Travel Insurance Latvia
Travel Insurance Latvia
Situated in the picturesque Baltic region, Latvia is one of the most beautiful countries in the world. With a large coastline along the Baltic Sea and stunning beaches, the Northern European nation is a preferred tourist destination.
Latvia shares its borders with Estonia, Belarus, Russia, and Lithuania, and has a temperate climate. In addition to serene beaches, the landscape of Latvia is also renowned for its verdant forests. With over 12,000 rivers, Latvia has no dearth of diverse flora and fauna.
The capital city of Riga is a favourite amongst tourists, particularly owing to its art nouveau architecture. What makes the city a must-visit place on a trip to Latvia is its beautiful museums, diverse cuisine, and markets with an old-world charm. Home to a third of the country's population, Riga has several UNESCO World Heritage sites.
If you are planning a trip to the Baltic nation of Latvia, then you must make a checklist of the documents that are required for the trip, foremost amongst which is a visa and travel insurance for Latvia. Since Latvia is a part of the Schengen Area of Europe, you need a pre-approved Schengen Visa to travel to the country.
In order to ensure that you get your Schengen Visa in time for travelling from India to Latvia, you must apply for the visa well in advance. One of the prerequisites for Latvia travel and Schengen Visa is a suitable international travel policy. You must select and purchase a travel insurance Latvia policy so as to have sufficient coverage during your trip to the Baltic nation.
Having a suitable Latvia travel insurance plan is pivotal to ensuring that you are financially prepared for a host of emergencies and unforeseen circumstances during your trip. At Tata AIG, we offer an excellent travel insurance policy for Latvia.
Not only is our Latvia Travel Insurance plan feasible, but it also encompasses excellent coverage for you, including medical coverage, baggage coverage, and Covid-19 coverage. You can visit our official website and easily compare travel insurance plans. Once you have selected the travel insurance plan most suited for you, you can purchase it in a few simple steps and safeguard your travel from India to Latvia.
Major Benefits of Purchasing the Best Travel Insurance for Latvia
Whilst travelling to any foreign shores, it is critical to invest in a suitable travel insurance policy. Not only does such a policy serve as your financial shield against any adverse events that may come to pass during the journey, but it can also enhance your peace of mind during the trip.
Should you opt for the Tata AIG Travel Insurance Latvia Plan, you can get access to a wide array of benefits, including:
- Baggage loss and delay cover
- Hijack cover
- Coverage against flight delay and cancellation
- Personal Liability Cover
- Coverage against the loss of passport
- Coverage against theft
- Accident and Sickness Cover
- Travel assistance
- Covid-19 cover
- A 7-day extension of your travel insurance plan in the event of flight delay or cancellation close to the expiration of the policy
- A 60-day extension of your travel insurance policy if you fall ill or meet with an accident towards the end of your trip or travel insurance plan validity
Travel Insurance for Latvia from India
International travel is a comprehensive undertaking and one that requires a fair amount of forethought and meticulous planning. Such a venture entails leaving the safety and security of your homeland, leaving you vulnerable to several adverse events driven by the political and economic climate prevailing in the destination.
It is, therefore, significant to plan your trip well and make a checklist of the things that need to be done, including travel requirements and legal formalities. Quite often, buying travel insurance ends up taking a backseat to all the other travel-related formalities. However, you must not discount the importance of a suitable travel policy. A travel insurance policy can be your line of defence against events such as flight cancellations, accidents, loss of passport, baggage loss, etc.
If you are planning to travel from India to Latvia, you should consider buying Tata AIG's Travel Insurance Latvia Plan. Starting at just ₹40.82 per day*, including coverage for Covid-19, this plan comprises excellent coverage and benefits.
Why You Need A Travel Insurance Plan For a Trip to Latvia from India
If you are wondering why you must buy a travel insurance policy for your trip to Latvia, there are several important reasons that make such a purchase necessary. Firstly, having a valid Travel Insurance Latvia policy is one of the prerequisites for travelling to the Baltic nation. As a part of the Schengen Area of Europe, Latvia does not allow visitors into its territory without a valid international travel insurance plan.
The second reason for investing in travel insurance to Latvia is the possibility of accidents and illnesses during your trip to the Northern European nation. Medical treatments in Europe are far more expensive than in India and can leave your pocket much lighter. A Latvia travel health insurance plan can come to your aid in such an event.
