Secure Health Insurance
Secure Health Insurance
How to Apply for Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana
- Author :
- TATA AIG Team
- Published on :
Health insurance is an essential requirement for every individual. However, one of the most pressing questions afflicting a significant section of our society is whether it would be affordable to invest in a medical insurance plan. Therefore, the Government of India launched the Ayushman Bharat Yojana, also known as the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY). With the introduction of this scheme, every Indian can avail of the benefits of health insurance.
Eligible individuals can avail of the healthcare facilities under the PMJAY using the Ayushman Bharat card. Before you type “Ayushman Bharat Yojana apply online” on your search window, it’s important to understand what the health insurance scheme is all about.
What is The Ayushman Bharat Yojana?
The Ayushman Bharat Yojana is the flagship health insurance scheme the Indian government launched based on the recommendations made under the National Health Policy 2017. As of 31 March 2022, as many as 18 crore Ayushman Bharat e-cards were issued.
Under this scheme, an average coverage amount of ₹5 lakhs is offered to the beneficiaries. It offers coverage for most of the expenses incurred on diagnosis and treatment, as well as costs for pre-hospitalisation and medicines. This medical insurance plan also offers cashless and paperless services that the policyholder can opt for at any point in time.
An individual holding the Ayushman Bharat card can avail of completely cashless secondary and tertiary healthcare services. This e-card can be used to get healthcare services at a public or private empanelled hospital across India. After you apply for Ayushman card, you are eligible to receive three days of pre-hospitalisation expenses and 15 days of expenses incurred post-hospitalisation. The coverage also includes more than 1,400 medical procedures with associated costs such as OT expenses. Essentially, the medical insurance plan enables easy access to healthcare services for the economically disadvantaged in our country.
The Ayushman Bharat Yojana employs a comprehensive approach to address the challenges in accessing healthcare services for those who are financially challenged. The scheme includes prevention, treatment, and ambulatory care at the primary, secondary, and tertiary levels.
The application process is also seamless and by simply looking up “Ayushman card online apply” you will know the steps to avail of the healthcare scheme.
Ayushman Bharat Yojana - Apply Online
Ayushman card online registration is both simple and convenient. The PMJAY is applicable to every beneficiary identified as the SECC 2011 as well as those who are already a part of the RSBY scheme. Here is how you can check your Ayushman card eligibility:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of the PMJAY: https://mera.pmjay.gov.in/search/login
- Step 2: Enter your mobile number along with the captcha code displayed in the small box and click on the tab that says “Generate OTP”.
- Step 3: Fill in the OTP that you will receive on your registered mobile number, after which you will be directed to the PMJAY login screen.
- Step 4: From the drop-down, select the state from which you are doing your Ayushman Bharat Yojana registration.
- Step 5: From the options provided, choose how you will want to verify your Ayushman card eligibility. The options include mobile number, name, Ration Card number, or your RSBY URN number.
- Step 6: Once you have correctly added the above information, your name will reflect on the right-hand side of the web page if you are eligible for Ayushman card online registration.
- Step 7: At the time of your Ayushman Bharat yojana registration, you can also check who the beneficiaries of the policies are by clicking on the ‘Family Members’ tab.
Aside from the aforementioned, you can also check your eligibility for the PMJAY by visiting any Empanelled Health Care Provider (EHCP). Alternatively, you can also check your eligibility to apply for Ayushman card by dialling the call centre number: 1800-111-565 or 14555.
How to Include Your Name in the PMJAY?
The Ayushman Bharat Yojana registration is made simple so every individual can avail of the benefits of a medical insurance plan. Here is how you can add your name to the PMJAY:
- Step 1: Once you log into the official website of the healthcare scheme, you will have to click on the tab that displays ‘Add Family Details’.
- Step 2: Enter your Ration Card number in the relevant section and click on ‘Check Document Details’.
- Step 3: If your Ration Card is attached to that of your family, then the screen will display your name.
Ayushman Card - Documents Required
For a seamless registration process, it is always advised to keep all the necessary documents handy. Here are the documents required for Ayushman Bharat card:
- Proof of your age and identity, such as your PAN card or your Aadhar card
- Contact details, including your mobile number, email ID, address, etc.
- Caste certificate
- Income certificate (you are only eligible if your maximum annual income does not exceed ₹5 lakhs a year)
- Document proof of the family status – whether they are nuclear or joint – that you are seeking coverage for
What are the Criteria to Determine the Eligibility for the PMJAY?
The Ayushman Bharat Yojana is an eligibility-based healthcare scheme that provides coverage to individuals based on the deprivation criteria according to the SECC (socio-economic and caste census) database.
- In rural areas, the beneficiaries are categorised according to the deprivation criteria D1, D2, D3, D4, D5, and D7, as per the SECC database
- In urban areas, the eligibility is determined based on the 11 occupational criteria
- Additionally, the beneficiaries of the Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojna (RSBY) are also included under the PMJAY coverage
Health insurance is not a luxury but a necessity. With the soaring hospitalisation expenses and rise in illnesses owing to insufficient nutrition and exercise, the underprivileged strata of society find it difficult to access safe medical treatment. The scheme provides funding of ₹5 lakh per family annually, along with coverage for pre-existing illnesses and daycare procedures. With the Ayushman Bharat Yojana, healthcare has become accessible and affordable to every Indian.
The comprehensive medical insurance plan by Tata AIG includes a host of convenient services, such as paperless policies and cashless treatments. It accommodates the changing lifestyle as well as the rising medical costs.