TATA AIG Terms and Conditions
Applicable for Mobile App Users
Insurance is the subject matter of the solicitation. Purchase of Tata AIG General Insurance Company Limited products are purely on voluntary basis. For more details on risk factors, terms and conditions please read sales brochure/Policy wordings carefully before concluding a sale.
By using this mobile app, you acknowledge your assent to the following conditions of use without limitation or qualification. Please read these conditions carefully before using this mobile app. These terms and conditions may be revised at any time by updating this posting. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the then current terms and conditions to which you are bound. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, THE MATERIALS ON THIS MOBILE APP ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED AND TATA AIG GENERAL INSURANCE COMPANY LTD. AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Tata AIG does not warrant that the functions contained in the materials will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that this mobile app or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components. Tata AIG does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the materials on this mobile app in terms of their correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise. You (and not Tata AIG) assume the entire cost of all necessary servicing, repair, or correction. The information and descriptions contained herein are not intended to be complete descriptions of all terms, exclusions and conditions applicable to the products and services, but are provided solely for general informational purposes. This mobile app may be linked to other websites which are not maintained by Tata AIG. Tata AIG is not responsible for the content of those websites. The inclusion of any link to such mobile apps does not imply approval of or endorsement by Tata AIG of the websites or the content there of.
Tax benefits are subject to changes in Tax laws.
Prohibition of Rebates
Section 41 of the Insurance Act, 1938 as amended by Insurance Laws (Amendment) Act, 2015. • No person shall allow or offer to allow, either directly or indirectly, as an inducement to any person to take out or renew or continue an insurance in respect of any kind of risk relating to lives or property in India, any rebate of the whole or part of the commission payable or any rebate of the premium shown on the policy, nor shall any person taking out or renewing or continuing a policy accept any rebate, except such rebate as may be allowed in accordance with the published prospectuses or tables of the insurer. • Any person making default in complying with the provisions of this section shall be liable for a penalty which may extend to ten lakh rupees
You hereby confirm that all premiums have been/will be paid from bonafide sources and no premium have been/will be paid out of proceeds of crime related to any of the offence listed in Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002. You understand that the Company has the right to call for documents to establish sources of funds. The insurance company has right to cancel the insurance contract in case you are found guilty by any competent court of law under any statutes, directly or indirectly governing the prevention of money laundering in India.
Section 64 VB Insurance Act 1938
Commencement of risk cover under the policy is subject to receipt of premium by Tata AIG General Insurance Company Limited. Grievance Redressal Procedure: As per Regulation 17 of IRDA of India (Protection of Policyholders Interest) Regulations, 2017
Payment & Refund:
- I hereby confirm that I am the policyholder as well as the owner of debit card/credit card/internet banking account or any other online payment method, through which i am paying the policy premium.
- please note, incase of refund, the amount payable will be automatically credited to the same account that you are using to pay the premium or can be refunded through a cheque in the name of the proposer. Registered Office Peninsula Business Park, Tower A, 15th Floor, G.K. Marg, Lower Parel, Mumbai – 400013. 24x7 Toll Free No: 1800 266 7780 or 1800 22 9966 (For Senior Citizens) Fax: 022 6693 8170. Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
IRDA of India Registration No: 108 CIN: U85110MH2000PLC128425
By using this mobile app, you acknowledge your assent to the following conditions of use without limitation or qualification. Please read these conditions carefully before using this mobile app. These terms and conditions may be revised at any time by updating this posting. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the then current terms and conditions to which you are bound.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, THE MATERIALS ON THIS MOBILE APP ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED AND TATA AIG GENERAL INSURANCE COMPANY LTD. AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Tata AIG does not warrant that the functions contained in the materials will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that this mobile app or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components. Tata AIG does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the materials on this mobile app in terms of their correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise. You (and not Tata AIG) assume the entire cost of all necessary servicing, repair, or correction. The information and descriptions contained herein are not intended to be complete descriptions of all terms, exclusions and conditions applicable to the products and services, but are provided solely for general informational purposes. By registering claim through the mobile app, Tata AIG is not in any way verifying or committing to coverage of your loss. Your claim will be assessed by Tata AIG and final decision whether coverage for this loss applies as per terms and condition of your policy will be taken. All the endorsement requests which are carried out from the mobile app are subject to terms and conditions of the policy. The endorsement request will be checked and verified with policy terms and condition, the status of the endorsement request will be confirmed to you. Tata AIG will not be responsible for any damage or loss occurred by registering claim or endorsement request on this mobile app or due to any technical glitch in the mobile app. This mobile app may offer linking fitness tracker apps which track steps, sleep, diet etc of the user and other features which may be thorough Tata AIG and/or other partners. The information will be provided “as is” from the fitness tracker. This information may be used by Tata AIG for data analytics purpose. This mobile app may be linked to other websites which are not maintained by Tata AIG. Tata AIG is not responsible for the content of those websites. The inclusion of any link to such websites does not imply approval of or endorsement by Tata AIG of the website or the content thereof.
