Travel Insurance Extension
Looking for a way to extend your travel insurance plan? Tata AIG Travel Insurance extension enables you to extend your Tata AIG travel insurance policy with the help of simple, quick and convenient processes and enjoy extended protection and coverage!
With comprehensive travel insurance coverage, you can be covered against a range of emergencies and situations and ensure a hassle-free trip! And, once your policy reaches its expiry date, you can get it extended to continue enjoying the coverage benefits under your policy.
Note: The Travel Insurance Extension is only available on the Travel Guard policy and the Student Guard policy and not on Asia Travel Guard and Domestic Travel Guard policies.
What are the Details and Documentation of the Travel Insurance Extension?
The following is the documentation process for the Travel Guard policy extension, which include single annual insurance policies and the Student Guard policy. To file a request for the documentation, you can get in touch with us or visit us at your nearest Tata AIG office branch:
- Please provide the duly filled extension form, which can either be a scanned copy (to be sent by email) or a hard copy which you can submit at any of our offices (We have provided the document list at the bottom of this page).
- The extension form will have to include the most recent Good Health and Claims Declaration if required.
- Kindly mention all your policy numbers, including any policy extensions that have been issued until now.
- Submit the proof of travel. This will include a copy of your passport page that contains the departure stamp. You may also show your flight ticket.
Important Rules to Remember When Extending Your Travel Insurance
Tata AIG Travel Guard Policy
If you want to extend your Travel Guard policy, you can extend a single-trip policy or the annual multi-trip policy. To extend the annual multi-trip policy, you will have to apply for an extension if your trip exceeds 30 or 45 days, depending on the current plan selected.
Limits for Tata AIG Travel Guard Policy Extension
For a policyholder below the age of 70 years, the policy can be extended for a maximum of 360 days from the initial journey start date, which includes any other extension issued to date.
For a policyholder above the age of 70 years, the policy can be extended for a maximum of 180 days from the initial journey start date, which includes any other extension issued to date.
Tata AIG Student Guard Policy:
If you want to extend your Student Guard policy, you can avail of an extension on a short-term policy for a trip that is less than 365 days or a long-term policy for a trip that is 365 days.
- In the case of single trip policies, the entire trip duration, including the extension, can be 365 days, and the extension will be approved only once during the insured journey.
- An extension of 365 days can be granted on the Student Annual policy.
- In the case of annual policies, an extension application for 365 days or a year will be considered as a renewal.
- In the case of annual policies, an extension application of fewer than 365 days will be processed as a single trip extension of 30 days or 50 days.
- A maximum of 4 months of extension may be allowed above the study completion date as mentioned by the policyholder.
Note: We will accept the extension request within a period of 7 days before the policy expiration to 30 days after the policy expiration.
How to Extend Your Travel Insurance Policy?
Step 1: Check if your policy can be extended (The Travel Insurance Extension is only available on the Travel Guard policy and the Student Guard policy and not on Asia Travel Guard and Domestic Travel Guard policies.)
Step 2: Check the list of rules mentioned above to get a clear idea about the nature and extent of extension you can avail of.
Step 3: Get in touch with us or visit any of our branches to understand the details and documents required to extend your policy. We will also help you with any doubts you have about the extension or if you are not clear about any of the rules mentioned above.
Step 4: Submit the documents and wait for our approval.
Step 5: We will check and verify your documents, policy status and other details. On successful verification, we will approve your travel insurance extension.
The Different Forms for Travel Insurance Policy Extension
- Request Form for Travel Guard Extension:
- Request Form for Student Guard Extension: