Travel Insurance Qatar From India
Travel Insurance Qatar
Situated in Western Asia and considered as one of the busiest and most iconic transit gateways for international travellers worldwide, Qatar is all things luxury! The kind of hospitality Qatar has to offer to its visitors is unmatched. Also, this makes Qatar one of the top tourist destinations for travellers from around the globe.
If you are planning a trip to this beautiful country anytime soon, it’s time that you start preparing a bucket list. This is important because once you land in Qatar, you will be overwhelmed with sightseeing options, and also, there will be no shortage of activities to experience. Qatar will have no boundaries for you from taking part in water sports to being involved in its local art and will deliver you with its finest services throughout the year.
But no matter how well you plan your trip to Qatar, accidents may come unannounced. From falling sick, meeting with an accident, losing luggage, or missing a flight, you may end up falling prey to any of such trip-related adversities. And hence, to keep your mind worry-free and your pockets safe, it’s prudent to have a robust travel insurance plan.
Qatar's international travel insurance policy from India will keep your trip protected against different kinds of emergencies. At Tata AIG, we have the best Qatar travel insurance online. Our international travel insurance plans are designed with the right kind of coverage options for maximum financial protection. So, when you have our travel insurance Qatar policy in place, you will not have to worry about breaking the bank!
The best part is, at Tata AIG, our online travel insurance claim procedure is absolutely hassle-free, similar to the policy purchase and renewal processes online. Also, our international travel plans start from as low as only ₹45.5 per day*. If you are travelling with your family, you can purchase the family travel insurance plan for Qatar.
Major Benefits of Buying a Travel Insurance Qatar Policy
Your first trip to Qatar could be exciting as well as an edgy one! This is because as you will be travelling to Qatar for the very first time, you will never know what you can expect in an unknown land. Accidents may happen at any point in time. You may fall sick, meet with an accident, lose your suitcase, miss a flight, get hospitalised, etc. But with a valid travel insurance policy in place, you can keep your financial worries at bay!
Here are some of the major advantages of having a travel insurance Qatar plan with Tata AIG -
- Local journey assistance
- Trip Delay and Passport Loss
- Coverage for loss or delay of luggage
- Cover against personal liabilities
- Cover against hospitalisation due to accidents, illnesses, and COVID-19 care to the tune of $5,00,000
- Cover against medical emergencies due to Accident & Sickness, including the treatment of Covid-19 during the trip, if hospitalized
- With Tata AIG, buy travel insurance online Qatar in a hassle-free and fast way
- Affordable Qatar travel insurance online from India starting at just ₹45.5 per day*
- Automatic extension of your travel insurance for Qatar from India plan for up to 60 days or date of discharge, whichever is lesser in the event of hospitalization close to the expiry date of the insurance plan
- Automatic 7-day extension of your travel insurance Qatar plan due to the cancellation or delay of your flight back to India
Qatar Travel Insurance Online from India
So, if you have a scheduled stop in Qatar for a few days or if you are simply looking forward to spending a few days in this tiny Gulf nation, then you should prepare yourself well in advance! Qatar is considered one of the safest countries globally, and the kind of Arabian hospitality it has to offer to its visitors is simply unmatched! Qatar will take your breath away from the wide variety of foods, beautiful beaches, adventure sports for adrenaline junkies, and of course, dune tours!
However, to experience the best of Qatar, you should ensure the total safety of your trip. This will ensure that you come back home with nothing else but happy memories! But you will never know what an unknown land will have for you to experience when you are there. Hence, a travel insurance Qatar online policy is a must!
A travel insurance Qatar policy will offer you the needed financial support in a different nation amidst unknown faces and different cultures. In Qatar, even though the locales are safe and people are helpful, you will not know where to go if you meet with an accident. But with the right kind of travel insurance Qatar policy, you can keep your financial worries at bay! Our international travel insurance will cover all kinds of medical emergencies and treatment costs overseas. Also, if you lose your baggage or passport, your valid travel insurance for Qatar from India will compensate for the same.
At Tata AIG, you can buy travel insurance online Qatar plans to cover a wide range of accidental events that may arise during your trip. Therefore, if your tickets for Qatar are done and if your hotels are booked, it could be just the right time to apply for a Tata AIG travel insurance policy for Qatar online.
Why Do You Need Travel Insurance Qatar from India?
When planning for your trip to Qatar, you should gauge every single aspect of the trip to be able to be on the safe side! While going on a trip to a different nation, no amount of research is ever enough for ensuring a memorable trip whatsoever. And even when you think that you have taken care of everything related to your trip to Qatar, you will never be able to foresee any sudden accidental emergency or illness that may happen to you or your co-traveller while touring around in Qatar.
Also, keeping in mind the vulnerability of health conditions due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, it’s always better to be safe than sorry. So, why not prepare yourself well and buy a travel insurance plan to safeguard your travel and come back with nothing but a bag full of amazing memories!
Also, you must not forget to check the travel advisory by the Qatar government before departing for the country. Also, a robust international travel insurance policy in place can keep your worries at bay. Your travel insurance plan will keep you financially protected in case you meet with an accident or fall sick and get hospitalised during the trip. Medical treatments in Qatar are costly, and hence, having a travel insurance Qatar policy would be wise to have.
However, it’s also important to compare the options at hand when buying a travel insurance plan. This will help you to choose the right one that’s available online. Also, the insurance plan prices are different from one another, and hence, you need to choose the one that’s affordable and comes with wide coverage benefits. Your chosen travel insurance should have proper medical coverage, trip cancellation/extension coverage, luggage loss coverage, passport loss coverage, repatriation coverage, etc.
With Tata AIG’s online travel insurance Qatar policy, you can get all the features mentioned earlier and more. Our travel insurance plans will offer you a considerable amount of financial protection during your international trip to this Gulf nation.
Benefits offered by the Tata AIG travel insurance Qatar plan
With Tata AIG’s travel insurance Qatar policy, you can benefit from different kinds of travel insurance coverage options. Some of which are listed below:
1. Baggage Cover - If during your trip to Qatar, you end up losing your suitcase in transit or if it gets delayed at any of the airports, the Tata AIG baggage coverage will provide financial assistance for the same. This coverage option is included with our travel insurance for Qatar from India policy, and with this, you can opt for full reimbursement for the cost of every single item in your checked-in luggage.
2. Journey Cover - With Tata AIG’s travel insurance for Qatar, you will get total coverage for your trip. It will include financial protection against the loss of your passport, flight delay or cancellation, cancellation of your hotel bookings, etc.
3. Medical Assistance Cover - The Tata AIG travel insurance Qatar policy is designed perfectly to provide you with the essential financial assistance during any kind of illness or any sudden accident during the trip that may require hospitalisation. Keeping in mind the current pandemic scenario, you can also get coverage against any Covid-19 related medical emergencies in the foreign land.
4. Miscellaneous Benefits -
- Travel insurance Qatar plans start at an affordable rate of just ₹45.5 per day*.
- You can do international travel insurance purchasing online through the Tata AIG website with no additional requirements of a thorough medical check-up.
- There is complete ease of paying the travel insurance premiums in Indian National Rupees and receiving the travel insurance Qatar coverage in Qatar.
Qatar Visa and Entry Information
Visa Information For Qatar
When planning your trip to Qatar, you must keep in mind the aspects of travel insurance Qatar for visit visa. Qatar offers visa-free arrival for visitors from most of the countries, including Indians. However, depending upon the purpose of your visit to Qatar, you must apply for a visa, and for each of them, the documents may differ.
Here are some of the common forms of visa available for travellers for Qatar –
Business Visa – This one is issued to business owners who are travelling for business purposes.
Official Visa – This visa is for officials visiting Qatar for government-related work.
Transit Visa – This visa is available for just 2 days.
Visit Visa – This is available for up to 3 months and can be extended for a maximum of 6 months.
