5 Advantages of Roadside Assistance Cover for Two-Wheeler Insurance
- Author :
- TATA AIG Team
- Published on :
Straddling atop a bike for that long-awaited road trip is an unparalleled experience. However, if you think that basic bike insurance is protection enough, think again. When planning long-distance journeys, regular insurance for the bike will not be of much help if you get a flat tyre, or worse yet, your bike breaks down in the middle of nowhere.
On such occasions, the Roadside Assistance insurance rider gives wings to your adventurous spirit. With a Roadside Assistance Cover, you can get professional help to fix your bike so that you are not stranded alone on unknown roads.
What is Roadside Assistance Cover?
To help you save on time and ensure a contactless transaction, you can even purchase insurance for the bike online and opt for a Roadside Assistance add-on with it.
A Roadside Assistance Cover acts as a reliable companion when you step put to explore the outdoors. However, if your bike experiences a malfunction, finding professional help can be challenging without insurance for the 2-wheeler and the Roadside Assistance Cover.
With a Roadside Assistance Cover, the insurance company provides towing, on-the-spot repairs, an alternate mode of transport, emergency accommodation, along with key replacement in case you are stranded in the middle of the road. This facility is available even when your car meets with an accident and has to be towed away to the nearest service centre or network garage for repairs.
Therefore, aside from bike insurance, having a Roadside Assistance Cover can be greatly beneficial, especially if you are a frequent traveller. Moreover, insurance purchases have been made easy with the availability of insurance for bike online.
As an insurance seeker, you can check online to see how your bike insurance compares against other policies.
Five Benefits of Roadside Assistance Add-on
To be unstoppable during your travels and not be bogged down because of minor hiccups, a Roadside Assistance Cover can act as the perfect ally. Here are some unique benefits that come with insurance for bike enhanced with
Roadside Assistance Cover:
● On-the-spot Repairs: If your journey has paused owing to a minor malfunction, a Roadside Assistance Cover can get you up and running in no time.
● Drained Battery: If you are travelling during the rainy season, the chances of your bike’s battery giving in are high. In such a scenario, you can simply wait under a shed and call your insurance company, who will then send over a professional to revive your bike’s battery.
● Empty Fuel Tank: It could be that you are so mesmerised by the roads and have forgotten to refuel. Instead of having to push your bike to the next petrol station, you can call your insurance company and take temporary rest while they send someone to help you refuel on the spot. Additional fuel charges may apply here above a certain threshold.
● Flat Tyre: A flat tyre would mean that you have to stop instantly as bikes cannot go any further with a flat tyre. Here, the Roadside Assistance Cover can be helpful as your insurance provider can send a bike professional who will seal the puncture to help you get on with your journey.
● Accident Services: In the unfortunate event that you encounter an accident while travelling, you can call your insurance provider to get your bike towed to the nearest garage. They may also help you book a cab.
*● Key Replacement: *If you get locked out of the car or lose a key during your travels, the motor insurance company will arrange for a replacement key for you.
● Alternate transport: If, due to the damages and the necessary repairs, your car is unavailable for a few days, you can get an alternate car to help you travel till your car is in the garage.
● Emergency transport: Roadside Assistance also includes the provision of emergency transportation, such as a cab, if your car is towed away and you need to reach home or the nearest city. Additional charges might be applicable here based on the distance travelled.
● Emergency accommodation: If your car is towed away or needs more than one day for repairs, and if you are away from your home city, then the insurance company will arrange for an emergency stay for you. Be aware of any charges that might be applicable here.
A Roadside Assistance Cover along with your insurance for 2-wheeler can be highly beneficial, especially in times of trial. As you can not predict what will happen when you journey to unknown places, having bike insurance along with a Roadside Assistance Cover can ease your worries.
Who should opt for a Roadside Assistance Cover?
Roadside Assistance is the perfect add-on if:
✔ You travel frequently, especially outside the city. ✔ You go on long rides across unknown terrains in your car. ✔ You are not very adept at tackling the car’s mechanical failures, electrical issues or flat tyres.
If you are pressed for time, you can check online to see how does your bike insurance compare against other policies. If you already have a policy that is close to expiry, you can even get your 2-wheeler insurance renewed online.
Roadside Assistance Feature with Tata AIG Bike Insurance
Tata AIG two-wheeler insurance is a hassle-free insurance policy that comes with the provision of customisation through the choice of seven unique riders. The Roadside Assistance add-on with Tata AIG two-wheeler insurance enables happy journeys. We understand the importance of a relaxing vacation, and if your travel is hindered owing to some malfunction, be it a flat tyre or a dead battery that is causing a delay in your scheduled trip, we will provide Roadside Assistance, so you don’t have to figure out what’s wrong with your car by yourself.
Tata AIG two-wheeler insurance also offers on-the-spot repairs, depending on the kind of damage, to help you get back on track as quickly as we can. You can get your Roadside Assistance Cover along with your insurance for bike online by visiting the Tata AIG website.
With a Roadside Assistance add-on, you can secure your every long ride outside of the hustle and bustle of the city. It will encourage you to set your adventurous spirit loose and let us worry about the safety of your bike when you are on the roads.
To help you quickly understand the Roadside Assistance rider, we have compiled some commonly asked questions:
What is Roadside Assistance in bike insurance?
Roadside Assistance is an add-on feature that would strengthen your comprehensive bike insurance policy. If your bike faces a malfunction while travelling, Roadside Assistance Cover will provide you with professional assistance, so you are not stranded helplessly.
** Is it worth getting breakdown assistance cover with insurance? **
Roadside Assistance Cover is particularly helpful if you have to travel frequently, whether it is for business or fun. To avoid your trip from getting delayed owing to a bike or car malfunction, a Roadside Assistance Cover can be particularly beneficial.
What are the benefits of Roadside Assistance Cover?
Some benefits of Roadside Assistance Cover include:
● On-the-spot repairs for minor hiccups ● Replacement of drained batteries ● Refuelling ● Fixing a flat tyre and ● Additional accidental services
Will my insurance go up if I use Roadside Assistance Cover?
As Roadside Assistance is an additional rider over your basic insurance policy, your premium amount will be slightly higher. However, utilising the features of the Roadside Assistance will not increase your premium on the subsequent renewals.
Disclaimer / TnC
Your policy is subjected to terms and conditions & inclusions and exclusions mentioned in your policy wording. Please go through the documents carefully.