RWBCIS Maharashtra – 2018
Tata AIG General Insurance Company Limited is working under the RWBCIS scheme in Akola, Bid, Buldana, Jalna, Nagpur, Palghar, Pune, Sangli, Satara, Solapur, and Wardha districts in the state of Maharashtra. Under the scheme RWBCIS, all farmers including sharecroppers and tenant farmers growing the notified crops in the notified areas are eligible for coverage. It aims to mitigate the hardship of the insured farmers against the likelihood of financial loss on account of anticipated crop loss resulting from adverse weather conditions relating to rainfall, temperature, wind, humidity etc. The scheme is implemented in Maharashtra in association with Maharashtra State Government. A minimum subsidised premium (2% for Food Crops, Cereals, Pulses and Oilseeds and maximum of 5 % (or rate quoted by Insurance company whichever is less) for Commercial/ Horticultural crops) is charged from farmers and the remaining share is equally borne by state and central governments. The scheme is implemented on “Weather-index basis”. For Maharashtra the Insurance unit is considered as Revenue Circle for major crops and minor crops.
The following are the crops notified in respective districts of Maharashtra for Kharif Season;
- Akola:- Orange.
- Bid:- Orange, Pomegranate, Mosambi, Sapota
- Buldana:- Orange, Pomegranate, Mosambi, Guava
- Jalna:- Mosambi, Pomegranate, Guava, Mosambi (sweet lime).
- Nagpur:- Orange, Mosambi
- Palghar:- Sapota
- Pune:- Pomegranate, Guava, Sapota.
- Sangli:- Pomegranate, Guava.
- Satara:- Pomegranate
- Solapur:- Pomegranate
- Wardha:- Mosambi, Orange
- Uttar Pradesh - UP.Cropclaimintimation@tataaig.com
- Telangana - Telangana.CropclaimIntimation@tataaig.com
- Rajasthan - Rajasthan.CropclaimIntimation@tataaig.com
- PAN India - CropClaimIntimation@tataaig.com