Prostate Cancer Insurance
Prostate Cancer Insurance
You've come to the correct spot if you're seeking the right but most economical health insurance plan online. Tata AIG offers some of the most comprehensive health insurance coverage in India.
Get a quick quotation for Tata AIG Prostate Cancer Coverage right now!
Of all the health problems males encounter throughout their life; prostate cancer is regarded as one of the most common. In fact, apart from skin cancer, prostate cancer is the most frequent kind of cancer among men. Apart from its prevalence, the condition is frequently misunderstood and ignored.
As per the American Cancer Society, it is reported that 6 out of every 10 men over the age of 65 are at a higher risk of developing prostate cancer.
Do you want to learn more about this health condition? Continue reading to learn more about its meaning, symptoms, causes, prevention, and other vital facts.
Prostate Cancer: Meaning Explained
Prostate Cancer is a sort of cancer that builds up in the prostate. The prostate is regulated by the testosterone hormone. In men, the prostate is basically a tiny gland that looks like a walnut, generating seminal fluid, which helps in transporting and nourishing semen. It is the sperm-containing material that leaves the urethra after ejaculation.
One of the most frequent kinds of cancer is prostate cancer. It occurs when a malignant, abnormal development of cells, known as a tumour, arises in the prostate. The malignancy has the potential to spread to other parts of the body. Since the cancer is made up of prostate cells in these circumstances, it's still referred to as prostate cancer.
Prostate Cancer that is identified early, while it is still localised to the prostate gland, has the highest chance of being treated successfully.
Symptoms and Signs of Prostate Cancer
Prostate cancer symptoms and signs are frequently absent in the early stages, but screening may identify alterations that may signal malignancy. A screening test evaluates PSA levels present in the blood. If high PSA levels are found in the blood, it indicates the presence of malignancy.
Men who do have symptoms notice the following:
- Urination trouble maintaining and starting
- A frequent need to pee, particularly at night
- Blood in the semen or urine
- Weakly urine stream
- Appetite loss
- Frequent urination
- Painful ejaculation or urination
- Pain in the pelvis, hips, or back
Advanced Prostate Cancer Symptoms and Signs
Patients suffering from prostate cancer symptoms at the advanced stage may exhibit no symptoms. The potential signs and symptoms vary according to the extent of the tumour where it has progressed in the body. Furthermore, besides the aforementioned signs, advanced prostate cancer can cause the following:
- Unexplainable weight loss
- Pain in the bone
Prostate Cancer Causes
Prostate cancer primarily affects elderly men. Approximately 80% of instances occur in males over the age of 65, with fewer than 1% males under the age of 50.
Nevertheless, no one understands how or why prostate cancer develops, although nutrition plays a role. Some of the causes are as follows:
Males who consume a lot of red meat fat are at a higher risk of developing prostate cancer. Consuming meat may be dangerous for other reasons as well: High-temperature cooking releases cancer-producing substances that harm the prostate. The illness is far more frequent in India, where dairy and meat products are consumed in abundance.
Hormones have a part as well. Consuming fat increases the quantity of testosterone hormone in the body. The testosterone hormone accelerates the progression of prostate cancer.
A few occupational dangers have been discovered. Battery manufacturers, welders, rubber workers, and others who are often exposed to metal cadmium appear to be at a higher risk of developing prostate cancer.
Prostate cancer is also made more likely by a lack of exercise.
According to research, chain smokers' chance of developing prostate cancer is more than double. Smoking's also associated with an increased chance of expiring as a result of prostate cancer.
Males who have a family history of prostate cancer are at a greater risk of having the illness as well. If an individual's (male) father, son, or brother has prostate cancer, he's two to three times more likely to have it himself. The number of relatives suffering from prostate cancer raises the risk. The age at which a relative was diagnosed with prostate cancer is also a relevant consideration.
Prostate Cancer Diagnosis
The diagnosis of Prostate Cancer is as follows:
It refers to the examination of an illness even if there are no symptoms present. Two tests are carried out for prostate cancer: DRE (Digital Rectal Examination) and PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen). These two tests are used to identify cancer at an early stage. Both tests, however, aren't without flaws. Abnormal findings from either test might be the consequence of BHP (Benign Prostatic Enlargement) or infection instead of malignancy.
There are two sorts of screenings. Let us understand both of them in detail and depth.
