Travel Insurance Denmark
Travel Insurance Denmark
Enjoy the best of Denmark with Tata AIG’s Travel Insurance Policy.
Travel Insurance Denmark
Europe has been among the most tourist-friendly countries for the longest time. Though Europe had strictly shut its borders due to COVID-19, of late, many European countries are allowing tourists to enjoy their vacations with at least some restrictions in place. One such country in Europe worth a visit is Denmark.
Denmark stretches from the North Sea to the Baltic Sea. It has a complex geographical outline and a strong aquatic spirit that runs throughout the country. There are around 400 islands that make up the country. Denmark provides something thrilling for every explorer, from kilometres of the expansive seashore to beech forests. If all of this appeals to you, then you should plan a trip to Denmark and ensure you have the right Danish travel insurance before visiting the country.
The best travel insurance for Denmark is one which lets you compare quotes and choose a plan as per your needs. Having a Denmark visa travel insurance from Tata AIG means that we will take care of your emergencies on your trip. Should you lose your baggage or happen to need medical aid, our travel insurance plan will take care of it.
Our travel health insurance for Denmark starts at only ₹45.5 a day*. This ensures that if you face any medical emergencies while in Denmark, we have you covered. Get your travelling insurance online in a few simple, hassle-free steps today!
Key Benefits of Purchasing a Denmark Travel Insurance
Here are some of the key benefits of buying a Tata AIG Denmark travel insurance plan:
- Flight cancellation and Trip delay cover
- Trip Assistance
- Check-in Baggage Cover
- Passport Loss
- Accident and Illness Cover
- Hijack cover
- Personal Liability Cover
- COVID-19 Cover
- You can choose a travel insurance plan of your choice, starting at ₹45.5 per day*
- In case of a medical emergency resulting in hospitalisation, your travel insurance policy can be extended for up to 60 days or date of discharge when the plan is about to expire.
- Your travelling insurance policy will be automatically extended by a period of 7 days in case your flight is cancelled or delayed.
Travel Insurance for Denmark from India
Denmark is an important country as it dominates a greater part of Norway and some part of southern Sweden. Undulating hills, beech woods, thatched-roof country houses, and bleached churches with stair-step awnings distinguish the Danish countryside. Even more intriguing is that none of these locations is over 30 kilometres from the sea. You can smell the sand and sea anywhere you are in the country.
With a Schengen visa, it is possible to enjoy a trip to Denmark. But when we are thinking of moving outside the country, we must secure yourself in the best way possible. Also, remember that having a valid travel health insurance is mandatory if you want to travel anywhere in the Schengen countries. Thus, do not forget your travel health insurance when in Denmark.
Today, buying Danish travel insurance, or travel insurance, for that matter, has become simple. You can simply to go to your insurance provider's website and get your Denmark travel insurance with a few clicks on your computer. You can also use a travel insurance premium calculator to understand and plan your travel insurance coverage as per your requirements.
Remember, you should not only prioritise a travel insurance policy because it is compulsory in Europe but because it will be your first line of defence should things go wrong when you are abroad. This is especially true if you are travelling with your loved ones. So when going on a holiday with family, do not forget your family travel insurance.
Best Travel Insurance Denmark: Why Is It Needed?
When visiting a Schengen country such as Denmark, having a travel insurance policy is a mandatory requisite, without which you will not be allowed to enter the country. As the cost of getting medical treatment for an injury or an illness, procuring a new passport (if the original one is lost) or other getting help for other emergencies in a country like Denmark can be extremely high, a travel insurance is the most suitable way to cover your losses.
Travelling anywhere that needs a Schengen visa implies you need travel health insurance. You will not be allowed to enter the country's boundaries if you do not have valid Danish travel insurance. Travel insurance is mandated in Europe so that there is never a situation where you are stranded while you are on their lands. You must be able to reach for help and get yourself out of any sticky situation without having to always go to European authority. Your insurance provider should be your first point of contact should you need any help.
Any Indian who wishes to travel to Denmark must have a comprehensive travel insurance plan. Your visa will not be validated until you get your insurance in order. Also, a certain lower limit is placed on your coverage amount. You must have a travel insurance plan of at least €30,000 that will be valid in all Schengen lands.
Also, it is not enough to have a simple travel insurance plan when travelling to Denmark. You must also have health coverage with your travelling insurance. And so, if have an accident or fall sick in Denmark, you can get the care you need without worrying about the expenses. Remember that healthcare in Europe, without insurance, can be very expensive. Furthermore, if you fall sick while on your trip abroad, it could leave you financially stranded. Thus, having travel health insurance is mandatory.
Tata AIG's Danish Travel Insurance Plan: Benefits Offered
Tata AIG’s travel insurance Denmark plan offers some important benefits that can help you stay protected on your trip to Denmark:
*Baggage Cover *: Your Denmark travel insurance plan assists you in case you lose your baggage at the airport checkpoint If you lose the belongings in the luggage, the expenses of these losses will be covered. And if your bags are delayed at the airport, you will be compensated for the delay, subject to the policy terms and conditions.
