Cancer Hospitals in Delhi
Cancer Hospitals in Delhi
Medical emergencies are inevitable, and so are the expenses. The cost of healthcare is already high because of inflation and several other factors. However, the nature of health emergencies is another reason certain treatments and procedures are more expensive than others. Under critical illnesses, cancer treatment can be quite costly.
Cancer is a dreaded condition where the cells in your body undergo drastic changes and mutations, which can be fatal in nature. However, there are different types and stages of cancer, and only medical professionals can diagnose the approximate cause and the right treatment for any form of cancer.
Health Insurance with Cancer Cover
When it comes to treating cancer, numerous expenses are involved, from the diagnostic tests to the treatment and the recovery of the patient. This is where having a health insurance plan with cancer coverage can help you financially.
It is especially in metropolitan cities like Delhi, where the cost of treating cancer can be much higher than in smaller towns and two-tier cities. Even if you opt for treatment in a government cancer hospital in Delhi without a health insurance plan, it may cause a major dent in your savings.
What is a Cashless Hospital?
A cashless hospital is a feature in health insurance wherein you can avail of healthcare facilities and medical treatment in the hospital without having to pay any cash. Instead, your health insurance provider will directly settle the bills with the hospital.
All you need to do is intimate your insurer in advance (in case of a planned admission) or within 24 hours (in case of an emergency) about your treatment. Your health insurance plan must be valid at the time of receiving treatment at a cashless hospital if you want to avail of this benefit.
Every hospital is not a cashless hospital; this facility is exclusively offered by a list or network of hospitals all over the country that is listed under your medical insurance plan. These may also be registered with your health insurance provider. Therefore, when availing of a cashless claim for your treatment, you should locate a cashless hospital in your city.
With a Tata AIG medical insurance plan, you can visit our official website and search for the nearest network hospital in your city from our list of 7200+ cashless hospitals across the country.
Tata AIG’s Network of Cancer Hospitals in Delhi
Basic health insurance plans do not necessarily offer coverage against cancer; for that, you will need to look for a critical illness health insurance plan specifically.
Tata AIG offers a range of health insurance policies that offer varying coverage for cancer, such as the Tata AIG MediCare Protect, Tata AIG MediCare Plus, Tata AIG Critical Illness, and so on.
With a claim settlement ratio of 94.43% for FY 2020-21 and an extensive network of over 7200 cashless hospitals, Tata AIG health insurance policies offer a range of benefits such as a seamless online purchase and renewal process, No Claim Bonus discount on premiums for claim-free years and much more.
In times of need, it is always helpful to have a compiled list of medical centres at hand when you are looking for a cancer specialist hospital in Delhi. Therefore, below is a list of hospitals where you can receive cancer treatment in Delhi:
If you want to confirm the details of or visit any of the above network hospitals for your treatment, you can always get in touch with the Tata AIG customer care team. We can help you through the claims process even more clearly so that you do not miss out any of the steps when filing a claim.
Why is Cancer Coverage in Health Insurance Important?
Treating cancer in India can be extremely expensive, and the costs can vary as per the type and severity of this critical illness. Once diagnosed with cancer, staying active in your profession can become exhausting and overwhelming. This is why complete rest is advised until the procedure and recovery are complete.
However, this means you cannot provide your family with an income until you completely recover. This can mean a loss of income for your family, more so if you are the only earning member of your family. Additionally, if you have to manage the medical treatment for cancer out of your own pocket, it can deplete your savings and your daily expenses.
These are some of the reasons why cancer coverage in your health insurance policy is necessary:
Cancer is one of the many critical illnesses in India and all over the world that is responsible for a high number of deaths in the country. One of the reasons for this is the lack of access to quality care at renowned medical centres and hospitals without appropriate health insurance coverage for cancer.
Cost of treatment
Cancer is, without a doubt, a complex condition and can be very costly, depending on the type and stage of the critical illness. There are various procedures involved in treating cancer, such as radiation and chemotherapy. Health insurance can help cover these costs with adequate cancer coverage.
Apart from the cost of treating the disease, there are also pre- and post-hospitalisation expenses, such as diagnostic tests and health check-ups which can add to the total cost of the treatment. With adequate cancer coverage in your health insurance plan, these costs are covered.
A health insurance plan or a critical illness policy offers tax benefits under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act 1961. This provision allows you to claim a tax deduction of up to ₹25000 on the premium payments. The limit is extended to ₹50000 if you are a senior citizen (above 60 years).
If you have a Tata AIG critical illness policy, you can get admitted to the best cancer hospital in Delhi if and when the need arises. Quality healthcare is essential when it comes to critical illnesses, and being able to access the best healthcare services without hassles is crucial.
A Tata AIG critical illness policy also offers the flexibility of choosing an adequate sum insured, calculating the health insurance premiums online, adding covers such as ambulance cover, domiciliary hospitalisation, and much more!
How to Make a Cashless Claim with Tata AIG’s Network Hospitals?