The third reason why you must not think twice about buying travel insurance for your Latvia trip is the sheer magnitude of the amount invested in such a trip. From making travel arrangements to booking accommodations, planning a trip to Latvia is cost-intensive, which is why it is critical to insure various aspects of the trip.
Tata AIG's Travel Insurance Latvia Plan provides you with a wide range of covers for your Latvia travel, including baggage coverage, accident coverage, and Personal Liability Cover. This plan is, therefore, a one-shot solution for your travel insurance requirements for Latvia.
Tata AIG's Travel Insurance Latvia Plan: Benefits Offered
The international travel insurance plan you select should be in line with the unique travel requirements of the destination country. Whilst planning a trip to Latvia, you must be mindful of Latvia's travel restrictions and travel requirements. Tata AIG's Latvia Travel Insurance Plan has been designed keeping this in mind.
Here are the major benefits of our travel insurance plan for Latvia:
1. Medical cover : Medical emergencies do not pay heed to time and place; as such, you can end up falling ill or getting injured in an accident during your trip to Latvia. In such a scenario, you will be required to undertake significant expenditure for your treatment, particularly if you need hospitalisation.
This is where the Tata AIG Latvia Travel Insurance Plan can be handy. Our plans cover sickness, accidents and hospitalization during the trip and have a clause for a 60-day extension in the case of accident or illness towards the back end of the trip or near the policy expiration date.
2. Covid-19 cover : It is no secret that the Covid-19 pandemic has transformed the way international travel transpires. Despite taking all the necessary precautions, you may end up contracting the virus during your trip. In such an event, our travel insurance policy shall provide you coverage for the cost of hospitalisation. This benefit also holds true should your travelling companions or your family get diagnosed with Covid-19.
Additionally, we will cover trip cancellation, trip curtailment or trip extension (up to 7 days) if you or your co-travellers are diagnosed with Covid-19.
3. Baggage cover : Many times, international travel presents unique challenges such as loss or delay of baggage. If such an unfortunate event were to transpire, our travel insurance plan will have you covered. We will cover the cost of any essential times that are required to be purchased in the wake of baggage loss or delay.
4. Journey cover : This benefit of our international travel insurance plan has been designed keeping in mind journey risks such as loss of passport, flight delays and cancellations, hotel booking cancellations, etc. In order to ensure that every aspect of your Latvia travel is financially safeguarded, you must opt for the Tata AIG Latvia Travel Insurance Plan.
5. Other benefits : Some other prominent benefits of our travel insurance plans are as follows:
- Travel assistance, if required
- No need for medical check-ups for the purchase of the policy
- A seamless policy purchase experience
- Reliable and round-the-clock customer service
- A swift travel insurance claim process
- Coverage in United States Dollars for a policy purchased in Indian National Rupee
Trip to Latvia from India - Visa Information
For your Latvia travel plans from India, you are required to have a pre-approved visa. Since Latvia is one of the 26 countries in the Schengen Area of Europe, the type of visa you need for travelling to Latvia is a Schengen Visa.
The first step in your visa application process is determining what type of Schengen Visa you need. Once you have made this selection, you can apply for a visa online or by visiting Latvia's Embassy in India.
Here are the types of Schengen Visas you can apply for your Latvia travel plans.
1. Short Stay Visa : If the intended duration of your stay in Latvia is short, then you must opt for this type of Schengen Visa. Also referred to as a Uniform Schengen Visa, this visa allows you to stay in the country for a period of up to 90 days. The 90-day validity is active for 180 days from the date of issuance of the visa. If you wish to visit Latvia as a tourist, then this type of Schengen Visa is ideal for you.
2. Long Stay Visa : For long-term stays in Latvia, you are required to apply for a Long Stay visa. Also referred to as the National Schengen Visa, this type of visa is usually issued to students, foreign nationals employed in Latvia, and those seeking a Residence Permit. The validity of this type of visa is one year. This validity can, however, be extended later by following due procedure. Since international travel has become more difficult in the wake of the global Covid-19 pandemic, you must be mindful whilst choosing the type of Schengen visa and applying for it. In order to ensure that your visa application gets approved, you must follow every step of the application process with due diligence, and submit every document required for the same.
