Car Insurance in Bengaluru
Car Insurance in Bengaluru
Bengaluru, the capital city of Karnataka, has earned the epithet "Garden City'' due to its rich greenery. Its year-round pleasant climate and the booming IT industry have attracted Indians from all over the country to come and settle here.
Car Insurance in Bengaluru Overview
The city is also listed among the world's most preferred locations for business setups. Thus, the city has become the fifth most populated one in India, making the roads overcrowded. The fleet of cars plying daily make road accidents a common occurrence here. Thus, the need for car insurance becomes paramount if you live in Bengaluru and own a four-wheeler.
Why Should You Buy Tata AIG Car Insurance in Bengaluru
When you are looking to insure your vehicle, you are most likely to opt for policies that are comprehensive and yet pocket friendly. You can check car insurance online quotes to find yourself a suitable insurance plan. But along with price considerations, you also need a reputed insurance provider with a reliable track record of timely claim settlements.
As far as dependability and brand value are concerned, Tata AIG is the preferred insurance company for countless Indians. Jointly funded by the Tata Group and the American International Group (AIG), Tata AIG began its operations in India in 200. The company is currently celebrating more than 20 years of service in the insurance sector. The reason for this motor insurance provider’s popularity is its commitment to meeting its liability towards policyholders, reflected in the outstanding TATA AIG car insurance claim settlement ratio – 98% in FY 19-20.
Here are some of the key features of Tata AIG car insurance:
- A network of over 7500+ cashless network garages
- Accidental damage and theft cover providing monetary compensation for loss of or damages to your vehicle due to burglary, housebreaking, malicious activities, explosion, terrorism, natural calamities, and the like.
- Protection for the owner-driver with the personal accident cover, granting 100% payout if an accident results in the insured’s death, permanent total disability, loss of sight, and loss of limbs
- (The compensation is 50% of the sum insured in case of loss of one limb or loss of sight in one eye.)
- Financial protection against the legal liabilities claimed by a third party who incurred any loss due to your vehicle
- Round-the-clock assistance from the 24x7 customer service desk for your claim or insurance-related queries
- Option to easily renew motor insurance online within 30 days of the policy expiry date.
- A host of add-on features such as No Claim Bonus (NCB) and Zero Depreciation cover, adding to your financial benefits.
Car Insurance Plans in Bengaluru
Tata AIG offers different types of coverage under its car insurance plans. These include:
- Vehicle loss or damage- The Own Damage Car Insurance protects your car and its accessories from damage or loss caused by burglary, fire, theft or riot, frost or hailstorm, fire and shock damage due to earthquake, and terrorist or malicious act. Protection against natural calamities such as hurricanes, floods, typhoons, storms, or cyclones is also available.
- Third-party liability coverage- The Third Party Car Insurance protects against the legal and financial liabilities arising due to accidents involving your vehicle causing property damage or injury to another individual.
- Comprehensive coverage- The Comprehensive Car Insurance extends financial assistance both for damages to your vehicle as well as to any third party in case of an accident.
- Personal accident cover- this ensures financial compensation to owner-drivers against treatment costs incurred due to minor or severe injuries resulting from an accident.
How to File a Claim
Here’s how you can file a claim with Tata AIG Car Insurance:
- Inform the Tata AIG customer care. We will guide you with the next course of action.
- To file the claim online, go to our Claims Process page.
- Opt for Raise a Claim.
- Provide all the information on the screen. Click on Submit to register your claim with us.
- Submit all the relevant documents that are needed for the claim processing. Some common documents are:
- Duly filled claim form
- Policy documents
- Legal Notice of the concerned party in case of third-party liabilities
- No Trace Report from the police if your vehicle is stolen
- Hospital bills in case of personal accident claim
- Repair bills from the garage (in case of reimbursement claims)
- First Information Report (FIR) in case of an accident
- Personal details - address and identification proof
- Any other document as required for claim settlement
- We will verify the claim, and on successful verification, we will process your car insurance claim.
Need for Car Insurance in Bengaluru
Insurance for a car in the metropolitan city of Bengaluru is a necessity. The city is one of the most congested ones in India and has thousands of vehicles on the road, resulting in huge traffic. Combined with poor road conditions with multiple potholes, the chances for unfortunate events magnify.
Data from the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways indicate that Bengaluru had reported more than 4000 cases of road accidents in 2019. Cases of accident-related deaths were more than 700 in the same year. Bengaluru was also declared as the country's third most accident-prone city in 2018 and 2019. While the past years were not good for Bengaluru's accident rate, the current year might not be too promising as well. According to the accident statistics of the Bengaluru traffic police, cases of accidents reported until March 2021 have exceeded 900. Out of this, more than 190 cases are of deaths. Your car insurance ensures financial protection against such mishaps on the road.
Apart from collisions, explosions are also responsible for damages to vehicles witnessed in Bengaluru. For instance, a bomb explosion that took place in 2018 damaged a government vehicle, a motorbike, and two vans.
With such unforeseen events likely to derail your finances due to high vehicle repair costs, opting for vehicle insurance in India with a reliable company is a priority. Car insurances ensure that you get the right financial assistance to compensate for the losses resulting from accidents. Moreover, motor insurance is also a mandate by the Indian government.
Frequently Asked Question
Which is the top car insurance in Bangalore?
Several motor car insurance companies in Bangalore offer a variety of benefits to the insured. Tata AIG provides a wide range of add-on covers protecting your finances against any mischance occurring with your car. This company also features an effortless online claim intimation facility.
Which is the lowest price car insurance in India?
The Insured Declared Value (IDV) of the car, along with a few common factors, affect the premium cost for your car insurance. You can get customizable car insurance plans from Tata AIA at affordable prices. Check the exact car insurance premium cost for your Tata AIG policy with our free insurance premium calculator.
What are the three types of car insurance?
- Third-party insurance: Covers financial liabilities to third parties facing damages due to your vehicle.
- Comprehensive insurance: Covers both third-party liabilities and damages to the owner's car.
- Personal injury coverage: Protects owner-drivers and co-passengers from losses and injuries due to road accidents.
How do I check my car insurance status online?
You can visit our Self-Service Page for detailed information about your existing Tata AIG motor insurance policy. You can also check the website of the Insurance Information Bureau (IIB) to have a look at the status of any car insurance policy.
What if I miss my car insurance renewal date? Can I still renew my policy?
Yes, you can renew lapsed car insurance. With Tata AIG, you get a grace period of about 30 days to renew an expired car insurance policy and retain the insurance benefits. You can also renew the expired policy of other insurance providers with Tata AIG.