- PSA Blood Test: One method of screening for prostate cancer is PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen) blood test. This particular test determines the amount of PSA present in the blood. It's a protein that is only produced by prostate cancer. The PSA test is performed at a hospital, laboratory, or the office of a healthcare professional.
An individual with a healthy prostate has very low PSA in his blood. Low levels of PSA in the blood indicate good prostate health. A sudden increase in PSA may indicate that something is amiss. The most significant reason for a high PSA test is prostate cancer. Another cause of a high PSA is benign (non-cancerous) prostate enlargement. Prostate inflammation, or Prostatitis, can also induce elevated PSA levels.
The presence of cancer cells isn't shown by an increase in PSA levels. The increase suggests that malignancy is present.
- DRE: The DRE (Digital Rectal Examination) assists your doctor in detecting prostate issues. The healthcare professional inserts a greased gloved finger right inside the rectum for this test. On a table, the person either lies curled or leans over his side. During the DRE, the clinician feels that the prostate is of an irregular thickness or shape. Digital Rectal Examination is both safe and simple to do. However, the DRE can't identify early cancer on its own. A PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen) test should be performed.
Prostate Cancer Treatment
Some tumours develop so slowly that no therapy is required. Others develop quickly and aggressively and are life-threatening, necessitating immediate medical attention. Choosing which therapy to receive might be difficult. An individual should discuss their choices with their healthcare unit. The treatment strategy will be determined by:
- The prostate cancer's grade and stage (TNM stage and Gleason Score)
- An individual's risk category (if the cancer is low-risk, high-risk, or intermediate)
- An individual's health status and age
- An individual's preferences about long-term impacts, side effects, and treatment objectives
- Test results from any other diagnostic examinations will assist your healthcare provider to determine whether cancer may speed or relapse (reappear) following therapy.
Anyway, following the prostate cancer diagnosis, physicians will recommend a course of therapy depending on the following factors:
- Stage of cancer
- PSA levels present in the blood
- Sexual and urinary function
- Medical history and lifestyle
Take note of the therapies for each stage:
Waiting and Active Monitoring : After conducting a biopsy and evaluating PSA levels, physicians closely observe the patient. Doctors don’t undertake any tests in the situation of careful waiting. Only when signs of prostate cancer appear do healthcare providers begin therapy. This is recommended by healthcare professionals for senior persons who are expected to survive for fewer than 5 years.
Surgery : The prostate and adjoining lymph nodes are removed by a surgical oncologist. Health professionals typically use the surgical procedures listed below:
Prostate's transurethral resection
Prostate Cancer Prevention
At the advanced stage of prostate cancer, it’s not totally viable to cure the disease. However, you may lower your chances of getting it.
Do you want to know "how to avoid prostate cancer in a natural way?"
Take note of the following suggestions:
What Should You Drink and Eat?
- Consume red fruits and vegetables like watermelons and tomatoes.
- Soybeans should be included in your diet. Isoflavone-rich foods like lentils, peanuts, chickpeas, and tofu should be consumed.
- Drink coffee and green tea.
- Consume "healthy" fats like nuts, fruits, and olive oil.
What Foods Should You Avoid?
- Foods prepared in vegetable oil
- Oil-fried meat
- Leave out the carbs and sweets
- Selenium and Vitamin E
- Consume folate-rich food like whole grains and beans
In order to maintain a healthy body weight, you should change your food as well as create a workout routine. Obesity raises the likelihood of acquiring prostate cancer.
Prostate cancer is the second most frequent cancer in men worldwide. As a result, recognising the signs as soon as possible is critical. Keep the following tips in mind to make sure the health of yourself as well as your loved ones.
What Is Prostate Cancer Cover?
Nobody, not in their wildest imaginations, would desire to have prostate cancer. Nevertheless, the present-day lifestyle has raised the likelihood of developing cancer, especially in males.
Furthermore, while the likelihood of developing prostate cancer has grown significantly, the expense of therapy has increased manifold in recent years. More specifically, treatment expenses might potentially wipe out a man's life savings. Worse, the expense of prostate cancer treatment is high in India. This is why comprehensive medical insurance has become an absolute need.
