Tata AIG, you can compare travel insurance policies for your trip to Turkey. Our overseas travel insurance plan for Turkey starts as low as just ₹45.5 per day*. Also, on our website, the policy purchase, renewal, and claim processes are hassle-free and safe. If you are travelling with your family, you can purchase the family travel insurance plan for Turkey.
Major Benefits of Buying a Travel Insurance Turkey Policy
As you are already quite aware of what a beautiful destination Turkey is, a trip there could be very exciting for you! But as you will be travelling to a new country for the very first time, it’s important to be fully prepared for any kind of trip-related emergencies that may come unannounced. Accidents may arise at any point in time, or you may fall sick, lose your baggage, or any other personal belongings. But with travel insurance in place, you will be able to keep your financial worries at bay!
Here are some of the major advantages of having a travel insurance Turkey policy with Tata AIG -
- Local journey assistance
- Flight hijack cover
- Coverage for loss or delay of luggage
- Cover against personal liabilities
- Cover against hospitalisation due to accidents, illnesses, and COVID-19 care to the tune of $5,00,000
- Cover against medical emergencies due to Accident & Sickness, including the treatment of Covid-19 during the trip, if hospitalised
- With Tata AIG, buy travel insurance for Turkey online in a swift and hassle-free way
- Affordable travel insurance for Turkey from India starting at just ₹45.5 per day*
- Automatic extension of your travel insurance Turkey plan for up to 60 days or date of discharge whichever is lesser in the event of hospitalisation close to the expiry date of the insurance plan
- Automatic 7-day extension of your travel insurance Turkey policy due to the cancellation or delay of your flight back to India
Travel Insurance Turkey from India
Turkey is a beautiful holiday destination for travellers all over the world. It is picturesque, filled with ancient cultural heritage, and is unique in its way! There are 13 world heritage sites in Turkey as listed by UNESCO, and the list ranges from the Biblical city of Ephesus, a Mesolithic temple, to Gallipoli, which is a World War One battlefield. All of this makes Turkey one of the most-visited international destinations for Indians.
Although a travel insurance plan isn’t a must for your Turkey trip, such a plan will keep your trip protected. Your domestic health insurance or travel insurance will not cover any mishap abroad. As you will be travelling in a different country, amidst a different environment, you will not know what to do and whom to ask for help in case of an accident or if you fall sick.
So, with travel insurance Turkey in place, you can keep your financial worries at bay! Your chosen overseas travel insurance will cover the medical costs and the expensive medical bills in case of hospitalisation. Also, if you lose your baggage, your flight gets cancelled or delayed, your passport is lost, and so on, your insurance policy will compensate for the same. And with Tata AIG, the whole policy buying process is absolutely easy.
At Tata AIG, you can buy travel insurance for a Turkey visa to cover a wide variety of adverse events that may arise during your trip. Therefore, if your tickets are done for Turkey, do not waste any more time applying for a Tata AIG travel insurance Turkey policy today!
Why Do You Need Travel Insurance Turkey from India?
While planning a trip to Turkey, you need to thoroughly plan every leg of the trip. This will ensure that you only come back with happy memories! However, even if you are well-prepared, you can never avoid uncertain accidents. Again, keeping in mind the lurking risk of the Covid-19 pandemic, it’s always better to be safe than sorry.
Hence, not only should you always check the travel advisory by the Turkish government before travelling to this beautiful nation, but you should also take every single precautionary measure to avoid any kind of unforeseen vulnerability. However, you may still fall prey to certain medical difficulties that may leave you worried and helpless. If you end up falling sick or meet with an accident in Turkey, you will find it hard to avail of medical assistance on your own. This is one of the biggest reasons for buying a suitable travel insurance Turkey policy.
But while choosing the travel insurance policy online, you shouldn’t forget to compare travel insurance plans in hand to choose the right one for yourself. Always browse through the travel insurance quote online and then buy travel insurance for Turkey that goes easy on your pocket. At Tata AIG, we have the most affordable Turkey travel insurance price that comes with better coverage as well. Your chosen policy should include medical assistance, baggage-related coverage, trip cancellation or extension coverage, repatriation coverage, and so on.
