Health Insurance For Children
Children Health Insurance
Are you looking for a health insurance plan for your children at a feasible price? Then, you have come to the right place. At Tata AIG, we offer an excellent and diverse range of medical insurance policies, including health insurance with cancer cover. You can buy health insurance for children in a few easy steps on our website.
Buy A Child Health Insurance Policy and Secure Your Child's Future!
Buy a child health insurance policy with our MediCare line of health insurance plans and get medical insurance for your children to be assured of the availability of sufficient funds for a wide variety of healthcare expenses.
This cover offers financial protection against your child having a minor illness or contracting any disease or infection. The coverage of your child insurance policy shall depend on the sum assured you choose and the premium amount you pay for the plan.
Tata AIG Complete Health Insurance For Your Kids
At Tata AIG, we offer some of the best health insurance plans in India. Check out our MediCare line of health insurance plans now and get medical insurance for your family.
Get an instant quote for Tata AIG's health insurance for kids plan now.
Key Highlights of Tata AIG's Child Health Insurance Plan
Tata AIG's MediCare line of Health Insurance Plans for children comprises several key benefits, highlighted by the following.
- The security of a TATA promise
- Health insurance for kids, starting at ₹15 per day*
- 94.43 per cent Medical Insurance Claim Settlement Ratio for the financial year 2020-2021
- Cashless Insurance at 7,200+ Network Hospitals
- 4.5/5 Customer Ratings
- Coverage for Pre-hospitalisation, Hospitalisation, and Post-Hospitalisation Expenses
- Coverage for Covid-19
- Tax Benefits under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961
- Quick and user-friendly purchase and renewal of health insurance plans
Children Health Insurance
Being blessed with a child is one of the greatest gifts in life. However, children are very vulnerable to a host of infections and diseases, some of which are specific to newborns and toddlers. This is why buying health insurance for children is a prudent life decision.
If your child happens to need medical treatment and/or hospitalisation, you should not have to struggle for the required funds. And a health insurance plan for children has been designed for this exact scenario. By opting for such a plan, you can be financially secured against a variety of potential medical issues that may engulf your child, including vaccination, infections, and diseases.
What is A Child Health Insurance Plan?
A Child Health Insurance Plan is a health insurance plan that can provide your child with a high degree of financial protection against several health-related issues. You can buy a Family Floater Health Insurance Plan and include your kids in the coverage of your health insurance policy.
Having health insurance for children is extremely important, particularly in present times where a wide range of ailments and lifestyle disorders are prevalent. Imagine a situation wherein your infant needs surgery or has a medical condition that requires consistent medical assistance. A children's medical insurance plan can be of great use in such a situation.
At Tata AIG, you can include your children in your health insurance plan. You can opt for our Family Floater Health Insurance Plan and include your spouse, parents, and dependent children under the ambit of the plan. By doing so, you can ensure the medical insurance of your entire family without having to purchase multiple plans.
Our health insurance plans cover hospitalisation expenses, pre-hospitalisation expenses, post-hospitalisation expenses, ambulance expenses, medical check-ups, daycare procedures, etc. You can have health insurance for your kids, parents, spouse, and yourself in the same plan and enjoy discounts on the premium of the plan by adding a higher number of people to its coverage.
Check out our MediCare line of Family Floater Health Insurance Plans now and get insurance for your kids. By opting for a child health policy, you can be better prepared to handle any medical expenses associated with your children.
Why Should You Buy Children's Health Insurance?
If you are wondering why you should buy health insurance for children, the following reasons may help address your queries and doubts:
1.Low Immunity of Children: Since young children, particularly newborn and prematurely born children, have lower immunity than adults, they are vulnerable to a wide gamut of infections and diseases, ranging from the minor to the major. The high risk to children's health should be reason enough for you to buy a child insurance policy.
2.Medical Inflation On The Rise: The cost of medical treatment is rising at a far greater pace than the cost of retail products. As a result, even a routine medical check-up can leave your pockets considerably lighter. Therefore, it is prudent to opt for a health insurance policy for your child.
3.Increase in Health-related Threats: The recent global Covid-19 pandemic has made the whole world a battleground against viral infection, and children have been affected by the virus as much as adults have. Since most countries are still in the development or approval stage for the launch of a coronavirus vaccine for children, it is advisable to buy a children's health insurance plan at the earliest.
