Secure Health Insurance
Secure Health Insurance
COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate
- Author :
- TATA AIG Team
- Published on :
Covid-19 is one of the deadliest pandemics, and it created quite a havoc. People were getting infected, and lakhs of people died. While Covid-19 is still not over, the government of India was quick to get vaccines for the public, and billions of people have been vaccinated until now. After getting vaccinated, the government issues a vaccination certificate that has the details of your vaccination, among other details.
If you are wondering what are the uses and benefits of the Covid-19 certificate we have illustrated them for you in this blog. Before we get into the details of the vaccination certificate, it is essential to know the benefits of health insurance. With a health insurance plan, you can pay for a medical emergency with ease. In addition, you will not have to dip into your savings if an emergency arises.
With Tata AIG, buying a health insurance plan is easy and quick. You can complete the purchase online. Also, the medical insurance plan includes coverage for Covid-19. Also, you can opt for cashless hospitalisation at one of the 7200+ network hospitals.
Now, let us get into the uses and benefits of the Covid-19 certificate.
What is the Use of the Covid-19 Vaccine Certificate?
The Government of India has started administering two doses of the coronavirus vaccination to the people of the country. The vaccination helps people in avoiding getting infected with the coronavirus. Coronavirus can spread from the air or through person-to-person contact. Airborne particles and tiny droplets are capable of spreading the infection.
Earlier, the only way to limit the spread of the disease was through a lockdown. But, now that the vaccines are here, the government has started to issue Covid-19 vaccine certificates to inform the beneficiary of the vaccine regarding their vaccine status. The certificate for the Covid vaccine includes information like the type of vaccination administered and the due date for completing both doses of the vaccine.
If you are wondering about the uses of the Covid vaccine, the vaccine helps the body produce antibodies that can fight the virus. So you will not get sick or feel the symptoms of the disease.
Also, vaccinated people have been allowed to visit certain places so that there is a lesser threat of the spread of the virus. Also, you can meet people without having a fear of Covid-19 infection.
Now, let us get into the benefits of the certificate for the Covid vaccine.
Benefits of the Certificate for Covid-19 Vaccination
Here is the list of benefits of the certificate for Covid-19 vaccination:
- The vaccination certificate is essential to keep track of all the people who have been vaccinated across India.
- The details of the vaccination of the beneficiary and the status of the vaccination are mentioned on the certificate.
- You can travel without any fear of getting infected if you have the Covid-19 certificate.
- When you meet people who have been vaccinated, there is a lesser chance of the spread of the coronavirus.
- You can download the Covid-19 vaccine certificate for free if you have access to the internet. In addition, the certificate can be downloaded to your mobile phone, and you can show a soft copy of the certificate when needed.
- A Covid-19 vaccine certificate has become mandatory for travel from one country to another. Thus, it will help you travel without any hassles.
- If you have a valid vaccination certificate, you might be able to skip additional testing requirements, quarantines, etc., in some cases. Thus, having a vaccination can prove to be helpful in these cases.
How to Download the Covid-19 Vaccine Certificate Online Through COWIN
When you get your first dose of the vaccine, you must download the Covid-19 vaccine certificate. Here are some simple steps to do so:
- Go to the official COWIN website: https://www.cowin.gov.in/home.
- Login with the same number that you had used at the time of registration for the vaccine.
- Next, you will receive an OTP on the number. Then, you must add the OTP in the space that has been provided so that you can log in.
- Tap the Certificate option after you have logged in.
- Tap on the Download tab so that the certificate for the Covid vaccine can be downloaded.
Now, keep the certificate safe. If you lose the certificate, you can download the Covid-19 vaccine certificate again using the same steps.
How to Download the Covid-19 Vaccine Certificate Online Through Arogya Setu App
You can also download the Covid-19 vaccine certificate using the Arogya Setu app. Here are the steps that you need to take:
- You must open the Arogya Setu app. Then, you can download this app from your App Store on your mobile phone.
- Now, sign in using the same mobile number that you have used for registering yourself for the vaccination.
- You will see a COWIN tab at the top of the app. Click on the Certificate tab from there.
- Now, enter the reference ID number, which is 13 digits and download the Covid-19 certificate.
It is essential that you download the Covid-19 vaccine certificate as soon as you get the first dose of the vaccination. There are various uses and benefits of having a vaccination certificate, and it is proof that you have been administered the vaccination. In addition, it will allow you to travel from one place to another without any hassles. Also, you might need the certificate to get the second dose of the vaccine.
Getting a vaccination has become critical because of the spread of the pandemic. Also, do not forget to get a health insurance plan that includes coverage for Covid-19, as it will help you cover the costs if you get hospitalised due to the disease. If you have not yet purchased a medical insurance plan, get one from Tata AIG today!
Disclaimer / TnC
Your policy is subjected to terms and conditions & inclusions and exclusions mentioned in your policy wording. Please go through the documents carefully.