Limitation Of Liability
While Tata AIG uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up to date information on this mobile app, errors or omissions sometimes occur. Tata AIG makes no warranties or representations as to the accuracy of the content of this mobile app. Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall Tata AIG or any party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the mobile app be liable to you for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, the materials on this mobile app, even if Tata AIG or an Tata AIG authorised representative has been advised of the possibility of such damages. In no event shall Tata AIG's total liability to you for all damages, losses, and causes of action exceed the amount paid by you, if any, for accessing this mobile app. Tata AIG also assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property as a result of your access to, use of, or browsing in the mobile app or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from this mobile app.
You agree, at your own expense, to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Tata AIG, its directors and employees, representatives, suppliers and Advisors, against any claim, suit, action or other proceeding brought against Tata AIG, its directors and employees, representatives, suppliers and as by a third party, to the extent that such claim, suit, action or other proceeding is based on or arises in connection with the use of this Mobile App, or any links therein, including, but not limited to :
a) Your use or someone else's use of your access to this Mobile App.
b) A violation of these terms and conditions contained herein by you or anyone using your or any other computer / mobile
c) A claim that any use of the Mobile App by you or someone using your computer / mobile infringes any Intellectual Property Right of any third party, or any right of personality or publicity, is libelous or defamatory, or otherwise results in injury or damage to any third party
d) Any deletions, additions, insertions or alterations to, or any unauthorized use of, the Mobile App by you or someone using your computer / mobile
Any misrepresentation or breach of representation or warranty contained herein made by you or
Any breach of any covenant or agreement to be performed by you hereunder.
Restrictions On Use Of Materials
This mobile app is owned and operated by Tata AIG. Except as otherwise expressly permitted by Tata AIG, no materials from this mobile app or any website owned, operated, licensed or controlled by Tata AIG may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. You may download material displayed on this mobile app for your use only, provided that you also retain the clauses pertaining to all copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the materials. You may not distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, repost, or use the content of this mobile app for public or commercial purposes, including the text, images, audio, and video without Tata AIG's written permission. Tata AIG neither warrants nor represents that your use of materials displayed on this mobile app will not infringe rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with Tata AIG
Unless otherwise expressly set forth herein, Tata AIG makes no representation that materials on this mobile app are appropriate or available for use in any location. Those who choose to access this mobile app do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws. No security, insurance product or other product or service is offered or will be sold in any jurisdiction in which such offer or solicitation, purchase or sale would be unlawful under the securities, insurance or other laws of such jurisdiction. Some products and services may not be available in all jurisdictions. All disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of Mumbai courts.
Trademarks and copyrights
All trademarks, services marks, trade names, logos, and icons are proprietary to Tata AIG. Nothing contained on the mobile app should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark displayed on this mobile app without the written permission of Tata AIG or such third party that may own the trademarks displayed on this mobile app. Your use of the trademarks displayed on this mobile app, or any other content on this mobile app, except as provided herein, is strictly prohibited. Images displayed on this mobile app are either the property of, or used with permission by, Tata AIG. The use of these images by you, or anyone else authorised by you, is prohibited unless specifically permitted herein. Any unauthorised use of the images may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes. Unless otherwise stated, this clause shall override the privacy statement.
Privacy and ownership of information
Unless otherwise expressly set forth herein, any information, communications, material or document you transmit to this mobile app by electronic mail, uploading or otherwise, including data, questions, comments, or suggestions may be used by Tata AIG for various concerns. Such information, communications or material may be used for any purpose, including, but not limited to, reproduction, solicitations, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast, and posting. Furthermore, Tata AIG is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you send to this mobile app for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, developing and marketing products using such information.
- You acknowledge that any software available or provided to you on this mobile app may contain technology that is subject to strict controls by various rules and regulations in India.
- You hereby agree that you will not transfer or export such software from India (including, for example, providing such software to any foreign person or entity in India) or re-export such software outside India in violation of Indian laws and regulations.
- Tata AIG does not authorise the downloading or exportation of any software or technical data from this mobile app to any jurisdiction prohibited by Indian laws and regulations
- Collection of Personal Information including Sensitive personal Data or Information.
- Use of your Personal Information.
- Disclosure of Personal Information.
- Protection of your Personal Information.
- Review and updation of Personal Information.
- Definitions used in this policy
Collection of Personal Information including Sensitive Personal Data or Information We and our authorized third parties may collect different types of Personal Information and Sensitive personal Data or Information, as required under laws and regulation and also based on your interest in our insurance products and services and our business relationship with you. This Personal Information and Sensitive personal Data or Information collected, handled and dealt by us may include, amongst other things: Information that allows Tata AIG to provision desired insurance product and to communicate with you and comply with current legal and regulatory requirements. This information may include but not limited to: Personal Information: Your name, Age, Gender, Date of Birth, Photographs, Password to Tata AIG Customer Portal, etc. Contact Information: Your address, Telephone numbers, Email id etc. Financial Information: Details pertaining to your bank account, credit/debit cards, Payment Instruments, Annual Income, Investment/Savings, Income Tax (PAN Card, Form 16 etc.) Health Information: Your Height, Weight, Illness/diseases, Medical Test Reports etc.Other Information: Any Information contained in documents used as proof of Identity and proof of address, proof of age, proof of income. Other Information may be collected in the form of various surveys which you agree to participate in or provide other feedback to us regarding our products or services; when you register to receive news or public policy updates or when you apply for a job through our website; subscription enquiries through our web site. In case you do not provide your information or consent for usage of personal information or later on withdraw your consent for usage of the personal information so collected, Tata AIG reserves the right to discontinue/cancel the insurance policy /services for which, the said information was sought.