4.Low Premium: The premium for health insurance for children is usually quite low, which means that you can have financial safety for your kids' health at an affordable price. If you are looking for the best insurance policy for your child, your search stops at Tata AIG. We offer some of the best children's insurance plans in India - plans that you can buy at pocket-friendly prices.
5.Safety of Your Savings: If you do not have a children's insurance plan in India, you may have to delve into your savings to bear the expenses of your children's medical treatment. This could affect your financial plans for yourself, your children, and your entire household and set you back in the pursuit of your financial goals. By buying health insurance for children, you can be secure about your children's health-related expenses whilst also protecting your savings.
Benefits Of Buying Tata AIG's Children's Health Insurance Plan
There are many benefits of choosing Tata AIG as your partner in health insurance for your children. Here is why you should opt for a Tata AIG Children's Medical Insurance Plan.
1. You Get Extensive Coverage: With the Tata AIG Family Floater Health Insurance Plan, you can get extensive medical insurance coverage for your family under the umbrella of one plan. This plan offers you several covers, including a cover for hospitalisation expenses, pre-hospitalisation expenses, post-hospitalisation expenses, AYUSH Treatment, Daycare Procedures, Ambulance Expenses, Covid-19, etc.
2. You Get the Security of a TATA promise: By choosing our medical insurance for children, you get the security of a TATA promise, which is one of the most trusted brand promises in India. Over the past two decades, Tata AIG has been delivering high-quality services to customers, and you can be a part of our family as well.
3. You Get Access to Cashless Insurance: With our network of 7,200 hospitals across the country, you can avail of the service of cashless insurance. This can make the process of medical treatment and/or hospitalisation slightly easier to handle for you.
4. You Can Benefit from a High Claim Settlement Ratio: Our high claim settlement ratio is one of the main reasons why you should choose us to buy health insurance for your children. During the financial year 2020-2021, we recorded a health insurance claim settlement ratio of 94.43 per cent, which means that you can trust us with a seamless and swift claim settlement process.
5.You Can Get Substantial Discounts: If you include a high number of family members in your Tata AIG Family Floater Health Insurance Plan, you can benefit from substantial discounts. You can get a 20 per cent discount on your health insurance premium if you include two family members in your health insurance plan. This discount increases to 28 per cent for three family members and 32 per cent for more than three family members.
Inclusions In Tata AIG's Children's Health Insurance Plan
You must carefully read your health insurance policy document to understand what is included in the plan and what is excluded from it.
Here is a list of some of the major inclusions in a Tata AIG MediCare line of health insurance plans for children:
1.Hospitalisation Cover: Your Tata AIG Children's Health Insurance Plan includes a cover for hospitalisation expenses. This means that if your child gets hospitalised, the expenses will be borne by us. Therefore, opting for this plan enables you to have some peace of mind about your child's potential medical expenses.
2.Cover For Daycare Procedures: With our Children's Medical Insurance Plan, you also get coverage for the cost of Daycare Procedures. These are procedures that require your child to be in the hospital for a period not exceeding 24 hours. Our medical insurance plans include coverage for more than 540 daycare procedures.
3.Maternity Cover: You get a maternity cover with your Tata AIG health insurance plan. Under this cover, you can get reimbursement up to ₹50,000 for maternity expenses. This reimbursement limit increases to ₹60,000 if you have a baby girl. It is important to note, though, that this cover gets activated four years after the commencement of your medical insurance plan.
4.Ambulance Cover: Our child health policy comprises an ambulance cover, which means that the cost of ambulance expenses can be reimbursed to you.
5.COVID-19 Cover: In light of the pandemic that has laid siege on the world for the past two years, we have added a COVID-19 cover to our health insurance plans.
6.AYUSH Cover: With the Tata AIG Children's Health Insurance Plan, you get a cover for the expenses incurred in AYUSH Treatments. Therefore, should you get any treatment under the Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, or Homeopathy line of treatment, you can get avail of either cashless insurance or seek reimbursements for the associated expenses.
7.No Room Rent: By choosing our health insurance plan for children, you can remove the upper limit on the rent of your hospital room. You just need to ensure that this upper limit falls within the ambit of the sum insured under your health insurance plan.
