How to Get X Visa Extension in India?
- Author :
- TATA AIG Team
- Published on :
India is a land of natural and cultural diversity, making it one of the top tourist destinations in the world. Also, there are many Indians and Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) situated in various parts of the world. Many of these PIOs and their families or foreign nationals visit India annually.
Most international travellers need a valid visa to enter India as visa-free entry, and visa-on-arrival is allowed to a selected category of travellers from specific countries. The Government of India provides an X visa to foreigners and PIOs who visit the country for several reasons.
The X entry visa extension for India can be processed by registering with the Foreign Regional Registration Office (FRRO) or the Foreign Registration Office (FRO).
What is India X Visa?
India X visa is commonly known as an entry visa and is granted by the Government of India. It is a type of multiple-entry visa given to certain foreigners and persons of Indian origin. The Government specifies the following eligibility criteria for granting this visa:
- Spouses or children of a foreigner of Indian origin.
- A person of Indian origin who wishes to visit India for tourism and other purposes.
- Dependents of foreigners visiting India on visas like business, student, research or employment, etc.
- Holders of this visa type can only travel in India and are not allowed to undertake any employment.
Guidelines for X Entry Visa Extension
Foreign nationals who wish to apply for an Indian X Visa extension must follow the below guidelines as described by the Government:
- Foreign nationals visiting India on long term (X) visa must apply for X visa extension in India by registering themselves with the Foreign Regional Registration Offices (FRRO) or Foreign Registration Office (FRO) if their stay during a single visit in the country exceeds 180 days. The registration must happen before the expiry of 180 days.
- For X visa extension, registration can be done only at the FRROs or FROs (District Superintendents of Police).
- The applicant must be physically present for registration at the FRRO or the FRO.
- At the time of registration, the individual must provide all the necessary and correct information to the registration officer. If the information provided is satisfactory, the officer will offer a certificate of registration in Part III of Form A.
- Foreign nationals visiting India must follow the Special Endorsement made on the visa by the Indian mission.
- If their stay during a single visit in the country does not exceed 180 days, the foreign national need not apply for an X entry visa extension. Thus there is no need to register themselves with Foreign Regional Registration Offices (FRRO) or Foreign Registration Offices (FRO).
Validity of X Entry Visa Extension in India
The X visa extension can be done yearly for a maximum of five years. If an individual wishes to extend the visa further, a proposal must be put forth to the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA), and upon its approval, the extension is granted.
Documents Required for X Entry Visa Extension
- Duly filled visa extension form
- Original passport
- Copy of passport/VISA/registration certificate
- Proof of residence, which may be either of the following
- Copy of notarised Lease/Rent agreement
- Copy of C-Form from the Hotel
- Copy of recent electricity/telephone bill along with the letter from the landlord
- Recent passport-size photographs
- Copy of marriage certificate and Indemnity Bond
- Copy of birth certificate with a copy of either parent’s Indian passport.
X Visa Extension Fees in India
The X Visa Extension Fees in India depend on the country you’re applying from. The best way to know the correct fee for an extension is by visiting the official website of the Indian embassy or consulate in your country or contacting them personally.
Importance of Buying a Travel Insurance Plan
A travel insurance can protect you from any unexpected travel woes. A typical travel insurance plan will cover emergency medical needs, luggage theft or loss, protection from natural calamities like storms, earthquakes, floods, etc., and third-party liability.
There are some exclusions to the policy, which are clearly defined in the policy document, so ensure you read the document and understand the aspects not covered during your trip. Travel insurance policies can be customised to a certain level too. For example, if you travel regularly, you may opt for multiple-trip travel insurance compared to single-trip travel insurance. Multiple-trip travel insurance can save you from the hassle of repurchasing the policy and be cost-effective.
Travel insurance can protect you when you are stuck in a foreign land. It rules out the possibility of paying expensive bills due to medical emergencies, medical evacuation or loss of baggage. You might find travelling without insurance convenient, but if, unfortunately, a challenge arises during your trip, it can cost you dearly.
Buying a travel insurance policy from Tata AIG is now easy, quick, paperless, and hassle-free. Our online purchase, claim initiation and tracking process removes the hassle of documentation, paperwork, and continuous follow-ups.
Be assured of our expertise in this segment as we come with a rich experience of more than 20 years in the insurance industry. We understand your needs and offer comprehensive insurance plans that satisfy your needs and fit your budget. Before purchasing, you can compare travel insurance and check your estimated premium amount using our travel insurance premium calculator.
We hope the above information on the Indian X visa extension proves fruitful for you. Whatever your reason for travel, ensure you have an adequate travel insurance plan. An ideal travel plan with good travel insurance safeguards you from unexpected financial needs during your trip. In today’s time, a travel insurance plan is no longer an additional expense but a necessary requirement.
Disclaimer / TnC
Your policy is subjected to terms and conditions & inclusions and exclusions mentioned in your policy wording. Please go through the documents carefully.