Giving birth to a child is perhaps the most valuable event a woman can have as she sails through a sea of new experiences and emotions. While the joy of bearing a kid cannot be replaced by anything in the world, the financial aspects incurred throughout the pre and post-natal period might become a hurdle in this magnificent journey.
The basic cost of delivering a baby in India is somewhat between ₹45,000 to ₹75,000, while the cost of caesarean births has grown to ₹2 lakhs in most Indian metro cities. As a result, maternity health insurance is an excellent way to make sure that there are no bumps in the nine-month lovely trip.
Maternity cover is one of the most underrated types of health insurance that most people overlook, yet it may truly assist to-be parents in managing a large portion of their expenditures during the trip. A maternity insurance policy covers all costs related to delivery for a set period of time.
What Is a Maternity Insurance Cover?
Well, maternity insurance or pregnancy insurance is basically an add-on cover that may be added to a Family or Individual health insurance policy to cover every maternity-related expenditure.
Any individual with an existing health insurance policy can incorporate this benefit for their wives or themselves so that when the time comes, all the pregnancy-related costs will be taken care of by their health insurance provider.
Furthermore, the maternity insurance coverage pays for expenditures incurred as a result of fertility concerns and the newborn baby's hospitalisation charges owing to any medical complications, as well as immunisation charges, for a period of a maximum of 90 days from the delivery date.
No matter if it is your first or second time around, preparation for the next major event in life, the commencement of motherhood and a new kid underway, may be one of the most gorgeous yet trying times of our lives. Nervousness and excitement. Restlessness and uncertainty. Gratification and Anxiety.
Whether you want to begin a family anytime soon or give your existing kid a sibling to bond with, the period of pregnancy, childbirth, and all that comes with it may be stressful, and this is where Tata AIG is here to assist you in getting through it.
At Tata AIG, we put forward a range of health insurance plans with maternity benefits to keep you financially protected and stress-free when it comes to bringing your child to this world. Since milestones like this do not take place every other day, it is recommended to obtain Tata AIG health insurance with maternity cover and plan for the unforeseen as well as the scheduled. Contact us to take this alliance forward. We are ever-ready to assist you.
Maternity Insurance: Why Do You Need It?
As a prospective parent, you must budget for the added costs associated with pregnancy and childbirth. The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India's Circular on Standardized Definitions, issued in 2013, defines maternity insurance as a financial backstop to cover any hospitalisation and medical treatment expenditures. Medical bills are rising on a daily basis.
As a result, you should plan your funds ahead of time so that when the time comes, you can deal with any expected and unforeseen expenditures. By supplementing your current health insurance plan with maternity coverage, you will be able to:
- Protect yourself as well as your family against rising healthcare bills. Having such a cover alongside your health insurance plan protects your cash and allows you to avoid depleting funds set aside for other causes.
- Protect your maternity-related hospitalisation costs. Maternity mediclaim provides coverage for a maximum of 30 days before the birth of a child and up to 60 days after the birth of a child.
- Protection against pre and post-natal expenditures. Maternity mediclaim insurance covers every medical expense related to normal and Caesarean deliveries, as well as post-delivery issues for the mother.
- Newborn Coverage. Maternity insurance extends protection to newborn kids (right from Day 1 to Day 90) in the event they're diagnosed with a congenital or life-threatening ailment.
- Tax Benefits. Pregnancy insurance policies provide comprehensive tax benefits under the 1961 Income Tax Act (under Section 80D). These tax breaks apply to the premium paid for the plan.
Maternity Cover: Who Should Opt for It?
Maternity cover should be obtained by the following set of couples:
- Newly Married Couples: Well, couples who've just married and hope to have a kid in a few years may consider purchasing maternity insurance to fulfil the waiting period in medical insurance shortly.
- Couples Planning for Kids: People who've finally reached the point in their marriage when they would like to consider having a kid.
- Couples Planning a Second Kid: Couples who already bear a child and wish to get insurance before having another.
- Couples Who Wish to Have Kids in the Future: Couples who do not intend to conceive any time soon but would like to obtain pregnancy cover for the future.
Health Insurance with Maternity Cover: When Should You Purchase It?
With pregnancy insurance, you may be confident that a lack of funds will not detract from your enjoyment of being a parent. These policies often have a three to four-year waiting period. As a result, you have plenty of time to think about establishing a family. Simply put, instead of waiting until you're pregnant, it is critical that you get health insurance with maternity coverage as soon as possible.
Ideally, you must get a maternity insurance policy prior to conceiving because certain insurance providers might consider the pregnancy to be pre-existing and refuse to pay the claim.
Simultaneously, you must choose the greatest maternity insurance available that you can get at Tata AIG. You can take the help of our online health insurance premium calculator to look for the rates of our different plans and select the one that meets your requirements and budget at the lowest possible premium amount.
Eligibility Criteria Associated with Maternity Insurance
In the midst of all the happiness and joy that comes with pregnancy and motherhood, there's always the threat of hefty medical bills. Pregnant ladies require round-the-clock medical care and attention, ranging from routine tests to hospital bills.