Exclusions In Tata AIG's Children's Health Insurance Plan
It is important to have clarity on the exclusions from your health insurance plan. Here is what is not covered in Tata AIG's Health Insurance Plan For Children:
*1.Medical Exclusions *
The medical exclusions in a Tata AIG medical insurance for children plan are:
- Plastic surgery or cosmetic surgery unless advised by the attending Medical Practitioner for the treatment of accidental injuries, cancer, or burns
- Rehabilitation procedures, private nursing care, sanitorium treatment, or custodial care
- Preventive care, for instance, vaccinations, inoculation, and immunisation unless when required for post-bite treatments and if specifically included in the policy wordings
- Hospitalisation primarily for enteral feedings or the receipt of electrolyte supplements unless when directed by the attending Medical Practitioner as a part of a treatment covered under your health insurance plan
- Experimental and Unapproved Treatments such as Rotational Field Quantum Magnetic Resonance and Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
*2.Non-Medical Exclusions *
The Tata AIG health insurance for children has the following non-medical exclusions:
- The expenses for diagnostic studies, for instance, X-ray and laboratory tests, at a hospital unless when associated with the diagnosis of a specific illness that requires hospitalisation
- Items of personal comfort and convenience needed at a hospital such as the Internet, television, and telephone, unless when provided free of any charges
- The expenses for the cosmetics, bath additives, body-care products, etc. used during your stay in a hospital
- The cost of the medical treatment received from a Medical Practitioner that is outside the scope of their discipline
- The fees paid to a doctor living in the same house as you or related to you
Choosing The Right Health Insurance Policy for Your Child
Just as it is important to choose the right health insurance policy for yourself, it is equally pivotal to choose an optimal child health insurance plan. Here are some factors you must consider whilst selecting a child health policy.
1.Coverage: The most important aspect of any health insurance plan is its coverage. Whilst assessing and comparing various children's insurance plans in India, you must ensure that you pay due attention to the coverage of the plan.
2.Option to Enhance The Coverage: One of the markers of an excellent health insurance policy is the flexibility to enhance the coverage. If at a later stage in life, you wish to increase the sum insured under your health insurance plan and/or add any additional covers to it, it provides you with a better sense of control over your health insurance choices.
3.Inclusions and Exclusions: Before buying health insurance for children, you must study the finalised policy wordings in a thorough manner. It is important to check whether your children are eligible to be covered under the selected policy and what covers are available for them. Similarly, it is also critical to peruse the exclusions from a child health policy.
4.Renewability: It is always advisable to opt for a health insurance policy that has lifetime renewability so as to be able to prevent the hassle of buying a new policy after a certain age. Such a clause would affect your children's health insurance if they are covered under the same plan as you, and the said plan has a limit on the age of renewability.
5.Waiting Period for Various Covers: Health Insurance Plans have several types of waiting periods for different covers to get activated. Therefore, you must check these waiting periods and see if the selected policy is in line with your health insurance requirements.
How to Buy The Best Child Health Insurance Plan?
If you are looking to buy the best insurance policy for your child, you must look for a plan that has the following features.
1. Adequate Sum Insured: It is important to have an adequate sum insured in your child health insurance plan. An optimal sum insured can enable you to bear a wide gamut of medical expenses that may be incurred for the treatment of your children. If your child health insurance policy does not have an adequate sum insured, it may not suffice to support you when required, which will defeat the point of buying one in the first place.
2. Wide Coverage: You must ensure that the health insurance plan for children selected by you covers an extensive range of medical conditions, including critical illnesses such as cancer. Your child health policy should be able to offer you financial protection in the event of your child getting hospitalised, contracting a disease or an infection, or meeting with an accident, to name a few potential health-related situations.
3. Cover for Newborns: You must check whether the child health policy you are considering has a cover for newborn children. Under Tata AIG's health insurance plans, you can include dependent children between the ages of three months and 25 years under the ambit of the coverage.
4. Wide Network of Hospitals: It is advisable to opt for a child health policy from an insurer that has a wide network of partner hospitals across the nation. This feature can allow you to avail of cashless health insurance for your child at a network hospital near you and spare you the worries of the resultant bills as long as said bills are within the limit of the sum insured under the plan.
