How to Check Bike Insurance Expiry Date Online?
- Author :
- TATA AIG Team
- Published on :
Two-wheelers are counted amongst the most common and beneficial means of personal transport in India. Their affordability and ability to traverse different kinds of roads make them easy to use and park alike. However, two-wheelers are as susceptible to accidents and myriad other adverse events, for instance, theft.
Therefore, it is important to ensure the safety of your vehicle. The easiest way to do so is by opting for adequate insurance for your 2 wheeler. A suitable bike insurance policy can provide sufficient coverage for your bike against various damages. Although it is legally mandatory to have at least third party insurance for your 2 wheeler, it is more prudent to opt for a comprehensive bike insurance policy.
We at Tata AIG offer an excellent selection of two-wheeler insurance policies, which include a Comprehensive Bike Insurance Policy, a Standalone Own Damage Bike Insurance Policy, and a Standalone Third-party Bike Insurance Policy. In addition, you can compare two wheeler insurance plans on the official website and get an instant quote for the premium of your bike insurance policy.
As important as it is to purchase adequate insurance for your 2 wheeler for the first time after buying the vehicle, it is equally important to keep renewing your bike insurance policy on a timely basis. This can be done by keeping a record of the expiration date of your bike insurance policy. If, however, you end up forgetting your bike insurance validity, you can easily check it online and ensure the timely renewal of the policy.
Here is How You Can Check Bike Insurance Expiry Date Online
If you are wondering how to check bike insurance expiry date online, there are several ways to find this information. Here are three of the easiest ways to check your bike insurance status online.
1. Through the website of your bike insurance provider: You can check your bike insurance validity by visiting the official website of your two-wheeler insurance partner. This is arguably the easiest and quickest method to check whether your bike insurance policy is active and when it is going to reach the end of its validity period. If you have a bike insurance policy with Tata AIG, you can check your bike insurance status by following the steps mentioned below.
- Visit the official website of Tata AIG.
- Go to the bike insurance page.
- Enter your bike's Vehicle Registration Number in the information box titled 'Your Bike Registration Number'.
- Click on 'Renew Existing Tata AIG Policy'.
- The details of your ongoing bike insurance policy shall be fetched from our database, which will comprise the expiration date of the policy.
- You can note the date above and renew the policy on time.
2. Through the official website of VAHAN: You can also check your bike insurance status by visiting the official website of VAHAN. This is the national registry for vehicles and contains the records of all the vehicles registered in the country, along with their insurance policy details. If you wish to check your bike insurance validity on the VAHAN portal, you must carry out the following steps.
- Visit the official website of VAHAN.
- Create a user account on VAHAN or log in to your already existing account on the portal.
- Once you have logged in to your account on VAHAN, you must click on the option labelled 'Know Your Vehicle Details'.
- Proceed with entering your bike's Vehicle Registration Number.
- All the important information about your bike, including the particulars of your bike insurance policy, shall be displayed on the screen.
The VAHAN portal can only be used to check the bike insurance validity of a bike that is registered in your name. Therefore, you cannot check the bike insurance details of another bike. This feature has been incorporated to ensure the safety of all bike and user records available on the portal.
3. Through the official website of the Insurance Information Bureau: Another way of checking your bike insurance validity is visiting the official website of the Insurance Information Bureau or the IIB. The IIB is a comprehensive database for insurance in India and is operated by the Insurance Regulatory Development Authority of India (IRDAI). You can follow the below steps to check your bike insurance status on the official website of the Insurance Information Bureau.
- Visit the official website of the IIB.
- Click on the option titled V Seva.
- Fill out the Accident Vehicle Information Retrieval Form.
- The IIB database shall fetch and display your bike insurance policy details.
In the Accident Vehicle Information Retrieval Form, you need to enter some important personal information such as your name, email address, mobile number, address, Vehicle Registration Number, and the date of the accident(if needed).
To Sum It Up
There are various ways to check your bike insurance status online. You can visit the official website of your bike insurance provider and enter your vehicle registration number to check your bike insurance policy details. Alternatively, you can go to the online national vehicle registry of VAHAN and check your bike insurance validity. However, this service is only available for the bikes registered in your name.
Another way of checking the expiration date of your bike insurance policy is by visiting the official website of the Insurance Information Bureau. Irrespective of which official portal you choose to check your bike insurance validity, you must keep your Vehicle Registration Number handy to retrieve the necessary policy details. It is not enough to merely ascertain the date on which the insurance for your 2 wheeler ends. You must also ensure that you pencil this date in your calendar, physical or digital, and set a reminder for the timely renewal of your bike insurance policy. Having an active bike insurance policy is not only critical from a legal compliance point of view but is also essential to the safe ownership of your bike.