Travel Insurance Korea
Travel Insurance Korea
Located in the southern part of the Korean Peninsula, the Republic of Korea also referred to as South Korea, is an important country in the South-East Asian geo-political setup. Surrounded by the Yellow Sea to its West and the Sea of Japan to its East, this picturesque nation is renowned for its diverse landscape.
The terrain of South Korea has all of nature's bounties, including lofty mountains, coastal plains, basins and valleys of rivers, evergreen forests, and beautiful beaches. Marked by a subtropical climate, this nation is a popular tourist destination. Seoul, the capital city of South Korea, is the fifth largest metro city in the world and is home to almost 50% of the nation's total populace. A majority of the tourist interest in South Korea revolves around Seoul and its surrounding areas.
If you are planning a trip to South Korea, it is important to make a detailed plan and checklist. Along with planning the South Korea trip cost from India, the top of your checklist should include the travel requirements to the country, including visa and travel insurance. Since there is no visa agreement between India and South Korea, Indian nationals travelling to the East Asian nation are required to have a pre-approved visa. It is, therefore, necessary to ascertain the type of South Korean visa you need to apply for and submit the application in a timely manner.
In addition to applying for a visa for South Korea, you must also focus on choosing a suitable travel insurance policy. There are several risks involved in international travel, and a travel insurance plan is a simple yet effective shield against a majority of those risks. At Tata AIG, we offer a wide range of international travel insurance policies, starting at as low as ₹40.82 per day*. You can visit our official website and compare travel insurance plans and premia in a few quick steps. By choosing Tata AIG for your Travel Insurance Korea Plan, you will have chosen a feasible travel policy laden with benefits.
Major Benefits of Purchasing the Best Travel Insurance South Korea Plan
Irrespective of where your international travels lead you, one thing remains constant - the fact that you must invest in an optimal travel insurance plan. The same is true for a trip to South Korea from India.
In order to have the best possible layer of financial security during your South Korean travels, you must opt for a travel insurance policy that combines a host of benefits and a feasible cost. This is exactly what Tata AIG's Travel Insurance South Korea Plan encompasses.
Here are the major benefits of the plan:
- Coverage against Baggage loss and delay
- Hijack cover
- Coverage against flight delay and cancellation
- Personal Liability Cover
- Coverage against the loss of passport
- Coverage against theft
- Coverage against Accident and Sickness
- Travel assistance Cover
- Coverage against Covid-19
- Option to extend your travel insurance plan's validity by up to seven days if your flight gets cancelled or delayed and the plan is about to expire
- Flexibility to extend the plan validity by up to 60 days in the event of accident, illness, and/ or hospitalisation close to the plan's expiration
Travel Insurance for Korea from India
Whether international travel is undertaken for business, leisure, or the pursuit of any educational qualifications, it entails a high degree of uncertainty. The moment you cross the sovereign boundaries of India and enter any foreign territory, you cease to enjoy as much protection and security as you do in your homeland.
Although it is impossible to control circumstances, you can add a layer of certainty and safety to your international trips by opting for a comprehensive travel insurance plan. Such a plan offers you financial protection against a wide gamut of potential events, ranging from accidents to personal liabilities, loss of passport to cancellations of flights and/ or hotel bookings.
Whilst planning for your South Korea travel plans, you must give due emphasis to the selection of a suitable travel insurance policy. At Tata AIG, we have designed our travel insurance plans keeping in mind the myriad of risks of international travel. Therefore, these plans comprise extensive coverage and flexibility for extensions, if required. Your search for a Travel Insurance South Korea plan stops at Tata AIG.
Why You Need A Travel Insurance Plan For a Trip to South Korea from India
It is natural to have a myriad of things to tick off the checklist for an international trip. From applying for the right category of visa to booking flight tickets and finalising accommodation arrangements, your plate is bound to be filled with to-dos.
