Turkey Visa from India
Turkey Visa for Indians
Get Travel Insurance for Turkey, starting at just ₹40.82 per day* (with COVID-19 covered).
Turkey is a country that’s packed to the brim with ancient ruins and monuments that are left from a number of empires. However, the scenic beauty of Turkey is also unapparelled. Once you step down in Turkey, you would be highly impressed with everything that will come your way. From its cuisine to a host of dazzling destinations, Turkey never fails to amaze tourists.
Turkey is a country with the best beaches, shopping destinations, cultural hubs, and the most delectable food. And if you are in search of a location to spend a few relaxing days with yourself or with your family or friends, Turkey could be the right place to be!
While planning for your trip to Turkey, you should also think about opting for a robust travel policy. A travel insurance policy for your Turkey trip can help you keep your pockets safe against certain trip-related adversities. And once you insure your trip to Turkey, you will be able to apply for a Turkey visa easily, and then take the next step towards this exciting international trip.
Although the pandemic has eased a bit, we still shouldn’t neglect the kind of impact it may have on our lives if we end up contracting the virus while travelling. Hence, keeping in mind the vulnerabilities of health conditions, you should always check the travel advisories in Turkey before booking your tickets. And a travel insurance plan in place will keep your pockets safe if you contract the coronavirus and need immediate hospitalisation.
At Tata AIG, you can compare the various travel policies with the help of our online travel insurance premium calculator. Each of our travel policies is designed to offer maximum coverage to our policyholders at an affordable premium cost. Our travel plans start at just ₹40.82 per day*. And our travel insurance for Turkey will offer local trip assistance, journey coverage, baggage coverage, medical coverage, and a lot more.
What Exactly Is Turkey Tourist Visa for Indians?
When you reach Turkey, you will simply be overwhelmed with its beauty. Not only for the history buffs but Turkey is a great destination for nature lovers as well. There are splendid beaches, exciting shopping sites, ancient ruins, and everything else that can keep you fascinated throughout the trip. And as soon as you start planning your Turkey itinerary, you need to create a list of what you would need to make your trip safe. And having a travel policy is highly advisable.
Next, whether you are planning your honeymoon to Turkey or a family trip, you need to have a valid Turkey visa in place to enter the country. And as soon as you book your tickets for the destination, you will need to apply for a Turkey visa for Indians. The procedure of applying for a Turkey tourist visa for Indian travellers is necessary for travelling to this beautiful destination. For Indian citizens, there are certain Turkey visa requirements and Turkey visa fees.
Turkey Visa for Indians – How to Apply?
The Indian passport holders with a valid visa or residence permit from Schengen, US, UK and Ireland are eligible to opt for a Turkish e-visa. And they can apply for the same online. Indian travellers to Turkey who do not have a valid visa or a residence permit in these countries will have to apply for a Turkish sticker visa with the single-entry Turkey visa fees.
In order to apply for a Turkey eVisa, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps –
- Visit https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/
- Select the visa types
- Pay the designated Turkey visa fees online
- Download the Turkey eVisa
- Take a printout of the eVisa before departing for the destination.
- If you are not eligible for an eVisa for your Turkey trip, you will have to apply directly for a Turkey tourist visa for Indians. And if you are not sure about how to get a Turkey visa from India, you can follow these steps –
- Apply online through Gateway Globe, the only portal that has been authorised by the Turkish Embassy to offer Turkish sticker visa applications.
- Duly fill in the visa application form
- Gather all necessary documents along with recent photographs of the traveller(s)
- Schedule an appointment with the Embassy
- Pay the Turkey visa fees online
- Submit the duly filled application form online
- Collect the visa from the Embassy on a date as mentioned on the website
Turkey Visa Types for Indians
There are 5 different types of Turkey visas for travellers to Turkey from India –
- Official Visa – It is for the courier and consignments, and duty assignments for Turkey from India.
- Tourist Visa – If you are a tourist and travelling to Turkey for holiday purposes, you need to have this visa in hand.
- Work Visa – Assigned artists or journalists, the ones travelling for employment purposes, the assigned academics or an assigned sportsperson and free-zone labours need to have a valid work visa.
- Student Visa – People from India travelling to Turkey for education purposes, for undertaking a particular course, for internships in AISEC and ERASMUS, or for learning the Turkish language should apply for an education/student visa.
- Other Visa – Travellers who need to visit Turkey for documentary purposes, for a family union or for medical treatments should apply for this visa.
Who Should Apply for a Turkey Visa for Indians?
Indians who wish to travel to Turkey need to apply for a Turkey visa before departure. Irrespective of the type of vacation you are looking forward to in Turkey, a visa is a must for every Indian traveller. So, you should be sure about your visit purpose before applying for a visa for Turkey. If you are an Indian passport holder with a valid visa or residence permit from Schengen, US, UK and Ireland, you are eligible to opt for a Turkish e-visa. For others, you need to apply for a Turkish visa online.
Indian citizens should apply for Turkey visas well in advance to avoid any hassles during the trip. Also, apart from a valid Turkey tourist visa for Indians in hand, you should not forget to have a comprehensive travel insurance plan along with you.
When Should One Apply for a Turkey Visa for Indians?
If you apply for an eVisa for your Turkey visit, it will take only 3 minutes for it to get approved. Whereas, for a Turkey sticker visa, it takes a minimum of 15 working days to get approved by the Embassy from the date of submission of your application form along with the other documents. Hence, you need to apply for your Turkey tourist visa accordingly.
Turkish Visa Requirements for Indians - Documents Required for Turkish Visa
All travellers to Turkey from India need to submit the duly filled application form along with a few important documents. Here's a list of all the important documents that you will have to submit to get a Turkey tourist visa from India:
- An Indian passport with at least 6 months of validity
- Proof of confirmed accommodation reservation, along with return flight bookings and travel itinerary for the entire stay duration in Turkey
- A copy of duly filled visa application form
- Proof of the travellers’ financial capability to support themselves during the stay.
- For Indian travellers, it is mandated by the Turkish government to have at least INR 3,179/- per day for staying in the nation
- Proof of Police Clearance Certificate (PPC) if you haven’t travelled to the United Kingdom, United States of America or any other Schengen country in the past
Turkey Visa Fees for Indians
For visitors travelling to Turkey from India, there is a certain amount to be paid as Turkey visa fees. The following table shows the approximate visa fees for a Turkish visa for Indians –
|Visa Type||Fees in INR|