Tata Car Insurance
Tata AIG Tata Car Insurance
Established in 1945, Tata Motors Limited is one of the leading global automobile manufacturers with a strong foothold in the Indian market. The extensive portfolio of Tata Motors includes a wide range of cars, SUVs, buses, pickups, trucks and defence vehicles. The company aims to live up to the reputation and trust of the Tata brand, delivering superior value to its customers.
Presently, Tata Motors Limited is a USD 35 billion organisation and is consistently progressing by offering value-packed, powerful performing cars on a budget that fits the Indian consumers. However, the company has an on-road and off-road presence across 125 countries over the globe.
Driven by leading-edge R&D, Tata Motors aims to introduce cars that meet the highest standards of quality and performance. Apart from performance, Tata cars offer fuel efficiency, enhanced driving comfort and superior global styling, all coupled in a budgeted car price.
The latest cars from Tata - Tigor and Nexon – are examples of global styling and cutting-edge performance. Alternatively, for commercial vehicles, Tata Motors lay prime emphasis on safety, maintenance, user comfort and lifecycle cost, ensuring consumers get full value for their money.
Currently, Tata Motors offers seven different car models. Each has its variants that differ in terms of features, styling, price and appearance.
If you own a Tata car or plan to buy one anytime soon, it is important to secure your car with four-wheeler insurance online. In India, it is a legal mandate to have at least third-party car insurance. However, third-party insurance for car is not sufficient to financially secure you against any unfortunate events on the road. Further, the state of traffic and roads in the country coupled with irresponsible driving make buying a comprehensive Tata car insurance policy a wise decision. A comprehensive car insurance plan will protect you against any third-party damage or loss and cover you in case of any theft, damage or loss to your car or life.
At Tata AIG, you get an option to buy Tata four-wheeler insurance per your need. We offer the following types of insurance for cars:
- Comprehensive car insurance policy
- Standalone own-damage car insurance policy
- Standalone third-party car insurance policy
You can buy car insurance for your Tata car online at Tata AIG.
Read on to know everything about buying a Tata four-wheeler insurance plan from Tata AIG.
Tata Car Insurance Renewal/New Purchase via Tata AIG
Buying or renewing your Tata car insurance plan with Tata AIG is simple, quick and hassle-free. You buy the car insurance policy online by following these easy steps:
- Visit the Tata AIG website and go to the Car Insurance page.
- Enter the car registration number and choose the ‘Get Price’ option in case of a car insurance plan. However, if you are renewing your existing Tata AIG car Insurance, click on ‘Renew’.
- Fill in the required car and personal details on the promoted form on the screen.
- Select the policy coverage you want.
- Fill in information about your car insurance plan claims. If you claimed your car insurance plan, write the details in the assigned box. In case of no claims, leave the option blank, and you will be entitled to receive the No Claim Bonus (NCB) when renewing your car insurance.
- You will receive an instant car insurance quote. If the premiums fit your budget, proceed with the car insurance plan and pay the premium online through any digital payment options available on our safe portal.
- Receive the confirmation for your car insurance on your email and WhatsApp inbox.
Our car insurance purchase and renewal process are efficient, saving you time and reducing your effort. By choosing a Tata AIG four-wheeler insurance, you take a step forward towards assurance and reliable financial support in adverse events. With economical premiums, extensive coverage, flexible features and 24*7 customer support, we ensure we stand with you always.
Tata Car Insurance Price - Your Premium Amount
The price of car insurance for your Tata car depends on a host of factors. The premiums of your car insurance are based on the type of insurance policy, car age, engine capacity, and most importantly, the IDV (Insured Declared Value) of your Tata car. The IDV is the current market value of your car after accommodating depreciation. IDV is the maximum amount you can file a claim for if your Tata car is stolen or suffered a total loss. Higher the IDV, the higher the car insurance premium.