The qualifying conditions for purchasing maternity insurance vary per insurance provider. The minimum age to purchase maternity cover is 18 years and the maximum age, on the other hand, is 45 years. Furthermore, maternity cover has a waiting period ranging from nine months to six consecutive insurance plan years. You may use the insurance policy benefits when the waiting period is over.
Features of Tata AIG Maternity Insurance Cover
Motherhood is a wonderful stage of life. If you are seeking health insurance with maternity insurance plans with maternity benefits in India, choose Tata AIG to make the journey easier for the kid as well as the mother. We have an exciting range of plans that cover all hospitalisation and delivery-related expenditures.
The following are some of the numerous advantages that come with the purchase of health insurance with maternity cover:
- Cashless Hospitalisation: Well, one of the most convenient and necessary features of Tata AIG health insurance plans with maternity benefits is cashless hospitalisation. You don't need to make any monetary arrangements during the delivery of your infant.
- In-Patient Care: You do not need to be concerned if you've pregnancy insurance since it assures that you receive thorough in-patient treatment if issues arise during the birth.
- Comprehensive Coverage: Tata AIG's maternity coverage allows you to cover the costs of pre and post-hospitalisation and delivery, as well as miscellaneous expenses like medications, ambulance services, hospital room rent, and doctor's consultation charges.
- Financial Backup: Health insurance with maternity cover is a highly recommended investment due to the escalating costs of medical treatment and hospitalisation. You'll be financially safeguarded against the hefty medical expenditures of treatments such as diagnostic tests, routine check-ups, and surgery if you get such a cover.
- Affordable Premiums: Are you truly concerned that such a plan would be too expensive for you? This Tata AIG plan might put your mind at ease because it provides comprehensive coverage at a very low premium cost. However, charges may vary slightly depending on age and degree of coverage. You may compare them using our online health insurance premium calculator.
Tata AIG Health Insurance with Maternity Cover Inclusions and Exclusions
With pregnancy insurance coverage included in your health insurance plan, you won't have to stress about the numerous costs associated with selecting a hospital or nursing home for delivery.
In another way, maternity insurance protects you against unanticipated circumstances, allowing you to choose the best doctors for you or your spouse as well as your newborn kid.
The following are the expenditures covered by maternity insurance cover:
Delivery and Labour Cost: The pregnancy add-on cover will cover all costs associated with childbirth. However, the coverage limit may restrict the total number of pregnancies included under the policy.
C-Section: If the doctor advises a C or caesarean section for the child or mother's health, your Tata AIG maternity cover will cover every expense.
Hospitalisation and Room Rent: Your Tata AIG health insurance plan with maternity benefits will cover all the hospitalisation expenditures and room rent spent while you are hospitalised.
Pregnancy Complications: Your maternity coverage will cover every medical expense incurred during pregnancy to guarantee you are protected against any maternity-related issues.
Newborn Baby Coverage: The health insurance plan safeguards your kid with a newborn baby cover for the first 3 months after delivery.
Usually, the following expenditures are not covered by maternity insurance:
- Any pre and post-natal costs are incurred unless hospitalisation is required.
- Tonics, vitamins, and other nutritional supplements for the child and the mother.
- An ectopic pregnancy unless it is included in the standard mediclaim policy.
- If you have exhausted the total number of pregnancies covered by your maternity plan.
- Any insurance claims that are filed during the waiting period.
- The costs of extracting and keeping stem cells for medical purposes are not reimbursed.
- In-vitro fertilisations.
Buying Health Insurance with Maternity Cover Online: How to Do It?
Tata AIG puts forward the finest health insurance plans with maternity benefits to its customers. If you are planning to buy it online, we can assure you that the complete process is clear-cut and no fuss. All you have to do is carefully follow the steps below:
- Visit Tata AIG’s official website and choose for who you wish to purchase health insurance with maternity cover. You can purchase health insurance with maternity cover for yourself or your spouse.
- Once you have determined who’s going to be insured, place your finger or cursor on the "Get Plan" option and click on it.
- Provide the essentials as requested, and Tata AIG will recommend the best and most appropriate plans for you.
- On the next page, all you need to do is select the sum insured. You can perform it by tapping on the drop-down menu. After that, you'll be able to view the exact premium amount.
- You may also compare health insurance policies to see which one best suits your needs.
- Pick the policy you intend to purchase and choose the "Buy Now" option.
- Our experts will reach out to you for further assistance.
If you wish to purchase maternity mediclaim from Tata AIG offline, you can follow these steps.
- Locate your nearest Tata AIG office.
- Visit the office at your convenience and go to the reception desk.
- State that you wish to buy a maternity insurance policy.
- A representative will approach you to discuss plans that will be the best for you.
- Once you have decided on a plan, fill out the application form and attach relevant documents.
- Submit your application at the counter and pay the fee.
That is how simple it is to buy a maternity health insurance policy from Tata AIG.