If you can fulfil all the requirements of the visa application process and prove that there is no malicious intent in your Latvia travel plans, you should be able to get a visa issued without any challenges.
Here is the entire list of the types of visas available for Latvia:
- Latvia Short Stay Visa
- Latvia Airport Visa
- Latvia Business Visa
- Latvia Cultural Visit Visa
- Latvia Family and Friends Visit Visa
- Latvia Medical Treatment Visa
- Latvia Seafarers Visa
- Latvia Tourist Visa
- Latvia Long Stay Visa
- Latvia Student Visa
- Latvia Employment Visa
- Latvia Resident Permit
Documents Required for Travelling to Latvia
Here are the documents required for your Latvia travel plans:
- Your visa application form for visiting Latvia
- Two identical photographs
- A passport valid for at least three months after your intended date of leaving Latvia, and having two or more blank pages
- Copies of previous visas to Latvia (if applicable)
- Latvia travel health insurance, with coverage for medical expenses to the tune of €30,000
- Your flight itinerary to and from Latvia
- The proof of your intended accommodation in Latvia
- The proof of sufficient funds to sustain your trip to Latvia
- A cover letter detailing the purpose of your visit to Latvia
- The proof of your civil status:
- Marriage Certificate, if applicable
- Birth certificate/s of children, if applicable
- Death certificate of spouse, if applicable
- Employment contract (for Employee visa)
- Enrolment letter (For Student Visa)
The Indian Embassy in Latvia
It is important to know the pertinent details about the Indian Embassy in Latvia before travelling to the Baltic state. The following table sheds light on these details:
|Embassy/ Consulate||Working Hours||Address||Website||Phone Number|
|The Embassy of India (Sweden and Latvia)||Monday to Friday 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM Public Dealing: Monday to Friday 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM (with prior appointment)||Kornhamnstorg 4, 111 27 Stockholm||The Embassy of India for Sweden and Latvia, Stockholm||For General Queries, Consular Services, and Visa +46 8 68432100 For Emergency Services (Loss of passport or a death case) +46 73 484 4992|
Safety Tips for Travelling to Latvia
When you are in any foreign land, it is pivotal to follow certain safety norms, and Latvia is no exception to this rule. Here are some important safety tips you should keep in mind whilst travelling to Latvia.
- Keep your passport safe and on your person at all times during your stay in Latvia.
- Follow the laws of the land.
- Do not go to any place in Latvia without prior research and sufficient information.
- Do not be over-reliant on GPS and mobile navigation. Always carry a physical map of Latvia whilst travelling within the Baltic state.
- Maintain public decorum at each place you visit in Latvia.
- Do not indulge in drugs and alcohol during your trip.
- Stay away from areas which have a history of unrest and protest.
- Do not use private means of transport, particularly when offered by unknown people.
Covid-19 Safety Recommendations
The global Covid-19 pandemic has turned all accepted notions of international travel asunder. Now there is a greater emphasis than ever before on the maintenance of social distancing, personal hygiene (particularly in public places), and observance of norms such as wearing masks and gloves at all times.
Akin to a majority of countries across the globe, Latvia has also put certain Covid-19-specific travel and entry restrictions into place. With the gradual waning of the pandemic, however, several of these restrictions have been phased out. Presently, there is no need to enter into quarantine upon arrival in the Baltic state. You must, however, be vaccinated against Covid-19 to enter the territory of Latvia.
The number of cases of Covid-19 in Latvia and the government's response to it is an ever-evolving situation, which is why you must keep abreast of the advisories issued by the government and the local authorities before and during your travel to Latvia. In addition to specific Covid-19 guidelines, you must follow the general safety norms mentioned below.
- Wear a mask, particularly when in a public space.
- Avoid going to crowded places.
- Adhere to personal hygiene and keep washing your hands at regular intervals.
- Choose a suitable travel insurance policy for your Latvia travel.
Major International Airports in Latvia
The major international airports in Latvia are as follows:
- The Riga International Airport (RIX), Riga
- The Liepãja International Airport (LPX), Liepãja
- The Ventspils International Airport (VNT), Ventspils
Currency and Foreign Exchange
Since January 2014, the currency of Latvia has been the Euro (€). Before travelling to the Northern European nation, you must carry a sufficient amount of the Euro.