As a result, it is prudent to carry out a comprehensive health insurance plan. We are all aware that there are several health insurance tax benefits that an individual can avail of after purchasing a health insurance policy. And, with medical insurance coverage for a prostate cancer cover, an individual may essentially secure their cash in the event of an unanticipated medical emergency.
With Tata AIG's medical insurance cover, you won't have to stress over excessive medical expenditures if diagnosed with prostate cancer. So, consider purchasing a health insurance plan with prostate cancer coverage to ensure adequate financial savings against such a condition. Investing in such a policy will provide ideal coverage while not breaking your bank, and our policies check all the boxes.
Things That Make Tata AIG Prostate Cancer Insurance Policy the Best Bet
You may acquire one of the greatest medical insurance policies in India with Tata AIG. Our medical insurance plans have several features that make them the best bet for you. Listed below are some of the benefits of Tata AIG comprehensive medical insurance:
Cashless Hospitalisation across India : By insuring with us, you may have access to more than 7,200 hospitals throughout India and enjoy cashless hospitalisation benefits. Tata AIG settles medical expenditures and invoices directly with our network hospitals, eliminating the need to follow up and file on health insurance claims.
Consumables Cover : Suppose you need medical attention due to your prostate cancer, and for this reason, you're required to be hospitalised; in that case, Tata AIG's consumables cover will cover the expense of any medical or surgical equipment or consumables that are billed to you in addition to the entire hospitalisation fees. These consumables are actually the equipment or products utilised in your treatment and might be costly if you aren't covered by a medical insurance policy that provides this coverage.
Offers Financial Support During Emergency: In times of need, a medical insurance policy might be your closest friend. Prostate cancer not only causes enormous mental stress but also causes significant physical agony. With the expense of medical treatment soaring high in India, possibly coinciding with the reduction or loss of your monthly savings and income, it is extremely difficult to make ends meet on a consistent basis. In this instance, a medical insurance policy can give financial aid through a lump-sum distribution from the entire sum guaranteed.
Affordable Premiums: Well, if you believe that health insurance is prohibitively expensive, you should reconsider! It's a fallacy to believe that they are expensive. You may get a low-cost medical insurance plan that covers prostate cancer from us. Thus, choosing a health insurance plan is a wise option.
Can Serve as a Super-Sub for Regular Income Loss: A prostate cancer might give you mental trauma, but it's more devastating if you're your family's primary earner. The probable loss of your capacity to work and generate money during your treatment might cause serious financial hardship for your loved ones and household.
Benefits of Prostate Cancer Insurance Plans
Purchasing medical insurance provides policyholders with a number of substantial benefits. Some of the advantages are listed below:
Financial Assistance : You may steer clear of your financial worries throughout the prostate cancer treatment by choosing the Tata AIG medical insurance policy. Under our medical insurance coverage plan, we give a lump-sum payout of your total amount assured.
24/7 Customer Assistance : At Tata AIG, our customer executive officers have made it their duty to anticipate all of your requirements. We prioritise your requirements before our own and aim to outdo ourselves in terms of serving you. We provide customer service 24/7, so if you phone us at any time of day, rest assured your problem will be solved.
High CSR : Tata AIG has reasserted its ever-evolving dedication to customer assistance and service with a whopping 94.21% medical insurance claim settlement ratio throughout the fiscal year 2020-21. Tata AIG also provides a simple and speedy claim resolution process.
- Tax-Saving : It might appear frivolous, but one excellent incentive to have medical insurance is to save money on taxes. The Income Tax Act (Section 80D) exempts premiums paid to maintain a medical insurance plan from taxation.
You may claim a maximum of ₹25,000/year if you have purchased a medical insurance policy for yourself, your children, or your spouse. You may claim an extra ₹50,000 deduction per year if you purchase a medical insurance policy for your parents beyond 60 years.
Please keep in mind that tax advantages are subject to change under the laws of Income Tax.
- No-Fuss Claim Procedure : At the time of filing your medical insurance plan claim, Tata AIG makes sure that you will not have to panic regarding extensive paperwork and confusing processes. We provide a simple online approach via which you may quickly make an insurance claim on our website. Our talented 650+ claim professionals will get your claim handled well within the statutory timescales, providing all of the details on the application form online are correct.
How to Purchase Prostate Cancer Insurance Cover?