In such a scenario, buying travel insurance often gets relegated. As important as it is to make travel arrangements, it is equally important to secure those arrangements with the selection of an adequate travel insurance policy.
The first and foremost reason for investing in travel insurance is the fact that there is substantial uncertainty attached to a foreign trip. You could end up falling ill or meeting with an accident, losing your passport or baggage, or being involved in some incident that results in personal liability.
It is virtually impossible to predict or avoid most such events. You can, however, ensure that you are well prepared, at least financially, for any eventuality during your trip to a foreign nation. With a significant amount of money already invested in your trip, you should not have to worry about the cost of potential medical expenses and flight or hotel cancellations.
Your international travel should be undertaken with peace of mind, which is why it is prudent to select a travel insurance policy with adequate coverage. That is precisely what we offer with the Tata AIG Travel Health Insurance South Korea Plan.
Should you opt for our Seoul Travel Insurance Plan, you can enjoy several covers, including journey cover, baggage cover, personal liability cover, accident and illness cover, hijack cover etc. And the best part is that our plans have been designed to be light on your wallet.
Tata AIG's Travel Insurance Korea Plan: Benefits Offered
When it comes to international travel insurance, there is no such thing as a plan that fits everyone's distinct travel insurance requirements. With our highly flexible travel insurance plans, though, you can enjoy a host of benefits and a significant degree of customisation.
Not only can you choose the sum insured and extent of the coverage for your Travel Insurance Korea Plan, but you can also benefit from plan extensions in the event of medical emergencies and flight delays/cancellations.
Here are the major benefits of the Tata AIG Travel Insurance South Korea Plan.
1. Medical Cover : One of the most significant benefits of our travel insurance plans is the coverage for medical treatment. In the unfortunate event of you falling prey to any illness or getting injured in an accident or hospitalised during your South Korea trip, such a plan can serve as your financial shield. And the plan can be extended up to 60 days if you need medical assistance towards the end of your trip or plan expiration date.
2. Covid-19 Cover : Over the past few years, there has been another risk underlining international travel. The Covid-19 pandemic has changed the way we live and travel and brought about a significant transformation in international travel norms. To accommodate the risk of you contracting Covid-19 during your trip, our plan covers the expenses associated with the hospitalisation due to Covid-19.
3. Baggage Cover : Airports are akin to labyrinths, and it is commonplace for baggage to be delayed or lost in transit. Such an event could affect your travel plans and itinerary in an adverse manner. If you select our travel insurance plan, however, you can benefit from our extensive baggage cover. This plan covers the expenses incurred in the purchase of essential items in the wake of baggage loss or delay.
4. Journey Cover : In order to ensure that your international trip is financially safeguarded against any journey risks, we have included a journey cover in our international travel insurance plans. This benefit covers loss of passport, delay or cancellation of flights, cancellation of hotel bookings, etc.
5. Other Benefits: Some other prominent benefits of our Travel Insurance Korea plan are as follows:
- Travel assistance
- No medical check-up for policy issuance
- Swift and simple purchase process
- Easy and seamless claims process
- Coverage in United States Dollars for policies purchased in Indian National Rupee
Visa Information for Your South Korea Travel Plan
Before travelling to the Republic of Korea, you must apply for a visa to the country. India and South Korea do not share a visa-free or visa-on-arrival agreement, thereby making a pre-approved visa mandatory for all Indian nationals travelling to the East Asian nation. The first decision you must make vis-a-vis a South Korean visa is the type of visa you need. There are two main types of visas you can choose from, namely Short Term Visas and Long Term Visas. These visa types have several subcategories which have been detailed below.
1. Single Entry Short Term Visa : Should you wish to travel to the Republic of Korea for a short duration, you must apply for a Single Entry Visa. With a validity period of 90 days from the issuance date, this visa allows for a single entry to the country's territory and a maximum stay of 30 days.