With the Tata AIG travel insurance Turkey plan, you can get all the above-listed features and a lot more. Our policy will offer you a great degree of financial protection during your international trip to Turkey.
Here are some of the benefits offered by the Tata AIG travel insurance Turkey plan
With a valid Tata AIG travel insurance Turkey policy, you can benefit from several travel insurance coverage benefits. Some of these are listed below:
1. Luggage Cover - If during the trip, you end up losing your baggage or if your luggage gets delayed at the airports, the Tata AIG baggage cover can provide unmatched assistance to you. Under this cover included in our travel insurance Turkey plan, you can seek full reimbursement for the cost of all the items in your check-in luggage.
2. Journey Cover - With Tata AIG travel insurance for Turkey, you can get complete coverage for your international trip to Turkey. It will include full financial protection against the loss of your passport, the delay or cancellation of your flights, cancellation of your hotel bookings, etc.
3. Medical Coverage - The Tata AIG travel insurance plans are specifically designed to offer much-needed coverage during any kind of illness or accident during the trip. If you fall sick or meet with an accident that requires you to get hospitalised, the medical coverage will have you covered. The best part is you will also get coverage against any Covid-19 related medical expenses during the trip.
4. Miscellaneous Benefits -
- Travel insurance Turkey plans start at an affordable rate of ₹45.5 per day*.
- Buy travel insurance for Turkey through Tata AIG’s website with no requirements of a thorough medical check-up.
- Ease of paying the travel insurance policy premiums in Indian National Rupees and receiving the travel insurance Turkey coverage in Turkish Lira.
To get the best travel insurance for Turkey, be sure to compare travel insurance plans with the help of our travel insurance premium calculator online.
Turkey Visa and Entry Information
Visa Information For Turkey
If you have an ordinary passport and have a valid Schengen or UK, USA, Ireland visa, you can get your 30-day single-entry e-Visa for Turkey from https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/. You can also get the same through this website link if you travel by Egypt Air or Turkish Airlines.
Indian passport holders need to have an electronic visa (e-Visa) or a sticker visa that has been issued by a Turkish diplomatic or consular mission abroad for entering Turkey. For this, Indians need to have all the valid supporting documents like a valid Schengen visa, a valid visa from any OECD member nation, or a valid residence permit of an OECD or Schengen country. The validity of your Turkish e-Visa will be linked directly with the validity of your supporting documents.
For most Turkish visas, online application is possible. However, for some applications that need a passport or other important supporting documents, the application process may happen through the immigration authorities.
Types of Turkish Visas for Indians
Turkey grants 5 different types of visas which you can choose from depending upon the purpose of your visit.
1. Tourist Visa : If you are travelling to attend any seminars, exhibition, exhibition, sportive activity, cultural activity, or as a tourist. Or, if you are planning to visit the Republic of Turkey of Northern Cyprus, you need to apply for a tourist visa.
2. Official Visa : Official visa is granted for courier and duty assignments.
3. Education Visa : The ones travelling for education purposes, course purposes, internship AIESEC (Association internationale des étudiants en sciences économiques et commerciales), internship ERASMUS, or are looking for an internship visa or visiting the country to learn the Turkish language will need to apply for a student or an education visa.
4. Work Visa : Work visa is for the travellers assigned artists or journalists who are travelling for employment purposes. It is also given to the assigned academics, lecturers, sportspeople, or free-zone labourers.
5.Other Visa : Those visiting the country for documentary purposes, for family union, or medical or health treatment purposes fall under the category of other visas.
Process of Application for a Turkish Visa
When applying for a Turkey visa from India, you will need to submit a few essential documents as part of the application process. The documents required for a Turkey visa for Indians as listed below are all mandatory for all applicants:
- A passport with at least 6 months of validity.
- Proof of confirmation of flight bookings, hotel reservations, and travel itinerary for your entire trip duration.
- A copy of your completed visa application form.
- Proof of your financial capability to support yourself during your stay. Turkey requires travellers to have at least ₹3,179 per day for staying in the country.