We put forward the most appropriate medical insurance coverage that includes prostate cancer. Moreover, purchasing a health insurance policy from Tata AIG s is a no-fuss process. In order to proceed, you need to complete the steps listed below:
- Navigate to Tata AIG's official website and provide your contact information.
- One of our staff will reach out to you as early as possible in order to assist you in locating appropriate medical insurance cover.
- You may also get in touch with our customer service unit, and we will handle it for you.
- To purchase the plan offline, you can pay a visit to your nearby Tata AIG office branch and select a comprehensive medical insurance plan.
Tata AIG Prostate Cancer Insurance Inclusions
Tata AIG's prostate cancer insurance coverage includes the following inclusions:
A cancerous tumour that develops uncontrollably and progresses to the prostate, causing pain and discomfort while ejaculation and urination. This prognosis must be confirmed by an expert and supported by histological proof of malignancy. Our comprehensive medical insurance cover includes prostate cancer.
Residential care hospitalisation, ambulance coverage, associated medical bills, daycare treatments, etc., are all covered by Tata AIG medical insurance plans. These benefits may differ amongst insurance policies, including Medicare Protect, Wellsurance Plans, and Critical Illness.
If you're displeased with one doctor's diagnosis, you may see another. Your insurance plan will cover every charge incurred.
Tata AIG Prostate Cancer Insurance Exclusions
The following are some particular exclusions under Tata AIG's Prostate Cancer coverage:
- Every prostate cancer has a 6 or lower Gleason Score.
- tumours in the presence of HIV infection, without exception.
- Any comorbidities that weren't mentioned during the time of application and any complications that arose.
- If the symptoms and signs of the illness were present before the insurance plan's effective date or appeared within 3 months (90 days) of the plan's effective date. As a result, the insurance claim will be refused.
- Any illness caused by a physical or psychological problem that existed at the time the insurance was issued or when coverage commenced, whichever came first.
- STDs (Sexually transmitted diseases) or self-harm (for instance, suicide. It also covers injuries experienced while engaging in adventure sports like skydiving or paragliding.
- Any investigation or therapy that's not directly related to the covered sickness or injury.
What Are the Eligibility Requirements for a Tata AIG Prostate Cancer Insurance?
The following are the eligibility requirements for a Tata AIG Prostate Cancer Insurance policy:
- Age Requirements
People beyond the age group of 18 and a maximum of 65 years can purchase medical insurance; nevertheless, dependent kids should be between the age group of 3 months and 25 years. It's recommended that you get a medical insurance policy after you reach 25 years in order to benefit from cheaper medical insurance premium costs.
- Pre-Existing Conditions
There's a 2 to a 4-year waiting period for pre-existing illnesses, during which you won't be able to fully utilise your health insurance coverage.
- Pre-Medical Examination
For policyholders over the age of 45 or 55, pre-medical examinations or testing are often necessary.
Factors to Consider When Purchasing a Prostate Cancer Insurance Plan
While it is necessary to purchase medical insurance as soon as possible, it's more vital to conduct extensive research before picking a medical insurance policy that covers prostate cancer, determining the sum covered, and determining the relevant premium rate. Listed below are some of the most important elements to keep in mind while selecting a medical insurance policy for yourself:
Amount Insured : You should make sure that the amount insured under the chosen medical insurance policy meets your existing and projected health insurance needs.
Waiting Periods : While some medical insurance perks are immediately active, others do have a waiting period in which they are only words on your plan certificate. As a result, it's critical to review the many sorts of waiting periods that are included in your medical insurance policy.
Network Hospitals : The broader your medical insurance carrier's cashless hospital network, the greater your freedom and convenience regarding cashless insurance claims. Our medical insurance covers cashless care around the nation with over 7,200 facilities.
Riders and Add-Ons Availability: If a medical insurance policy allows for the inclusion of riders plan, it's typically regarded as a positive sign in terms of the policy's value. With the addition of the necessary medical insurance add-ons, you may greatly improve the medical insurance policy's coverage while adding just a little amount to your existing medical insurance cost.
Age Limits : There's frequently an upper age limitation linked to medical insurance plans that bans people beyond a specific age from receiving coverage. Plan renewals may also be subject to age limitations. As a result, it's critical to review the insurance plan wordings prior to picking a medical insurance policy.
Documents Needed for Prostate Cancer Insurance Policy
The following documents are required in order to claim a prostate cancer insurance policy under Tata AIG:
- Health insurance bills for intensive care hospitalisation duly signed by you.