2. Double Entry Short Term Visa : Another type of Short Term Visa for South Korea is the Double Entry Visa. For all intents and purposes, this visa is similar to a single entry visa, albeit with the permissibly to enter the country twice during the validity period of the visa. If you have this type of visa, you can stay in South Korea for a maximum of 30 days over a six-month period.
3. Multiple Entry Short Term Visa : A Multiple Entry Visa for South Korea is issued to people who intend to enter the country multiple times over the course of the visa's validity. Generally, this type of visa is issued to business persons and the validity of the visa is case specific.
4. Long Term Single Entry Visa : A Long Term Single Entry Visa for South Korea is issued to people who wish to travel to the country for a long stay and desire single entry. This type of visa is issued to spouses and unmarried children of people who are registered in South Korea. Other key target categories of this visa are foreign nationals who are employed in South Korea and researchers and scholars.
The process of visa application and approval for South Korea has become more stringent in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic. You must, therefore, choose the right category of visa and apply for it well in time.
It is pivotal to follow all the steps of the application process as prescribed and prove that you have no malicious intent to enter the country. If you dot your Is and cross your Ts, you should be able to get your South Korea visa in time.
Documents Required for Travelling to South Korea
Here are the major documents required for travelling to South Korea:
- A valid passport
- Two recent passport-sized photographs
- Your travel itinerary for South Korea
- A copy of your approved visa application form
- Evidence supporting hotel bookings or other accommodation arrangements in South Korea
- South Korea Travel Insurance Policy
- A copy of your return ticket from South Korea
- A cover letter, mentioning the purpose of your visit
- Proof of sufficient funds for your stay in South Korea
- Your Salary slips for the preceding six months
- Your Income Tax Returns for the preceding three years
The Indian Embassy in South Korea
The Indian Embassy in the Republic of Korea is located in the capital city of Seoul. Here is the relevant information about the embassy, which can be handy during your South Korea trip.
|Embassy/ Consulate||Working Hours||Address||Website||Phone Number|
|TThe Embassy of India, Seoul, Republic of Korea||Monday to Friday 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM Consular Services: Monday to Friday 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM||101, Hannam Dong, Dokseodang-ro, Yongsan-gu, Seoul 04419, Republic of Korea||The Embassy of India, Seoul||For Consular Services for Indians +82-2-792-4257 Emergency contact number 010-9356-4188|
Safety Tips for Travelling to South Korea
During your trip to South Korea, you must follow all the local laws and be mindful of your safety at all times. Here are a few handy safety tips for your trip.
- Never go anywhere without your passport in tow.
- Follow all the laws and policies of the country, especially any South Korean travel restrictions owing to Covid-19.
- Stay away from demonstrations which are quite common in South Korea.
- Carry a map of the country and use it when required.
- Be mindful of the laws surrounding alcohol consumption in South Korea.
- Use only recognised means of public transport.
- Ensure the safety of your important documents and luggage.
- Keep the contact information of the Indian Embassy in South Korea handy.
Covid-19 Safety Recommendations For Your Trip to South Korea
With the Covid-19 pandemic wreaking havoc across the globe, most countries had to put stringent travel and entry restrictions into place. South Korea had also followed suit. However, with the reduction of cases and the need to promote tourism, the South Korean government has recently eased said restrictions.
As of 4th August 2022, the Republic of Korea has eliminated all South Korean travel restrictions for tourists. There will be no need for quarantine upon arrival in the East Asian nation. Travellers to the country will, however, be required to undertake a PCR test within a day of entering the territory of South Korea.
For the seamless administration of PCR tests for visitors, the authorities in the country have established test centres in all major airports across the nation. To this end, three such centres are operational at the Incheon International Airport in Seoul and one is operational at the Gimhae International Airport in Busan.
