How to Download the COVID-19 Vaccine Certificate?
- Author :
- TATA AIG Team
- Published on :
The Covid-19 pandemic has shaken the world. There are billions of people who have contracted the virus. Unfortunately, many people have died because of the complications arising due to the infection, and many people are still suffering from the after-effects of the virus. One hope amidst the pandemic is the vaccinations that have been introduced for the general public to contain the spread of this deadly virus.
In every country, including India, governments are trying to vaccinate as many people as they can so that the virus can be contained and so that there is the least loss of life. The government of India is also putting a lot of effort into vaccinating its citizens. The people who have been vaccinated are being issued vaccination certificates that state the status of the vaccination. The vaccine certificate download process is simple and quick.
Before we get into the Covid-19 vaccine certificate download options, it is important to understand the benefits of getting a health insurance plan. With the ongoing pandemic, getting hospitalised can prove to be expensive, and you might have to take out your savings if you do not have medical insurance. Thus, getting medical insurance that covers hospitalisation because of Covid-19 is advisable.
With Tata AIG, you can get a health insurance plan by visiting our website. The process of purchasing medical insurance is efficient. You can also know the premium that you need to pay for the policy using the calculator for medical insurance premiums available on our website. Also, if you do not know already, there are tax benefits of health insurance.
Let us get into the Covid-19 vaccine certificate download process.
Covid Certificate Download Using Cowin App/Website
Here are the steps for covid certificate download using the Cowin application:
- Visit the Cowin portal or download the Cowin application from the Appstore of your phone.
- Enter your mobile number so that you can register or sign in.
- You will receive an OTP on the mobile that you have entered for verification.
- Once you have logged in, you will see a Download Certificate tab under your name.
- All you need to do is click on the Download option, and you will get the vaccine certificate in pdf format.
- Only the first dose certificate can be downloaded if you still have not received the second dose of your vaccination.
Thus, these are the steps for Covid certificate download using the Cowin application. The process is simple and can be done either through the website or the application, as per your choice.
How to Get Aarogya Setu Certificate Using the App?
Here are the steps to get the Aarogya Setu certificate using the application:
- Get the Aarogya Setu app and open it on your mobile number.
- Get to the tab that states Cowin.
- Now, click on Register Now.
- Enter your mobile number and then verify it using the OTP sent to your number.
- Now, you can select the Vaccine Certificate option. You will be asked for the 13-digit reference ID.
- Enter the ID, and you will get the ‘download Covid certificate’ option.
Covid Certificate Download Using Umang App
Here are the steps to download the Covid certificate using the Umang application:
- First, get the Umang app and search the Cowin tab.
- Now, click on Register/ Login.
- You will see the Download Vaccine certificate option.
- Enter the mobile number and verify it with the help of the OTP sent to your number.
- Once your mobile number has been verified. You can download the Covid certificate easily.
Covid Certificate Download Using Digilocker App
The Digilocker app has been introduced by the government to enable citizens to save all government documents, including driving licences, aadhar cards, etc., electronically. You can show these soft copies on your application with ease. All the data related to the Indian government documents and departments are stored on this application.
Here are the steps to download the Covid certificate using the application:
- The first step is to get the Digilocker application from the Appstore of your mobile phone.
- You will be asked to register using your personal information like aadhar card number, name, date of birth, PIN, gender, etc.
- After you have registered, choose the Central Government tab from the options.
- Now, from the option, tap on the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- You will see the Vaccine Certified tab.
- From here, select the Vaccination certificate link.
- After you have entered the 13-digit referenced ID, you will be able to download your Covid-19 vaccine certificate.
Why is Downloading a Covid Certificate Essential?
With domestic and international travelling lifting the blanket ban, people have started moving from one place to another. However, governments of states and countries are wary of a spike in the number of Covid-19 infections. Therefore, they have laid down a couple of stringent policies, and having a covid vaccination certificate is one of them.
Here are some other reasons to download the Covid certificate:
- The vaccine certificate has details about the doses of vaccination that you have received, the type of vaccine, and other details that are important.
- It acts as proof of vaccination when you travel within the country or abroad.
- Almost all the countries have made vaccination compulsory for travellers, and you might not be permitted into the country if you do not have a vaccination certificate.
- The vaccine certificate is free, and you can download it from any of the above methods and keep it on your phone.
- You can also download the vaccine certificate from WhatsApp easily if you have your phone and internet connection.
- You do not need to get RT PCR done in most places if you have the vaccine certificate with you.
There are multiple ways to Covid vaccine certificate download, and all of them are efficient and easy. Covid vaccine certificate download is important as you might have to show the certificate when you are travelling. Also, it contains details about your vaccination which can be essential.
While vaccination is one of the ways to avoid getting infected by the virus, it is essential that you get medical insurance so that you have a financial safety net if you end up getting infected and hospitalised. The virus is unpredictable and so taking precautions include getting vaccinated and getting a health insurance plan.