The exchange rate between the Indian National Rupee and the Euro keeps fluctuating, which is why you must check the latest exchange rate before determining the quantum of Euros you need to carry during your trip to Latvia.
1 EUR to INR - Euros to Indian Rupees Exchange Rate
The Best Places to Visit in Latvia
Adorned with a diverse landscape, Latvia has no dearth of places frequented by tourists. From beautiful beaches to fascinating forests, the Baltic state is brimming with must-see places. In order to make the most of your Latvia trip, you must conduct thorough research and pencil in certain places in your itinerary.
Here are some places you simply must include in your Latvia travel itinerary:
1.Riga : The capital city of Riga is one of the most beautiful cities in Europe. From medieval castles to old markets, Riga has a diverse set of attractions for tourists. When in Riga, you must visit Old Town, the Riga Castle, Peter's Tower, the Swedish Gate, and the House of the Blackheads.
2. Jurmala : Situated on the coast of the Gulf of Riga, Jurmala is a resort town. With buildings sporting magnificent facades, Jurmala has several attractions, including an open-air museum, the Livu Water Park, and the Theatre of Luminous Paintings.
3. Sigulda: Home to the picturesque Turaida Castle, Sigulda is a beautiful provincial city. In addition to the thirteenth-century castle, the city also houses a museum and several other historical buildings.
4. Bauska: Located in the Zemgale region of Latvia, Bauska is a town that was established in the fifteenth century. This town is home to the famous Bauska Castle which is situated at the meeting point of two rivers - The Musa and the Memsele.
5. Dinaburg: The historic town of Dinaburg in Latvia is home to the Dinaburg Castle. Constructed in the thirteenth century, the castle has withstood two world wars. If you are in Latvia, you must visit this piece of history.
The Best Time to Visit Latvia
The best time to visit the Baltic state of Latvia is during the months of May to September. From May onwards, nature in the country is in full bloom. The average temperature in Latvia during this time is 20 degrees Celsius. Even the fall months of September and October present various hues of nature, making it an ideal time to visit the country.
The display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and any other subject matter of intellectual property on this page pertains and belongs to their respective owners. The display of such intellectual properties on this page must not be construed as an indication of Tata AIG's association or partnership with the owners of said intellectual property.
Subject to change based on the nature, extent and duration of the travel insurance policy.
Disclaimer / TnC
Your policy is subjected to terms and conditions & inclusions and exclusions mentioned in your policy wording. Please go through the documents carefully.
Frequently Asked Question
1. How much do I need to pay to buy the Tata AIG Travel Insurance Latvia Plan?
The Tata AIG Travel Insurance Latvia Plan is available at as low as ₹40.82 per day.
2. What are the different travel insurance plans offered by Tata AIG?
At Tata AIG, we offer a wide array of travel insurance plans, including Domestic Travel Insurance Plans and International Travel Insurance Plans. In addition to this, we also offer Travel Insurance for Students and Travel Insurance for Senior Citizens.
3. What are the minimum travel insurance requirements for Latvia?
In order to travel to Latvia, you must have a travel insurance plan that covers medical expenses of €30,000 or higher. Since accidents and illnesses can happen anywhere and at any time, it is pivotal to invest in a suitable Latvia Travel Insurance Plan.
4. Do I need to undergo a health check-up to buy travel insurance from Tata AIG?
No, you are not required to undergo any health checkups for buying a Tata AIG Travel Insurance Plan.
5. Can I purchase Tata AIG Travel Insurance Plans online?
Yes, you can easily purchase Tata AIG's Travel Insurance Plans online.
- Go to the Travel Insurance page
- Input the ‘Destination’, ‘Trip Start Date’ and ‘Trip End Date’. Click on Get Plan.
- Provide your Date of Birth. You can add more travellers you wish to cover under the policy. Add their Dates of Birth.
- Input the registered mobile number. Click on See Plan.
- Compare the different plans displayed on the screen. Choose a plan based on your insurance needs and budget. Click on Buy Now.
- Provide your Residential Address, Personal Details of all the travellers and Nominee Details. Click on Pay.
- Select the Mode of Payment and pay the applicable premium amount.
- Your policy will be sent to your registered email address and on WhatsApp.