Apart from the IDV, the type of insurance coverage also significantly impacts your car insurance premiums. A policy like third-party car insurance comes at cheaper premiums because such insurance for a car only covers you financially against third-party liability. Policy premiums of such policies are only dependent on the engine capacity of the car and the annual car insurance rates as declared by the IRDAI (Insurance and Regulatory Development Authority of India). However, if you buy comprehensive car insurance, your premiums are higher because of the extensive financial coverage. A comprehensive car insurance plan financially protects you, your car and any third-party and third-party property. Further, the engine capacity, car age, car model, the purpose of use, and other factors, have a direct influence on your car insurance premiums.
You can use the Tata AIG online car insurance premium calculator to know the premiums payable for your Tata car insurance. You need to:
- Enter your registration number;
- Provide other necessary details such as type of coverage and IDV;
- Check the NCB tab, if applicable and click on ‘Get Price’.
After you input the details, the online car insurance premium calculator will show the premiums payable for your Tata four-wheeler insurance policy.
Things Covered/Not Covered Under Tata AIG’s Tata Car Insurance Policy
|Things Covered Under Tata AIG’s Tata Car Insurance||Things Not Covered Under Tata AIG’s Tata Car Insurance|
|Damage or loss of car due to natural disasters, such as floods, snowfall, cyclones, earthquakes, rainfall, etc.||Wear and tear because of regular usage and depreciation. Costs of general maintenance of the car.|
|Damage or loss to the car because of man-made activities, like a terrorist attack, strike, riots, etc.||Damage or loss to the vehicle outside the geographical area of India|
|Damage or loss due to fire resulting from lightning, explosions, self-ignition, etc.||Damage or loss sustained by the car in racing, reliability trials, speed tests, etc.|
|Damage sustained by the car due to an accident||Damage or loss caused due to the negligence of the driver|
|Total loss of the car because of theft or an accident||Damage incurred by the car because of war or war-like situations, nuclear peril, etc.|
|Damages sustained by the car during transit from one location to another through waterways, railways, airways, etc.||Using a private vehicle for commercial use|
|Damage caused by the insured car to any third-party property or life||Personal accident cover in a third-party insurance plan|
|A personal accident cover of ₹15 lakhs for the owner-driver of the car, inclusive of medical expenses incurred because of injuries caused by an accident. In case of the demise of the owner-driver, the appointed beneficiary received a pre-determined death benefit.||Damages caused because of driving under the influence of intoxicants and narcotics, etc., or without a valid driving license.|
Why Is It Important to Have Tata AIG for Your Tata Four-wheeler Insurance
Trusted by over five crore customers for the last 20 years, Tata AIG has been delivering on its promise of providing reliable financial support in case of adverse circumstances, like an accident, theft, natural calamity, man-made disaster, etc.
When you choose Tata AIG for your Tata car insurance, you can be assured of unswerving financial, exclusive insurance protection, seamless buying, renewal and claim settlement process and prompt customer support throughout your car insurance journey with us.
Some reasons that justify why is it important to have a Tata AIG four-wheeler insurance for your Tata car are:
- Quick and easy policy purchase and renewal: At Tata AIG that buying a car insurance policy should be easy and quick. You can buy four-wheeler insurance online through a simple three-step process.
- Complete insurance protection: With a comprehensive car insurance plan from Tata AIG, you are at peace of mind because you have secure and reliable financial protection for your car.
- High claim settlement ratio: Tata AIG continues its legacy of offering a seamless and assured claim process for you. For FY20-21, we reported a claim ratio of 98%, reaffirming our commitment to our customers.
- Claims assistance: At Tata AIG, we believe in settling claims quickly, saving time and effort for all parties involved. With over 650 dedicated claims experts, we ensure your claim settlement is seamless and quick.
- Nationwide garage network: The benefit of cashless services is most fruitful if you buy your Tata car insurance from Tata AIG. You can get efficient, cashless service benefits across 5400+ garages across the country. Savings and affordable premiums: At Tata AIG, we understand Indian consumers and offers different car insurance plans to suit the budget of every consumer. You can compare car insurance online and save up to 75% on your premiums by choosing to buy your car insurance online.
- No claims bonus (NCB): Tata AIG four-wheeler insurance online gives you an NCB(No Claim Bonus) discount of up to 20% on your car insurance renewals for every claim-free year. However, if you do not claim for five successive years, you can get an NCB discount of up to 50% on renewal policy premiums.
