Mauritius Visa for Indians
Mauritius Visa for Indians
Get Travel Insurance for Mauritius, starting at just ₹40.82 per day* (with COVID-19 covered)
Most countries have eased down the travel restrictions for their tourists and, therefore, if you are planning a trip abroad with your family, it’s the right time to do so! Also, if you have Mauritius in your mind, you would be doing just the right thing! Mauritius is a beautiful country, and you will be in for a treat as soon as you land in this dreamy destination.
Mauritius is a small country and is just one and a half times bigger than New Delhi. However, the size of the country doesn’t stop it from being one of the most popular international travel destinations amongst Indians. Mauritius is quite famous amongst the honeymoon couples as well. But if you are planning a trip with your family or friends, you’d still be overwhelmed with options to explore.
However, no matter the type of trip you are planning for Mauritius, it’s imperative to have a robust travel insurance plan in place. And no, investing in travel insurance will not have to be expensive. With Tata AIG, you can get the most affordable international travel insurance for your trip to Mauritius. Also, our travel insurance claim procedure is easy and hassle-free.
Why are we specifically talking about the importance of a travel policy for your Mauritius trip? Well, it’s simple. Any trip abroad comes with a lot of apprehensions. For instance, if you have to come across any unforeseen events during your trip, you wouldn’t know whom to seek for help. You may meet with an accident or fall sick. You may even lose your luggage or passport or miss a connecting flight. And your travel insurance will be of great help!
At Tata AIG, you can compare different travel policies with the help of our online travel insurance premium calculator. Our travel plans offer maximum coverage to our policyholders at an affordable premium price.
Therefore, our travel insurance policies start at just ₹40.82 per day*. And our travel insurance for Mauritius offers journey coverage, medical coverage, local trip assistance, baggage coverage, and a lot more.
What Exactly Is Mauritius Tourist Visa for Indians?
As a traveller to Mauritius, you need to know that a Mauritius tourist visa is required to enter the nation. Mauritius has a visa on arrival for its Indian tourist. This visa is valid for 60 days from the arrival date in Mauritius. The good thing is that this visa is free of cost and is a single-entry one. To get a Mauritius visa in hand, every Indian traveller must submit a few important travel documents at the immigration counter at Mauritius airport to get the visa on arrival.
So, whether you are planning a honeymoon trip or a trip with your friends and family to Mauritius, you need to have a valid Mauritius visa. For entering Mauritius, you will need a valid Mauritius tourist visa which you will get at the airport. A Mauritius visa for Indians is necessary for every Indian tourist to the country. There is also no lengthy procedure for applying for a Mauritius tourist visa. For Indian citizens, there are certain Mauritius visa requirements, but there are no Mauritius visa fees.
Mauritius Visa for Indians – How to Apply?
There is a provision for a visa on arrival for Indian travellers to Mauritius. So, if you start looking for a Mauritius tourist visa for Indians online, you will see just one option, i.e., the visa on arrival. Indian travellers, therefore, cannot get the Mauritius visa in hand before their trip commences. So, once you arrive at Mauritius Airport, you can pick up your visa from the immigration desk there.
To get the visa in hand, there are certain documents that you will need to submit at the immigration desk. In addition, there are certain Mauritius visa requirements that you need to know. To become eligible for a Mauritius tourist visa for Indians, you must meet the below-listed criteria:
- You must have an Indian Passport with a validity of at least six months from the date of travel.
- Be sure to carry your proof of accommodation in Mauritius.
- Confirmed return tickets for your Mauritius trip within the 60 days for which your visa will be valid.
- You must have funds worth ₹3,600 to ₹7,200 as daily expenses during your stay.
Mauritius Visa Types for Indians
There are 3 different types of Mauritius visas available for Indians –
- Mauritius Tourist Visa – This one is the visa on arrival you will get once you land in Mauritius as a tourist.
- Mauritius Student Visa – This visa type is available for international students who wish to study in Mauritius; take up a bachelor’s or master’s degree in the country.
- Mauritius Business Visa – The Mauritian government has made business-friendly rules. Hence, if you plan to settle down there and start your own business, you need to get yourself a business visa.
Mauritius Visa Requirements for Indians – Documents Needed
Now that you are aware of the Mauritius visa types, you will have to know what documents you would need to apply for a Mauritius visa on arrival for Indians. Take a look at the list of documents below:
- Duly filled visa forms with every necessary detail
- Two recent passport-sized photographs of the traveller(s)
- Indian passport with a validity of at least 6 months from the date of arrival at Mauritius
- If you plan on visiting another destination from Mauritius, you need to have a valid visa for that country
- Copy of confirmed return flight tickets.
- All accommodation details in Mauritius.
- If any Mauritian citizen is sponsoring your trip, you will have to show a letter from them indicating the same. You will also have to mention their address and your relationship with them.