In addition to submitting to a PCR test upon entry into South Korea, you must follow certain standard Covid-19 safety norms, such as:
- Wearing a mask in public places
- Washing your hands at regular intervals
- Avoiding crowded places
- Following any South Korean travel restrictions imposed by the government
Major International Airports in South Korea
The major international airports in South Korea are as follows:
- The Incheon International Airport in Seoul
- The Gimhae International Airport in Busan
- The Gimpo International Airport in Seoul
- The Jeju International Airport in Jeju City
- The Cheongju International Airport in Cheongju
Currency and Foreign Exchange For South Korea
The currency of South Korea is the South Korean Won. During your trip to South Korea, you must have a sufficient quantity of the South Korean Won. It is, therefore, important to keep track of the exchange rate between the Indian National Rupee and the Won, which keeps fluctuating.
You can check the latest exchange rate between the above two currencies here.
The Best Places to Visit in South Korea
South Korea is a country adorned with diverse landscapes and cultures. From serene islands to some of the world's largest metropolises, the East Asian nation has something to cater to the expectations of all kinds of tourists. Whilst planning your trip to South Korea, you must research the best places to visit in the country and carefully craft your itinerary.
Here are some of the places that you simply must visit during your trip to South Korea:
1. Seoul: Celebrated for its hues and vibrance, the capital city of Seoul is a must-visit place in South Korea. The city presents a rare amalgamation of rich history and modern architecture. When in Seoul, you must visit the National Museum, the Bukhansan National Park, and the shopping region of Gangnam.
2. Jeju Island: Counted amongst the new seven wonders of nature, Jeju Island is a breathtaking place. Adorned with white sands, beautiful pine forests, and stunning botanical gardens, Jeju Island is a paradise for nature enthusiasts.
3. Pyeongchang Country: Located 180 kilometres from Seoul, Pyeongchang Country is one of the most frequented tourist hotspots in South Korea. Home to the Odaesan National Park, the region is renowned for its ski resorts and Buddhist shrines.
4. Boseong Green Tea Field: Picture yourself surrounded by verdant tea fields and the serenity of nature - that is precisely what a visit to the Boseong Green Tea Field entails. Host to the famous Green Tea Festival, this place is a must-add to your South Korean itinerary.
5. Seongsan Sunrise Peak: There is something eternally magical about sunrise, and the Seongsan Sunrise Peak in South Korea is one of the best places in the world to behold the rising sun. Created by hydrovolcanic eruptions over 5,000 years ago, this picturesque stroke on nature's canvas is sure to take anyone's breath away. Do not miss this UNESCO World Heritage Site on your trip to South Korea.
The Best Time to Visit South Korea
The best time to plan your South Korean travel is during the months of April and June. It is during this time that spring springs in the beautiful nation and there are cherry blossoms galore. The temperature in the country during this season hovers between 11 degrees Celsius and 27 degrees Celsius, making it the ideal time for a pleasant trip.
The display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and any other subject matter of intellectual property on this page pertains and belongs to their respective owners. The display of such intellectual properties on this page must not be construed as an indication of Tata AIG's association or partnership with the owners of said intellectual property.
Subject to change based on the nature, extent and duration of the travel insurance policy.
Frequently Asked Question
1. Does South Korea offer visa-on-arrival to Indians?
No. India and South Korea have not signed a visa-on-arrival agreement. Therefore, all Indians planning a trip to South Korea should obtain a pre-approved visa.
2. How much do I need to pay to buy the Tata AIG Travel Insurance South Korea Plan
You can buy Tata AIG's Travel Insurance Korea Plan starting at ₹40.82 per day*.
3. What are the different travel insurance plans offered by Tata AIG?
The different travel insurance plans offered by Tata AIG are as follows:
- Domestic Travel Insurance Plans
- International Travel Insurance Plans
- Travel Insurance Plan for Students
- Travel Insurance Plan for Senior Citizens
4. Do I need any health check-ups to purchase travel insurance from Tata AIG
No, you need not go through any health check-ups to buy travel insurance from Tata AIG.