The main purpose of having a critical illness plan is to ensure that you do not have to spend anything out of your own pocket in case you are to undergo treatment for cancer. If you have completed your treatment at any of our network hospitals or are planning the same, here is how you can file a cashless claim under both scenarios:
For a cancer patient, most hospital visits are pre-planned as the procedures are timed by your medical professional. These are the steps involved in filing a non-emergency cashless claim:
- Contact Tata AIG by sending us the duly filled cashless claim via email. Alternatively, you could also send us a letter with the same information. This should be sent at least 48 hours before you are admitted to the hospital.
- Once we receive the claim form, we will verify it and send you a confirmation letter. The hospital will also be informed about the claim.
- Carry the confirmation letter to the hospital along with your health card. These two documents are especially important for a successful cashless claim settlement.
- Now, you do not need to take care of any other documentation or processes. Simply focus on your health, and we will handle the claim settlement with the network hospital.
There may be times when your critical ailment can lead to other related complications. At such times, getting admitted immediately to a hospital is a must, after which you can file a claim as given below:
Send us the cashless claim form within 24 hours of being hospitalised in case of an emergency procedure.
We will generate your Claim Intimation/Reference Number. Submit the below documents for the cashless claims benefit
A copy of your health insurance policy
Your health card
Proof of address
Completed CKYC form (if the claim amount is more than ₹1 lakh).
On receiving the cashless claim request from the network hospital, we will send an authorisation letter to them and settle the bills.
How to Claim if There are No Tata AIG Network Hospitals Near Me?
If you are unable to approach one of our nearest network hospitals, you can choose to receive medical treatment at any other hospital that is easily accessible or as per your preference. You can then file a reimbursement claim with us to receive the benefits of your health insurance policy:
- Once the treatment is complete, gather all the medical bills and make the payment to the hospital.
- Ensure that your treatment or procedure is covered under your Tata AIG health insurance policy.
- Fill up the reimbursement claim form and submit it along with the following documents:
- A copy of your health insurance card
- Original bills and invoices of hospitalisation
- The doctor’s/medical practitioner’s certificate
- Your NEFT details
- We will then verify the claim, settle the reimbursement, and the money will be transferred to your account. When you buy health insurance online, always keep track of the renewal date so that you have an active policy when you need it the most!
How to Choose a Health Insurance Plan with Cancer Coverage?
Every health insurance policy does not offer coverage for cancer; for that, you will need to look out for a critical illness plan such as the Tata AIG critical illness insurance. The critical illness plan will typically cover different types of cancer apart from the multiple stages of the condition during which you need comprehensive financial coverage. However, here are some other factors that you need to keep in mind when choosing a critical illness policy for cancer:
- Policy Sum Insured: Be sure to choose the sum insured or the coverage carefully. Like any other critical illness, treating cancer can be extensive and costly; the health insurance plan should be able to cover the various stages of the critical illness so that you need not worry about the hospital bills and focus on your recovery instead.
- Maximum Features: Each policy is different when it comes to the features it offers. Look out for the features under the cancer coverage that offer the maximum and most suitable benefits as per your needs. Check what is covered under the policy before proceeding with the purchase of the cancer insurance coverage.
- Coverage for Different Stages: Cancer, as a critical illness, is of different types and comprises several stages. All health insurance policies are not the same and may not cover all stages. Look into which types of cancer are covered under the plan. Also, it is up to you to determine which stages you need coverage for the most and pick a policy accordingly.
- Waiting Period: When choosing a health insurance plan with cancer coverage, ensure that the waiting period is as per your preference. This is because different policies have varying waiting periods. During this time, you cannot avail of health insurance benefits in case you are diagnosed with cancer. You can only file a claim after this tenure.
- Policy Renewal: Most health insurance policies have a maximum renewal age, after which you may not renew your health plan. Always check this age limit so that you can pick a policy that enables you to renew it as and when needed. Some policies have lifelong renewal wherein there is no age limit, and you can renew the plan for as long as you want to keep it.
- Claim Settlement Ratio: Your insurer’s claim settlement ratio directly shows how effectively your critical illness claim can be settled. If you are planning to buy a critical illness cover, Tata AIG’s claim settlement ratio of 94.43% for FY 2020-21 is proof of our commitment to settling your claims in full and on time, without any hassles.
- Online processes: When diagnosed with cancer, you will need a policy that pays out a lump sum benefit to you. To make this easier, Tata AIG’s online policy purchase, renewal, and claims processes are quite simplified and hassle-free. In a matter of minutes, you can buy, renew, or claim your health insurance!
Other Health Pages
Disclaimer / TnC
Your policy is subjected to terms and conditions & inclusions and exclusions mentioned in your policy wording. Please go through the documents carefully.
Frequently Asked Question
Is having fatty liver fatal?
On its own, fatty liver is not troublesome. However, when paired with some other diseases and left unchecked, it can turn severe and fatal.
Can fatty liver become normal again?
The liver is a regenerative organ. If you try to lose weight and stop alcohol consumption, you will no longer have a fatty liver.
Is obesity a cause of fatty liver?
Obesity is a contributing factor to developing fatty liver.
Can elevated liver enzyme values indicate fatty liver?
Yes, elevated liver enzyme value can indicate a fatty liver.