- Proof of having a Police Clearance Certificate (PPC). If you have travelled to the United Kingdom, United States of America, or any other Schengen country, PPC is not required.
Visa Application Process with the Turkish Embassy or Consulate
In order to apply for a Turkish visa, you need to download the visa application form first.
- Then you need to fill the form online with accurate details
- Then take a printout, and sign the form
- Next, you need to submit the duly filled form, along with the visa application fee and the documents required for a Turkey tourist visa at the nearest Visa Application Centre.
- Once the visa is processed, you can collect the relevant documents from the centre in person or have them couriered.
|Turkish Embassy||Address||Contact Number||Website|
|New Delhi||50-N, Nyaya Marg, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi-110021, India||0091112688 9053||http://newdelhi.emb.mfa.gov.tr/|
Turkish Trip: Safety and Precautionary Measures to Be Undertaken
When you are in Turkey, you must obey all the safety precautions that the Turkish government has posed. Some of which are listed below -
- Always keep your passport with you, and keep it safe.
- Stay away from participating in any demonstrations.
- Keep following the local news and adjust your travel itinerary accordingly.
- Respect the local laws and regulations as posed by the local government and authorities.
- Stay away from any unlawful activities or violating the dignity of public places.
- If you find yourself in the vicinity of any large local gatherings or protests, get to a safe place or shelter to take shelter.
- Do not travel to any unknown or remote areas without proper information about the places. Take help from local authorities.
- Always go for only official and legal means of transport.
- Protect your luggage, especially in crowded spaces and tourist spots.
- Be mindful of your visa validity in Turkey and ensure that you do not overstay in the country without a valid visa.
- Opt for the best travel insurance Turkey plan to have sufficient financial support throughout your trip.
Covid-19 specific safety guidelines
- Cover your nose and mouth with a mask, especially in public places and while using public transport.
- Always maintain social distancing.
- Cooperate with the local Turkish government and designated authorities and follow the applicable Covid-19 guidelines.
- Monitor yourself for any Covid-19 symptoms. Self-isolate and get tested in case you develop any of the symptoms.
If you select the best travel insurance Turkey policy, you can be well prepared for the adverse financial consequences during any such incidents during your trip to and from Turkey.
The Indian Embassy in Turkey
|Embassy||Address||Working Hours||Contact Details||Website|
|Embassy of India||Çankaya Mahallesi, 06680 Çankaya/Ankara, Turkey||Monday to Friday: 9:00 am - 5:30 pm||+90 312 438 21 95||http://www.indembassy.org.tr/|
International Airports in Turkey
- Istanbul Atatürk Airport
- Antalya Airport
- Ankara Esenboğa Airport
- Trabzon Airport
- Dalaman Airport
Currency and Foreign Exchange
The official currency in Turkey is the Turkish Lira. This is the widely accepted currency in the country. The currency code is TRY. The symbol of the Turkish Lira is TL. Here is a list of foreign exchange rates:
For the Latest INR to Turkish Lira conversion rate, check here:
Turkish Tourist Places
Turkey is a beautiful country to travel to and if you have made up your mind about visiting Turkey anytime soon, there are a few places in the country that you shouldn’t miss visiting. Here is a simple list of the most famous Turkish tourist destinations that must be on your bucket list –
Pamukkale: It is a town in western Turkey and is known for the mineral-rich thermal waters that flow down through the white travertine terraces on a nearby hillside. This town neighbours the Hierapolis, an ancient Roman spa city founded around 190 BC. The ruins include a well-preserved theatre and a necropolis with sarcophagi that stretch for around 2 km.
Mardin: One of the oldest and unique settlements in south-eastern Turkey. Mardin is located on a strategic hilltop that overlooks. the plains of Mesopotamia. The place is known for its cultural diversity and sandstone buildings cascading down the hill. You can meander through terraced houses, and the popular sites here include Deyrü’z-Zafaran Monastery, one of the world's oldest monasteries, and the Sultan Isa Medresesi, a mediaeval monument that was once an astronomical observatory.