Travel Documentation for a Qatar Visa for Indians
Although it’s recommended for you to check with the latest additions in the Qatar visa related information before applying for a visa as per your visit to this Gulf nation, here is a list of the most common documents that you will need to apply for a Qatar visa –
- Confirmed return tickets
- Valid Indian passport with a validity of a minimum of 6 months
- Minimum cash amount of USD 1400 and a valid debit or credit card
- Hotel/accommodation confirmation
- COVID-19 vaccination certificates with at least 14 days past the second dose
- Completed electronic registration on the Ehteraz online platform
Qatar Visa Application Centres in India
|Qatar Visa Centre (QVC), Delhi||Unit No 2, lower ground floor, Parsvnath Mall, Akshardham Metro Station, Akshardham, New Delhi - 110092|
|Qatar Visa Centre (QVC), Mumbai||Hallmark Business Plaza, Sant Dyaneshwar Marg, Near Gurunanak Hospital, Bandra East, Mumbai - 400051, Maharashtra|
|Qatar Visa Centre (QVC), Kolkata||Bengal Intelligent Park, Gamma Building, first floor, Block EP and GP, Sector V, Salt Lake Electronics Complex, Kolkata - 700091, West Bengal|
|Qatar Visa Centre (QVC), Chennai||Shyamala Towers, first floor, East Wing, 136 Arcot Road, Saligramam, Chennai – 600093|
Qatar Trip: Safety and Precautionary Measures to Be Undertaken
When you are in Qatar, you should always obey the local safety protocols for avoiding any unnecessary incidents. Some general safety measures are listed below -
- Always keep your passport safe and with you.
- Do not unnecessarily participate in any demonstrations.
- If you find yourself amid large local gatherings or protests, quickly take shelter in a safe place nearby.
- Keep following the local news and adjust your travel itinerary accordingly.
- Respect the local laws and regulations posed by the Gulf government and authorities.
- Do not be a part of any unlawful activities or violate the dignity of public places.
- Do not travel to any remote places without proper knowledge about the same. Take help from local authorities always.
- Always use official and legal means of transport.
- Be mindful of your visa validity in Indonesia and ensure that you do not overstay in the country without a valid visa.
- Protect your luggage, passport, and other belongings, especially in crowded spaces and tourist spots.
- Opt for the best travel insurance Qatar policy to have maximum financial support during your journey.
Covid-19 specific safety guidelines
- Cover your nose and mouth with a mask, especially in public places and while using public transport.
- Always maintain social distancing.
- Cooperate with the local Gulf government and designated authorities, and follow the applicable Covid-19 guidelines.
- Monitor yourself for any Covid-19 symptoms. Self-isolate and get tested in case you develop any of the symptoms.
If you have the right travel insurance Qatar plan in hand, you will not have to worry about the financial worries that may arise if you end up contracting the Covid-19 virus during your trip to and from Qatar.
The Indian Embassy in Qatar
If you need to get in touch with the Indian Embassy in Qatar, you can get in touch with a few officials mentioned below –
|Dr. Deepak Mittal||Ambassador||44255703 email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Smt. T. Angeline Premalatha||Counsellor (Political & Commerce)||email@example.com|
Major International Airports in Qatar
- Hamad International Airport
Currency and Foreign Exchange
Qatar’s official currency is Qatari Riyal. Here is the exchange rate of the same for an easy estimate –
- 1 Qatari Riyal is equal to 2036 INR (Indian Rupee)
- 1 Qatari Riyal is equal to 0.27 USD
A Few Must-Visit Qatar Tourist Places
Qatar boasts of rich history and culture. Besides, it is a country with impressive art and places to visit. Since its early days, Qatar has been promoting art and culture like no other. Hence, the country is quite particular about preserving its rich history. Here is a list of a few of the places that will offer you a breathless sight of Qatari culture and historical background.
- Msheireb Museums
It is one of the finest places to visit in Qatar and also, is amongst the top Doha sightseeing attractions. The Msheireb Museums is one of the 4 historical marvels in the country that portrays the rich fishing history of Doha. The museum also shows how Doha began its journey as a small fishing village and slowly rose to those hikes. If you wish to understand the different aspects of Qatar's history right from its roots, this place is perfect for you.