Use of your Personal Information and Sensitive personal Data or Information The Personal Information and Sensitive personal Data or Information that we collect from you is held in accordance with applicable laws and regulations in India. It may be used by us for a number of lawful purposes connected with our business operations and functions, which include but not limited to:
- Verification of your identity as per prevalent laws and regulation;
- Processing your request and providing you with products and/or services requested or administering your account;
- Settling accounts with those who provide related services to us;
- Dealing with requests, enquiries or complaints and other customer care related activities; and all other general administrative and business purposes;
- Carrying out market and product analysis and marketing our companies’ products and services and communicate updates, offers and promotion.
- Customer analytics on usage pattern and deliver customized content and advertising that may be of interest to you;
- Provide you with the best customer experience possible;
- Address network integrity and security issues;
- Carrying out any activity in connection with a legal, governmental or regulatory requirement , for the purpose of compliance of a legal obligation, in connection with legal proceedings, in connection with prevention, detection , investigation including cyber incidents, prosecution, and punishment of offences protect and defend our rights or property or act in an emergency to protect someone's safety or to help investigations, monitor or prevent or take action regarding unlawful and illegal activities, suspected fraud, potential threat to the safety or security of any person.
- Carrying out activities connected with the running of our business such as personnel training, quality control, network monitoring, testing and maintenance of computer and other systems and in connection with the transfer of any part of our business in respect of which you are a customer or a potential customer
Disclosure of Personal Information and/or Sensitive personal Data or Information. We may disclose and/or transfer your Personal Information and/or Sensitive personal Data or Information at times to third parties in cases it is necessary for providing services to you and/or if you have consented for the same. We may disclose and/or transfer your information to:
- Other companies that provide services directly to you on our behalf or provide services to us by collecting, receiving, processing, storing, dealing or handling your information. To enable them to do this, we may need to share your personal information and/or Sensitive personal Data or Information with them.
- anyone we transfer our business to in respect of which you are a customer or a potential customer;
- to any other entity or organization in order for them to understand our environment and consequently, provide you with better services. We may share your Personal Information including Sensitive personal Data or Information, without obtaining your prior written consent, with government agencies mandated under the law to obtain information including Sensitive Personal Data Or Information for the purpose of verification of identity, or for prevention, detection, investigation including cyber incidents, prosecution, and punishment of offences, or where disclosure is necessary for compliance of a legal obligation.
- Any Personal Information including Sensitive Personal Data or Information may be required to be disclosed to any third party by us by an order under the law for the time being in force.
Protection of your Personal Information We shall take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information and/or Sensitive personal Data or Information pertaining to you is stored in a secure environment protected from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. We maintain information pertaining to you in our business records as per current regulatory requirements. Tata AIG shall retain your personal Information for as long as required to provide you with services or otherwise required under the law.
Definitions used in this policy "Personal information" means any information that relates to a natural person, which, either directly or indirectly, in combination with other information available or likely to be available with a body corporate, is capable of identifying such person. "Sensitive personal data or information" of a person means such personal information which consists of information relating to:-
- financial information such as Bank account or credit card or debit card or other payment instrument details ;
- physical, physiological and mental health condition;
- sexual orientation;
- medical records and history;
- Biometric information;
- any detail relating to the above clauses as provided to body corporate for providing service; and
- any of the information received under above clauses by body corporate for processing, stored or processed under lawful contract or otherwise:
Provided that, any information that is freely available or accessible in public domain or furnished under the Right to Information Act, 2005 or any other law for the time being in force shall not be regarded as sensitive personal data or information for the purposes of these rules. Third party: For the purposes of this document, a ‘Third Party’ is a service provider who associates with Tata AIG and is involved in handling, managing, storing, processing, protecting and transmitting information of Tata AIG and also includes all sub-contractors, consultants and/or representatives of the Third party.
Contact us This statement and the policies outlined herein are not intended to and do not create any contractual or other legal tights in favor of any user or viewer of www.tataaig.com or on behalf of any other party. Users and viewers are informed that by using the website, they are deemed to have consented to the collection and use of information by www.tataaig.com as stated above. The website is maintained by Tata AIG General Insurance Company Limited. Any Grievance shall be referred to Tata AIG General Insurance Co. Ltd., 15thFloor, Tower A, Peninsula Business Park, G. K. Marg, Lower Parel, Mumbai – 400013, or by email.
Anti Fraud Policy Download here