Journey Cover: If you happen to lose your passport, or face a loss in the event of a cancelled or delayed flight, our travel insurance Denmark plan will cover these damages for you. Also, in case you suffer losses from cancelled reservations on your trip, your policy has provisions to compensate for it.
Medical Cover : Our travel insurance Denmark plan will cover medical expenses due to illnesses or accidental injuries that lead to hospitalisation during the trip. We also offer coverage for medical evacuation in case of a medical emergency. And in case of a very unfortunate situation, if you pass away during the trip, your policy also will cover your repatriation costs.
Our Denmark travel insurance plan has a COVID-19 cover to help you stay protected against the high medical costs of being hospitalised in a foreign country. And to ensure that the coverage continues to protect you, we also offer an automatic extension if you need prolong your stay due to an emergency.
- Easy online purchase with an easy travel insurance claim process.
- No detailed medical checkups needed to buy a travel insurance plan.
- Pay for your travel insurance Denmark plan in INR and avail of comprehensive coverage
We offer many travel insurance options, and our plans can be customised according to your needs. Always use our travel insurance premium calculator to see which plan works the best for you.
Denmark Visa Information
A Schengen Visa is required for all tourists visiting Denmark. The Schengen Pact, seen as a boon for travellers, is the outcome of an agreement among 26 European nations. Personal visa formalities have been dropped in several nations, reducing border control. The Pact assures visitors and people to travel freely within member countries using a single visa. In simple words, a Schengen Visa allows you to visit any member country without applying for several visas.
Here are the different Schengen visas you can apply for, depending on your needs.
- Visa to visit relatives or friends
- Airport transit visa
- Working visa
- Training visa
- Study visa
- Tourist visa
- Business visa
Every type of visa has a different requirement for application and processing.
Denmark Entry Information: All You Need to Know
Tourists and visitors from non-European countries need a visa to enter Denmark. As such, entry rules and regulations in Schengen countries are quite stringent and during the COVID-19 pandemic, these have become even stricter. And therefore, only having a Schengen visa is not enough to enter Denmark. You also need to provide the following proof:
- Proof that you are free from COVID-19. You can present your certificates of full vaccination from a vaccine approved by the European Medicines Agency (EMA) or the World Health Organization (WHO).
- If you have previously been affected by COVID-19, present valid documentation showing that 180 days have passed since the duration of the infection.
- Visitors or tourists from third countries, affected by COVID-19 should produce valid proof that they were affected in the last 180 days and have recovered from it.
- Proof of RTPCR test taken within 24 hours of entering Denmark. This is followed by self-isolation for ten days and the second RTPCR test is to be taken after six days.
Travelling from India to Denmark: Documents Required
If you are travelling to Denmark, it is mandatory to have the following documents.
- Visa application form correctly filled
- A declaration letter stating the purpose and length of your Denmark visit
- Confirmed airline tickets (both ways)
- International travel health insurance with a minimum coverage of €30,000
- Bank statement from the last 6 months
- ITR proof
- Passport-size photos taken recently
- Valid Indian passport
- Vaccination Proof
- Proof of where you will be staying
The Indian Embassy in Denmark
In case you need to reach out to the Indian Embassy in Denmark for some assistance, here is how you can contact them:
|Name of the Official||Designation||Contact Information|
|Mr Neeraj ASO||Emergency Contact only for Consular Services from Indian Diaspora||After Office Hours Emergency Number +45 61 59 88 16|
|Ms Pushpa Kumar||Second Secretary CONS, ECU, EDU & CULfirstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com +45 39 10 86 27|
|Danish Embassy||Vangehusvej 15, 2100 Copenhagen.|
Denmark Trip: Safety and Travel Tips
Even though Denmark is a safe country to visit, it is always advised that a person be careful at all times, no matter where they are. If you are visiting Denmark, the following are some safety guidelines you would do well to follow:
- When in public, wear your mask at all times and follow social distancing.
- If you feel you are developing any signs of COVID-19, isolate yourself and get tested at the earliest.
- If you wish to enter bars and restaurants, remember that carrying COVID-free proof is necessary along with your passport.
- Read up on the temperature of the places you will be visiting and pack accordingly.
- Always have your travel insurance details on hand when travelling in Denmark.
- Have multiple copies of all important documents when stepping out.
- Be mindful of your belongings at all times, especially when you are sightseeing or are navigating through a crowded street.
- Schengen countries have quite specific laws about the consumption of alcohol and tobacco outside designated areas, and also strict prohibitions regarding the use of drugs. Be sure to know and understand these rules before travelling to Denmark.
- Help yourself and the local authorities in Denmark by abiding by any COVID-19 rules and regulations enforced in and around your area.
