Universal Travel Pass Online
Universal Travel Pass Online
How to Generate Universal Travel Pass?
- Author :
- TATA AIG Team
- Published on :
The global pandemic has made lives tougher. But it also opened up a world full of opportunities. We can now work from home and do almost everything online. However, travelling is one thing that is still very dear to all of us. And if you are a travel lover or if you need to travel frequently for work, then you must be aware of a universal travel pass online.
The emergency lockdowns around the country and travel restrictions usually make it harder for people to travel without a worry. But, with the introduction of the vaccine, things have slowly started going back to normal. But, it has become essential to show your vaccine certificate everywhere to gain access to public transport and public spaces.
Therefore, the government introduced the universal travel pass that will help you travel across the country with ease. The travel pass is for fully vaccinated people and makes it easier for them to access transportation and public places that have mandated vaccinations with ease.
When you travel within the country, it is essential that you have the right travel insurance plan along with the vaccinations. A travel insurance plan will ensure that you can enjoy yout trip within the country without any hassles. It will also be helpful for you to financially secure yourself from trip-related exigencies like hospitalisation due to accident.
With Tata AIG, you can easily buy a domestic travel insurance plan online. In case an emergency arises, the travel insurance claim process is hassle-free and simple. So, compare travel insurance using our website and make the right choice for yourself and your family.
So, what is a universal travel pass, and how to get a universal pass? Well, let’s dive into the details below.
Everything About Universal Travel Passes
The universal travel pass was launched by the Government of Maharashtra and it is a QR code-based e-pass. This pass lets fully vaccinated people travel in public transport easily and get inside the public places like offices, malls, etc., without any trouble. This could also be termed as a universal Covid pass which basically lets vaccinated Indians move around easily.
The Maharashtra State Disaster Management Authority launched this pass in association with the Indian Railways. With the universal travel pass for vaccinated citizens, you will be permitted to travel in metros, monorails, and local trains in Mumbai easily. Even people staying outside of Maharashtra are eligible for a universal travel pass with a different travel category level. Also, it has now been adopted across the country by the Central Government which is a step in the right direction.
Why is a Universal Travel Pass Prudent?
If you are still not sure about the necessity of this pass, here are a few reasons why a universal Covid pass is advisable for you if you are a resident of Mumbai –
- Your UTP (Universal Travel Pass) will make you travel safely, as you would be allowed to travel only if you are fully vaccinated.
- There will be no fake ID holders, and hence, the chances of contracting the virus will be minimum.
- Taking the Covid-19 test repeatedly can heighten the possibility of attracting the virus. So, with a UTP, you can avoid this risk.
- If you are a UTP holder, interstate travel will get easier for you as you’ll be able to travel to other states safely.
- The online universal pass link will further eliminate the need for physical verification.
How to Get Universal Travel Pass?
If you wish to apply for a Universal pass covid for yourself, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps –
- Go to the official universal travel pass online portal assigned by your state government for the universal pass for COVID.
- For Maharashtra, the universal pass link is https://epassmsdma.mahait.org/login.htm.
- Click on "Register Your Establishment"
- Fill in all the necessary details along with the registration number, establishment category, type of establishment and a photo of the registration certificate, and so on.
- Accept all the conditions and click on the declaration
- Upon clicking on "Register" on your registered mobile number, you will receive a message stating the completion of your registration.
- You will receive the link to Universal Travel Pass download within 48 hours.
- Once your universal travel pass is downloaded, you can save the UTP on your mobile device.
Who Can Apply for a Universal Travel Pass?
Indian citizens who are fully vaccinated can apply for a universal travel pass. Moreover, only adults are eligible to apply for this pass, and children are exempted from the same. Also, business establishments and organisations that are involved in the medical, educational, or utility sector can apply for a universal Covid pass for their employees. You can apply for this pass only after 14 days of receiving the second dose of your vaccination. If you apply for the pass before completing 14 days, you will receive your pass when your 14-day period is over. Thus, you will finally get the universal travel pass for vaccinated citizens.
What Will Your Universal Travel Pass Consist Of?
A universal travel pass (UTP) will consist of the following details –
- Name of the pass-holder
- Gender of the UTP holder
- Age of the UTP holder
- Picture of the UTP holder
- Travel category level
- Applicant’s beneficiary ID
- QR code
- Date of the first and second dose of covid vaccination
The Universal Travel Pass has been introduced by the government of India to make travelling easier for every citizen amidst the Covid-19 pandemic scare. With a UTP in hand, you can easily travel in public transport and enter public places without a worry. So, it’s advisable to apply for this pass as soon as possible.
Moreover, a travel policy is also advisable for you if you are planning to travel abroad anytime soon. It will keep your finances safe and also, you will not have to worry about paying the huge hospitalisation bills in case you contract the virus. Also, you can compare travel insurance plans online before choosing one that’s most suitable for you.