- Proof of sufficient finances to cover the expenses that may arise during your stay
- A current bank statement may also be required in a few cases
Travel Insurance for Mauritius Tourist Visa
Although the Mauritian government doesn’t mandate a travel policy for its tourists, it’s better to be safe than sorry! For instance, a lot can go wrong during your trip to Mauritius. You may meet with an accident or fall sick for which you may need hospitalisation. And hospitalisation charges in Mauritius will be much more than what you would spend in India. Hence, your travel insurance plan can take care of such huge bills.
Also, what if you lose your luggage in transit? or misplace your passport? Your travel insurance can compensate for the loss. You will not have to take any financial burden upon yourself.
With Tata AIG, you can compare travel insurance plans on our official website. Then, according to your insurance needs, you can choose a plan that will suit your budget well. Also, our travel insurance premium calculator online will help you check the cost of the travel insurance plans. Hence, it will be easier for you to pick the most affordable policy for your trip to Mauritius.
Mauritius Tourist Visa - Post-COVID Restrictions
Mauritius has recently lifted all its COVID-19 mandates for visitors. To boost tourism in the country, the government has declared that the tourists will no longer have to provide a negative RTPCR test result that’s taken 72 hours before arrival. Therefore, the Ministry of Health and Wellness in Mauritius has dropped this condition effective from Saturday, March 12, 2022.
Reasons for the Rejection of Mauritius Tourist Visa On Arrival
You may not receive a visa on arrival from India due to the following reasons:
- Submission of inaccurate/incomplete visa-on-arrival application form
- History of immigration crimes or involvement in criminal activities in the past
- No clear proof of your travel itinerary and no particular purpose for going or returning from Mauritius
- Insufficient documentary evidence is required to prove your visa application
Things to Know About Mauritius
- Mauritius doesn’t have any indigenous population because it was uninhabited by humans until the Arabs landed there in the Middle Ages.
- The main island of Mauritius is just about 28 miles wide and 40 miles long.
- The island was settled by the Dutch, the British and the French.
- In 1968, Mauritius gained its independence.
- If you are a beach lover, you will fall in love with the country as it has a 150 km wide stretch of white sand beaches.
- The dodo bird is a bird-inspired symbol of the Mauritius island, and Lewis Carol writes about it in his book ‘Alice in Wonderland’.
- Mauritius has no official language. The locals speak English, French, and Creole.
What Should One Explore When They Arrive in Mauritius?
Mauritius will surely keep you on your toes, from beaches to lovely islands, museums, monuments, architectural wonders, shopping hubs, etc. Here are a few more things that you can explore on your Mauritius trip to come back home with the most amazing travel memories –
- Enjoy magnificent sunrises amidst greenery at Belle Mare Plage.
- Experience thrilling water sports at Pereybere.
- If you are fond of swimming, you can swim your heart out at the La Cambuse.
- Go on a cruising expenditure at the Ilot Gabriel Beach.
- Witness the seven-coloured sand at the Chamarel Coloured Earth.
- Soak in the breath-taking beauty of the Black River Gorges National Park.
- Enter the world of majestic wildlife at the Casela World of Adventures.
The display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and any other subject matter of intellectual property on this page pertains and belongs to their respective owners. The display of such intellectual properties on this page must not be construed as an indication of Tata AIG's association or partnership with the owners of said intellectual property.
*Subject to change based on the travel insurance policy's nature, extent, and duration.
Disclaimer / TnC
Your policy is subjected to terms and conditions & inclusions and exclusions mentioned in your policy wording. Please go through the documents carefully.
1. Do Indians need a visa to travel to Mauritius?
1. Do Indians need a visa to travel to Mauritius?
Indians can get a visa on arrival for their Mauritius trip. There is no need to apply for a Mauritius tourist visa before commencing the journey.
2. Is it easy to get a Mauritius visa?
Indian travellers can get a visa on arrival from the immigration desk at the Mauritius airport after submitting a few necessary documents.
3. How can one purchase travel insurance for Mauritius through Tata AIG?
One can easily buy the Tata AIG Travel Insurance for Mauritius by following the steps mentioned below:
- First, go to the official Tata AIG website and visit the Travel Insurance page.
- In the tab named 'Travelling to', enter Mauritius as your preferred travel destination
- One needs to enter the starting and ending date of their Mauritius trip.
- Select the 'Get Plan' option to fetch the Tata AIG Mauritius Traveller Insurance Plans that they can pick from.
- One must submit the essentials and particulars like name, contact details, address, etc.
- Select the 'Get Quote' option to receive the travel insurance quote.
- One needs to pay the premium charges online if they feel the quote is suitable.
- Download their Tata AIG Mauritius Travel Insurance Plan copy from their registered email ID.
4. What does Tata AIG's Travel Insurance for Mauritius Plan Cover?
Tata AIG Travel Insurance Mauritius Plan puts forward the following covers:
- Journey cover
- Medical cover
- COVID-19 cover
- Hijack Cover
- Baggage Cover
- Personal Liability cover
- Cover against Sickness and Accidents