- National Museum of Qatar
This museum is built with an incredible view of the bay and portrays Qatar's history in three parts- the beginnings, the present life, and modern history. This is also one of the finest places to visit in Doha, located quite near the airport. So, you can get to see the beginning days, life in Qatar, and its modern history that is enough to make you fall in love with this nation. The museum also displays the magnificent pearl carpet of Baroda along with many other Qatari attractions.
- Film City
Another very interesting Qatar tourist attraction is the Film City which is still a mystery to many travellers. This place is widely renowned for its scenic beauty and amazing desert setting. The Film City will remind you of the old Bedouin villages and is quite an excellent example of how villagers lived in the Gulf region in the past.
- Al Zubarah Fort
This is another very popular tourist attraction in Qatar renowned for its historical significance and old architectural design. The exact origins of the Al Zubarah Fort are still unknown, and many people believe that the fort came into existence in the 17th-18th Century. Al Zubarah has also been recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Best Time to Visit Qatar
The best time to visit Qatar is between December-February. These are the winter months in Qatar, and during this period, the average temperature ranges from 26.8°C to 21.1°C. Weather in these months is pleasant for sightseeing and is, therefore, easier to roam around. Also, it is referred to as the peak season in Doha.
Frequently Asked Question
How to buy a travel insurance Qatar plan?
If you wish to opt for a travel insurance Qatar policy with Tata AIG, you can directly visit our website and select the international travel insurance under the products section. Fill in the required personal information, select the right coverage options you wish to have in your travel insurance, and make the payment online.
Once you have opted for the necessary coverage options on your travel insurance Qatar plan, you can pay through your desired payment option online and complete the purchase process of the insurance policy. Upon verification, we will send the policy to your registered email ID.
How much should I pay for a travel insurance Qatar plan?
The premium payment for your travel insurance Qatar will depend upon various factors, including the duration of your stay in Doha and the sum insured you choose. It is advisable to select an appropriate sum assured to have sufficient coverage during your trip.
This becomes even more vital if you plan your trip with your family. With the Tata AIG travel insurance Qatar from India plans, you can avail of the excellent coverage benefits at a price that won’t leave a hole in your pockets! You can determine the price of your travel insurance Qatar plan with our Travel Insurance Premium Calculator.
What are the exclusions in the travel insurance Qatar plan?
Some of the exclusions in an international travel insurance plan are loss of passport or delays due to detention or confiscation by the police or any other authorities, any loss due to threat to national security like riots, and non-medical expenses that you incur. Moreover, if a medical emergency is caused if you travel against the advice of your doctor and pre-existing disease-related emergencies will not be covered.
Does the travel insurance Qatar plan have a free-look period?
We offer a 15-day free look period on annual and multi-trip policies. But if you are purchasing a single trip policy for your trip to Qatar, no free look period is provided to you.
If there is a change in my travel dates to Qatar, can I make the changes to the travel dates mentioned in the policy?
Yes, you can change the travel dates mentioned in the policy before the commencement of your travel insurance plan, which is the same as your date of travel.
When will my travel insurance Qatar from Tata AIG end?
The end date of your international travel insurance plan will be mentioned on your policy document. For single trip policies, the travel insurance Qatar ends as soon as your trip ends and you return to your city of residence. For multi-trip policies, you can check the dates on your policy document.
I am immigrating to Qatar, do I need a travel insurance plan?
We provide travel insurance for work, leisure, and business purposes. You can also buy a travel insurance Qatar plan if you are travelling for study purposes. If you are planning to migrate, the travel insurance plan will not be able to cover you.
All the information mentioned above is well-researched and sourced from reliable sources. Since this information is subject to change, it is advisable to check the latest travel guidelines and other location-specific information before planning a trip to any location.
*Subject to change based on the nature and extent of the coverage. —-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------