5. Affordable Premium: You must select a health insurance plan for your child that offers high coverage at a feasible premium so that you do not end up paying a high sum towards the plan. At Tata AIG, we offer comprehensive health insurance plans starting at ₹15 per day. You can use our online health insurance premium calculator to compute the premium of your child health policy and determine whether it is feasible for you.
Other Health Pages
Frequently Asked Question
Can I Get Health Insurance For My Child?
Yes, you can get health insurance for your child. You can include your child under the coverage of your Tata AIG Family Floater Health Insurance Plan and secure an extensive health insurance cover for them.
Who is Eligible For a Children's Health Insurance Plan?
Under a Tata AIG Family Floater Health Insurance Plan, you can include your dependent children who are older than 3 months and younger than 25 years in the coverage.
What Is The Right Time to Buy Health Insurance for My Child?
The right time to buy health insurance for your child is right after their birth. This can allow you to be prepared for a wide range of medical conditions that your child may end up facing. With the Tata AIG health insurance plan, you can bring children over the age of 3 months under the umbrella of coverage.
Why Should I Buy Health Insurance for My Child?
Young children have very low immunity and are vulnerable to several infections and ailments, not to mention accidents. Therefore, it is advisable to buy a suitable Children's Health Insurance Plan and ensure your financial security in the wake of any medical emergencies concerning your child.
What Is Covered Under Health Insurance For Children?
The Tata AIG Child Health Policy covers hospitalisation expenses, pre-hospitalisation expenses, post-hospitalisation expenses, ambulance expenses, the cost of AYUSH Treatments, the expenses for Daycare Procedures, etc.
Is AYUSH Treatment Covered Under the Tata AIG Health Insurance Plan for Children?
Yes, the Tata AIG Health Insurance Plan for Children comprises a cover for AYUSH Treatments, that is, treatment under the medical systems of Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy.
Can You Claim The Expenses for Daycare Procedures under your Tata AIG Child Health Policy?
Yes, you can claim the cost of more than 540 daycare procedures under your Tata AIG Child Health Policy. These are medical procedures that require you to be hospitalised for less than 24 hours.
What is The Waiting Period for a Children's Health Insurance Plan?
As is the case with all health insurance plans, a children's health insurance plan has certain waiting periods, including an initial waiting period of 15 to 90 days, during which you can only file accidental claims. This waiting period also applies to newborn children
What is the Frequency of the Tata AIG Child Health Policy Premium Payment?
You can pay the premium for your Tata AIG Child Health Policy on one of the following frequencies.
● Monthly ● Quarterly ● Half-yearly ● Annually
Is Health Insurance for Children Costly?
No, health insurance for children is not costly. You can get Tata AIG's health insurance plans for children, starting at just ₹15 per day.
Does the Premium of the Tata AIG Health Insurance For Children Plan vary Depending on the Geographical Location of the Policyholder?
No, the premium of Tata AIG's Health Insurance Plan for Children does not vary based on the geographical location of the policyholder.
Can You Get Any Tax Benefits for The Premium Paid Towards Your Tata AIG Health Insurance Plan For Children?
Yes, you can get a tax benefit to the tune of ₹25,000 for the health insurance premiums paid for yourself, your children, and your spouse. If you are above the age of 60 years, this deduction, available under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961, can be increased to ₹50,000.
Can I Avail Of Cashless Insurance for Tata AIG's Child Health Insurance Policy?
Yes, you can avail of cashless insurance for Tata AIG's Child Health Insurance Policy. By choosing to get medical treatment for your child at one of our 7,200 plus network hospitals, you can benefit from cashless insurance. All you have to do is file a cashless claim with us, and we shall pay your child's medical bills to the partner hospital.
Can I Get Any Support From the Tata AIG Team While Filing A Claim for My Child Health Insurance Plan?
Yes, you can reach out to our support team at any stage of the claims process. Available round the clock, our team of more than 650 claims experts is With You Always! To contact us, use one of the following means.
- Phone: 1800-266-7780
- WhatsApp: +91-9136160375
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How Do I Benefit From Filing An Online Claim for My Child Health Policy?
You can save time and effort by choosing to file an online claim for your child health policy. The process is easy, swift, and transparent and enables you to file and track claims from the comfort of your home.