Health Benefits of Sabja Seeds
- Author :
- TATA AIG Team
- Published on :
In the realm of nutrition and wellness, a plethora of natural wonders often go unnoticed. Sabja seeds, basil seeds or tukmaria, fall under this hidden gems category. While their diminutive size may deceive you, these tiny seeds pack an incredible punch when it comes to health benefits. Derived from the basil plant, these seeds have been used for centuries in various cultures for their medicinal properties and culinary uses. Rich in essential nutrients, fibre, and antioxidants, the benefits of eating sabja seeds encompass digestion, weight management, heart health, and even skin rejuvenation.
In this blog, we will dive deep into the nutritional facts of sabja seeds, learn how to incorporate them into our daily lives, and get an answer to the question; what are the health benefits of sabja seeds?
Get ready to embrace these humble seeds and witness the profound impact they can have on your overall well-being.
Nutritional Benefits of Basil Seeds
Sabja seeds are packed with a range of essential nutrients that contribute to their numerous health benefits.
Here are the key nutritional facts and unavoidable basil seeds benefits:
- Fibre - Sabja seeds are an excellent dietary fibre source, aiding digestion and promoting a healthy digestive system.
- Protein - These tiny seeds are surprisingly rich in protein, making them a valuable addition to vegetarian and vegan diets.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids - Sabja seeds are a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are beneficial for heart health, reducing inflammation, and supporting brain function.
- Antioxidants - Sabja seeds contain antioxidants like flavonoids, which help protect the body against oxidative stress and prevent damage from free radicals.
- Essential Minerals - Sabja seeds are a natural source of essential minerals such as calcium, magnesium, iron, and phosphorus, which are vital for bone health, muscle function, and overall well-being.
- Vitamins – These seeds also provide vitamins such as A, K, and C, contributing to immune function, vision health, and collagen production.
- Low in Calories - Sabja seeds are relatively low in calories, making them a suitable addition to weight management diets.
Top Sabja Seeds Benefits
Incorporating sabja seeds into your daily routine can unlock many health benefits, ensuring a happy gut, a happy heart, and overall well-being. So why not sprinkle some sabja seeds on your favourite dishes and watch them work magic?
Here are a few benefits of sabja seeds that you cannot miss:
- Digestive Delight - Sabja seeds work wonders for digestion. When soaked in water, they form a gel-like consistency that helps in soothing the digestive system, relieving constipation, and preventing bloating.
- Weight Management Wonder - These tiny seeds can be a secret weapon for weight management. The high fibre content keeps you feeling full for longer, curbing cravings and aiding in portion control.
- Heart's Best Friend - Sabja seeds contain omega-3 fatty acids that promote heart health. These healthy fats help reduce cholesterol levels, lower blood pressure, and prevent the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- Skin Saver- Thanks to their antioxidant properties, basil seeds benefits for the skin are numerous! These seeds can help fight free radicals and protect your skin from damage. They aid in maintaining a youthful glow, reducing acne, and promoting a clear complexion.
- Mood Booster -The omega-3 fatty acids in sabja seeds are beneficial not only for the heart but also for the brain. They help improve cognitive function, enhance mood, and reduce symptoms of anxiety and depression.
- Bone Strengthener - Sabja seeds are a rich source of calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus, essential for maintaining strong bones and preventing osteoporosis.
- Blood Sugar Stabiliser - These seeds have a low glycemic index, making them suitable for individuals with diabetes. They help regulate blood sugar levels and improve insulin sensitivity.
- Hydration Helper - When added to beverages, sabja seeds act as a natural coolant and aid in hydration. They are especially refreshing during hot summer months and can help prevent heatstroke.
Sabja Seeds & Chia Seeds: Are They the Same?
Sabja seeds and chia seeds may appear similar, but they actually have a few notable differences. Here are the key distinctions between sabja seeds and chia seeds:
|Origin and Plant Source
|Sabja seeds, also known as basil seeds or tukmaria, come from the sweet basil plant (Ocimum basilicum).
|Chia seeds are derived from the Salvia hispanica plant, which is native to Mexico and Guatemala.
|Appearance and Texture
|Sabja seeds are small, black seeds with a tear-shaped appearance. When soaked in water, they swell and develop a gel-like outer layer.
|Chia seeds are slightly larger and have a more oval shape. They come in various colours, including black, white, and grey. When soaked, chia seeds also form a gel-like outer layer.
|Sabja seeds have a mild, subtle flavour often described as similar to basil leaves.
|Chia seeds have a neutral taste, blending well with various dishes and beverages.
|Sabja seeds are a good source of fibre, protein, and essential minerals like calcium and iron. They also contain omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidants.
|Chia seeds are highly nutritious and rich in fibre, protein, healthy fats (including omega-3 fatty acids), antioxidants, and various vitamins and minerals such as calcium and magnesium.
|Sabja seeds are commonly used in beverages like falooda and lemonade, as well as in desserts and puddings in Indian cuisine.
|Chia seeds are versatile and can be added to smoothies, yoghurt, and baked goods or used as a thickening agent in recipes.
Incorporating sabja seeds into your diet, but in moderation, can contribute to your overall well-being. These tiny seeds offer a myriad of health benefits, ranging from improved digestion and weight management to heart health and skin rejuvenation.
However, it's important to remember that no single food can guarantee perfect health. It is the combination of a balanced, nutritious diet and a healthy lifestyle that truly supports your well-being.
In today's world, where illnesses are on the rise, maintaining a healthy diet has become more crucial than ever. By nourishing your body with wholesome foods like sabja seeds, you can get the necessary nutrients to strengthen your immune system, fight diseases, and promote longevity.
Alongside a healthy diet, having a health insurance plan is also imperative. Illnesses and accidents can strike unexpectedly, leading to medical expenses that can be financially burdensome. A medical insurance plan from Tata AIG provides a safety net, ensuring that you have access to quality healthcare without worrying about the cost.
So, embrace the power of sabja seeds, adopt a balanced diet, and enjoy the benefits of health insurance by choosing the right health insurance with us.
Disclaimer / TnC
Your policy is subjected to terms and conditions & inclusions and exclusions mentioned in your policy wording. Please go through the documents carefully.