Secure your bike instantly
Secure your bike instantly
How to File Bike Insurance Claim?
- Author :
- TATA AIG Team
- Published on :
A bike insurance policy is a contract between an insurance company and a person in which the insurer covers any damage to the two-wheeler that occurs as a result of an accident, natural calamity, or robbery.
Depending on the plan you select, a bike insurance policy protects you from taking responsibility that comes from injuries to the rider and pillion as well as third parties. Therefore, you compare several insurers' policies to choose the best insurance for bikes with the right amount of coverage.
It is illegal to ride a motorcycle without having a bike insurance policy. Insurance for bikes is intended to provide financial protection against unforeseen occurrences and accidents that may damage the covered two-wheeler or bodily injury to the rider, pillion, or bystanders.
You know that you are covered in various situations if you have two-wheeler insurance. The insurance provider takes care of you and your bike in the case of any mishaps. This is especially useful given that bike accidents in India are higher than any other motor accident. Today, the government is making more and more rules to bring down this incidence of accidents, from driving compulsorily with a helmet to having insurance for your bike.
Tata AIG’s bike insurance policy offers you complete coverage in the case of an accident or any other unforeseen circumstance. You can get help from our network of over 7500 cashless garages nationwide at affordable rates. What's more, you can buy our bike insurance online in a few simple steps.
The perks of buying insurance for your bike from us do not stop here. Our bike insurance claim rules are also exceedingly simple and easy to follow. If you were worried about the two-wheeler accident insurance claim procedure and how to write a sample letter for a bike accident insurance claim, just read on. Also, you can opt for long-term two-wheeler insurance to avoid having to renew your policy every year.
How to Claim Insurance for Bike Damage in Case of an Accident?
Before we go into how to claim two-wheeler insurance, let us look at the preliminary steps of the two-wheeler accident insurance claim procedure.
- When filing a bike insurance claim, ensure you have all proof of the harm to the third-party person, vehicle, or property, including videos or images.
- Take down all relevant information on the third party, such as their identities, contact information, and addresses.
- Look for any possible eyewitnesses. If so, write down their contact details.
- Go to the Claims page and fill out the accident information.
- Make a police report at the nearby station.
- Make a formal representation to the Motor Accident Claims Tribunal Court.
- Follow the procedure and submit all required documentation.
- Notify the insurance provider of the court's decision and allow them to decide on compensation.
Once this is done, you can look into how to claim insurance for bike damage.
How to Claim Two-Wheeler Insurance?
If you are wondering about how to claim bike insurance in case of an accident or any other mishap, here are the bike insurance claim rules to follow with Tata AIG.
- If you have been in an accident, the first thing you need to do is ensure you are in a safe space and then get treatment for any injury you may have sustained. To file for a bike accident insurance claim, visit our Claims Support page or call 1800-266-7780. If you wish to complete the two-wheeler accident insurance claim procedure online, input the necessary details as prompted on your screen. You will receive a link for self-inspection on your provided number once we receive your bike accident insurance claim request.
- Check your damaged bike and fill in the self-inspection form carefully, detailing all the damages sustained to the vehicle. We will also send someone from our team to check the vehicle and corroborate your report.
- The next step is to take your bike to a garage to get the damages fixed. You can go to our network garages next to you and get your bike repaired cashlessly. If you wish to go to a non-network garage, you will need to pay for it yourself and apply for reimbursement with all the necessary bills and documents.
- Keep all your documents organised and available whenever you are asked for them.
- When you have filed your claim, you will get a Claim Registration Number from us. This number is important and will be used for all further transactions when the case is active. Keep it safe for any correspondence regarding the claim.
- At Tata AIG, we always try to ensure that the claim process is short and hassle-free. Still, if at any point you want to check the progress of your claim, you can track it from our website.
- Once you have submitted all the necessary documents and bills, we will check to see if the conditions of your claim fall under the purview of what our policy dictates. If your claim is within our policy coverage scope, the claim will be settled in time and without any problems.
Sample Letter for Bike Accident Insurance Claim
After seeing how to claim bike insurance, let us see the basic format for writing a sample letter for a bike accident insurance claim. First, you need to begin your letter by adding the date and subject. Next, you begin the letter by stating your name and policy number and the scheme your policy falls under. You then write the date and location where your bike met with an accident. Next, add the relevant details like your bike number, registration number etc., and request that your claim be processed at the earliest possible date. Finally, end the letter with your name and signature.
Remember, this letter is only needed if you are not using the cashless method and are opting for reimbursement.
What Percentage of my Bike Insurance Claim will be Settled by the Company?
Several factors determine the amount paid. Third-party liability, for example, is paid following the amount determined by the Motor Insurance Claims Tribunal. The claim in an own damage policy is subject to certain items known as deductibles. The bike owner incurs these costs because such goods are specifically excluded from the insurance. As a result, the greater the exclusions, the lower the claim settlement amount under the policy.
If you are involved in an accident, you must submit a bike insurance claim with your bike insurance company using the correct two-wheeler accident insurance claim procedure. You should maintain the right documents and visual evidence of your loss. The claim settlement process is now totally online and can be a breeze, provided you have all the necessary evidence. As a result, always ensure to ride cautiously while remaining calm in the event of an accident. With the help of your Tata AIG bike insurance coverage, you may get through the challenging scenario with ease.
Disclaimer / TnC
Your policy is subjected to terms and conditions & inclusions and exclusions mentioned in your policy wording. Please go through the documents carefully.