Factors to Consider When Purchasing Maternity Cover
It is crucial to conduct extensive research before purchasing any health insurance plan. It would be beneficial if you also take a look at the following aspects while selecting maternity coverage:
Sub-Limit Clauses: Most health insurance policies or medical facilities have a Sub-Limit Clause. Likewise, sub-limits may apply to maternity health insurance coverage. So, after evaluating several plans, make sure to read the policy terms and conditions and select the one that best meets your requirements.
Premium Quote: You must acquire maternity coverage separately from your mediclaim insurance policy since it's an add-on. Although the provisions of the policy provide substantial coverage, make sure you consider the additional cost.
Policy Coverage: The insurance plan you purchase provides comprehensive coverage for all of your pregnancy-related expenditures. It includes hospitalisation expenses, consultations, medicines, checkups, or any cost arising as a result of complications.
Waiting Period: Most pregnancy insurance policies have a set waiting time that you must fulfil before you may get benefits. As a result, the insurance company will not accept any claims prior to the waiting time. So, double-check the waiting time for your add-on coverage. Furthermore, it is strongly advised to acquire a health insurance plan with maternity coverage early in life in order to benefit from the coverage.
Claiming Maternity Insurance: How to Do It?
When you are admitted to the hospital for childbirth, notify Tata AIG right away. This allows us to begin the claim procedure. Depending on the hospital where you are hospitalised, the claim settlement might be either cashless or in the form of reimbursement. Here's how to submit a cashless and reimbursement insurance claim:
- Cashless Claim
When seeking medical treatment at one of Tata AIG's network hospitals, you may use the cashless claim resolution facility.
You need to fill out the insurance claim application form, which is available at the network hospital's insurance desk.
The network hospital must request clearance before beginning the claim procedure. Submit all required documentation to us.
When the insurance claim application is granted, we will pay the hospital and associated medical bills to the hospital directly.
When seeking medical attention in a non-network hospital, you may file a reimbursement claim for compensation.
- Notify Tata AIG about pregnancy-related hospitalisation.
- Complete the insurance claim application form and submit the required documentation and hospital bills after discharge.
- We will review your claim application form and may seek more documentation (if and when needed).
- When the insurance claim application is granted, Tata AIG will reimburse the expenditures in your registered bank account.
Claiming Maternity Insurance: Documents Required
When filing a maternity insurance claim, ensure you have these documents in place:
- Health insurance policy papers
- KYC documents
- Discharge summary
- Claim application form
- Pre-authorisation application form (in the event of cashless claims)
- Original bills and invoices (in the event of reimbursement claims)
- Other papers that might be requested by Tata AIG claim experts.
What Our Clients Say
- My experience with Tata AIG is beyond awesome. I purchased family health insurance with maternity cover from their clear-cut and well-organised website. My entire experience of purchasing such a plan was trouble-free. And I am relieved to report that I am no longer stressed as a result of protecting my wife against C-section surgery. Highly recommended to everyone!
~ Shankar Chaubey
"My recent purchase of Tata AIG mediclaim policy was fantastic. The support team's services were simply outstanding. Another aspect that impressed me was the ability to pay health insurance premiums in a variety of ways. Loads of love to the firm for creating a knowledgeable and informative website."
~ Suhana Arora
"Thank You to the support staff of Tata AIG for assisting me in selecting the finest health insurance plan based on my budget and requirements. I purchased the Tata AIG MediCare plan from their official website, and within a couple of minutes, my plan was available on my portal. Furthermore, all documentation was completed online. As a result, the entire procedure was incredibly simple and convenient."
~ Rahul Chakraborty
Other Health Pages
Frequently Asked Question
1. When is the ideal time to get maternity insurance?
The majority of maternity insurance policies have a waiting period, which implies that maternity-related expenditures are not covered. As a result, it is suggested that every newlywed must go for it and schedule their pregnancy accordingly.
2. Is abortion covered under maternity insurance?
It is, indeed. Due to unfortunate circumstances, the pregnancy may need to be aborted, which is also quite costly. Your maternity coverage also covers medically required termination procedures. Treatment for any complications arising from pregnancy or delivery is also covered by the insurance plan.
3. Who is eligible for maternity cover benefit?
If you satisfy the following conditions, you are eligible for maternity benefits:
- If you added maternity coverage to your existing health insurance plan.
- If you have not used up all of the coverage offered through the add-on (or you have more than two children)
- If you have fulfilled the appropriate waiting period under the policy.
4. How is the premium for maternity insurance determined?
Typically, health insurance with maternity benefits premiums is high. The rationale for the high price is that the claim is certain to occur under this policy, as opposed to other standard health insurance plans that cover unplanned and unpredictable medical situations. As a consequence of the certainty of the occurrence, i.e. pregnancy, insurance carriers establish a higher premium amount. However, before purchasing any health insurance with maternity coverage, it is usually essential to conduct a cost-benefit analysis.
5. Is it a good idea to obtain maternity coverage?
Yes, definitely! Women who intend to raise a family in the coming years may consider purchasing maternity insurance, which covers medical expenditures spent during pregnancy and the newborn infant. Your insurance provider will cover everything from delivery charges to pre- and post-natal care expenses under your maternity insurance plan.