- The supervisor at the network hospital/hospital signs on the discharge summary.
- Claim form signed by the insured.
- A legit medical inquiry report.
- The receipts from the medical stores along with the doctor's prescription.
- Detailed list of consumables recommended by the doctor.
- The TPA (third-party administrator's) identity card for the current year.
- Medical insurance policy copies of the previous year.
- Any further documents that may be requested by Tata AIG.
- Doctor's consultation bills as well as receipts.
What Our Policyholders Say
- Simple to sort. I got what I desired. The Tata AIG customer support team helped me a lot in finding what exactly I was searching for. They didn't appear pushy.
~ Ishaan Mukherjee
- Extremely helpful and caring attitude. Tata AIG was quite helpful in obtaining my medical insurance. The Tata AIG team explained everything well, and they were always available to reply to any of my inquiries. They know how to handle things sensitively. I highly appreciate their helpful and caring attitude.
~ Aratrika Malhotra
- I am quite impressed with the Tata AIG customer service. They kept me updated throughout the entire process of my medical insurance claim. They do know how to put clients first. Thanks a lot to the entire unit of Tata AIG.
~ Aadil Parvez
We've a couple more outstanding medical insurance options in addition to our prostate cancer coverage, including:
- Tata AIG MediCare Health Insurance for Individual Health Insurance, Personal Accident Insurance, and Family Floater Health Insurance
- Tata AIG Coronavirus Health Insurance
- Tata AIG MediCare Plus Health Insurance for Super Top-up Health Insurance
Other Health Pages
Frequently Asked Question
1. What exactly is Radiation Therapy, and when is it used during prostate cancer?
Radiation treatment kills malignant cells by using high-energy beams. If the tumour hasn't spread beyond the prostate, this procedure can be employed. Radiation treatment also decreases cancer development. This technique's side effects are painful and involuntary urination, erectile dysfunction, and diarrhoea.
2. What's hormone therapy?
Hormone treatment decreases androgens, which are male hormones that drive the development of prostate cancer cells. The method of androgen suppression approach reduces androgen levels in the human body, reducing or halting tumour development. This treatment, however, can't cure prostate cancer on its own. Hormone treatment is frequently followed by radiation therapy or chemotherapy.
3. Why do I need a prostate cancer insurance policy?
A prostate cancer Insurance policy covers the medical expenditures associated with cancer detection, diagnosis, treatment, and recovery. A comprehensive medical insurance plan that covers prostate cancer is essential because it provides you with access to the finest therapy possible, irrespective of the cost. You may also see professionals and specialists at cutting-edge hospitals without worrying about your expenditures.
4. Could you tell me what are the side effects related to hormone treatment for prostate cancer?
Listed below are some of the side effects related to hormone treatment:
- Body weight gain
- Possibility of acquiring heart disease
- Memory loss
5.Why Should I Purchase Medical Insurance Online?
Well, there are several advantages to purchasing medical insurance online, and listed below are a few of them:
It's Superfast : When you purchase medical insurance online, the procedure is simpler, faster, smoother, and way more transparent than buying it offline.
Easy to Compare : With the abundance of online policy brochures, you may simply compare several medical insurance policies, the amount insured, the medical expenditures covered, and the premium rate to find the one that is best for you.
Paperless Procedure : As vital as it's to protect your health via medical insurance, some consideration should be given to the health of the world that nourishes us. This is the reason why we've gone paperless, meaning you'll receive a soft copy of your medical insurance policy by email and, if you choose, WhatsApp.
6. Is medical insurance tax-exempt?
Yes, under the Income Tax Act (Section 80), medical insurance plans are tax-free, and you may also claim tax advantages on preventive medical check-ups on a yearly basis. You can claim a maximum of ₹5,000 in expenditures for medical check-ups. Please keep in mind that tax advantages are subject to change under Income Tax rules.
7. What's the best time to purchase medical insurance?
To be honest, there is never a wrong time when it comes to purchasing medical insurance. Preferably, the younger individuals are, the better off they are and their money will be. Young people can obtain medical insurance policies that provide a large insured amount for a low payment. Furthermore, while an individual is young, it is simple to go through the medical insurance waiting period without incurring too many out-of-purse payments.