- Everything you should know about AYUSH benefits for your wellness
Did you know that Ayurveda has been practised in India for over 5000 years? You might think something so ancient and traditional might not get covered under your regular health insurance plan, but we have good news for you!
MediCare covers not only Ayurveda but also other ancient systems medicine such as Unani, Sidha and Homeopathy under its AYUSH benefits.
Understanding that a patient has a right to choose their preferred treatment method, AYUSH provides a variety of traditional treatments while along with the usual benefits of health insurance.
But before we look at AYUSH benefits of MediCare, let’s look at why these alternative medicines are so popular.
- Address the root cause rather than just the symptoms: As opposed to western medicine, Ayurveda digs deep to treat the cause of a disease rather than just managing the symptoms. Now, what would you want, your cold to go away or your constant sneezing to ease up?
- Excellent for managing chronic illnesses: In allopathy, the treatment of diseases such as diabetes and hypertension involves painful injections or multiple pills that need to be taken throughout the day. And even then it mostly only manages to control it. But alternative treatments like Ayurveda or Sidha aim to manage it naturally and without any pain involved. Moreover, the treatments ensure that your overall health improves as well.
- It has a holistic approach to treatment: In Ayurveda, a human being is seen as a combination of body, mind, soul and senses. So, in order to treat any illness, the system takes all four into account and treats the patient more holistically.
What you need to know about AYUSH benefit of Tata AIG MediCare:
- Expenses incurred on in-patient treatment taken under Ayurveda, Unani, Sidha and Homeopathy are covered.
- The treatment must be received at a government hospital or an institution recognised by the government or accredited by the Quality Council of India.
- The health insurance policy also covers treatment taken at AYUSH colleges recognised by the Central Council of Indian Medicine (CCIM) or the Central Council of Homeopathy (CCH).
- The policy doesn’t cover spas, massages and health rejuvenation procedures.
While western medicine is amazing, sometimes it doesn’t have all the answers. The ones alternative medicines can provide and help you with. We understand this which is why in Tata AIG MediCare (UIN: TATHLIP18004V011819), we cater to all systems of medical treatments. After all, whatever helps you has our support. So, think ahead and get the right insurance for yourself and your family.
Call Toll Free No- 1800-425-4033