Duplicate RC Online And Offline
- Author :
- TATA AIG Team
- Published on :
The registration certificate for your vehicle is a legal document that proves your vehicle is legally registered with the RTO. Riding a two-wheeler/four-wheeler without a valid licence is illegal, and so is riding with a damaged RC. The following article will walk you through the process of obtaining a duplicate RC, and also the documents required for RC copy download.
When Would You Need a Duplicate RC?
There are several scenarios that could cause your RC to be damaged. For example, your RC could be damaged in a fire, dispersed in water, or accidentally torn away. Similarly, if you leave your important documents in your vehicle and the vehicle is stolen, you will lose your RC. In such cases, you must apply for a duplicate RC.
How to Obtain Duplicate RC Online?
Everything has gone digital, from four-wheeler and two-wheeler insurance to obtaining a duplicate RC. In order to apply for a duplicate RC online, follow the steps below.
- Open your desktop and go to the Parivahan Sewa official website.
- Choose your state and the RTO office in your city.
- Share the details of your two-wheeler or the vehicle in question, then click the 'Proceed' button. Following that, your vehicle's information will appear on the screen, which you must thoroughly check.
- Next, select 'Duplicate Registration Certificate' from the service menu.
- Share the last five digits of your bike's chassis number.
- Fill out the form with all relevant information, including FIR and online two-wheeler insurance details.
- Upload the documents and tap on the 'Submit' tab.
- Make payment and print the acknowledgement receipt.
- Submit the documents and receipt at the RTO office.
After performing the necessary verification of your details and bike, the concerned authority will issue the duplicate RC.
Documents Required for Duplicate RC Online
The documents needed for the purpose of duplicate RC download vary slightly by state. The complete documents are listed below.
- Form no. 26 from the lender who financed your vehicle, along with the endorsement letter.
- FIR copy if your vehicle is lost or stolen.
- Attested copy of Pollution Under Control (PUC) certificate
- Attested copy of insurance certificate and address proof
- Traffic challan clearance copy
- Attested copy of PAN card or form 60/61
- Pencil print of chassis and engine
- Affidavit stating that the RC has been lost and has not yet been recovered
- Proof of the vehicle owner's signature
Documents which require attestation must be done by the Public Notary/ Nigam Parshad/ Gazetted Officer/ MLA.
How to Apply for Duplicate RC Offline?
In order to obtain duplicate RC offline, here is what you need to do.
- The first step is to lodge an FIR at the nearest police station. When filing an FIR, share information about the vehicle's owner, engine and chassis numbers, and registration information.
- Next, visit the RTO office where your bike was first registered.
- Get RC extract. It is a document that contains information about the vehicle owner and their driving licence.
- Fill out the application form along with form 26.
- Get form 26 attested from the lender if the vehicle in question was bought on loan.
- Choose the vehicle type.
- Submit the duly filled form with the complete set of documents at the RTO office and collect the acknowledgement receipt.
Documents Required for Duplicate RC Offline
The document differs slightly for the online and offline RC processes. Here is the complete list.
- No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the lender
- PUC certificate
- Valid insurance papers
- Tax token and the previous year's tax payment details
How Long Does it Take to Process a Duplicate RC?
The processing time for a duplicate RC application is usually between 15 and 30 days from the date of submission. Once the processing is complete, you can access the online portal and download the duplicate RC.
How Can I Check the Status of a Duplicate Registration Certificate?
In order to check the duplicate RC status online, you need to visit the Parivahan Sewa services portal. On the site, navigate to the RCDL and click on it. You are then required to share the vehicle's registration details on the next page, and the status will appear on the screen
Difference Between Obtaining Duplicate and RC Renewal
Many people consider RC renewal and duplicate RC to be the same thing. However, these are two entirely different things. You go to the RTO for a duplicate RC when your registration certificate is lost, damaged, or stolen. Whereas; RC renewal is required after your vehicle has been on the road for 15 years. The renewal period is different for commercial and private vehicles.
How to Renew RC?
You can re-register your vehicle using the following steps.
- Visit the nearest RTO office and submit a duly filled application with form 25.
- Next, you will be assigned an RTO inspector for the surveying process. They will inspect your vehicle's engine and other components' health.
- Pay the necessary fee at the RTO counter.
- The concerned authority will issue you a new certificate after successfully verifying the provided documents.
How to Get an RC Card Online?
Previously, RTOs provided RC books, which were essentially hard copies that were easily damaged. However, with an increasing number of RC books being torn and damaged, the RTO has launched a smart card. If you want to convert your existing RC into a card, here are the steps you need to follow.
- Draft an application under the name of your city's traffic police superintendent.
- The application must highlight the detail of your intention to convert the RC book into a smart card.
- Visit the RTO office with your vehicle's insurance and PUC certificate.
- Surrender your old RC book and submit the required documents
- The concerned authority requires you to pay a mandatory fee of Rs 300 to convert your book into an RC Smart card.
- The RTO will verify your information, and if everything checks out, the smart card will be dispatched to your registered address.
Documents Required for Converting RC Book Into a Smart Card
In case you wish to convert your book into an RC Smart card, you will need the following documents.
- Original RC
- Identity proof
- Proof of Address
- Valid insurance certificate
- PUC copy
- Chassis imprint
- Duly filled application for card issuance
The registration certificate (RC) for your vehicle is an important document that informs traffic authorities if the vehicle owner is genuine and the vehicle is not stolen. If your RC book is damaged or stolen, immediately follow the steps outlined above to have it replaced with a new one. It is preferable to replace your lost or damaged RC with a smart card. Remember that riding a bike with a damaged or missing RC will result in a penalty. Additionally, if your bike does not have valid insurance for a two-wheeler, use the bike insurance calculator to choose ideal coverage at an affordable premium.
Disclaimer / TnC
Your policy is subjected to terms and conditions & inclusions and exclusions mentioned in your policy wording. Please go through the documents carefully.