Verify Vaccine Certificate before Europe Trip
- Author :
- TATA AIG Team
- Published on :
After two years of being locked in, travel enthusiasts are looking forward to venturing into the world again. However, the onset of the infamous pandemic led to several changes in travelling. And so, before rushing to pack your belongings, it is important to bear in mind that the pandemic has included a few additions to the regular travel checklist. In addition to important documents such as your passport, visa, and travel insurance, you will also need to ensure your CoWIN vaccine verification to avoid last-minute hassles.
Travelling in the New Normal
When the pandemic forced the world into a standstill, several measures were undertaken to curb its spread. These rules were particularly stringent when it came to international travel. The borders that had formerly been closed for international tourists gradually opened exclusively for vaccinated individuals.
For travel to Europe, individuals might need a booster shot until the pandemic loosens its grip. Contrarily, several countries in Europe will need individuals to verify vaccine certificates. This means that if the final dose of vaccination has been taken within a certain time frame, travellers need not take the booster shot.
Initially, experts in the travel industry stated that vaccines are only considered valid for 270 days. This meant that individuals who crossed this time frame after their final jab might not be permitted entry into certain European countries. Therefore, to prevent unpleasant surprises, travellers will have to complete their COVID certificate verification.
Important Details of the Vaccine Certificate
Some basic information about the vaccine certificate can help you navigate through the travel rules and regulations. Here are some highlights of the vaccination certificate that travellers should make a note of:
- Country: India
- Vaccine: Covishield
- Verification mode of the vaccination certificate: Online
- Certificate for: COVID-19
- Type of Certificate: Digital
- Official website to verify CoWIN certificate: https://verify.cowin.gov.in/
- The official website for COVID-19 vaccination registration: https://www.cowin.gov.in/
- CoWIN certificate verification for doses: CoWIN certificate verification for doses 1 and 2
Before you plan your journey to Europe, you must keep all the necessary travel documents, such as your international travel insurance, ready and verify the CoWIN certificate for a seamless travelling experience.
If you don’t possess a copy of your COVID-19 vaccination certificate, you can download it easily from the official website provided above. If you are in possession of your certificate, you will need to complete your CoWIN vaccine verification. Travellers must note that verification of the vaccination certificate is impossible without the completion of the vaccination process and getting hold of the final certificate.
How to Verify a Vaccination Certificate?
For CoWIN certificate verification, it is important to keep a hard copy of your vaccination certificate handy. This is because the certificate possesses the QR code to validate the authenticity of the certificate of COVID-19 vaccination shot. Therefore, unless you have a physical copy of the certificate, this COVID certificate verification cannot be completed. The steps to verify vaccine certificates are simple:
- To verify your vaccination certificate, you need to first visit the official vaccination website. Alternatively, you can also download the CoWIN app on your phone to conveniently verify your certificate.
- Click on the “menu” icon on the left-hand corner of the home page, and from the drop-down, select the option that reads “Verify Vaccination Certificate”
- You will be redirected to the verification page with an option displaying “Scan QR Code.” Click on this option.
- On the new re-directed page, you will be expected to scan the QR code that is present on your vaccination certificate by placing the code appropriately in front of the camera
- Once the camera reads your QR code, it will automatically initiate and complete your certificate verification process
To directly verify a vaccination certificate, you can even visit the official vaccination verification website. The verification procedure through this website is simple and hassle-free and can be completed in a few minutes. Therefore, for those who are seeking to undertake a journey abroad, you can get your certificate checked quickly and conveniently.
Individuals who are planning to travel overseas can download their international vaccination certificate by visiting the CoWIN website or through the app. This feature accommodates the changing WHO guidelines.
Formerly, the vaccination certificates would only comprise basic details such as the age of the beneficiary. The newer ones, however, are more detailed. The CoWIN app even enables travellers to link their passport number to their vaccination certificate. With this move, international travel is eased under the “new normal.”
How to Add the Passport Number to the Vaccination Certificate?
The process of linking your vaccine certificate to your passport number is simple:
- Step-1: Log in to the CoWIN website and enter the required details
- Step-2: Click on the option that reads ‘raise an issue’
- Step-3: Select the passport option and from the drop-down menu, opt for the designated individual
- Step-4: Finally, enter your passport number and hit submit
If there is any discrepancy between the vaccination certificate and the name on the passport, the traveller can request a correction of the same. This correction can only be done once, and so it is important to be mindful of the revision before submitting it.
To curb the spread of the pandemic, several rules and regulations were introduced. However, as travelling eased and regulations relaxed, it was important to ensure the safety of one’s health. In addition to being vaccinated, travellers overseas need to invest in comprehensive international travel insurance.
The travel insurance plan provides coverage against all unpleasant scenarios. And to assist travellers in every journey they take, Tata AIG offers travel insurance claim through 24x7 support.
You will get assistance right from the loss of your passport and baggage to getting coverage of your medical expenses in the event of an accident and hospitalisation. Your travel insurance plan acts as your best friend in any unfortunate circumstance. When you are overseas, your international travel insurance ensures a safe and happy journey.