Curd for Hair: Benefits & How to Apply
- Author :
- TATA AIG Team
- Published on :
Having good and healthy hair has become an obsession for many of us. It is apparent from the increase in the number of salons, hair care products, and different types of therapies. You take hair care as a routine, using the best products in time and visiting hair care professionals in extreme cases. Good and healthy hair can significantly impact your image and boost your self-confidence. While different types of hair care products are available in the market, natural remedies are always sought after for they are healthy and may not have any side effects. One such option is curd for hair. Is curd good for hair?
Benefits of Curd for Hair
Curd Acts As An Anti-Dandruff Agent - Dandruff is one of the most important causes of an itchy scalp. It can increase the dryness and inflammation in the hair over a period. Curd has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that can help eliminate the dandruff issue. In addition, curd contains the propionibacterium microbe, a good bacteria that can reduce dandruff on your scalp. The effect regulates the pH levels of your scalp for healthy hair. It can be used alone or in combination with other ingredients to help decrease dandruff and eliminate it thoroughly over a period.
Curd Helps In Reducing Hair Fall - Curd is rich in proteins and lactic acid that can nourish the scalp and build the root, encouraging hair growth. In addition, it is found to remove dead skin cells and unclog hair follicles to reduce hair fall. Moreover, the nourishment will maintain healthy hair if used frequently over the long term.
Curd Acts As A Hair Strengthener - Curd is enriched with zinc, protein, B vitamins and fatty acids that help strengthen the hair. The lactic acid will cleanse the scalp, help exfoliate dead skin cells, prevent infections, and promote growing strong hair. Furthermore, zinc and biotin nourish hair follicles and make them healthier.
Curd Acts As A Natural Hair Conditioner - Curd contains high fatty acids, minerals, protein, and calcium. These ingredients strengthen the hair follicles, making the hair softer and acting as a natural conditioner. It can go deep inside the scalp and provide an intense moisturising effect. When used frequently, it can increase moisture content and give the hair a smooth and glossy appearance. In addition, the vitamin B12 in curd can accelerate hair development. Therefore, for dry and dull hair, curd can provide ultra nourishment for its increased strength.
Curd Can Help Hair Become Smooth And Shiny - The rich fatty acids help eliminate the dead skin cells and create space for the oxygen-rich cells. It is an effect that makes the hair look smoother, increasing the radiance. In addition, it makes the hair soft and shiny. If you have frizzy hair, curd can make it appear soft and shiny when used regularly.
How To Apply Curd On Hair For Increased Benefits
While looking forward to ensuring the benefits of applying curd on hair, it is essential to know the correct methods of application for increased benefits.
Here are a few ways to help you understand how to use curd for hair growth and other benefits.
1. Honey and curd for hair conditioning - Honey is another ingredient that acts as a natural moisturiser. Take a bowl of curd and add two teaspoons of honey to it. Mix the ingredients well and apply the paste to the scalp. Massage the scalp and leave the mixture on your scalp for 20 minutes. Wash and shampoo your hair thoroughly later to see smooth and shiny hair.
2. Curd and egg for hair growth - Egg is one of the most important ingredients for nourishing the hair and scalp. In combination with curd, it can have magical effects on hair growth. Take an egg and mix two tablespoons of curd into it. Add this paste to your scalp and from the root of the hair to the tip. Leave the mix on your hair for 20 to 30 minutes and wash it with a mild shampoo.
3. Curd, honey, and egg for reducing hair fall - Curd, honey, and egg can nourish and provide smooth and shiny hair. Take 6 -** 7 tablespoons of curd and add 2 teaspoons of honey. In a separate bowl, whisk one egg. Add the egg to the curd and honey mixture and mix the ingredients well. Apply the mix to your hair, leave it for 20 minutes, and wash it with a mild shampoo.
4. Curd and fenugreek seeds for treating dandruff - A mix of curd with fenugreek seeds can be a natural remedy to treat dandruff. Grind fenugreek seeds to make a fine powder. Add 1 teaspoon of this powder and mix it with 1 cup of curd. Apply the mix on the scalp. Leave the mix on your hair for 1 hour and wash it gently with a mild shampoo.
5. Curd and lemon for hair to reduce dandruff - Lemon is a nutritionally rich ingredient with several health benefits. Take one cup of curd and add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. Mix the ingredients well and apply the mix to your hair. Cover it with a shower cap for 40 minutes and wash it with mild shampoo. It is highly effective for treating dandruff.
Importance Of Having A Health Insurance
Natural remedies are always the best way to treat a medical condition. However, certain illnesses or injuries cannot be cured using a natural remedy. It might require hospitalisation and consistent treatment over a long period. In addition, there can be scenarios where the diagnosis and the corresponding treatment force you to break open your savings. In such cases, the benefits of health insurance will prove to be highly effective.
A medical insurance plan is affordable and can cover the entire pre and post-hospitalisation costs for all your medical treatment. At Tata AIG, you can buy health insurance online by comparing various products and choosing the best option that is affordable and suitable for all your financial needs.
Curd is considered a natural remedy that can provide a wide range of benefits to your hair, such as acting as an anti-dandruff agent, natural hair conditioner, hair strengthening, and reducing hair fall. The rich nutrients contained in curd can provide intense nourishment and hydration to your hair, making it extremely smooth, soft, and shiny. In addition, curd in combination with other natural ingredients like honey, egg, or fenugreek seeds, can maximise its benefits and enhance the overall health of your hair. So, if you prefer a natural remedy to boost your hair growth, consider using curd as a natural hair care solution.
Disclaimer / TnC
Your policy is subjected to terms and conditions & inclusions and exclusions mentioned in your policy wording. Please go through the documents carefully.