Major International Airports in Denmark
Denmark has only four international airports. They are :
- Kastrup Airport
- Billund Airport
- Aalborg Airport
- Aarhus Airport
Currency and Foreign Exchange
The Danish Krone (DEK) or kr is the country's currency. If you wish to check the conversion rates from INR to the Danish Krone, you can check it here.
It is also wise to carry some cash in the local currency when travelling to Denmark for two reasons. For one, many places may not accept credit cards and secondly, any emergency involving the loss of your credit card should not leave you completely cashless until you get help.
A Few Must-Visit Places When in Denmark
There is something for everyone in Denmark. From taking long peaceful strolls around the countryside, taking in the fresh air, to extreme adventure sports, you can get it all here. Some of the must-see sites in the country are;
1. Visit Tivoli Gardens- Put on your daring cap and prepare for a mind-blowing adventure at Tivoli Gardens, one of Europe's best amusement parks. Vertigo, named Europe's best rollercoaster, should not be missed. It takes pleasure to a whole new level by flipping you over at 100 km/h. If you don't feel like riding the rides, take in the magnificent, engaging music concerts and ancient structures.
2. Take in literature at Kronborg Slot- Kronborg Castle, the site of Shakespeare's tragedy Hamlet, provides artistic inspiration. UNESCO has designated this majestic castle as a World Heritage Site. The massive structure and exquisite architecture will undoubtedly wow you.
3. Let go and enjoy the music festival- Participate in this wonderful, annual, week-long event in the capital city, which takes place in the last week of June and features live music. Enjoy a wide range of songs from all over the world in all genres.
4. Visit Mons Clint- The GeoCenter at Mons Klint takes visitors on a remarkable journey back to Denmark's beginnings. The Chalky rocks that run along the eastern edge of the Baltic Sea's Mons Island give beautiful views and a great area to roam about. You can even go on a 70-million-year-old-fossil-hunting expedition across these cliffs.
Best Time to Visit Denmark
Denmark is best visited between June and August. The pleasant weather and enticing green scenery draw visitors from all over the world. Denmark turns golden in the autumn (September to November), with all the leaves changing from dreamy colours of golden to orange.
From November through March, the weather is bitterly cold, with temperatures spanning from 0° to -15°C. The winter season, while not completely closed to tourists, is less popular and offers fewer outdoor activities. Late May to mid-June is your greatest chance if you want to avoid the crowds and the cold.
All the information mentioned above is well-researched and sourced from reliable sources. Since this information is subject to change, it is advisable to check the latest travel guidelines and other location-specific information before planning a trip to any location.
*Subject to change based on the nature and extent of the coverage.
Frequently Asked Question
1. Does travel insurance cover COVID-19?
Certain insurance providers offer a COVID-19 cover, while some others do not. And the availability of this coverage will depend on provider and travel insurance plan you choose. Tata AIG’s travel insurance plans come with a comprehensive COVID-19 cover.
2. How much does travel insurance for Denmark cost?
The amount you pay as a premium depends on various factors such as the add-ons, the number of people in the plan, or the customisations to the policy. If you wish to gauge how much you will pay for your travel insurance, you can use our travel insurance premium calculator to get an idea.
3. Is it easy to get a travel insurance claim?
If you have a travel insurance claim with Tata AIG, the claim process is easy and can be completed in a few simple steps:
- Visit the official Tata AIG website and go to the travel insurance page.
- Click on the Claims section on the top and click on Initiate Claims.
- Fill in all the personal and policy details on the online form and click Submit.
- We will review the form and the details, and get in touch with you.
We enjoy a high claim settlement ratio, so you do not have to worry about a payout should you need to settle your claim.
4. What is the main thing to consider when buying travel insurance?
Here is a list of things you need to consider before buying a travel insurance plan:
- Your travel destination.
- Your budget and your travel insurance needs.
- Any potential emergencies that may occur during the trip.
- The currency exchange rates on the day of the policy purchase.
- Minimum coverage requirement as per the destination’s rules and regulations.
5. What is the main benefit of buying travel insurance online?
Buying travel insurance online can be simpler, quicker and more affordable that getting a policy offline. By using an online travel insurance premium calculator, you can know the premiums you need to pay for your travel insurance coverage. This ensures that your travel insurance coverage is reasonably priced. With Tata AIG’s online policy buying process and online claims process, you can not only buy your policy swiftly but also file a claim with us in a matter of minutes.
6. How can I keep my travel insurance premium low?
To keep your travel insurance premium low and affordable, ensure that your coverage is adequate for your needs. Avoid choosing an unnecessarily high sum insured that will lead to a higher premium payment. Another thing you can do to keep your travel insurance premium affordable is to use a travel insurance premium calculator to understand your premium amount and compare premiums before selecting a policy.
7. How do I get a copy of my online travel insurance to carry on my Denmark trip?
When you buy your travel insurance policy online, you get a soft copy of your travel insurance plan on your registered email ID. The policy is also available on your insurance provider’s official website and you can simply log in with your policy number to access it. Simply download the soft copy and get a print out of the same to carry along on your trip to Denmark.