Documents Required for Canada Visitor Visa from India
- Author :
- TATA AIG Team
- Published on :
Canada is one of the most immigration-friendly destinations. Flaunting immense natural beauty, Canada is a popular tourist location. Visitors from India must have a visa while visiting Canada.
While most immigration applicants smoothly acquire a tourist visa for Canada, often, multiple applications are rejected because of incorrect documentation or incomplete forms. If you plan to visit Canada, keep reading to know all the documents required for Canada tourist visa from India.
Who Would Require a Canada Tourist Visa?
If you plan to visit Canada from India, you would require a visa like many other citizens. Most foreign travelers, including Indians, can stay in Canada for up to six months. Anyone willing to extend their stay for over six months must apply for an extension a minimum of 30 days before the visa expires.
A foreign traveler would require a visa if they plan on visiting Canada for the following reasons:
- Tourism and leisure
- Compassionate reasons
- To meet friends and family
The Minimum Canada Visitor Visa Checklist
There are some minimum requirements for any visitor applying for a Canadian visa.
- Must be in good health.
- Should have no criminal record.
- Must have a passport.
- Should be able to show proof of family, job, and financial assets.
- Must provide to and from tickets and the travel itinerary.
- Must have sufficient funds to support a stay in Canada.
Documents Required for Canada Tourist Visa
Listed below are the essential documents required to travel to Canada:
A passport is one of the most essential Canada tourist visa documents. When applying for a Canadian visa, you need to provide two photocopies of the passport's information page. The provided photocopies must include the following:
- Passport number
- Issue date and expiry date of the passport
- Personal information like photo, date of birth, name, place, etc.
While applying for a Canada visa, you would require at least two minimum passport-size photos.
Proof of funds
Another set of documents required for Canada tourist visa from India is proof of funds. While applying for a Canadian visa, you should be able to prove that you have sufficient funds to support your family's stay in the country. Listed below are the documents you need to submit:
- Bank statements
- Tax filing documentation for the past three years
- Appointment letter to show your yearly income
- Evidence of income of your host in Canada
- Evidence of financial support from family and friends to cover the expenses during your stay in Canada
- Other financial proofs like FDs, PPFs, property, etc.
Cover letter A cover letter is yet another piece of documentation essential for Canada tourist visa requirements from India. You must write a cover letter to the Canadian government explaining why they should grant you a tourist visa.
Letter of invitation If you are visiting your friends or family, you must submit a copy of an invitation letter from them. An invitation letter from your family or friends in Canada is not a mandatory document to apply for a Canadian visa. However, it is an added document that makes your case strong.
Visa application form along with other documents Visit the IRCC website and download the visa application form. Please fill out the form and submit it along with the other documents, including photocopies, passport copies, free receipts, and others.
Travel itinerary You must submit a complete itinerary, including copies of the to and from air tickets. List down the places you plan to visit and describe the routes in detail that you plan to take.
Memorandum of Association If you are self-employed, you must submit a Memorandum of Association and other supporting documentation.
Documents of proof You should be able to prove to the visa offers that you do not intend to stay in Canada. The required documents are:
Proof of property dealing and proof of lease - to prove that you would return to your country once your trip is over.
Proof of employment - The contract details of your employment that claim you to be a permanent employee, expected date to return to work, and job role in the company. Note - It is mandatory to produce retirement proofs and pension slips for retired individuals. For students, it is mandatory to submit ID card copies.
The Process of Applying for a Canadian Tourist Visa
You can apply for a Canadian tourist visa both online and offline. You need to visit the closest Visa Application Center for an offline application. The process comprises of submission of biometrics, submission of documents, and fee payment. Let us have a look at the process step-by-step:
- Step 1 - Visit the official website and apply for the Canada Visitors Visa.
- Step 2 - Submit the required documents. You might be asked to visit for an interview.
- Step 3 - There might be a request for other documents or a medical check-up.
- Step 4 - Pay the application fee and biometric fee.
- The application fee is 100 CAD or ₹6195
- The biometrics fee is 85 CAD or ₹5266
- Step 5 - Once the application is processed, the visa application center will return your passport and other documents.
- Step 6 - Once approved, your passport will have the visa stamped.
How Long Does it Take for a Canada Visa Application To Process?
It takes about fifteen days for a Canada visa to be processed. The time taken is subject to the submitted documents, the location of the visa application center, and individual cases. However, the processing time can be delayed due to COVID-19 constraints.
Things to Know Before Planning a Trip To Canada
You must be aware of specific points while planning a trip to Canada.
- Confirm your eligibility - There is an eligibility criterion for tourists visiting Canada from India. Make sure to check your eligibility before applying for a Canada visa.
- Duration of your visit - Depending on your travel requirements, you can have a visa for single and multiple entries. A Canada tourist visa from India is given for up to six months.
- Apply in advance - Every India requires a visa to travel to Canada. However, you must apply for your visa before your travel as there is no provision for a visa on arrival.
- Who can you take along - You can take along your dependents or children.
Canada is a beautiful country, but like every other destination, it has possibilities of mishaps too. You must take an international travel insurance policy to have a safe journey in a foreign country. An international travel insurance plan helps you cope with unforeseen situations without hurting your pocket. It provides you coverage for flight or medical contingencies and helps you travel carefree.
There are ample international travel insurance plans available from reputed brands like Tata AIG. You can choose from different types of travel insurance plans and also compare travel insurance policies before you fixate on one. Investing in a travel insurance policy from Tata AIG is convenient and comes with a host of benefits.
Disclaimer / TnC
Your policy is subjected to terms and conditions & inclusions and exclusions mentioned in your policy wording. Please go through the documents carefully.