How To Reschedule A Passport Appointment
- Author :
- TATA AIG Team
- Published on :
Scheduling an appointment for your passport in-office interview is an essential step in the application process. This is done at the end of the online application process - after submitting your application form and paying your application fees.
A passport is a crucial document that people need if they’re planning to travel overseas. It serves as a means of identification and protects citizens when they leave the country.
A travel insurance plan does something similar. Suppose you, unfortunately, were to lose your passport while you were overseas. An international travel insurance plan would help you out.
Most countries prefer that you have international travel insurance during your stay there. So, get a travel insurance plan from Tata AIG before you plan a trip overseas.
Now, let’s get back to understanding how to reschedule your passport appointment.
A Step-By-Step Process On How To Reschedule A Passport Appointment
When you first apply for a new passport or a passport re-issue, you’re asked to book an appointment slot at the end of your application process. However, if you wish to reschedule or postpone your passport appointment after booking an appointment slot, for whatever reason.
Here’s how to reschedule your passport appointment online:
- Visit the Passport Seva official website.
- Login to your registered account on the site.
- Click on the “Reschedule Appointment” option on the “View Saved/Submitted Applications” tab.
- Then, choose the desired Passport Office and click the “Next” button.
- Click on the “Book Appointment” option after reviewing the available appointment date and time shown on the chosen Passport Office. The appointment (if available) is booked, and the previous appointment is automatically cancelled.
- The appointment confirmation is shown on the next page with the print application receipt option.
- Print your application receipt from this page.
Note: For the passport application reschedule, you can only cancel and reschedule your appointment twice in a given year. If you exceed this limit, you will need to register for a new account, pay the appointment fees, and go through the application process again. Be warned that cancelling and rescheduling too many times can raise suspicions about your intentions.
Why Do People Need New Passports?
Many people opt for a re-issue of their passports due to several factors like name changes, address changes, passport renewal, name correction, etc. Regardless, both new and re-issued passports require you to schedule an appointment.
You can apply for a new passport online on the Passport Seva Kendra website. All you need to do is fill in the requested forms with relevant information and, if required, upload valid ID and address proofs.
After doing so, all applicants must pay an application fee through the website. After which, you pick a PSK (Passport Seva Kendra) Office or RPO (Regional Post Office) closest to your area, with a suitable date and time slot to book your appointment.
As stated before, you only have a total of three chances for your passport appointment rescheduling. So you can book your appointment once and have two more chances to reschedule it. If you exceed this limit, your application will be cancelled and your previous fees will not be refunded. So make sure you schedule your appointments carefully.
How To Check For A Passport Appointment Availability In Your Nearest PSK Office Online
Most working professionals do not have enough free time on their schedules during weekdays. So it’s better to know what dates are available beforehand so people can choose the most convenient date and time slots for their passport appointment.
If you’re asking, “How do I reschedule my passport appointment if I don’t have the time?”. You can check for available appointment slots on the Passport Seva Kendra website using the “Appointment Availablity” resource.
This function allows you to see what appointment slots are available at different RPOs and passport offices so that you can book an appointment slot that fits your schedule. This can help prevent an appointment reschedule for your passport application.
Here’s a step-by-step on how to use this feature:
- Visit the Passport Seva official website.
- Click on the “Check Appointment Availability” button on the left side of the homepage.
- Choose your city from the list provided on the passport office tab.
- Type out the provided captcha correctly and click on the “Check Appointment Availability” displayed below.
- This will display a list of passport offices and RPOs in your city with their addresses and available appointment dates.
- You can choose the appropriate appointment slot that best suits you.
Note: Picking a date with more appointment slots increases the chances of your application process getting completed quickly.
Disclaimer / TnC
Your policy is subjected to terms and conditions & inclusions and exclusions mentioned in your policy wording. Please go through the documents carefully.