Overview - Tata Cars
Tata, a name synonymous with commitment, trust, integrity and transparency, is the backbone of Tata Motors. From design, engineering, manufacturing to pricing and performance, everything is precise in a Tata car.
Tata cars are preferred widely by all consumer segments of the Indian market because of the Tata legacy, proven performance and highly affordable car prices. Tata Motors primarily focuses on ensuring safety, comfort and performance in their cars, ensuring consumers get full value for their money.
Currently, Tata Motors offers seven different car models, each has its variants that differ in terms of features, styling, price and appearance. Tata car models are available as Hatchbacks, Sedans, SUVs, including electric vehicles. Tata car prices start from ₹5 lakhs and go up to ₹25 lakhs. However, the prices are subject to change per location and availability.
Tata cars appeal to economical customers as well as those aspiring for performance. The renowned car marker offers cars fit for both the younger, bolder generation and the elder, safety-first generation. Whether it is the optimum performance, features, exclusive designing, new-age colours, affordable pricing or the reliable Tata name, Tata cars sure have created a strong foothold in the car market.
Tata Car Model Price
Unique Selling points: Tata Cars and SUVs
If you are debating your decision to buy a Tata car, here are some unique aspects of Tata cars that justify why they are a great buy for every budget:
- Top-three in passenger vehicles segment: Fuelled with a zeal to offer superior quality cars at affordable prices, several of the passenger Tata cars in India are among the top three in passenger vehicles. The company has won various awards in the compact, midsize car and utility vehicle range.
- Size, scale and trust of the company: The presence of Tata motors cuts across the length and breadth of the country. More than 4 million Tata vehicles ply on the Indian roads since their establishment in 1954.
- Emphasis on research: Driven by the Tata promise of offering nothing but the best to the customers, Tata cars are backed by intensive research and development efforts. The company focuses on the appearance and the feel of the cars without compromising on the safety, efficiency and performance of the vehicle.
- Global marketing: Tata is synonymous with trust. People from across the world trust the brand name for its years of legacy. Coming from the home-grown Tata name, Tata cars enjoy worldwide acceptance and acknowledgement.
- Established distribution channels: Tata Motors has over 3500 touch points coverings its dealership, sales, services and spare parts network. The well-established network ensures your cars are easily repaired and enjoy a high resale value.
Rivals of Tata Car
Tata Motors, the manufacturer of Tata cars and SUVs, is a global brand renowned for offering value and performance-driven cars. Some of its closest competitors include:
- Hyundai Motor
- Mitsubishi Motors
- Honda Cars India
- Maruti Suzuki
- Mahindra & Mahindra
Frequently Asked Question
Should I buy third-party insurance or comprehensive insurance for my Tata car?
As per the Motor Vehicles Act, all four-wheelers in India must buy a third-party car insurance policy. Anyone found driving a car without valid third-party car insurance is subject to a hefty penalty. However, third-party insurance for your car only financially protects you against any third-party liability (life and property). This policy does not provide any coverage for any damage sustained by your vehicle or you.
Hence, instead of opting for this restricted coverage, it is wiser to buy a comprehensive car insurance plan. Comprehensive four-wheeler insurance online provides financial protection to you, your car and against third-party liability. Even though comprehensive insurance for cars is expensive than third-party insurance, the former offers 360-degree coverage, unlike the restricted coverage of the latter.
Does comprehensive Tata car insurance cover third-party liability?
Yes, a comprehensive Tata AIG four-wheeler insurance offers financial protection in case of damage to you, your car or any third-party life or property.
What are the available variants in Tata cars?
Tata Motors offers cars and SUVs, which further have different models and variants. Currently, in the Sedan and hatchback section, Tata offers Altroz, Tiago, Tiago NRG and Tigor. In the SUV section, Tata Motors has Punch, Safari, Harrier and Nexon, models in the market currently. Each car model comes in different colours and at varied prices. The engine capacity, performance, mileage, features, design, etc., of all cars and SUVs, vary significantly.
Disclaimer: All the car prices and other information listed above pertain to a specific city and vehicle model. Since this information is subject to change, it is advisable to check the latest information before purchasing a vehicle or an insurance policy.