Topkapi Palace: It is the largest palace in Istanbul and was one of the principal residences of the Ottoman sultans for almost 400 years (1465–1856) of their entire 624-year reign. The palace was home to around 4,000 people at its peak, and it covered a large area with a long shoreline. There are mosques, a hospital, bakeries, and a mint inside.
Bosphorus Strait: It is a narrow, natural strait and is an internationally acclaimed waterway located in north-western Turkey. This trait forms part of the continental boundary between Europe and Asia and parts of Asian Turkey from European Turkey. This also connects the Black Sea with the Sea of Marmara and through the Dardanelles, the Aegean, and the Mediterranean Seas.
Best Time to Visit Turkey
When you talk about visiting Turkey during the entire year, you will often hear the terms; high season, shoulder season, and low season. In Turkey, the high season is from May through September. During these months, the temperature is pleasant. However, the hotel and trip fares soar high. There are two shoulder seasons in Turkey; April and October through mid-November. If you wish to visit when the crowd is less, you should book your tickets during the shoulder seasons. You will find moderate temperatures and several discounts on accommodations and airfares during these months. The low season in Turkey runs from mid-November until March. During this time, temperatures drop, bringing the prospect of rain or snow.
So, now that you have all the important details related to your trip to Turkey, you should think about opting for the right travel insurance Turkey plan to protect your trip financially. Our wide range of overseas travel insurance plans will provide you with the best coverage at just ₹45.5 per day*
You can find the best travel insurance Turkey plans from India on Tata AIGs official website.
All the information mentioned above is well-researched and sourced from reliable sources. Since this information is subject to change, it is advisable to check the latest travel guidelines and other location-specific information before planning a trip to any location.
*Subject to change based on the nature and extent of the coverage.
Frequently Asked Question
How to buy a travel insurance Turkey plan?
To buy a travel insurance Turkey policy, you can visit Tata AIG’s website and select the international travel insurance under the products section. Fill in the required personal information, then select the coverage plans you wish to have in your insurance policy. You can also add a few additional covers to your travel insurance plan for Turkey with us, including the following.
- Medical coverage
- Luggage coverage
- Journey coverage
Once you have opted for the coverage on your travel insurance Turkey plan, you can make the payment online and complete the purchase of the policy. We shall deliver the policy documents to your registered email ID.
How much should I pay for a travel insurance Turkey plan?
The premium payment for your travel insurance Turkey plan will be determined by different important factors, including the duration of your stay and the sum insured you choose. It is prudent to select an appropriate sum assured to have sufficient coverage during your trip.
This becomes even more vital if you plan your trip with your family. With the Tata AIG travel insurance Turkey plans, you can benefit from excellent coverage at a price that won’t break your bank. You can determine the price of your travel insurance Turkey plan with our Travel Insurance Premium Calculator.
What are the exclusions in travel insurance Turkey plan?
Some of the exclusions in an international travel insurance plan are loss of passport or delays due to detention or confiscation by the police or any other authorities, any loss due to threat to national security like riots, and non-medical expenses that you incur. Moreover, if a medical emergency is caused if you travel against the advice of your doctor and pre-existing disease-related emergencies will not be covered.
Does the travel insurance Turkey plan have a free-look period?
We offer a 15-day free look period on annual and multi-trip policies. But if you are purchasing a single trip policy for your trip to Turkey, no free look period is provided to you.
If there is a change in my travel dates to Turkey, can I make the changes to the travel dates mentioned in the policy?
Yes, you can change the travel dates mentioned in the policy before the commencement of your travel insurance plan, which is the same as your date of travel.
When will my travel insurance Turkey from Tata AIG end?
The end date of your international travel insurance plan will be mentioned on your policy document. For single trip policies, the travel insurance ends as soon as your trip ends and you return to your city of residence. For multi-trip policies, you can check the dates on your policy document.
I am immigrating to Turkey, do I need a travel insurance plan?
We provide travel insurance for work, leisure, and business purposes. You can also buy a travel insurance Turkey plan if you are travelling for study purposes. If you are planning to migrate, the travel insurance plan will not be able to cover you.